PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming WD Matching Changes!

GEMH
02-25-2014, 01:49 PM
We are making a few modifications based on player feedback that we hope will improve future World Domination events and create a better experience for you all.

Faction matching: We are tweaking a few configurations with how factions are matched. We expect these changes will achieve 2 goals: to create better matches and increase variety of the matches. Before, there were a few particularities with the algorithm that would occasionally result in very strong factions being paired against very weak factions, as well as some factions battling the same rival faction over and over. We hope that our changes will create more fair fights as well as reduce the incidence of repeat matching.

While we can't reveal our "secret sauce" for matching factions, we can say that this new system will take into account average faction strength, the number of faction members, and the number of WD points your faction has earned, as well as a few other factors, and as always, some degree of randomness.

DavidtheBoo
02-25-2014, 01:59 PM
Wow this is exactly a copy of the ka thread about this, only guilds is replaced with factions.
But still thanks for listening to us , finally.

Thief
02-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Perhaps you can now limit the amount of times we see the same faction to no more than twice??

Systematrix
02-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Hopefully this will prevent our larger faction from coming across these small super mini streak teams. I'm not hating on them, it just gets old hitting only the Command Center. :/

Thank you for the information GEMH!

Belle_B
02-25-2014, 04:41 PM
This will be great news☺️☺️cannot wait for upcoming WD
Faith will be restored I love this game I'm about to give up and quit

Elite Enforcer
02-25-2014, 04:46 PM
Great news.

pb23
02-25-2014, 08:42 PM
Cool thanks

RedDevilSco
02-26-2014, 05:46 AM
Good to hear, just hope it works out!

Blackhawk/Case
02-26-2014, 06:55 AM
great news

Evil Mastermind
02-27-2014, 12:40 PM
So has this algorithm been thoroughly tested or are we going into a war weekend on blind faith that it will work as theoretically intended? Not trolling, valid question in my opinion based on previous algorithm tweaks.

GEMH
02-27-2014, 12:55 PM
The new changes have been tested, and are in fact live in Kingdom Age and Crime City. The responses to the changes in those games has been positive.

rwzsteve
02-27-2014, 01:51 PM
The secret ingredient is petroleum jelly. I hear banjos coming only a day away. Lol i'm getting kicked for this well worth it. Bend over here they come. Haha

rwzsteve
02-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Here you go

Evil Mastermind
02-27-2014, 02:22 PM
The new changes have been tested, and are in fact live in Kingdom Age and Crime City. The responses to the changes in those games has been positive.

Sounds good. Really appreciate the announcement prior to WD too. Good job! Thanks!

Speed ump
02-27-2014, 03:04 PM
If the streak teams get pushed up to fight factions with players more their own stats, then they will face full factions, with no hope of winning. The problem becomes who do you please? I'd say err on the side of the majority. Possibly mix it up where they get some some of both, which I believe they already do. There's no perfect so,union, and I'm sure every faction knows the perfect solution for just themselves.

Evil Mastermind
02-27-2014, 05:48 PM
If the streak teams get pushed up to fight factions with players more their own stats, then they will face full factions, with no hope of winning. The problem becomes who do you please? I'd say err on the side of the majority. Possibly mix it up where they get some some of both, which I believe they already do. There's no perfect so,union, and I'm sure every faction knows the perfect solution for just themselves.

IMO the streak teams should have to face players of similar strength. If this resolves that situation, then I think it's a positive change. As it stands now, most teams that face them have no hope of winning.

Alexius
02-27-2014, 06:05 PM
A WARNING TO ALL STREAK ORIENTED FACTIONS.

Gree will pair you by average strength and not gross strength. The wait times will be up to 20 minutes for you to battle. It will be very hard to get the streak when you wait that long to battle. Your best bet is to merge. If you are interested in merging and forming a large faction PM me and I can help you out. Current wd points plays a very small role. Expect to fight full guilds like SUP 1 if your stat average is close. They just tried this last war in KA and if you're lucky you will be able to fight for 56 wars after waiting so long for a match.

Oceanz
02-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Hopefully my one-man faction with my 200k stat player doesn't get matched up with SUP1 4 times like last war :mad:

Sinisterclick
02-28-2014, 08:38 AM
Streak teams not the only ones effected by average weighting... Imagine you are a faction of 20 with 2m each on stats before you might face a team of 40 with 1m stats now you might face a team of 56 each with 2m stats... Nearly three times the number of players. This team of 20 is not a streak faction, just a bunch of honest Joes wanting a bit of fun, no longer fun IMO...

