PDA

View Full Version : Time to raise the bar - increase level limit to 300 plus

Shazam
02-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Having improved the war experience for most with the new matching algorithm it just remains to change the last big bug bear and increase the maximum level far above 200.

Totalwar
02-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes please but never going to happen asked so many times Gree never takes any notice.

Shazam
02-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Come on Forum members vote yes and let GREE see how much support is out there for this. They seem to be paying attention to us here recently.

Just4fun
02-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Crime city and MW has been raised! Please raise the darn levels!

The red Baron
02-24-2014, 04:04 PM
A higher level without fixing the stupid cp malus for high lv in war and the attack malus in boss events will things make even worse.

E-I
02-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Agreed with Red Baron. What's the point of raising the level if CP still sucks. Make it so that XP is not a penalty.

KenjoMegi1
02-24-2014, 09:12 PM
xp wouldn't be such a penalty if there weren't so many minis. If the game could be played how its designed where people play through the quests and events instead of just camping xp wouldn't be such a bad thing.
I myself have been scared to gain any xp but if I don't play the game why have it? I agree that raid bosses get rough as you gain levels but maybe if the cap were higher it could be smoothed out more.
I agree with the raise in levels.
-Kenjo Megi
-Scions of Abaddon-

Rocco69
02-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Really need to bump the limit if nothing else to recognize those long term loyal players trying to stay with this.

Krayt
02-24-2014, 09:48 PM
I would like to see CP fixed and max level raised

PedroPimples
02-24-2014, 11:13 PM
The main reason max level won't be raised is there just isn't enough players. Every new player stays as low as possible as long as possible, and the player base is shrinking.
Mw and cc have a lot lore active accounts playing so can have more levels, cause they have enoug players to fill them.

England Jon
02-25-2014, 12:55 AM
Forgive me, but could someone explain why increasing the Level 200 cap would make things better.

Shazam
02-25-2014, 12:24 PM
Forgive me, but could someone explain why increasing the Level 200 cap would make things better.

It would increase the range of higher targets in war and should therefore improve the cp for higher levels. A level 180 currently gets rubbish cp hitting a 200 compared to say a level 150 hitting a 200. It also reduces the benefits of minis again improving the game. More folk would level up rather than start a mini if they had targets over level 200 that gave them good cp in war.

Shluggy
02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
IMO either raise it or make it possible to start over in some way. I've been playing this game from almost the start and sure as a lot of high level players, my stats are not as good as some lower levels who have played for a lot less time. So what to do?
Start a mini on a different device? With the level of participation in quests needed to stay competitive, it's hard to keep up with one account properly, never mind 2+. Also, how many devices can someone use or keep buying. You can transfer an old account to a friends device I guess and forget about it, start again but firstly it's against the T's & C's apparently to do this (I've read on here about people being banned for it!) and secondly it's not easy to transfer your game to another device anyway.
Most games have an end, level 200 is the end of KA. Unless you buy yet another device, your stuck and may as well retire. It's not as if you actually 'win' the game by reaching level 200 either. It sounds like its a bit of an anti climax from what I hear.
I used to play Call of Duty, there when you reach the top you can pay to reset your stats etc keeping some stuff as a reward for getting that far. Maybe Gree could look into doing something like that??? Reset your level, stats, units but keep all your buildings etc and maybe your skill points. I dunno, haven't thought it through properly, just typing my thoughts
:-)
Btw I voted for upping the level 200 cap, I'm not level 200 myself, I do have a mini (just 1) and I'm not going to be trying any transferring anytime soon lol.

garen argon
02-25-2014, 04:41 PM
many times the community has asked and every time the request has been rejected from the devs. now with so many hlp's retiring; there will be even less chance of levels being raised.

two things to consider; the meteoric rise in llp's once guild quests and boost units were released. many of those have been piggyback to player's mains (read hlp) some were lucky enough to get an elite weapon and are able to complete quests; anyone notice that despite all the requests for a new weapon none have been forthcoming....not coincidence.

Shadows
02-25-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm glad that Gree isn't offering up any more elite weapons; one of the few benefits to being a HLP is being around and competing when LTQs offered great weapons back then, and with all the benefits that LLPs are getting that we HLPs didn't when we started this game, we need to hold on to some kind of win!

Ryosaeba
02-26-2014, 04:58 AM
It would increase the range of higher targets in war and should therefore improve the cp for higher levels. A level 180 currently gets rubbish cp hitting a 200 compared to say a level 150 hitting a 200. It also reduces the benefits of minis again improving the game. More folk would level up rather than start a mini if they had targets over level 200 that gave them good cp in war.

