PDA

View Full Version : This game is starting to become pointless...

the schwayzz
03-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Gree, this game is an ingenious plan against innocent people. I am on of the victims in this plan, and so are the majority of the players of the game. I spend too much money on this game as do countless other players in this game. After this event, I for one am done dropping money on a stupid game. Seriously people, just think about what you are spending your money on.. We are dropping hundreds of dollars for virtual points on our profile to become higher. I just spent $150 on this event for a couple stupid little weapon. I still don't know what I was thinking. In the end, the "stat inflation" will continue to inflate. Shocker!! I know! But, these weapons you spent hundreds of dollars on.. BAM they go along with the weapons that you got back in Funzio's reign.

Since people that buy gold are GREE's main source of income, what if theoretically everyone stopped buying gold for the stupid events such as these. This is easy for me to say because I'm not extremely addicted like some other players, but if the people on the forum actually wanted GREE to listen to them, this would be the most powerful attack in my opinion.

However, there are always scumbags in this game, who would fall victim to some new bull**** 60% off all gold purchases, when everyone fasts from buying gold. I would even be tempted to buy that. Not anymore though, I am officially retiring from GREE's Gold Rush.

Back to my main point, that "attack" on GREE is all theoretical and will never happen, because the people playing this game are all weak. That and there are simply too many people playing this game who don't read the forum but also buy gold. So, there is really no point in this game besides harvesting buildings, fighting rivals, and ranking up. It about to be what is was like 3 years ago when I first started this game.

Electrify
03-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Your just now realizing this?

RealTeflonDon
03-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Damnit.. you beat me to it electrify..

Agreed though..

Dr BoneCrusher
03-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Bro, a couple of things.

First, entertainment is the point of the game. We all pay for it some how, be it time or money.

I must say after a year lay off what I see is this game is lacking Drama! No villains or Underdogs. No conflicts! In Crime Cities Hey Day, And might I add I was a part of, where Good Public Fights! This Game has lost that. Who does everyone Hate? Who are the upstart underdogs?

Second, and more to your point! In real estate the saying is "location! Location! Location!" In this game it is "modifiers modifires modifires". Don't spend a dime unless it is to obtain them. IF anyone spent money on the boss event, they must be crazy!

Finally, don't delet you hood you will come back!

OmgMileyCyrus
03-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Bro, a couple of things.

First, entertainment is the point of the game. We all pay for it some how, be it time or money!
Exactly, I started this game as a free player in a top 500 syn swearing to never spend money on this game. Now, I'm in a top 25 syn earning 250K+IP per battle and finishing almost every event. Mostly because of my friends and how much I enjoy playing with them. To put that in perspective, I also play men's softball pretty competitively and spend hundreds a year just on bats, that too mostly because of friends I enjoy being around....

To put that all in perspective my wife spends more than that shopping every month.

Spend your money on what you want when you want but don't come on here crying and telling us you're not gonna spend anymore (directed at OP) do something else with your money if you wish or do absolutely nothing with it but I don't care either way.

Electrify
03-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Damnit.. you beat me to it electrify..

Agreed though..

Great minds think alike lol

GucciMane
03-03-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't see why people don't just pay their willingness-to-pay for events, provide constructive feedback to the devs on the events, and then shut up.

TheShmoo69
03-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Exactly, I started this game as a free player in a top 500 syn swearing to never spend money on this game. Now, I'm in a top 25 syn earning 250K+IP per battle and finishing almost every event. Mostly because of my friends and how much I enjoy playing with them.

And this would be why syndicates/factions are a brilliant marketing ploy by Gree. Now they can rely on the players to provide pressure on other members of their syndicates to buy gold. Gotta keep those influence points up in battle. ;-)

OmgMileyCyrus
03-03-2014, 05:36 PM
And this would be why syndicates/factions are a brilliant marketing ploy by Gree. Now they can rely on the players to provide pressure on other members of their syndicates to buy gold. Gotta keep those influence points up in battle. ;-)there is no pressure....just join a different syn with less requirements. Like I said top 50 syns have free players

TheShmoo69
03-03-2014, 05:52 PM
there is no pressure....just join a different syn with less requirements. Like I said top 50 syns have free players

Yes, I agree 100% but... then again, the player would have to say goodbye and leave a majority of their new online friends behind. This kind of goes back to a basic high school "click" psychology to belong to something GREAT (i.e. top xxx syndicate). Personally, with stat inflation being what it is I've taken this option and no longer spend real $$ on this game.

Miss Soprano
03-03-2014, 06:21 PM
There are rules to this game. Rule number 1. Stay a free player no matter what. Rule number 2. Let the suckers pay for this thumbs game.

GucciMane
03-03-2014, 06:59 PM
there is no pressure....just join a different syn with less requirements. Like I said top 50 syns have free players

They can't settle for that solution, Miley, because the dissonance of only getting prize Y and not prizes X,Z,and A is too great.