Glad is doesn't affect me nowadays... Robo

Reutdog
02-28-2014, 11:44 AM
I would like to take this time to thank gree for the new matchup system that makes total sense. We are a 14 man team that just matched a 52 man team from the top 10. Amazing job gree. Simply fantastic.

Demo
02-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Yep, what the guy above me said.... Gotta love GreeD math.

Sinisterclick
02-28-2014, 11:52 AM

When did gree do something to please the majority, this decision was purely money based, watch gold spend double in Finland ;-)

Merc_mw
02-28-2014, 12:30 PM
I would like to take this time to thank gree for the new matchup system that makes total sense. We are a 14 man team that just matched a 52 man team from the top 10. Amazing job gree. Simply fantastic.

If you with 40m attack are representative of the other 13 players, then it think GREE got it about right. Goodbye streakers

Elite Enforcer
02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Bravo Gree Bravo.

Sinisterclick
02-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Bravo Gree Bravo.

2 wars in, lol... Like to see how you find things after 24 ;-)

Kimm
02-28-2014, 04:56 PM
We have matched one man teams where he couldnt touch either of us, and we had teams twice our numbers and much stronger. Not one normal match up so far. And matchup times are ridiculous. Longer then 10-15 minutes every time.

* edit. Instead of making it better, matching only got worse imo

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
02-28-2014, 07:12 PM
The last two wars we scouted about 20 players on a 40+ team roster and the majority had stats about 10-60 million higher stats than our team. Teams are Top 30 we matched against and we are Top 300. This is not better.

Arcticwolf
03-01-2014, 04:14 AM
well I am sorry to say it seem you completely upset a lot of faction on your changes. it is getting to a point where we will have to make a hard decision. to drop modern war, it seem like Gree are only there to make money anyway. forgetting there are player out there. stop your changes and start giving the player something back for there money. Stop being Greedy

joshuab25
03-01-2014, 07:24 AM
i am in a faction of 27 guys we made it to 8/8 in streaks the last war.We range from 11 million to 30 million in defensive stats currently we have 3 wins and 11 loses!!!!!!

Elite Enforcer
03-01-2014, 08:37 AM
i am in a faction of 27 guys we made it to 8/8 in streaks the last war.We range from 11 million to 30 million in defensive stats currently we have 3 wins and 11 loses!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that. Buy some guild bonuses like the rest of us and you will have a better chance. No more easy matching.

Elite Enforcer
03-01-2014, 08:38 AM
2 wars in, lol... Like to see how you find things after 24 ;-)

No problem so far.

IceCold
03-01-2014, 09:11 AM
These so called changes are stupid we are continually pitched against factions far stronger than us.
When we have actually managed to beat anyone we have to throw gold at it like its going out of fashion.
I am convinced that Gree are simply altering how the game works with a view how to get more money out of us suckers!
It has nothing to do with making the game fairer in my opinion.
They have totally skewed the game the changes dont work, however they wont admit that.
No more money from me Gree, you wont be happy until you drive us all away.

Arcticwolf
03-01-2014, 10:43 AM
After watching Gree for over a good year, I can only see one change, Gree make it so hard you have to buy gold to complete all missions, and give a low prize which is not even worth the gold you spent to finish off the mission in the first place. Then when people do start to get to grips with the game Gree change it so it is even harder to complete.
I think well all should just give up on Gree and spend our money on other good game out there, that will give us a better exchange rate of gold/ credit.

Gree have got to a stage now where, the people only matter when they give Gree real money.

As I said when I reviewed the game, their is only one winner Faction Gree. All Gree are doing is pure Greed.
They will drop you little teasers every day, but look at them they mean nothing and the rubbish you get through the mission are the same.
As long as they can keep you thinking you may get something good you will end up the loser.
just do not buy Gold and even drop the game your feel much better straight away, and have more money for yourself.

rs1086
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Listen to all of the losers who are complaining... these changes are much better and have made the game so much more fun!!!! Here's an idea, if you have 30 minion attack you should be in a 50+ man faction where you belong instead of a small group of beasts fighting against people 1/10th of your stats.... stop b***ing. The only way you got to 30 million in the first place is by spending gold. If you don't want to spend gold then don't, but don't complain about getting the full wins and streaks bonuses without it.... the whining is really annoying now. No more cheating the system idiots (same people who were abusing the heck out of the iOS energy glitch I imagine)

