PDA

View Full Version : New Epic Boss

RuckusX
02-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Do you like the changes made to the Epic Boss event? I haven't made a decision just yet. Though I have triggered the boss, it seems to be hard to trigger, unlike previous events.

cmckinney716
02-28-2014, 01:16 PM
I don't like that they took away syn goals for EB.

b-w
02-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Why change it to begin with..not like other things (rivals list) needs fixing..this was great and now it's broken. Not cool at all...If you would concentrate your energy on the things that the players hate and leave alone the things we like then we'd play more..

nickcity
02-28-2014, 01:23 PM
I'll hold off voting until I have a chance to actually play the event. :mad:

Deadwater
02-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Wow some people just don't like something different huh. They did something different once doesn't mean it'll be like this every time. Relax and play the game. Overreacting children.

sap_pete
02-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Bosses not showing up, stupid health, useless event.

ploop
02-28-2014, 01:28 PM
I hate it. I need 2 cash hits just for level 5

b-w
02-28-2014, 01:34 PM
overreacting children? really?

Glad you like it..Maybe gree's goal was to please you and only you..in that case, it worked perfectly! Congrats.

Seany527
02-28-2014, 01:52 PM
People liked the Epic Bosses. No one ever really complained, so WHY would they change it.

I really hope Gree has some long term plan and we rust don't realize it yet.

RealTeflonDon
02-28-2014, 02:01 PM
People liked the Epic Bosses. No one ever really complained, so WHY would they change it.

I really hope Gree has some long term plan and we rust don't realize it yet.

Their long-term plan is (and has always been) to make money. This is what we get.

KingOW
02-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I hate it! Why try to fix something that wasn't broken Gree? What are you smoking? :S

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-28-2014, 03:26 PM
You coulda just increased boss health and increased boss tiers. Increase the number of syndicate kills needed. Leave the format alone. It's ok to wanna make money off events, and it's soooooo obvious how to do it. Don't know why gree chooses the path with most resistance.

I'm skipping this event.

Danny Clear
02-28-2014, 03:33 PM
If they got rid of the ltq part and we were able to trigger the bosses its kinda cool with different bosses but as of now this is a complete flop

Also no synd goals seems more and more things are individual based rather than synd which is the complete opposite of what everone wants. I dont get this company

Outrage
02-28-2014, 03:35 PM
(a) bosses are harder to summon
(b) the syndicate event is missing
(c) a energy hungry LTQ now linked to the event

Oh my, theses are actually negatives (sarcasm intended).... My bad!!!!

I'm contemplating quitting the game...... Where is the fun?

yuleizy
02-28-2014, 03:38 PM
i hate it ....

Juliopel
02-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Another good event ruined by gree...

nazgul
02-28-2014, 05:07 PM
I don't care, but for crying out loud at least make the bosses spawn like they used to.

Laelia
02-28-2014, 05:09 PM
there is not game to play any more....boss don't come....17 pvp moves + 11 missions....no boss.....no fun

Miss Soprano
02-28-2014, 08:14 PM
His epic boss sucks!

Captain Torgue
02-28-2014, 08:29 PM
This is the best event to date. I finished it in the first five minutes.

The jP
02-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Epic...... fail.

dahat003
02-28-2014, 08:41 PM
First they switch up the rivals list without telling us; a move which has been universally accepted as a bad one. Then they compound their rediculous faux pas by, once again, changing something without getting player input. They could at least have waited a few months for feedback to come in from Modern War, but I guess that kind of foresight is beyond them.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. But we're far beyond two fools now.

RuckusX
03-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Not going over too well

Champion24
03-01-2014, 08:05 AM
If the boss wasn't such a pain to summon it probably wouldn't be to bad.
If it stays this way it's getting a big thumbs down.

dribblin todger
03-01-2014, 08:08 AM
and remember it does say "Special Epic Boss" that does not necessarily mean that its going to be the norm from now on. but lets see

RealTeflonDon
03-01-2014, 08:17 AM
The problem I see is that, they had this 40% gold sale before this got underway.. surely a lot of people bought into that. Now everyone's going to be finishing this thing (at least those that bought gold)...

That's going to skew the results & this style of Epic Boss will stick. The rarity of triggering the boss makes the event terrible enough as it is. The increased health for different bosses makes determining how much gold it may or may not require makes it that much worse..

Bottom line is- What was once a good event, is no more. There are no longer any events that are actually entertaining. Just one big chore.