You're talking as if people will instantly level up their players. There is currently zero benefit to leveling higher then 100 (because of the max allies). People that are L200 knows every level they gain is lower CP gained so why would they want to gain levels? Yes, a few may gain a level here or there by doing quests but I doubt many will. Everyone will just be waiting for everyone else to level up, and then the whole thing becomes moot.

'Fixing' one thing only will simply create an imbalance somewhere else. They need to re-write the whole damn game IMO.

Seeds
02-26-2014, 05:24 AM
You're talking as if people will instantly level up their players. There is currently zero benefit to leveling higher then 100 (because of the max allies). People that are L200 knows every level they gain is lower CP gained so why would they want to gain levels? Yes, a few may gain a level here or there by doing quests but I doubt many will. Everyone will just be waiting for everyone else to level up, and then the whole thing becomes moot.

'Fixing' one thing only will simply create an imbalance somewhere else. They need to re-write the whole damn game IMO.

Easily solved. Get Gree to give out a big unit with a health regen bonus for reaching say, L250. This GENERALLY encourages most people to want to level up. The lower CP gain is then somewhat offsetted by the quicker regen time, allowing more attacks to be made.

Shazam
02-26-2014, 07:57 AM

Nope. Experience has continued to be gained by level 200s it just doesn't do anything. Raising cap would see some existing level 200s instantly become level 220 or more in some cases I would guess. Game works properly again then!!

Zenobia
02-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Most games have an end, level 200 is the end of KA. Unless you buy yet another device, your stuck and may as well retire. It's not as if you actually 'win' the game by reaching level 200 either.

This.

At one point during my final war, I saw that I had the same exact number of wins on my level 200 player as a level 100 player on my team did. My account over 2 years has racked up an attack of 69 million. My level 100 guildmate has an attack around 20 million (which is a guess, since Gree can't seem to get the stats of our guildmates to show correctly now despite actually having done it correctly in the past, but I digress). Yet:
1) My level 100 guildmate was not lacking for targets as is proven by their having had as many wins as I did. So my years and levels did me no good where that is concerned. But more importantly,
2) She had 78% more CP than I.

What do you get for working your way up the ladder to the top level in KA? You get punished. This is a problem that a huge number of us have been bringing up for a year. And Gree has done absolutely nothing at all to correct it. Instead of empowering high level players, making people want to level because they are rewarded for all the time, effort and money, Gree decided that they will continue to punish players for leveling and, to add insult to injury, aggressively work to try to kill the mini. Instead of letting HLPs get CP and be happy about progressing in the game, they force LLPs to progress faster, to become HLPs against their will if they want to complete anything at all in the game, and then continue to render HLPs nearly worthless.

THIS is the #1 reason I quit the game. After playing it for nearly 2 years, investing a TON of time, effort and, yes, money, into my character, then second character for 6 months, I could not take the insult any more. It hurt more than anyone who has not been a Guild Founder for 5 months or more to know to walk away. But since Gree steadfastly refused to stop punishing leveling, and actively worked to ruin everything we created to work around that (and the games other problems) in order to make the game fun, I could not in good conscience continue to feed the Greedy beast. It is insulting the way they treat long-time players. A level 100 with equal number of wins gets 78% more CP than I. That just says it all right there.

They say they won't raise the level cap because there are too many LLPs as compared to HLPs. But they refuse to cease punishing people for leveling. I have tried for the 15 months I've been on this forum to show them how to make the game more enjoyable. I finally realized the only thing enjoyable about it now is leaving it.

E-I
02-26-2014, 09:20 AM
If the game could be played how its designed where people play through the quests and events instead of just camping xp wouldn't be such a bad thing.

The more active level 200 players would just level up fastest again. With the way the game was designed, leveling wasn't a bad thing. The more you raided and attacked and quested, the more gold you got for dragons, and the stronger you became. CP is really what changed that.

A level 180 currently gets rubbish cp hitting a 200
Boo hoo. I started playing this game when it first came out. By the time wars were introduced I was already at level 180. I have put up with awful CP for a year now so I am not going to she a tear when level 180's start complaining now. As an active player at level 200, I would prefer to have everyone bottlenecked at 200 getting the same CP. At least that makes it fair.

E-I
02-26-2014, 09:25 AM
This.

At one point during my final war, I saw that I had the same exact number of wins on my level 200 player as a level 100 player on my team did. My account over 2 years has racked up an attack of 69 million. My level 100 guildmate has an attack around 20 million (which is a guess, since Gree can't seem to get the stats of our guildmates to show correctly now despite actually having done it correctly in the past, but I digress). Yet:
1) My level 100 guildmate was not lacking for targets as is proven by their having had as many wins as I did. So my years and levels did me no good where that is concerned. But more importantly,
2) She had 78% more CP than I.

