PDA

View Full Version : Price of Gold - misleading?

SpikeyKit
02-23-2014, 04:41 AM
After some careful looking from my team mates wenhave noticed the price of gold is very misleading.

I wanted to take time to address the issue (sorry if its been done before)

If you remove the "extra gold %" from the calculation you will find a bag gold costs less per unit then any other amount.

Which means a vault is about £9.99 over priced.

Before the trolls say im crying about it. I just though the issue should be mentioned and an awnser given.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-23-2014, 04:45 AM
That's hardly crying about anything. Those trolls can hardly think beyond there own lunchboxes.

Your observation was well spotted. $10 cheaper to buy by the bag in off sale time.

Anyway forget trolls, just say what you chose to say. Let them get all stressed over it and not you.

Ambit
02-24-2014, 04:01 AM
Hello from Finland! This is my first post, so be gently :)

About gold price, heres a few examples (vault of gold):

In Finland, ios users, 89,99€ = 123,82$
In Finland, android users, 76,18€ = 104,82$

In England, ios users, 69,99£ = 116,67$

In USA, android users, 99,99$

I would really like to know why we pay so much more here in Europe?

Change our gold price and we will get the feeling that we are in same boat.

-Ambit-

Vercingetorix
02-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Ambit:

I do not follow the price of the Euro or Pound relative to the dollar, but over the past two years that this game has been available, I suspect there have been changes in the valuation of the currency and Gree has not made a practice of reconciling the price of gold as the value of currency has increased and/decreased relative to the dollar. I don't have an explanation for the price difference for iOS in Euros unless android version came out at a different time and the euro/dollar price was different.

Thief
02-24-2014, 07:51 AM
After some careful looking from my team mates wenhave noticed the price of gold is very misleading.

If you remove the "extra gold %" from the calculation you will find a bag gold costs less per unit then any other amount.

Before the trolls say im crying about it. I just though the issue should be mentioned and an awnser given.

You saying its £9.99 over priced but how? Technicallly its £0.19 cheaper to buy bags of gold vs. Vaults when you take away the bonus gold but the bonus gold has been here since the beginning...so why try and take it away? So for £0.19 you get 50% more gold....sounds like a scam to me.

-Ambit-

Gree doesn't set International Currency rates. Thats left up to Apple and Android. They set the $99.99 price point for a vault based on Dollars and then Apple or Android adjusts the price per country your in (sometimes including taxes or fees that other places don't pay for)

SpikeyKit
02-24-2014, 08:39 AM
You saying its £9.99 over priced but how? Technicallly its £0.19 cheaper to buy bags of gold vs. Vaults when you take away the bonus gold but the bonus gold has been here since the beginning...so why try and take it away? So for £0.19 you get 50% more gold....sounds like a scam

I'll get the relevant numbers from my team mate, check them and post them up for you. Been a long month so if It is wrong im sorry.

Ambit
02-24-2014, 09:09 AM
You saying its £9.99 over priced but how? Technicallly its £0.19 cheaper to buy bags of gold vs. Vaults when you take away the bonus gold but the bonus gold has been here since the beginning...so why try and take it away? So for £0.19 you get 50% more gold....sounds like a scam to me.

Gree doesn't set International Currency rates. Thats left up to Apple and Android. They set the $99.99 price point for a vault based on Dollars and then Apple or Android adjusts the price per country your in (sometimes including taxes or fees that other places don't pay for)

Thank you for your answer. I didnt thought about that.

-Ambit-

bradleyk
02-24-2014, 09:16 AM
In US... bag of gold is $4.99 for 50 bars. That makes one bar equal to .0998 cents.
Buying $99.99 worth of gold would be 1,001.90 bars. Add 50% extra and that comes to 1,502.86 bars.
Is it off? Yes.
Technically, that's 49.7% extra...well within an acceptable rounding up to 50% as advertised. I don't see any problems in the US pricing.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
02-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Let's just round to make it clearer. 50 gold for $5. Buy $100 worth of bags and it comes out to 1000 gold. Buy a vault for $100 and it's 1500. 50% extra. So not sure how it's in any way cheaper. Besides pennies mentioned above. But again... You get the % bonus so it's a not at all cheaper. Think you may be confused about it.

Kefa
02-24-2014, 10:59 AM

-Ambit-

Taxes. I don't mean VAT, I mean the taxes and fees the company has to pay for doing business in those countries. All said and done, the company gets roughly the same amount in net US Dollars for each vault sold.

Kefa
02-24-2014, 11:15 AM

I'm confused, so please forgive me.

Maybe it's different in EU, but in US we get 1500 gold for $99.99, or $0.06666 per gold. Bag of gold is 50 gold for $4.99, or $0.0998 per gold. $0.0998 is 49.76% higher than $0.06666.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-24-2014, 03:46 PM
I believe the OP was simply discussing the Non-Discounted price.

One could argue, since it is as regular as clockwork that the discounted price is not a discount at all but the regular price and the non-discount price is now the inflated price.

It does seem there can be differences between countries and also between platforms.