Subliminal masochism at it's finest.

b-w
03-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the beginning of the end..players in my syn are talking about quitting..It's all over but the crying

officially ruined.

rhyno
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Gree changes could be the final nail in the coffin for me making this boss not show up as easy and making the health so hard that lvl 6 requires cash hits which is unreal was fine before. They are just looking for more money but a lot will not off ppl will not do it keep making it hard gree and you will go broke also increasing the rb hard enough before I've played the game for near 3 years and it's just been pushing me away every time they want more gold I think they get enough money spent on it. I've seen so many quit over theses increases and expect a lot more.

jimbo.
03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I dontknow yet, I have used every PvP hit and all energy and haven't summoned any bosses yet, as soon as one of the monkeys at gree tell me the magic way you have to summon a boss I'll let you know,

Jeremy Kyle
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Wow some people just don't like something different huh. They did something different once doesn't mean it'll be like this every time. Relax and play the game. Overreacting children.

yeah like the ltqs? still the same stupid format they ruined a good event and pushed more players to quit

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
03-01-2014, 01:07 PM
The idea is better. It's more fun with the cycle of 1-10.
However the health seems to be an issue, 5 days to go so times not going to be an issue. On 59 with 8 cash. So there's no way gold won't be needed. Predicting first boss to go over 13 cash hits will be 70 or 79. As long as it's only the 9th/10th in the cycle that need a regen i won't complain. Although I did start this boss on l200 so not top tier, next one in top tier will not be done!

Lil_Eugenie
03-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Change it, keep it the same, double it, take it away, doesn't matter. No matter the change, not everyone will be happy. I'm upset with the absence of the syndicate boss event. Thought it would be there as this event is scheduled to run through the 6th of March... Curious to see if there will be a surprise or not near the end...

Edit: Happy to see uzi's dropping as they are..

RealTeflonDon
03-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Looks like not many are happy with this one..

J4CK D4N13L N0 7
03-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Change it, keep it the same, double it, take it away, doesn't matter. No matter the change, not everyone will be happy. I'm upset with the absence of the syndicate boss event. Thought it would be there as this event is scheduled to run through the 6th of March... Curious to see if there will be a surprise or not near the end...

Edit: Happy to see uzi's dropping as they are..

Was anyone unhappy with how it was before!?

RealTeflonDon
03-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Was anyone unhappy with how it was before!?

A poll could tell you. Based on the poll from this thread, 9 people disliked the previous format.

RuckusX
03-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Basura....

Gunn
03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
While i appreciate gree trying to do something new, i don't like them tampering with one of their best events. If you want to create something new, create something new, but don't hack up a great event. Reasons i prefer the old epic boss:

1. syndicate involvement portion.

2. obvious triggering issues.

3. This was the only event that could be finished without gold. (you need 1 gree) the boss health has gone crazy. i finished the last epic boss event using 9 cash hits on the level 100 boss. i am in the same tier as i was then, and this level 80 boss took 22 cash hits.

All in all i didn't find this event to be fun. I hope it goes back to the old style for the next round.

Jclew
03-02-2014, 01:07 PM
While i appreciate gree trying to do something new, i don't like them tampering with one of their best events. If you want to create something new, create something new, but don't hack up a great event. Reasons i prefer the old epic boss:

1. syndicate involvement portion.

2. obvious triggering issues.

3. This was the only event that could be finished without gold. (you need 1 gree) the boss health has gone crazy. i finished the last epic boss event using 9 cash hits on the level 100 boss. i am in the same tier as i was then, and this level 80 boss took 22 cash hits.

All in all i didn't find this event to be fun. I hope it goes back to the old style for the next round.

I have to agree with everything here.

RuckusX
03-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Bump because we need more votes so they dont pull this sh*t again to the one event thats not fuct

Jason_Bourne
03-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Raid bosses are next to impossible to complete considering scarce uzis and ridiculous high health of level 100.

LTQs need over 1 vault of gold to complete.

BUT.... Epic bosses used to be so easy to complete all you needed to do was be borderline active... almost everyone on my rivals list has the final prize of the last few epic bosses...

See anything wrong here??? Come on guys! While I dislike the facts that there is no syndicate goal this time and the bosses are a little too shy, I think whoever complains of the higher health of the bosses this time is a lazy-a$$ moron. What's the point of an event if everyone can finish with little effort???

I think it is only fair to have an event that needs a little bit of gold to complete and gain a slight advantage over free players. Epic boss has definitely moved into the right direction. I just hope Gree would change raid bosses and LTQs so that they are not such heavy on gold...

Captain Torgue
03-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Bump because we need more votes so they dont pull this sh*t again to the one event thats not fuct

Agreed, that's why I voted to keep it this way!

RuckusX
03-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Raid bosses are next to impossible to complete considering scarce uzis and ridiculous high health of level 100.

