PDA

View Full Version : Match up wait times are a joke

Mr. Artois
03-01-2014, 01:07 PM
15-20 minutes on average to match a team.

Sort it out please, how the heck are we supposed to get anywhere near 50 win these delays.

Sinisterclick
03-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Sort it out please, how the heck are we supposed to get anywhere near 50 win these delays.

Apparently this is what the majority wanted... Didn't mean that much to them as they normally spend 30 mins between wars complaining about the streak faction that just beat them ....

Kimm
03-01-2014, 02:02 PM

Same here sir.. 15min minimum to even match.. it's freaking ridiculous

Apollo13
03-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Same here. The wait is too long. And I think the so call twitching to the game is target at streaker team.

goldacre84
03-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Zzzzzz bore off. Bet you were the same lot moaning that you had to face streak teams. No pleasing some!

MadAtWorld
03-01-2014, 05:03 PM
First, it was the Top 10 teams complaining of 20 minute wait times. Remember the war when a certain top team missed the big final win, said it was because the wait times made it impossible to achieve, so Gree admitted it was so and that top team was given the top prize as compensation?

Now, the teams that were created by Grees attempt to add a new and interesting twist to the game (not sure all teams) are all experiencing 20+ minutes wait times to make a match because they changed something in the formula. It's not because we sit here and take a break in between, we are hitting the button the second a battle is over. It's just not going to be enough to allow for the number of battles required for a 12 win streak.

Regardless whether you are one of the ones who prefers ranking or streaking, we should all be able to agree that if you have a goal, you have to make it attainable. There are many types of teams and I won't tell you which you should prefer as I expect you to respect my choice as well. Right now, the teams whose bread and butter is the streak prizes are being shut out of their own goals. Rank teams get the rank prizes. Streak teams sacrifice those and have to work very hard to go for the streak goal. And not making it, they lose all.

So a question for the Developers/Mods: for those teams who have declared nonstop and who have had excessive wait times that caused them to be unable to finish the 12 streak, and are missing it by one battle (the criteria set in your previous compensation), will you be awarding those teams the unit or a similar unit the way you did the last time your match changes unfairly affected outcomes?

I look forward to your response, whatever it may be.

Kimm
03-02-2014, 02:03 AM
Zzzzzz bore off. Bet you were the same lot moaning that you had to face streak teams. No pleasing some!

Get your facts straight first before accusing people troll

Kimm
03-02-2014, 02:05 AM
Thank you gree. With these match times it's seems to be impossible for us to even fight enough battles to qualify for the 56. How is that fair.

andrew3wt
03-02-2014, 06:52 AM
My faction has accomplished 12/12 streak for the last 4 wars and now we can't even get 56 battles fought because of wait times. 10-15 mintues waiting to match times, every time!!!!!

We have been going back to back with no sleep, gree please address!

menmylac
03-02-2014, 01:32 PM
I dont mind the wait time because we are getting better fight matchups

Sinisterclick
03-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I dont mind the wait time because we are getting better fight matchups to notice the difference you had to have been able to fight 65 matches consecutively previously... Your still happy with your 30 odd battles over three days ;-)

Agent Orange
03-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Why don't you guys get it? The problem is most likely that there is no fair match for your team and THAT is why you have a long wait. As someone else mentioned already, people complained about the long match times, so Gree changed the formula to speed things up and in doing so caused a different problem, that matches where not as fair.

So now folks complain about the wait time, but the matches are fair. WTF make up your frigging minds, do you want fair with a long wait if there are no fair matches to be had or do you want fair matches with the potentially long wait times.

I confess that I reached the point where I no longer care, the unit bonuses for WD are now not attainable to the average player so for me WD is a total waste of time to begin with. There are now better more lucrative events where you won't be as frustrated. Er well that is as long as something isn't screwed up….

ste58008
03-02-2014, 02:37 PM
You can't have it both ways all the time... Even matchups and speedy matchups. maybe they could have 2 different declare options, one to wait for an evenly matched team and one that just gives you the next available team whether even or not. Or maybe an option after declaring to say I've wanted long enough just give me any team. Don't cry if you get a sup team though.

Oh and for all those complaining about it being grees fault that you can't get the 50 or 56 wins because of match making times... Unless you've had all waiting times over 17 mins then really it's your own fault ;-)

steelhead
03-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Well, i mentioned this before. Loose the declare button and let gree take care of the match ups. You will have a match every hour and it will be fair. The only concern is, you wont be able to control who you'll be fighting by waiting for some faction to get matched. And the other thing is, you will be matched 24/7. Not a problem for the top tier, more for small streak teams.
There is another thing that would make wd better. There is no need for scouting anymore, with all the intel about the factions. You can just look it up to find a suitable "victim". What if.... name change would be free during wd and you could change members place in the faction during wd. I know a lot of players want to control this game in some way, but it is a game. And the most important thing is to have fun.

steelhead
03-03-2014, 01:50 PM
A lot of complaining about waiting times, cause gree fixed match ups. Without the fix, there were complaints about unfair match ups. Above is your answer.

Jannski
03-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Meh... i don't think auto declare would constitute fun for me.

Problem 1: I don't see fighting factions with 1 or 2 players on because the auto declare happens whether they're there or not as much fun over time as it would be boring. Having to try to get people to be on every single hour or every other hour on the hour would just be painful. I like being able to roll call, get ready and start when we're ready vs. on a preset schedule that isn't accommodating.

Problem 2: I spend enough time in this game when we get to choose our war times... and given the schedule of the last two weeks... I love my faction... but I was so relieved it's a crate event next. I can opt out and take a break! Back to back and overlapping faction events for a solid week+ = more exhausting and obligatory than fun. So my point here is partially colored by the fact I'm sick of faction events right now even without something else occurring hourly whether you want to or not. ha!

Honestly I think if it's impossible to get 50 matches... then the easiest solution is to lower the streak goal to make it attainable. Keep the fair match ups.

That would make streaking still viable for those who like to play that way. (I'm not on streak team... just trying to see both sides.)

I think if it stays as is and teams are forced to change strategies to make themselves easier to match, we may see another set of unintended consequences to the matching system used... and the fun factor plummets again.

MadAtWorld
03-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Oh and for all those complaining about it being grees fault that you can't get the 50 or 56 wins because of match making times... Unless you've had all waiting times over 17 mins then really it's your own fault ;-)[/QUOTE]

54 total battles fought. Not waiting for another team, declaring the second our battle ended. Never had a wait time less than ten minutes, and at least half the time our waits were 20 minutes or more. So.... whose fault again?

Kimm
03-03-2014, 04:27 PM
54 total battles fought. Not waiting for another team, declaring the second our battle ended. Never had a wait time less than ten minutes, and at least half the time our waits were 20 minutes or more. So.... whose fault again?

Same here sir... And to those complaining about us complaining about matchup times, but that at least the match ups were fair. They weren't. We still kicked ass. But cause of these match times we were not able to finish the 12/12.

Gen CheeBye
03-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Everyone that's complaining about long waiting time should try this:

Bigger guild size (about 40pax to start with) and lower average stats (at least half of your current average) to get shorter matchup times.

Please don't ask me for details. Discuss it with your team. Everyone will have different solutions to the same problem.

Gree has made many people upset with the current changes so let us up the ante shall we? ;)

azgrunge
03-03-2014, 11:48 PM
I dont mind the wait time because we are getting better fight matchups

We either clobbered those we faced or were decimated. Of the 20 battles or so we were in, there were 2-3 close. The rest were lopsided. The formula is messed up.