PDA

View Full Version : Should GREE stick to the original permanent mission targets for LTQs

THE VIKING
02-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Given the numerous screw ups by GREE, would we be totally out of line to demand GREE to stick to permanent mission targets for the coming LTQs?

Kefa
02-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Well, considering that the reason for using non-permanent targets in the first place was probably in response to the people demanding that they give us LTQ's that don't require high leveled unit buildings, and considering how upset so many people were that the Axis of Evil LTQ included permanent NPC targets that required unit buildings - it probably wouldn't make people happy in the long run.

THE VIKING
02-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Well, considering that the reason for using non-permanent targets in the first place was probably in response to the people demanding that they give us LTQ's that don't require high leveled unit buildings, and considering how upset so many people were that the Axis of Evil LTQ included permanent NPC targets that required unit buildings - it probably wouldn't make people happy in the long run.

True, but I wouldn't feel bad if they made the LTQs at least prestige require higher upgrade buildings rather than enormous amounts of energy. Then one would have LTQs for veterans and boss events for new members and a few strong veterans.

Blodiea
02-21-2014, 05:12 PM
I assume the new npc is used to keep pre-staging to a minimum. I prefer new npc because of lower xp given out compared to old xp heavy targets.

Sumiala
02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Voted i am quitting, although I am not (yet). Just want a message out to Gree (as if there hasn't [been] a cry-out yet) that I (we) want a fun game, that is playable and not riddled with bugs. Rather spread the events thinner but working, than a mess.
I know, I know, they want to rake in the cash, I know...

THE VIKING
02-21-2014, 05:17 PM
I assume the new npc is used to keep pre-staging to a minimum. I prefer new npc because of lower xp given out compared to old xp heavy targets.

I think the last map got lower XP/E ratio as well, but if they change the WD-points/hit ratio low level camping would soon be a forgotten strategy no matter what.

TheDanimal
02-21-2014, 06:34 PM

AND, the static NPCs in the later maps come with high xp

...and what would I do without my NPC lists to make? :'( haha

Greg76
02-22-2014, 04:27 AM
The problem is too many events in such a short time, it has become too much for the players and the developers to handle. Every event has a glitch and the money needed has become rediculous.

APeX_MW
02-22-2014, 04:33 AM
I definitely think that NPCs are better as hardly anyone has all the unit buildings really high

Kimm
02-22-2014, 04:44 AM
The problem with the required building levels is that in the past ( where strategy was still required) you actually needed and used them, so people upgraded them. But when Gree wanted to get rid of the pre-staging by bringing in new npcs, upgrading them became pretty much useless. So new players, or players that haven't been playing all that long didn't see the benefit of upgrading them. Until Gree decided to bring it back partially. My hlp likes it when they do that, my llp doesn't for obvious reasons. Both have their pros and cons, Hlps should stop complaining about the advantages new players have, cause there aren't that many. Yes llps get higher wd points if they spend enough time and money to be able to hit a hlp. but the hlps have a bunch of health regen units the llps will never be able to get anymore, and if they do, so will the hlps, so hlps will always have that advantage. Same goes for the +energy. llps should stop complaining about required building levels, your choice to upgrade them. So as said, both have pros and cons.

The Pharoah
02-22-2014, 04:49 AM
I've also voted 'quitting', not because I'm quitting the game, but because I've quit paying to play. As has been observed elsewhere, the cost of completing objectives is rocketing with every cycle, and I can't keep up. I would *like* to buy gold and participate more fully in events, but like most people, I have my work cut out just keeping a roof over my head.

I see no reason why there should be so many glitches in the game, when it's essentially always just tapping a certain number of times on an avatar. I would've thought Gree would have a workable template for that after two years of operating this game.

Back to the subject in hand - I like the current mix of permanent and temp NPCs, because it rewards people who play the entire game, not just throw gold into ltqs to basically buy reward units. Why shouldn't you have to upgrade your unit buildings to qualify for objectives? It's in the game, and I think it's vital to include the older elements of the game in newer features in order to keep it playable for everyone.

aikjones
02-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Is anyone doesnt have the Unit buildings maxed out! I suppose its time to get going on doing jst that and stop moaning bout it! Yes LTE buildings come up and give good units with upgrades, but one has to make a sacrifice for the future events!!!
There has to be balance.