LTQs need over 1 vault of gold to complete.

BUT.... Epic bosses used to be so easy to complete all you needed to do was be borderline active... almost everyone on my rivals list has the final prize of the last few epic bosses...

See anything wrong here??? Come on guys! While I dislike the facts that there is no syndicate goal this time and the bosses are a little too shy, I think whoever complains of the higher health of the bosses this time is a lazy-a$$ moron. What's the point of an event if everyone can finish with little effort???

I think it is only fair to have an event that needs a little bit of gold to complete and gain a slight advantage over free players. Epic boss has definitely moved into the right direction. I just hope Gree would change raid bosses and LTQs so that they are not such heavy on gold...

I'm not against a slight increase in boss health from the prior Epic Boss, and the format COULD be interesting... But the lack of the Boss spawning and no syndicate goal is waaay off base. I believe if they don't change it back, this event will be doomed like the rest.

It's not hard to understand that pushing all events to require large amounts of gold will surely kill this game. I don't even know if it's salvageable anymore. Even dropping the price of gold or offering more discounts is not going to make free players start buying. Free players go, the game goes.

K-tamin
03-03-2014, 04:24 AM
Love the new format of 10 bosses with 10 levels each
Hate the crazy delay for boss summoning, and missing Syn goals.

Next time, please space out the Syn PvP and Syn EB event. We love the Syn EB event.

b-w
03-03-2014, 06:51 AM
I guess i'm going to have to run gree's company also. As if i have the time..

Fix the things that are broken. Concentrate all energy and resources on those parts of your product that your customers are complaining about..or lose customers. You should not be working on the future of your product before you get the current issues sorted. Rolling out some new changes to your paying customers without working out the bugs in beta first is ludicrous and arrogant. It makes me feel like you don't care about me or your product enough to even test it before you sell it to me. You also leave your employees out to dry by not informing them of said changes. So the result is A and F saying "there is no changes to the way they are summoned" when everyone but her knows that it is very different. This is a total communication breakdown. It's not her fault if you didn't tell her what's going on..Unreal. How can we have any confidence in what a mod says now?

Every bit of energy placed in changing the epic boss was wasted and misappropriated. You should have been working on fixing the real issues instead of tampering with the successful part of your product. Not so successful anymore.

It may be just me but if people are upset with my work then i can't sleep. I can't stop myself from trying to fix it. I don't care about weekends or holidays or how "normal humans" work..I care about a solution and eat, sleep, etc. takes a back seat. You will never make everyone happy and that frustrates me because i try to and i get upset when i lose 1 customer. I wish you cared about your product like i care for mine.

The quality of the total experience has become unacceptable. I'm sure i just wasted 5 minutes. Oh well..

dahat003
03-03-2014, 06:53 AM

You obviously have not been here long.

RuckusX
03-03-2014, 03:49 PM
A&F, Jerle, CJ: please acknowledge that the majority, a large majority, of players would like the Epic Boss returned to previous format. Thank you.

Danny Clear
03-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Lvl 130 23 mill attack and I have to spend gold on boss 80? Complete joke. Will not be passing boss 80. The prizes arent even worth my real money

OmgMileyCyrus
03-03-2014, 05:11 PM
I guess i'm going to have to run gree's company also. As if i have the time..

Fix the things that are broken. Concentrate all energy and resources on those parts of your product that your customers are complaining about..or lose customers. You should not be working on the future of your product before you get the current issues sorted. Rolling out some new changes to your paying customers without working out the bugs in beta first is ludicrous and arrogant. It makes me feel like you don't care about me or your product enough to even test it before you sell it to me. You also leave your employees out to dry by not informing them of said changes. So the result is A and F saying "there is no changes to the way they are summoned" when everyone but her knows that it is very different. This is a total communication breakdown. It's not her fault if you didn't tell her what's going on..Unreal. How can we have any confidence in what a mod says now?

Every bit of energy placed in changing the epic boss was wasted and misappropriated. You should have been working on fixing the real issues instead of tampering with the successful part of your product. Not so successful anymore.

It may be just me but if people are upset with my work then i can't sleep. I can't stop myself from trying to fix it. I don't care about weekends or holidays or how "normal humans" work..I care about a solution and eat, sleep, etc. takes a back seat. You will never make everyone happy and that frustrates me because i try to and i get upset when i lose 1 customer. I wish you cared about your product like i care for mine.

The quality of the total experience has become unacceptable. I'm sure i just wasted 5 minutes. Oh well..thats because you want to be successful both short and long term. Other companies on the other hand.....