Sinisterclick
03-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Listen to all of the losers who are complaining... these changes are much better and have made the game so much more fun!!!! Here's an idea, if you have 30 minion attack you should be in a 50+ man faction where you belong instead of a small group of beasts fighting against people 1/10th of your stats.... stop b***ing. The only way you got to 30 million in the first place is by spending gold. If you don't want to spend gold then don't, but don't complain about getting the full wins and streaks bonuses without it.... the whining is really annoying now. No more cheating the system idiots (same people who were abusing the heck out of the iOS energy glitch I imagine)

What evidence do you have that the complainers are streak factions ?? I know of several that are plowing along as normal unaffected by this change... Lol

rs1086
03-01-2014, 12:31 PM
What evidence do you have that the complainers are streak factions ?? I know of several that are plowing along as normal unaffected by this change... Lol

Touche salesmen, lol I guess comments like this are what I'm referring to

" joshuab25

i am in a faction of 27 guys we made it to 8/8 in streaks the last war.We range from 11 million to 30 million in defensive stats currently we have 3 wins and 11 loses!!!!!!"

Sinisterclick
03-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Touche salesmen, lol I guess comments like this are what I'm referring to

" joshuab25

i am in a faction of 27 guys we made it to 8/8 in streaks the last war.We range from 11 million to 30 million in defensive stats currently we have 3 wins and 11 loses!!!!!!"

Wouldn't class that as a streak faction, mid to strong rankers that get streaks, next war these guys will get 15 or so true streakers joining them and the tier groups change. All the streakers will merge back to strong factions... The streakers have been preparing...

Biker
03-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Last war everytime we ran into a streak win prize we got nailed with a tough team, no problem as a little strategy and gold helped us prevail. This war with the new match ups we have met two teams that our team was capable of hitting, our team ranges from 8mill Att to 22 mill Att and are being matched with 25mill def and stronger. Was even matched up with a 86mill dl from a 3 team faction. Hmm, these changes were to make it more fair, all it did was drive half the team to give up and the other half to stop using gold for the duration of this war. How many times can you hit a cc before saying f it. I really would like to see how these changes were actually tested as in no way I see anything fair about this, we have also been matched up with the same team 3 times already. It's a big joke now and not even fun, used to enjoy getting the red bull and coffee all ready for a night of no sleep and friendly banter amongst fellow faction mates ( the only thing keeping half the players still playing MW) and now most are pissed off and not showing up. We are all for a fair fight that requires a little strategy to win a match but when the only chance you have is each faction member needs to drop a vault of gold on the cc to maybe squeak out a win then I thank you Gree as you have finally ruined the last element of this game that is keeping most players in MW.

Commander exx
03-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Won't be playing it any long! Earlier we required light gold to complte the missions, but now they require very huge quantity of gold! Be it the deadly ltq, or the raid boss event or this war event! If I m required to spend light gold to have some fun, thats all right! But spending heavy gold on wat we call some 'pixels' is a mad guy's business! I m leaving the game and definetly encourage my freinds to do so....... Also I will be ranking it the worst game, wherever I can! Com'on guys! Dont u value ur money! Use it to give gifts to ur frends nd relatives or simply donate it for some social works! I m so fed up that I would rather burn my money, but wont be giving any penny to gree(d)! Thanks gree for all the tensions you gave me- tension to complete the missions, tension to get good rank in wd event, tension to stay competitive! Now, moving on to a tension free world! Aren't u coming guys?

joshuab25
03-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear that. Buy some guild bonuses like the rest of us and you will have a better chance. No more easy matching.

my faction is the size we want it to be,we all use gold we are now 6-16 its hard to play when only 5 of your guys can hit the other team because they are that much stronger than you,we still have not won 2 in a row 48 hours into the event!!the new match up formula SUCKS!!!!

Hupernikomen
03-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Faction of 58 and we have noticed more equitable match ups. We are barely above 50% wins but have avoided the small stacked streaker factions this time. We will see what the 2nd half brings us.

Ballz Deep
03-01-2014, 10:11 PM
These matchups are horrible,we have faced the same faction 3 times already, now we are seeing factions with stats 15million over my highest player and no amount of gold can win that matchup ,Modern War was fun up to now , but not since the change,I usually buy a vault on Sunday's but I don't see the point if the matchups are going to be this bad,!!!!! Running into super streaker factions was better then this crap!!!!! I think you need to rethink the matchups again or mabye just hire a monkey to pull faction names out of a hat!!!!!!! Cause this SUCKS!!!!!!

