PDA

View Full Version : Are you OK with weekend events run without any support?

andy2
02-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Basically the last handful of events run on weekends there have been some big glitches affecting play. The players obviously discover them quickly at the start of the weekend but have had to wait until the work week starts again to get responses from Gree to even acknowledge the issues, lot less make a fix. This has been confirmed by mods here a few times that the fix took so long 'because it was the weekend'. The glitches often come at crucial decision making times for players who have to decide if they should continue spending on an event and assume the right fix will be made or stop. My question to you is assuming that no support staff at Gree work over weekends (or at least the ones required to patch event glitches and moderate forums), and that they will not begin to work over the weekends... Would you prefer to keep having events run on the weekends where people generally have the most free time, or would you prefer to have events run only during times when a full support staff is available. (I'm not saying either of these is actually possible, just curious as to the mindset of the community.)

JCL
02-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Yes, because sometimes the bug works out in our favor. Yes, not always, or even normally....however, I'll take that 1 in 5 that are exploitable.

sstuutss
02-24-2014, 04:24 PM
I dont see that it makes a lot of difference. There is little enough support during the week.........unless of course it is costing them gold, then they seem to get people out of bed.

Ajk
02-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Better yet, the poll should ask if you should continue to support something that obviously doesn't support you.

Now that's a question for you all.

Dirty Mind
02-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Do we have a choice?

andy2
02-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Yes, because sometimes the bug works out in our favor. Yes, not always, or even normally....however, I'll take that 1 in 5 that are exploitable.

I personally think that is a very weak excuse and an example of the 'gamblers addiction' this game brings out in people.

I dont see that it makes a lot of difference. There is little enough support during the week.........unless of course it is costing them gold, then they seem to get people out of bed.

True, the normal support is not good, but it's better than no support. Take just the most recent example of the botched reward for 22/22 raid boss goal. It was discovered on Saturday, silence Saturday, silence Sunday, acknowledgement and fix Monday. Just imagine if the epic boss fiasco happened on a Monday instead of Friday night. The entire thing could have been acknowledged and patched 3 full days in advance on day 1 of the event leveling the playing field for everyone as intended.

Better yet, the poll should ask if you should continue to support something that obviously doesn't support you.

Now that's a question for you all.

True, but there are enough comments out there of that nature, this is meant to be a little bit different than the 'are you fed up with free not seeming to care' discussions.

Do we have a choice?
I highly doubt it, but you never know. At the very least it's good to see the community's opinion.

I C STUFF
02-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Gree's games, Gree's rules.
Whatever Gree does is none of my business.
But, I'm a lurker, no longer a player.

iamnasty
02-24-2014, 07:05 PM
Basically the last handful of events run on weekends there have been some big glitches affecting play. The players obviously discover them quickly at the start of the weekend but have had to wait until the work week starts again to get responses from Gree to even acknowledge the issues, lot less make a fix. This has been confirmed by mods here a few times that the fix took so long 'because it was the weekend'. The glitches often come at crucial decision making times for players who have to decide if they should continue spending on an event and assume the right fix will be made or stop. My question to you is assuming that no support staff at Gree work over weekends (or at least the ones required to patch event glitches and moderate forums), and that they will not begin to work over the weekends... Would you prefer to keep having events run on the weekends where people generally have the most free time, or would you prefer to have events run only during times when a full support staff is available. (I'm not saying either of these is actually possible, just curious as to the mindset of the community.)

going to look for Andy1 for his good old wise advice......moo :D

andy2
02-25-2014, 05:28 PM
i knew it would be lopsided but lets see if it stays to this extent