PDA

View Full Version : PvP poll - do you want the leaderboard back?

Nighteg
03-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Okay guys, we're listening on this one, so I want to make sure that we're hearing the right things. If people can keep this tuned to constructive suggestions, that will help (there's a lot of "this stinks, bring back the old way" with no other details, in the last ten pages. That doesn't help.).

Firstly, design goals. We hear a lot of concerns about the number of events going on, and the involvement required for those events. The design goal for this one was specifically to have a lighter, more fun and relaxed event that had a low barrier to participation, and we figured this fit the general theme of the "big game weekend" going in in the States this weekend. Something clean, glitch-free that you could do while sitting around munching on snacks and watching the game (if that is your thing, if not, still a lighter event). That's the main reason for the lack of syndicate/individual leaderboard aspect, although I hear you guys when you say that is what you want out of an event like this.

There are also technical limitations to the leaderboard aspect. The old pvp events of yore were usually done in a very "hacky" way in the background that involved no visible leaderboard and a logging/ script combo used to determine winners after the fact. That method was fraught with potential technical weirdness, especially with the involvement of syndicates/factions (that was one of the reasons we hadn't had one of these in awhile) and again we wanted something fun and glitch-free this time.

A lot of the other frustration in here seems to be due to the recent rivals list change, if I am reading things correctly, which really deserves its own thread (as it impacts peoples' enjoyment of the event but is not the event itself).

Are there any other points that I am missing in regard to the event structure and what people would like to see? Again, please keep it constructive.

Taken from here:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?82031-Blood-Bowl-LXVIII-PvP-Tournament!/page11

You mentioned 2 things that stood in your way that time:
1) "big game weekend". That's behind us.
2) Technical limitation. Since you brought the leaderboard to the wars, i can assume the "technical limitation" was resolved too.

So if you're still "listening on this one", you can see that the VAST MAJORITY wants the leaderboard back.
We'd appreciate a response. Thank you for your attention.

Champion24
03-03-2014, 04:13 PM
And with better prizes.

Mean joe
03-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Yes we do. And yes better prizes would be great as well.

GucciMane
03-03-2014, 06:57 PM
no, because then I would be "encouraged" to spend to compete.

Dat Guy
03-04-2014, 03:15 PM
I guess they read this and decided to give us an individual leader board, complete with prizes, during this weekends syndicate event.

Nighteg
03-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I guess they read this and decided to give us an individual leader board, complete with prizes, during this weekends syndicate event.

Maybe, but it's not the same.
In the PvPs, the formula is stats based. The higher your atk / opponent's def, the more points you got. It was fair.
Plus the more stamina you had, the more points you could make.

In the wars the formula is lvl based, and high lvls are punished simply for playing this game too long.
Plus everyone have the same health, so the only advantage is gold.

It's a step in the right direction, but we still want the old PvPs back!

Nighteg
04-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Special bump for CJ, A&F, QueenPin, Jerle, CrazyNerdyGirl (if she's still around) and whoever else is responsible for not bringing back the most fun event this game ever had.

The Night Prowler
04-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Well done Nighteg for doing this. What's the point of smashing people time after time without a leaderboard to show off on..
Mods take note it's what the people want.

Michel01
04-09-2014, 09:51 AM
No leaderboRd just the same as last time with an modifier extra

ohlo-00
04-09-2014, 10:27 AM
I want old style PvP - syndicate showdown(brawl points) individual and syndicate leaderboard. Better prizes including mods

sister morphine
04-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Hmm, a PvP leaderboard or equity in points scored during wars instead of high levels being penalised. Which to choose; it's so hard....

...... Oh hang on, actually it's not!

Nighteg
04-09-2014, 11:27 AM
edited....

JimCC/MW
04-09-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm actually more curious about what percent of players are participating in this PvP event.

Sammo the Kid
04-09-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm actually more curious about what percent of players are participating in this PvP event.

My whole syn is sitting out except for the lvl 250s.

Carloco
04-09-2014, 04:11 PM
I think where most players have issues is with the stacking events.

Crobach
04-10-2014, 02:35 AM

Im in 3 synds and in those 3 combined 2 players are participating, both high 200 lvl. Thats Close to 1%...

billyrobin
04-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Yes pls makes more sense with leaderboard

Robert M
04-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Bring back the old leaderboard and better prizes plz

TZora
04-10-2014, 10:43 AM
boring game .. boring events .. gree doesn't care what we want so i no longer give a flying fart to what gree is going to do with this game. i play this game as simcity .. building and decorating the hood is by far the most fun :)

Lil Bra
04-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Just wish more bricks would drop al least durning the PvP on 6/14 only have 18 bricks to show for it