PDA

View Full Version : Time to stick a fork in WD, it's done

Agent Orange
03-02-2014, 02:46 PM
WD the way it is now is not worth the time spent playing IMHO. I like the idea of Faction v Faction battles but frankly this incarnation is getting rather stale.

Might I suggest scrapping these biweekly battles and instead make them permanent. WTF has AO lost his mind again? Yeah probably, but I would say kill the current WD format and replace it with tiered goals based on wins and winning streaks with no time limit. Kill prizes based on team placement, besides how many more units does SUP really need. Then those who want to do FvF can go whenever they want, keep the current or slightly improve the matching algorithm but add one other button, to withdraw a declare after 10-15 minutes of waiting if it looks like nobody is available.

Jhenry02
03-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm tired of it too

Silver Boulder
03-02-2014, 03:02 PM
WD the way it is now is not worth the time spent playing IMHO. I like the idea of Faction v Faction battles but frankly this incarnation is getting rather stale.

Might I suggest scrapping these biweekly battles and instead make them permanent. WTF has AO lost his mind again? Yeah probably, but I would say kill the current WD format and replace it with tiered goals based on wins and winning streaks with no time limit. Kill prizes based on team placement, besides how many more units does SUP really need. Then those who want to do FvF can go whenever they want, keep the current or slightly improve the matching algorithm but add one other button, to withdraw a declare after 10-15 minutes of waiting if it looks like nobody is available.

Best idea i have seen to date

Sinisterclick
03-02-2014, 03:23 PM
TBH WD events became worthless 6-9 months ago... I have always said you get more for your buck during other events.. Streaking made it interesting for a while ;-) glad l made the choice to walk away...

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
03-02-2014, 03:28 PM
War is literally the only reason I still play. It's the only aspect of this game which still values strategy (IF you streak). Not sure if you play for rank or not. If you do... Try switching it up. Rank is nothing but mindless tedium. I could hire monkeys to do that job. If you streak.. And still hate war... Probably time to move on from the Greeverse. As this game has nothing else of any value besides streaking in war.

Paisthecoolest
03-02-2014, 03:31 PM
The war is my least favorite part of the game. It takes up the most time, costs the most money, and gives the worst rewards.

steelhead
03-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Am playing mw for over 2 years now. I can say i still love it despite gree has gotten a little greedy in the last months. Not trying to make clever remarks here but it has gotten a little out of hand. People paying a vault to open the 10th crate and getting nothing, a new type of energy event to collect a certain amount of units with a horrible drop rate, increasing raid boss health making it only possible for monster stat players, at the end of a streak misteriously matching a much stronger faction, giving out worthless units for individual wins during wd and much more. Yeah, we know this.
That doesn't mean, all you have to do is complain. Come up with ideas, be constructive. And lately sup/pun/ferr/tko/gsf/osw (i lost it) got out of hand. Rivalry is good and fun, but not the way this is going. You do need eachother to have fun. So play this game without hatered.
Would "hate" to loose this game.

2MblaZ
03-02-2014, 06:10 PM
just look at # 1-3 sore 'winners' - they would strongly disagree with you...

Archer59
03-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Great idea Agent!

King little fruit fly
03-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Yep, let's scrap it, way too time consuming, definitely a boring divorce maker. :mad:

DTA-HOG
03-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Agreed. WD has become a drag. So has farming bosses... We need a serious overhaul here gree.

Big John
03-03-2014, 04:11 AM
I have suggested we should have faction pvp out with WD.

Do away with individual pvp and reduce WD to 2 days or scrap it.

Sheldor Sir
03-03-2014, 05:37 AM
put prize like +1Health or 10% regen on top 150 & 250 see how much that helps............aot of people would be more interested because they might just might have a chance if they play well to get it putting it top 3 means 99.9% of players dont even look, just look at point change between top 50 up to top

bergmystr
03-03-2014, 05:38 AM
Once a month and 2 days, or kill WD completely.

stephen2013
03-03-2014, 07:28 AM
I don't care for wars anymore. I just have too much going on during the weekends to be as active as they demand. I don't find them fun or worthwhile, besides the bonuses attached to units.

Lord Green
03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Don't like the idea, but WD have gotten old.

Jhenry02
03-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I've gone multiple wars without even looking at the rewards or leaderboard.
The new matchup algorithm has made me obsolete and I don't appreciate it. With concrete being scarcer than a working event, I'm relegated to playing with myself instead of busting walls.

This particular event (wd) killed it for me. I'm curious to see this new event where you can exchange old units. But, if it flops I'm probably going to another game.
Feel free to PM for details about my descriptions.

Thanks,
-J

ardiamonds
03-03-2014, 03:34 PM
for once our little five man team had fun, we basically did not care about rewards, they all really were disappointing for our strength, so we just did what we could and had a bunch of laughs. we had teams that were so much stronger than us we actually won one by hitting the command center the last two minutes since none of us had targets. I do have to agree we need changes, one being a surrender button so we do not have to wait a whole hour just for a big fat loss. we had an average of three mil attack and drew teams with a seven to ten mil defense, so we just chatted and cut jokes and wasted the hour. maybe gree should think, "Hum, if they are not fighting they will not buy gold! So we lose potential money." And the stupid "NEWS" alert, buy gold for your war, really? well, we did not, just ignored that stupid news alert. come on gree, think outside the box, you might get us all happy if you did.