What do you get for working your way up the ladder to the top level in KA? You get punished. This is a problem that a huge number of us have been bringing up for a year. And Gree has done absolutely nothing at all to correct it. Instead of empowering high level players, making people want to level because they are rewarded for all the time, effort and money, Gree decided that they will continue to punish players for leveling and, to add insult to injury, aggressively work to try to kill the mini. Instead of letting HLPs get CP and be happy about progressing in the game, they force LLPs to progress faster, to become HLPs against their will if they want to complete anything at all in the game, and then continue to render HLPs nearly worthless.

THIS is the #1 reason I quit the game. After playing it for nearly 2 years, investing a TON of time, effort and, yes, money, into my character, then second character for 6 months, I could not take the insult any more. It hurt more than anyone who has not been a Guild Founder for 5 months or more to know to walk away. But since Gree steadfastly refused to stop punishing leveling, and actively worked to ruin everything we created to work around that (and the games other problems) in order to make the game fun, I could not in good conscience continue to feed the Greedy beast. It is insulting the way they treat long-time players. A level 100 with equal number of wins gets 78% more CP than I. That just says it all right there.

They say they won't raise the level cap because there are too many LLPs as compared to HLPs. But they refuse to cease punishing people for leveling. I have tried for the 15 months I've been on this forum to show them how to make the game more enjoyable. I finally realized the only thing enjoyable about it now is leaving it.

Correct on all accounts!

Ryosaeba
02-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Easily solved. Get Gree to give out a big unit with a health regen bonus for reaching say, L250. This GENERALLY encourages most people to want to level up. The lower CP gain is then somewhat offsetted by the quicker regen time, allowing more attacks to be made.

Not really. If any sane player value CP, they know every level they gain is more gems they have to use. Gemmers can't care less about a little health regen since they use gems to refill. For every level gained, that refill is worth less and less. If I was unfortunate enough to be L200, and they raise the cap, I would definitely do my hardest to let everyone else level and only do quests that has very limited xp gain.

What do you get for working your way up the ladder to the top level in KA? You get punished. This is a problem that a huge number of us have been bringing up for a year.

I got into KA a few months before they implemented guilds and even I knew back then that leveling was bad for you. If you didn't realize that, I think there shouldn't be anyone to blame but yourself.

It was easy to realize that leveling does not up your stats. You up your stats simply by raiding and buying those high stat units. So simply put, being powerful and low level was the number one priority in KA even before guilds. This made it easier to raid and get more money to buy more units. There was enough guides online as well all suggesting you to level as slow as possible.

E-I
02-27-2014, 05:06 AM
I got into KA a few months before they implemented guilds and even I knew back then that leveling was bad for you. If you didn't realize that, I think there shouldn't be anyone to blame but yourself.

It was easy to realize that leveling does not up your stats. You up your stats simply by raiding and buying those high stat units. So simply put, being powerful and low level was the number one priority in KA even before guilds. This made it easier to raid and get more money to buy more units. There was enough guides online as well all suggesting you to level as slow as possible.

If you were playing back before there were all of these LTQs, level really didn't matter much. Some people tried to camp so that they had a weaker battle list, but if you had a decent dragon army there was no reason to do that. Being higher level often meant you had better buildings to raid.

Krayt
02-27-2014, 05:45 AM
I wasn't around before guilds started, so I can't say anything to that. I do know that I got really bad advice from my first guild and it made my first character terrible. So when I got a new phone I was able to take what I learned and ignore the bad advice from my first guild to actually build a good character.

This game does seem to between unsure which way it wants to go. You have high level players that were punished for leveling early in their careers and now in wars are targets for newer players. On the other hand those newer players are now given quests that are designed to really increase their xp making them higher levels. So it would seem that both ends are getting squeezed.

Personally, I would love to see something implemented that rewards players for leveling up. I have always said this is the only game I have ever played where increasing a level was a bad thing.

Ryosaeba
02-27-2014, 09:46 AM
If you were playing back before there were all of these LTQs, level really didn't matter much. Some people tried to camp so that they had a weaker battle list, but if you had a decent dragon army there was no reason to do that. Being higher level often meant you had better buildings to raid.

Yup. I was there way before the LTQs. Level still mattered by how much gold you were getting and how many dragons you were buying. You couldn't possibility raid enough gold to buy dragons to compensate for leveling up. That's what I figured out early on... In addition, you would need to really overpower the guy to not lose any units. By losing one dragon, that's like an hour of raiding silos and play houses.

This game does seem to between unsure which way it wants to go. You have high level players that were punished for leveling early in their careers and now in wars are targets for newer players. On the other hand those newer players are now given quests that are designed to really increase their xp making them higher levels. So it would seem that both ends are getting squeezed.

