PDA

View Full Version : attack again button STILL broke for android

evilbeef54
02-28-2014, 11:35 AM
is it just me or is the attack again button STILL broke for android, seriously it has been a month, how am i supposed to spend a ton of gold in the last few minutes of a battle if you dont let me quickly attack my target as much as possible

evilbeef54
02-28-2014, 11:39 AM
LOL, ok not just me 4 posts at the same time

tayyib
02-28-2014, 11:43 AM
GREE you are really taking a piss TBH.

BMWC
02-28-2014, 12:03 PM
Call them and express your concerns, 415-409-5200

Tardavic
02-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Hey guys, I have already mentioned this in another thread and wanted to bring it up here as well.

This bug was intended to be fixed before this WD, but there were unforeseen technical difficulties and this is being looked into at this time.

A work-a-round was mentioned last time, so I will bring that back up- instead of hitting the "attack again" button, you can close the screen and then select an opponent to attack.

We understand that this may be frustrating and apologize for this. Again, we will try and keep you posted on any further updates.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

VTX1800R
02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Hey guys, I have already mentioned this in another thread and wanted to bring it up here as well.

This bug was intended to be fixed before this WD, but there were unforeseen technical difficulties and this is being looked into at this time.

A work-a-round was mentioned last time, so I will bring that back up- instead of hitting the "attack again" button, you can close the screen and then select an opponent to attack.

We understand that this may be frustrating and apologize for this. Again, we will try and keep you posted on any further updates.

Will you provide some additional information besides a vague phrase of technical difficulties? It was working fine until the last war; so, please enlighten us what these technical issues are. It seems as if it is just bad coding.

It would also be nice to know that looking into it means dedicating resources to fixing it. Is there a commitment from Gree to fix this issue?

evilbeef54
02-28-2014, 12:42 PM
thanks for the quick response, it is always good to get a responst from an admin but... well, yeah, that isnt really a work around, just common sense, everyone figured out that we had to do that, really it just hurts gree more than anyone because android users can not make the big last 2 min push with a ton of gold to try to overtake the other team

Deathship
02-28-2014, 12:46 PM
thanks for the quick response, it is always good to get a responst from an admin but... well, yeah, that isnt really a work around, just common sense, everyone figured out that we had to do that, really it just hurts gree more than anyone because android users can not make the big last 2 min push with a ton of gold to try to overtake the other team
last war we lost several battles because of the same reason.

Gen G Fields
02-28-2014, 12:55 PM
is it just me or is the attack again button STILL broke for android, seriously it has been a month, how am i supposed to spend a ton of gold in the last few minutes of a battle if you dont let me quickly attack my target as much as possible
don't buy gold in next tof hit Gree where it hurts in their pockets until they get it right in value their customers

freeaccount
02-28-2014, 02:02 PM
this really suk

freeaccount
02-28-2014, 02:17 PM
I don't know how many post is required to start a new thread, but i can't start a new so i'm making this offer here.

I am giving away my account to anyone who wants it. current stats are:

lvl 201
A7232k
D9298k
iph 4649k
+6 energy regen/3640 energy
51 stamina
attack skill 54/defense skill 107
all map bosses preset

currently in top 400 faction, don't know what my unboosted stats are.

pm if interested

Tardavic
02-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Hey guys, it's me again just to let you know that I am not able to provide any additional information pertaining to the technical difficulties regarding this bug, other than that the issue was resolved in an Android build following the last World Domination event.

However, it appears to have been subsequently re-introduced to the game and this is what is being investigated at this time.

ricky94510
02-28-2014, 02:39 PM
hi,

I have the same disfonctionnement, and it since the last war, in Turkey. It is really painful all small bugs, not to mention big bug under ios and not under android...

I know what I am getting at lolll, is enough to look the top unites of a player, and you see direct if it is an android or ios

oakletixfan
02-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Hey guys, it's me again just to let you know that I am not able to provide any additional information pertaining to the technical difficulties regarding this bug, other than that the issue was resolved in an Android build following the last World Domination event.

However, it appears to have been subsequently re-introduced to the game and this is what is being investigated at this time.

[sarcasm] We will let you guys slide this time, its not like bugs and glitches happen often in this game. Have a great weekend buddy! [sarcasm]

buckshot
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM

Here's an idea, fire the guy responsible this time. He along with others, aren't doing the job they were hired to do correctly. You had three weeks to fix this and test it in beta before the war. I guess oops is the best answer we can expect from now on.....

h22apwrd94
02-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Sorry, I hate to say this, but this will be a very valid reason to receive a refund on gold if anybody wants to pursue it. A flaw in the game that directly benefits one platform over another. Tell me that is not a solid foundation for a refund.

h22apwrd94
02-28-2014, 04:14 PM
And there is your basis for a refund.

last war we lost several battles because of the same reason.

Cptcracka
02-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Gree to busy busy sucking cash out of our pockets and designing near impossible energy ltgs to fix the shi.t that matters. It's like watching monkeys try to **** a football

Tardavic
02-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Hey guys, have a quick issue regarding this matter.

This should be fixed soon and once the fix is 100%, you will need to download version 3.9.10 build (114).
Until this is fixed, continue to select an opponent to attack instead of hitting the attack again button.

Thanks for your patience.

evilbeef54
02-28-2014, 06:40 PM
ok, can we expect soon to mean within the war time?
thanks for the response, i guess not being able to spend gold as much gets quick results, LOL

Blade of 3
02-28-2014, 06:44 PM
If only android users could get a sort of compensation for the plethora of bugs and glitches... The good old days.