Jclew
03-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Lvl 130 23 mill attack and I have to spend gold on boss 80? Complete joke. Will not be passing boss 80. The prizes arent even worth my real money

And, that would be why I gave up long before 80. My main is in the same bracket with not quite 5mill stats lol. Hell with it.

People that really spend the money for gold have stats that are 5x mine and up, and at 23mill attack I would think you would be able to just sail along.

I understand the fact that if everyone can do it for free why would you pay... But unless you spend 3,4,500 a month to keep up with these stat inflation numbers you can't even compete.

Set the boss XP to the top 20% stats for each tier and all of a sudden there is no event at all that I want to do.

OmgMileyCyrus
03-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Lvl 130 23 mill attack and I have to spend gold on boss 80? Complete joke. Will not be passing boss 80. The prizes arent even worth my real moneythink it's a glitch with over 300m health. But 81-85 1 hit and I'm weaker than you 139 21.2m

Molly's Voice
03-03-2014, 06:11 PM
A&F, Jerle, CJ: please acknowledge that the majority, a large majority, of players would like the Epic Boss returned to previous format. Thank you.

Broseph, the mods have no obligation to acknowledge your tears. Biggest reason being, the new format is an improvement over the previous. What's the point in getting a prize that EVERYONE else has as well? Now stop looking for your gubment handout and get back to playing the game at whatever level you can afford. Gotta pony up to hang with us big boys, son.

ploop
03-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Oh no, Not this guy!

Captain Torgue
03-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Broseph, the mods have no obligation to acknowledge your tears. Biggest reason being, the new format is an improvement over the previous. What's the point in getting a prize that EVERYONE else has as well? Now stop looking for your gubment handout and get back to playing the game at whatever level you can afford. Gotta pony up to hang with us big boys, son.

100% Agreed!

StampinFools
03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
It only cost me $30 bucks to finish the event. The 40% off sale was genius.

StampinFools
03-03-2014, 06:39 PM
The only way to do better in "candy crush" is to pay too too right? At least you get to hurt someone's feelings when you pound them in battle here. Lol. And like the guy said earlier. What's the point if everyone can get the same prize. I see everyone has the dang "60% protection all the time" armor suit.

Bandit_
03-03-2014, 06:40 PM

Welcome back and spot on reply

RuckusX
03-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Yes, because my post was full of anguish and loathing. You have set me straight now...

Molly's Voice
03-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Yes, because my post was full of anguish and loathing. You have set me straight now...

You're welcome.

Fredfreddy
03-04-2014, 12:18 PM
I agree with the health increase, disagree with the poor spawning rate, and am indifferent to the 1-10 tiering thing they did. So my vote is "all three."

LAM
03-06-2014, 01:09 PM
The new epic bosses are horrible in my opinion and same for all the other syn members. The damage amount and cost alone is not worth it. Especialy with a LTB going on that costs 100mil to start. A waste of time and effort.

chubbibee
03-06-2014, 02:17 PM
I dont like! It sucks they make boss health way too high for high level players, Im at lvl 156. when you fight each boss lvl 8 -10, and it sucks up your gold, using 20 gold mega attack is a big joke! It barely made a scratch when you at lvl 9 & 10 boss! Gree could at least make gold mega attack do more damage so you wont waste too much gold. when attacking boss has too much health making impossible to beat him, for us high level players! +1 energy bonus prize is a joke not worth the money! if it was +5 then it be worth the money to stock up on gold during sale! My syndicate member spent way too much $$ on gold even if its on sale, Just to get lousy prize!

wawoftam
03-06-2014, 02:27 PM
I voted change it back. I actually managed to complete it by the way so it's not sour g****s. Players over lvl 75 though stood very little chance and if over lvl 150 no chance without a heap of gold. My son is lvl 99 and only managed boss 30 with no hits up his sleeve. Expecting gold use for boss 40,50,59,60 etc is over the top in my opinion. I understand that all events don't have to be completed but the boss event at least gave most active players a chance at either finishing or getting a fair way through it.
The one aspect I did like is that they were harder to trigger without being impossible. This rewards active players not where like b4 you could trigger almost at will and complete a large chunk in the 1st day.

GucciMane
03-06-2014, 02:37 PM
I liked that not everyone could finish it. Actually brought the value back to considering the exp gain you are getting from LTQ/etc

Winnson
03-06-2014, 02:38 PM
I have learned that whenever there is a PvP event,something is going to suck.

If the next epic boss comes packaged with a PvP, it's an odds on bet it will suck even worse.

Master Stormzs
03-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Still fuming about not getting the constant boss trigger as in past bosses....first epic boss I didn't finish since I started...