There are plenty of quests that have minimal XP gain while rewarding you with insane units. The Box event is one, the Raid bosses is another. Some of the energy quests have low XP while giving you a unit with awesome bonus boost. That love quest was one. I only gained 1.5 levels but it gave my character a 3.5m atk boost (@L123).

You just gotta pick and choose your quests. You don't have to do every quest they throw at you. I for one am skipping the current one and taking a 4 day break. Feels good man...

Shazam
02-28-2014, 05:28 AM
Any comments GREE?

dookie
02-28-2014, 05:47 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

E-I
02-28-2014, 06:05 AM
Any comments GREE?

F YOU AND GIVE US YOUR MONEY!

Shazam
02-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Still laughing at that. Nicely put!!!

Shazam
03-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Any news from GREE ? Let's see the change before next war.

SnapOpera
03-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Hey guys, I'm getting this checked on for you. Sorry for the delay-thanks for inquiring!

Shazam
03-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, I'm getting this checked on for you. Sorry for the delay-thanks for inquiring!

Thanks Snap!

Shazam
03-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Any news Snap?

LB moose
03-08-2014, 04:01 PM
The main reason max level won't be raised is there just isn't enough players. Every new player stays as low as possible as long as possible, and the player base is shrinking.
Mw and cc have a lot lore active accounts playing so can have more levels, cause they have enoug players to fill them.

In mw we just had someone get 501 allies have they upped this?

aephlux
03-08-2014, 04:07 PM
In mw we just had someone get 501 allies have they upped this?

Its probably +1 Alliance size increase bonus.

Shazam
03-12-2014, 04:33 AM
Any further information Snap please?

Gorshonn
03-12-2014, 08:51 PM
My household currently has three people in it playing KA on a total of 5 devices. The littles we have created are much more fun to play at times - because at least we see them improving. My level 200 character just gets higher stats but this doesn't seem to make any difference except in raiding because of changes Gree keeps making to quests. If Gree doesn't increase the levels for this character, I will mostly likely abandon her. But then, I am afraid to level my smaller character up too fast - so what do I do with my playing time? I will most likely go to other games - so please increase the levels. I have liked KA, but am growing very bored and frustrated.

lopez6295
03-15-2014, 12:44 AM
I am barely level 113 and after what i have been reading here on the forums i am almost scared of leveling up. I want to keep doing the quests as that is part of the game and are meant to keep the game interesting, but i dont want the game to become more difficult just for playing it and leveling up.

Shazam
03-17-2014, 07:32 AM
Time to make the change GREE

Just4fun
03-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Can we get an update Gree?

AllFather Odin
03-18-2014, 06:07 AM
I am barely level 113 and after what i have been reading here on the forums i am almost scared of leveling up. I want to keep doing the quests as that is part of the game and are meant to keep the game interesting, but i dont want the game to become more difficult just for playing it and leveling up.

At level 144 now and terrified to go any further. I am sitting out most events and just camping to get GLTQs. I jump out of the early GLTQ stages that give out 1000 atk rewards and 70xps and come back in when the rewards are over 6k in attack. It's just sad that i'm playing this way. But anything to avoid leveling up or adding xps to my character i'll do! :cool:

Rpmjr
03-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Lol, 3/4 they were gonna check and get back to us, lmao. Messenger must be sent by pony express, standing on the shore, trying to figure out how to get to Japan

Shazam
03-20-2014, 09:59 AM

Hey Snap. You still employed at GREE? Two and a half weeks still no reply.

Just4fun
03-21-2014, 04:01 PM
They are replying at all the other threads but no this one. Nothing new that's how Gree is.

mighty mackenzie
03-22-2014, 10:16 PM
I think raising the level ceiling will keep the level 200 players from retiring. I'm guessing you want them to retire but I think enough of the high level players retired recently that it wouldn't hurt the game to raise it. GREE, Please reconsider this as you have raised the level ceiling in your other games so why not KA too? Everyone is so worried about raising their level that they skip quests and you lose money. Seems like a good idea and it would make people play more.

Shazam
03-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Come on GREE. This is killing the game big time. Much more important than a boring building quest.

aephlux
03-27-2014, 08:16 PM
IMO the problem is not the level cap at 200. The problem is level 200 players get diminishing returns compared to lower level players.
If L200 players get the same or easier difficulty in boss health terms and if they get good cps in war, it should be enough for them to keep on playing without gree having to raise the level cap.

aephlux
03-27-2014, 08:18 PM
If they raise level cap but still "punishes" high level players then the problem is still there.

daunhijau
03-27-2014, 11:12 PM
The poll is closed, but i would vote no.