Tardavic
02-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Hey guys, this should now be fixed, so please try downloading the latest client version mentioned in the previous discussion.

Once downloaded and you still see the issue occurring, please do let us know!

evilbeef54
02-28-2014, 07:16 PM
i see no update in the play store or in game

BlackSheep
02-28-2014, 07:20 PM
I just updated the game and the attack button finally works! Now I can enjoy battling in the war again!

evilbeef54
02-28-2014, 07:23 PM
where did you find the update
not appearing in the play store on my GS4 or galaxy note 10.1

BlackSheep
02-28-2014, 07:28 PM
where did you find the update
not appearing in the play store on my GS4 or galaxy note 10.1

I'm using an Asus Transformer and it was in the play store for me! Try going in the settings and find the play store in the applications list and clearing the cache and then restarting it!

LAsAvis
02-28-2014, 07:59 PM
You could just fix things before events, thus avoid pissing off the masses. I understand that's far too much work though. Wouldn't want you to do more than you have to.

02-28-2014, 08:25 PM
There is no work around for this unless there is a 300 at the top

02-28-2014, 08:26 PM
No attack again and it scrolls you to the top every hit

02-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Thank you guys for fixing it

13 BRAVO
02-28-2014, 08:34 PM
This is creating an unfair advantage in the battle outcome. If an IOS player can hit three times to my one how is this fair? All android players should receive gold credit for the waste. I know the game has glitches and bugs but if your product "the game" is broken stop selling faulty product. At least fix it or break it for everyone so it is a level playing field. Why not postpone the event until it is fixed? GREED!

evilbeef54
02-28-2014, 10:01 PM
I can confirm it is fixed now... go into the play store click on MW, it should say update

AMAZING, 4 responses from an admin in 3 pages, AND a fix rolled out in 8 hours, this must be a new record, it is crazy how fast they can fix issues when we say that we cant spend gold fast enough

Stormchaser
02-28-2014, 10:11 PM
So this begs the next question, what 2 things are now broken now that this 1 thing has been fixed?

evilbeef54
02-28-2014, 10:32 PM
i think the android IP is now broke, every android player in my faction is now reporting MASSIVE decrease in points per hit

and we compare points per hit all the time, android is typically lower than iOS, which is really bad, but now it is WAY lower, like hitting someone for 80 points bad... might as well hit the command center, i can NOT get over 350 points, even beating someone 150 levels above me, i have tried every tier from my level to 150 levels above... mostly 200 points, 350 max

pb23
02-28-2014, 10:35 PM
i think the android IP is now broke, every android player in my faction is now reporting MASSIVE decrease in points per hit

and we compare points per hit all the time, android is typically lower than iOS, which is really bad, but now it is WAY lower, like hitting someone for 80 points bad... might as well hit the command center, i can NOT get over 350 points, even beating someone 150 levels above me, i have tried every tier from my level to 150 levels above... mostly 200 points, 350 max

Android here. Many 450's so far.

BlackSheep
03-01-2014, 05:20 AM
They fixed the attack button, but the lag I'm experiencing on it now is making it almost unplayable!! Had to be a trade off somewhere I guess! That teaches me to get excited about having an enjoyable experience on Android for a war!!

Dirty Mind
03-01-2014, 10:26 AM
I guess thats what you get for months of constant complaining. the matchups seem far worse to me, and now we have a 10-20 minute wait time on top of that. If I were Gree I would want to make things 10X worse for everyone just to send a message that maybe you should leave well enough alone. I guess eventually the war I declared will start and I'll get to try out the 'attack again' button for myself.

Gen CheeBye
03-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Both android device still working fine. The matchup times are a little screwed but points scoring still depends a lot on the level of your rival.

evilbeef54
03-01-2014, 11:11 PM
we havent waited longer than 5 min for a match up yet, but i have only hit a few tiny few number of rivals for more than 350 points, and i am hitting people from 50-150 ranks above me

Gen CheeBye
03-01-2014, 11:38 PM
we havent waited longer than 5 min for a match up yet, but i have only hit a few tiny few number of rivals for more than 350 points, and i am hitting people from 50-150 ranks above me

Noticed the big swing...one hit can register 400+ then the next falls below 300 points.

And I was the only one hitting that target, no one else.

Definitely something is off with the algorithm.

Jerle
03-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Points algorithm hasn't changed. We're talking about potentially doing that next war, but right now it's the same as it's been. There is a pretty big random factor though, which can make it harder to tell.

Gen CheeBye
03-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Points algorithm hasn't changed. We're talking about potentially doing that next war, but right now it's the same as it's been. There is a pretty big random factor though, which can make it harder to tell.

It's no longer consistent compared to past WDs. And that makes it harder when you're into points scoring.

Jerle
03-01-2014, 11:50 PM
It's no longer consistent compared to past WDs. And that makes it harder when you're into points scoring.

It's entirely possible some data changed - not aware of it, but possible. I'm just saying the general (X+Y) / Z type formula is still the same, even if someone may have bumped the values of those variables this go around.

StonerMW
03-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Personally I like the att again button not working in wars. We r not a streak team so it doesn't effect us at all.

menmylac
03-02-2014, 01:40 PM
You may want to switch to IOS.... Just a thought....

lightning strikes
03-02-2014, 11:05 PM
I have 2 androids. Samsung Galaxy. From 1 the attack again button works, did not last war, and the other still does not work. Funny.