PDA

View Full Version : Buttons Buttons Buttons!!!!

ChangeMW
02-25-2014, 03:47 AM
Come on Gree! Why do you place buttons where you know there is a very good chance that people will hit the button behind it unintentionally because of lag? Example: I tap on the "Fight" button for Raid Boss and nothing seems to happen. I tap it again, thinking the system did not register my first tap, only to find out that there was some lag, so now I have also made a "Force Attack" because that button is directly behind the "Fight" button, even though I wanted to spread things out a bit across different bosses.

We are not morons. This is so obviously deliberate. It encourages more resets and therefore more gold - thus more money for you. The game is full of examples like that and inadvertent gold purchases are the worst examples. Yet you tell us you cannot do anything about it. What nonsense! You make how many millions every WD weekend and you can't make a simple design change? Again, we are not morons.

It is our choice whether to spend money on this game or not, but where we do spend, we don't expect to be ripped off by such a lame and obvious ploy. People are more likely to spend on a product that doesn't try to screw them over all the time, you know.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-25-2014, 03:50 AM
You would only do that once wouldn't you. Then wait a bit longer for the lag.

Maverick0073
02-25-2014, 04:16 AM
Gree programmer would not know how to move a button , they can't even get an event out without screwing it up, just imagine what they would screw up if they tried to move a button..

2MblaZ
02-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Gree programmer would not know how to move a button , they can't even get an event out without screwing it up, just imagine what they would screw up if they tried to move a button..

Or implement one impossible thing - GOLD PURCHASE CONFIRM step - sorry, i know i shouldn't even talk about impossible... -_-

I C STUFF
02-25-2014, 11:53 AM
That's the whole point... GREE employ unscrupulous tactics to increase revenue and their goal is addictiveness so that you continue to spend to maximise the money they earn, even to the point of designing buttons in places where accidental expenditure can easily occur. I'm sure they also employ A/B split testing to maximise their profit. They are of the same ilk as Zynga. However, their short-sightedness will damage their long-term prospects but then again, maybe longevity is not in their business plan.So many possibilities, so many conclusions one can draw.It's sooooo confusing, ain't it, Dutchie?

KarenWill
02-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Happened to me several times and it's sooooooo annoying .-.

& The Horse U Rode In On
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
You mean like the 'ok' button of a 'complete the blah blah blah and earn the blah blah blah unit' splash screen being right on top of the crate or limited edition unit 'buy' button that has no confirmation failsafe? press 'ok' and nothing happens...press it again and congratulations! You have bought a b.s. pixel

CJ54
02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Come on Gree! Why do you place buttons where you know there is a very good chance that people will hit the button behind it unintentionally because of lag? Example: I tap on the "Fight" button for Raid Boss and nothing seems to happen. I tap it again, thinking the system did not register my first tap, only to find out that there was some lag, so now I have also made a "Force Attack" because that button is directly behind the "Fight" button, even though I wanted to spread things out a bit across different bosses.

We are not morons. This is so obviously deliberate. It encourages more resets and therefore more gold - thus more money for you. The game is full of examples like that and inadvertent gold purchases are the worst examples. Yet you tell us you cannot do anything about it. What nonsense! You make how many millions every WD weekend and you can't make a simple design change? Again, we are not morons.

It is our choice whether to spend money on this game or not, but where we do spend, we don't expect to be ripped off by such a lame and obvious ploy. People are more likely to spend on a product that doesn't try to screw them over all the time, you know.

No. The UI design is for convenience, not for anything else, which is why we've been adding confirm buttons to everything that isn't commonly spammed. Also, we're not responsible for bad internet lag (we have many magic powers, that is not one of them).

trickyTim
02-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Also, we're not responsible for bad internet lag

Internet is not the problem. I have played on a 60mbps wireless and a 5mbps wireless, your device will still lag no matter what. The older devices just aren't optimized for modern war, or vice versa.

It's the fact that I use my iPod (2 yrs old) and it takes 5 seconds to go from the fight screen to the battle screen. And on my iPhone it takes fraction of a second on the same wifi.

Yes, I have hit the force attack button because of this lag issue. You can either add a spinner gif to tell us the game actually responds to our taps, or you can do some memory optimization.

Edit: spinner gif wouldn't work with an unresponsive game

CJ54
02-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Internet is not the problem. I have played on a 60mbps wireless and a 5mbps wireless, your device will still lag no matter what. The older devices just aren't optimized for modern war, or vice versa.

It's the fact that I use my iPod (2 yrs old) and it takes 5 seconds to go from the fight screen to the battle screen. And on my iPhone it takes fraction of a second on the same wifi.