Jerle
03-01-2014, 11:34 PM
If your guild isn't happy with the matchups, if you send a ticket to our support team (ONE ticket, not one for every person in the guild) we can examine more closely. Please note I make no guarantees that will result in changes, but we're very interested in making sure the matching is the best possible experience for everyone.

Average match speed across the entire game is 2 minutes and 20 seconds right now, and it's still only around 6ish minutes even at the very top end. There are some outliers though - extremely tiny guilds or other unusual shapes and sizes of guild take longer to find appropriate opponents for.

There will be some slow matches and bad matches. That happened with the old system and will continue to happen - with such a varied pool of guilds in all shapes and sizes sometimes there just isn't an appropriate match available. We have to make tradeoffs between matching speed and match quality - and limiting repeat matches to happen less frequently also narrows the pool down.

Grand Overlord
03-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Matchups have been much better for us.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
03-02-2014, 10:32 AM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/33/jmub.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/0xjmubj)

I do not see where Player Level will no longer be a Factor. Low level players still score more points attacking high level players. We adjusted our tactics based on what you all said and the scoring system is still the same.

Have these changes been axed or still in the works?

Jerle
03-02-2014, 11:14 AM
You should ignore that post. Several things mentioned in there are still in progress, that was posted way too early. Matching changes are in this war, but no points changes are currently in effect.

Kimm
03-02-2014, 11:44 AM
If your guild isn't happy with the matchups, if you send a ticket to our support team (ONE ticket, not one for every person in the guild) we can examine more closely. Please note I make no guarantees that will result in changes, but we're very interested in making sure the matching is the best possible experience for everyone.

Average match speed across the entire game is 2 minutes and 20 seconds right now, and it's still only around 6ish minutes even at the very top end. There are some outliers though - extremely tiny guilds or other unusual shapes and sizes of guild take longer to find appropriate opponents for.

There will be some slow matches and bad matches. That happened with the old system and will continue to happen - with such a varied pool of guilds in all shapes and sizes sometimes there just isn't an appropriate match available. We have to make tradeoffs between matching speed and match quality - and limiting repeat matches to happen less frequently also narrows the pool down.

Max 6 minutes?? Ha! It takes us 15-20 minutes to even get a match. Even with a perfect score and declaring back to back we aren't able to have 56 battles. You have set a goal that because of your programming is unachievable. Thank you for ruining wd.

*edit 15-20 minutes every! Battle.

CTRC(SW) UMBRA
03-02-2014, 11:53 AM
You should ignore that post. Several things mentioned in there are still in progress, that was posted way too early. No points changes are currently in effect.

Thanks Jerle,
I just submitted a ticket about a matchup as requested. We have a team size of 44 and matched against a team of 14. We scouted the entire team of 14. What is makes this an unfair matchup is their team only has ONE player that two of our team can attack. The majority of their team has 2 to 5 times greater in stats than every member on our team, except two, which are close to their lowest stat player on their team.

StonerMW
03-02-2014, 12:55 PM
We had a lot of matchup problems last war with hitting strong 2 member streak teams but in this war we have not seen a single one. And have had a lot of close battles which has made it more exciting.

Sinisterclick
03-02-2014, 01:22 PM
We had a lot of matchup problems last war with hitting strong 2 member streak teams but in this war we have not seen a single one. And have had a lot of close battles which has made it more exciting.

Can l ask, are you spending more gold as a result ?

Jaebee
03-02-2014, 01:22 PM
If nothing else, I gotta say "wow" GREE engineers working on the weekend, that's new. Hope they are getting time and half for working so diligently during these odd hours! ;-)

iMoe
03-03-2014, 06:24 AM
i hope this will lead to more enjoying...

joshuab25
03-03-2014, 07:24 AM
If nothing else, I gotta say "wow" GREE engineers working on the weekend, that's new. Hope they are getting time and half for working so diligently during these odd hours! ;-)

they cant be working that much,as of this morning we have been matched up against you 3 times only 2 of us can hit anyone!!!

JPetermon
03-03-2014, 10:56 AM
If this has gone into effect, it is an utter failure. We are a fringe top 25 team and have faced the top 5/10 multiple times ensuring we won't get a top 25 finish.

Web323
03-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Mostly top 1-25 all weekend with a few lower ones.

ardiamonds
03-03-2014, 03:11 PM
we still had numerous repeat teams this war, did not mind since we had intel on them, but some matches were so lopsided, some in our favor, but most were not, so maybe more needs to be done.