PDA

View Full Version : Are Base Defence Buildings Useful?

Badvock
03-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Back in the day when 50k stats where considered OMG! base defence buildings seemed to make a difference to your overall defences. But now with players pushing up to the 100mil stat range, are base defence builds worth buying or upgrading?

My thoughts are NO.

Wouldn't it be good if your base defence buildings started to play a larger roll in your overall defence rating? Just a idea to throw out there, what if we have the level cap on base defence buildings raised to 20 or even 30? It would encourage more use of these buildings and reignite the purpose of actually having a base in game again.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

williswho
03-03-2014, 12:50 PM
They currently are not worth it at all. I believe they're looking into making them relevant again.

Thief
03-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Nope...Not useful

As Far as if they will be useful again....time will tell.

Agent Orange
03-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Totally useless, also add the Infirmary to the list of useless boost buildings while you are at it.

Rade
03-03-2014, 12:53 PM
The only purpose of having defense buildings now is to fulfill the build x/x buildings mission. When you get over 100 buildings built, you will find it necessary to build defense buildings. Other than that, they only serve to take up space on your base and provide virtually no defense. I didn't like them before even when they did provide a significant amount of defense so I would say they should be removed from the game if anything.

Thief
03-03-2014, 12:57 PM
The only purpose of having defense buildings now is to fulfill the build x/x buildings mission. When you get over 100 buildings built, you will find it necessary to build defense buildings. Other than that, they only serve to take up space on your base and provide virtually no defense. I didn't like them before even when they did provide a significant amount of defense so I would say they should be removed from the game if anything.

Stuck on Build 1 Bunker...So i wouldn't know. Didn't want the XP back in the day. Now it just makes me laugh that i have been playing for over 2 years and never bought a bunker of all things. (as i have all other buildings excluding gold ones)

Badvock
03-03-2014, 02:12 PM
It would be nice to get a developers thoughts on this subject. Is there anything in the pipeline?

AdamInToronto
03-03-2014, 04:50 PM
They'd be worth something if their boost was a defence percentage, rather than an absolute defence increase.

Agent1200
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I think having them boost our defense stat is pointless now. BUT, maybe they should provide more defense against a raiding within their given proximity?? That probably wouldn't work either...

azgrunge
03-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Gree put this into CC. Do you want something similar here?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?83957-Relax-on-the-Beach-in-the-Beachfront-Retreat!

It is expensive. It seems to do the trick though as I have successfully fought off much larger opponents lately.

I am a cow!
03-04-2014, 02:50 AM
Stuck on Build 1 Bunker...So i wouldn't know. Didn't want the XP back in the day. Now it just makes me laugh that i have been playing for over 2 years and never bought a bunker of all things. (as i have all other buildings excluding gold ones)

hi five? same i don't even have a guard outpost but i have 5 SAM launchers and 5 turrets 5 mine fields 5 fortified bunker 5 detention centres 5 railguns (well u get the point...)

Major_Death
03-04-2014, 04:28 AM
It would be great if they were more useful. That way players would upgrade them.

Watash
03-04-2014, 05:20 AM
When raiding somone's base I ignore the defense buildings completely. Totally useless...Infirmary useless as well

bin
03-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Only useful if you want to do the build xx buildings missions