Yes, I have hit the force attack button because of this lag issue. You can either add a spinner gif to tell us the game actually responds to our taps, or you can do some memory optimization.

Edit: spinner gif wouldn't work with an unresponsive game

5th gen iPod?

EDIT: The raid boss is the most memory-intensive thing in the game, at the moment.

Cow
02-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Same on I phone 4 vs 5. Very noticeable difference in WD event, LTQ hits, etc.

1GaDawg85
02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
there is a noticeable difference between devices....even the same device on the same wireless running the same apps

Aero
02-25-2014, 09:21 PM
No. The UI design is for convenience, not for anything else, which is why we've been adding confirm buttons to everything that isn't commonly spammed. Also, we're not responsible for bad internet lag (we have many magic powers, that is not one of them).

The game has some nice options, like "one-click jobs". That allows people to choose between having to tap twice or only once to do a job/mission.

I really wish y'all would add a similar option, but call it "gold confirmation". Turning it on would prompt the player to confirm that they want to spend gold. Turning it off would cause the game to work just as it does now.

You could also make a "disable pop-ups" option. When turned on, it would prevent the multitude of screens announcing a week-old event or trying to get people to spend gold on crates that they don't want.

I spent at least 20 gold the other day and I have no clue what I spent it on. I have probably spent more gold on accidental taps than intentional purchases. By accidental, I mean I mean to tap a small area that is designed to be too close to a big area for spending gold. This is why I refuse to spend $0.01 on this game. It is bad enough losing gold I earn for watching videos. But I refuse to waste gold that actually costs me money.

I play another game, Star Wars Force Collection. That game has a confirmation step built in to every crystal (that game's gold equivalent) spending action. I have yet to make an accidental purchase in that game. So guess what, I've actually spent money on that game and I don't feel bad about it. If you can't figure out how to program that feature into Modern War, I'm sure Konami wouldn't mind showing you how to do it.

TheWizard2100
02-26-2014, 01:08 AM

Hahahaha,

Nice reply :cool:
One day i would like to hear about the magic powers you do have CJ54 :D

But hey as far as i know GREE has made confirm buttons everywhere when there is gold involved.
I have been one of those that played during war weekend and accidentaly hit the complete building button and poof half my vault or worse gone.
But that has all changed.
We all seem to forget that MW is a game for mobile devices, but since we wanted more action the Raid Boss is the best example of that. It's an intense game part that uses your device to its limits.

Easiest thing to do is just wait a few seconds. If the bosses die that fast than just bring up higher lvl bosses.

I personaly think the Raid Boss event is one of the most fun events atm..

p.s. GREE thanks for giving us a better droprate for folders. Now those that are active and do the other events get rewarded for that. Very much apprieciated. ;)

Hooligany
02-26-2014, 01:23 AM
N y is the splash screen for LE units there? And without a confirmation button if u unintentionally purchased a unit?
Yes no refund cause there may be people trying to get good units from a set. How about when I don't buy a whole set?
Either refund or remove that sickening screen.
Bull****!

I am a cow!
02-26-2014, 01:26 AM
I don't mind I fa the boss in the first place half the time

iamnasty
02-26-2014, 01:41 AM

Can never make everyone happy and as usual, GREE to be blamed !!!....moo :D

ChangeMW
02-26-2014, 02:45 AM

Designed for whose convenience, CJ? I'd have to say for Gree's convenience, because the way it has been designed increases the possibility of unintended player action - unless you think that's what we want?

And don't brush it all under the carpet of internet lag. We all know there can be lag. I'm not complaining about the lag as such or saying that is Gree's problem to fix. What I am saying is, you are very obviously aware of the lag, you are aware your button placement coupled with internet lag causes unintended user action, and you choose to do... nothing. Why? Because Gree wins in the end, "Sorry customers, that's for your own convenience."

2MblaZ
02-26-2014, 08:40 AM
5th gen iPod?

EDIT: The raid boss is the most memory-intensive thing in the game, at the moment.

Hence the necessity to implement ANY gold purchase [other than during WD or boss health refill] confirm step to vent off some seriously pisst customers, don't you agree?... Especially those annoying ltd edition ones that regardless of devices used sometimes pop-up AFTER you started gathering bldgs money - i'm on iPad4 and still happened several times with usual tickets response: "Sorry, we do not refund gold purchases..."

Bone Daddy
02-26-2014, 10:11 AM
this reminds me of Allen Iverson's Rant:

"were talking about Practice", are we really *****in about buttons.