I have a home with open spots for free top-50/75 players with high stats if they were even looking.........

ILikeTheAbuse
03-03-2014, 08:11 PM
i just spent $150 on this event for a couple stupid little weapon.
This is easy for me to say because i'm not extremely addicted like some other players,

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Vile Lynn
03-03-2014, 08:26 PM
2011 is calling...

It wants it point back.

1Shot
03-03-2014, 10:09 PM
I will never pay real money to this game. I'm just going to play on a daily basis by working my way up and soon I will work my way up. This may take me months, even years to catch up to players who spend hundreds to thousands of dollars in this game, but I can tell myself that I did it from hard work and dedication. Anyone who doesn't do what I do is just spoiled little kids using there moms credit card or stupid adults wasting there paycheck. This is true facts, don't waste that much money on this "gold" that is in a game. ****, for $150 bro you could buy a decent amount of real gold, wow.

OmgMileyCyrus
03-04-2014, 04:31 AM
I will never pay real money to this game. I'm just going to play on a daily basis by working my way up and soon I will work my way up. This may take me months, even years to catch up to players who spend hundreds to thousands of dollars in this game, but I can tell myself that I did it from hard work and dedication. Anyone who doesn't do what I do is just spoiled little kids using there moms credit card or stupid adults wasting there paycheck. This is true facts, don't waste that much money on this "gold" that is in a game. ****, for $150 bro you could buy a decent amount of real gold, wow.

You mad brah?
Cool story bro

sister morphine
03-04-2014, 07:08 AM
I must say after a year lay off what I see is this game is lacking Drama! No villains or Underdogs. No conflicts! In Crime Cities Hey Day, And might I add I was a part of, where Good Public Fights! This Game has lost that. Who does everyone Hate? Who are the upstart underdogs?
Very true. SAS cheerleaders vs FC/TAW cheerleaders on the forum isn't a patch on CK vs Indians, or CK vs CCB, or everybody vs MWWM. :D

Of course, there wasn't a constant pressure to spend big money then either. The game was fun.

sister morphine
03-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Funnily enough that's not as daft as it sounds. For now at least I find myself twice as strong as ex-Fight Club member Dr BoneCrusher, and without spending anything for months. He did have to take a year off for this to happen, it's true ;)

fuzzy
03-04-2014, 07:53 AM

In game name and level ? :p

Come at me bro.....:cool:

1Shot
03-04-2014, 08:31 AM
You mad brah?
Cool story bro

How do I seem mad at all? Or maybe you're mad because you blew money on a mobile video game, LOL.

Dr BoneCrusher
03-04-2014, 08:40 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1058102/scared-bear-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/1058102/scared-bear.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

Dr BoneCrusher
03-04-2014, 08:43 AM
In game name and level ? :p

Come at me bro.....:cool:

King of the Jungle
Level 250

bravo 6 vk
03-04-2014, 08:56 AM
top 50 syns have free players
Yea like me.. Free and top 50, 15m stats, level 131. Very pressure free.
Not caring of this "special" epic boss at all. Boycotting.

fuzzy
03-04-2014, 09:15 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1058102/scared-bear-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/1058102/scared-bear.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

not a bad gif but not even close to joeycool gifs

step up or step out

sap_pete
03-04-2014, 09:21 AM
I applaud the latest changes by Gree. In the past I spent way too much money to finish events. 20 bucks here, 50 bucks here. Now when I see events where from the onset it's clear that you need to spend at least 200-300 dollars, I just don't give a F anymore. So thanks, Gree, for saving me some money !

Dr BoneCrusher
03-04-2014, 09:21 AM
not a bad gif but not even close to joeycool gifs

step up or step out

I have to say you are right, that Gif with all the cats (pssy's) in the war room was the best. No would even try a come back!

Joeycool
03-04-2014, 05:42 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Reaction_Gifs_HQ.gif

Dr BoneCrusher
03-04-2014, 06:20 PM
JoeyCool, wow a sight for sore eyes! And yes that was the one!

About time this forum has some personality on it!

ShawnBB
03-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Exactly, I started this game as a free player in a top 500 syn swearing to never spend money on this game. Now, I'm in a top 25 syn earning 250K+IP per battle and finishing almost every event. Mostly because of my friends and how much I enjoy playing with them. To put that in perspective, I also play men's softball pretty competitively and spend hundreds a year just on bats, that too mostly because of friends I enjoy being around....

To put that all in perspective my wife spends more than that shopping every month.

Spend your money on what you want when you want but don't come on here crying and telling us you're not gonna spend anymore (directed at OP) do something else with your money if you wish or do absolutely nothing with it but I don't care either way.

You and your wife should spend those God Damn money helping the kids in Africa.