PDA

View Full Version : Game Lag on Android during Raid Boss

Klank
02-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Every Raid Boss event the game lags horrible and I come one day closer to quitting this game.

RealTeflonDon
02-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Try going to your app manager, find CC & clear data.

You'll need to get the most recent data-push again but it should help alleviate some of the lag.

Closing programs & freeing up RAM helps too, if you're on an older device. I'd still start with clearing the game data though.

lurcher
02-21-2014, 02:59 PM
This lag is worse than ever, cant even get onto the boss now without the game freezing, it's now become unplayable. On the up side, no more gold being purchased or used. Think thats what you would call an own goal GREE.

nazgul
02-21-2014, 03:17 PM
RealTeflonDon is correct, although you may not need to do that at first.
Try these steps (in order).

1. Close the game completely.
2. Go into Settings -> Storage -> Apps (may be different on different versions) -> Crime City.
3. Under "Cache" tap "Clear Cache" if it is enabled.
4. Shut down the device completely (hold the power button in and shut down).
5. Power it back up. When it's back up, open CC. See if there is any improvement.

If there isn't, then do what RTD said. Basically that's step 2 above but tap "Clear Data" instead. You will get a warning about losing account information. Don't worry - that won't happen unless you do a factory reset.

If you clear the data, then as RTD said, you'll have to re-download the current dataset. While that's happening, your stats may look funky, and one or more current LTB may not show up. Don't panic - reboot after you download the current dataset and everything should be back.

These steps made a world of difference with this issue for me. Before, this is what I was dealing with:

http://youtu.be/2s0njaYvCb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0njaYvCb4 for those who can't see the embedded video.

Good luck!

Assault and Flattery
02-21-2014, 03:54 PM
You can also turn off the effects in the Settings, should help with speed.

raymondmccabemfc
02-21-2014, 03:56 PM
A&f could you please keep us informed in ios to ios error, all we get is were looking into it. Really frustrating were paying you guys money and you dont seem to be able to give a time frame.

lurcher
02-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Big thanks to ... RealTeflonDon and nazgul. Tried it, done it and its working now. THANKS GUYS.

NexusOne
02-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Sadly i have bigger problems :(

chuongvn
02-21-2014, 05:54 PM
I do anything but it doesnt work on my phone. Pls help me.

RealTeflonDon is correct, although you may not need to do that at first.
Try these steps (in order).

1. Close the game completely.
2. Go into Settings -> Storage -> Apps (may be different on different versions) -> Crime City.
3. Under "Cache" tap "Clear Cache" if it is enabled.
4. Shut down the device completely (hold the power button in and shut down).
5. Power it back up. When it's back up, open CC. See if there is any improvement.

If there isn't, then do what RTD said. Basically that's step 2 above but tap "Clear Data" instead. You will get a warning about losing account information. Don't worry - that won't happen unless you do a factory reset.

If you clear the data, then as RTD said, you'll have to re-download the current dataset. While that's happening, your stats may look funky, and one or more current LTB may not show up. Don't panic - reboot after you download the current dataset and everything should be back.

These steps made a world of difference with this issue for me. Before, this is what I was dealing with:

http://youtu.be/2s0njaYvCb4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0njaYvCb4 for those who can't see the embedded video.

Good luck!

RealTeflonDon
02-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Glad to have helped.

Chuomgvn- what kind of device are you running? Do our steps plus A&F's & see if that helps. Otherwise, it sounds like you're trying to play on an old device that doesn't have enough RAM to play the game.

alex6789
02-21-2014, 11:07 PM
Glad to have helped.

Chuomgvn- what kind of device are you running? Do our steps plus A&F's & see if that helps. Otherwise, it sounds like you're trying to play on an old device that doesn't have enough RAM to play the game. well, then try the last resort.....uninstall the game, then reinstall. I've had to do this at least once every raid boss.

TZora
02-21-2014, 11:26 PM
The only thing that works for me is: uninstall - restart phone - reinstall. and, i have to do this on every raid boss.

chuongvn
02-22-2014, 12:58 PM
5720Thanks for help. I use Galaxy S2 HD, dualcore 1.5Hz, ram 1G, android 4x. I think it not old device for this game.i think mistake at time end event at 00:00:00:00. Pls help
Glad to have helped.

Chuomgvn- what kind of device are you running? Do our steps plus A&F's & see if that helps. Otherwise, it sounds like you're trying to play on an old device that doesn't have enough RAM to play the game.

02-24-2014, 03:12 AM
I tried both methods, & it didn't do squat!!!
Only thing that happened was I lost my beachfront retreats.
BS!

If it wasn't for me being in a great syndicate, I probably would have gave up on CC a while ago.

Gree needs to back off the battles, & go back to working on the game.
Bi-weekly battles are more convenient, it lets the devs have more time to work out the bugs.
Instead they just continue to gouge us for our cash.
How do you justify spending cash on a game that's broken?

It was fun with Fuzio, now GREEd has taken over.

The Night Prowler
02-24-2014, 05:17 AM
I'm just trying that now got rid of 85Meg. Hope it works.

Update:
It worked. But came with the message " A building or decoration failed to load. Please wait for new data to download."
Clicked ok.
And it looks like I have lost my LTB Arcade and LTB Beachhut. Also Down about 33,000 A and about 51,000 D
So I'm turning off and wait 5 mins see what happens.

New data download has just popped up.
BANG. Everything is back. Job done and 85M eg back in the phone.
Thanks guys for giving me the courage to do this.

sonic_empire
02-24-2014, 05:24 AM
Had same problem... even robbing hiting sltq targets was a problem (freezing every few seconds). Did hard rest last night and it is much much better now.

KlitschkO
02-24-2014, 05:24 PM
And I have lag when it is Raid boss ... but more annoying for me now are forced or blocking exits! and automatically have to give restart the phone, at least 15-20 times a day ... or I get black screen and must restart again ... who has these problems!? for they, have done the same meaning or give "clear date?" PLS some1 give me an answer:(