PDA

View Full Version : When does the 24-hour LTQ start?

Sherah
02-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Turned my device on and off and re-launched the game several times, it doesn't appear to have started yet - when does it start?

Junky
02-21-2014, 12:58 PM
It will start sooner or later.... why do you think it has already started?

I C STUFF
02-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Turned my device on and off and re-launched the game several times, it doesn't appear to have started yet - when does it start?
It starts when it starts. You might get 24 hours, you might not, this is all up to Gree. Relax, it begins when it begins. It ends when it ends.
Gree determines when things begin and end. You want to play a Gree game, let Gree do the thinking, you do the tapping.
They do what they want, when they want. The schedule they reveal is simply an approximation of start and end times.

good gawd noooo
02-21-2014, 01:00 PM
lol I was just coming on to make that post. lol yeah is it delayed due to the extention of the boss/ltq. or is it just late cause someones lunch time ran over

gem83
02-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Be nice tho for a convenient time for al, of us jus not half

Junky
02-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Gem, it would be nice if they just told us when the event started.

As an example, how would things work out if nobody knew when the Super Bowl started.

Kimm
02-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Gem, it would be nice if they just told us when the event started.

As an example, how would things work out if nobody knew when the Super Bowl started.

Then Everyone would be impatiently waiting and checking when it's starts. Like we are all doin now xD

Sherah
02-21-2014, 01:18 PM
It will start sooner or later.... why do you think it has already started?

I didn't think it had already started... But in my experience with my device (maybe it's not like that on newer devices), I never know when the event is going to start and most times I have to turn the game on and off a few times before it launches the event... That is even when the event has already been running for hours... In the past there have been several times when I failed to realized the event had started because my goals were not refreshed and I didn't yet know about the log in and out several times thing. As a result I missed like the first 5 hours of an LTQ and I've emptied my energy cache on other stupid stuff which is obviously not the end of the world but it's kind of annoying.

It's a pain to log in and out several times just to see if the event has yet to start and since it's only a 24 hour LTQ, I don't want to miss any of it so I was hoping someone might know when it is supposed to start. Sometimes people seem to know these things. I never know how... I wish I did! lol.

I C STUFF
02-21-2014, 01:18 PM
I know one thing, as sure as I know the sun rises and sets; whenever any event starts, thousands of you will rush to tap, tap, tap.

A Fresh Start
02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
It wont start. They posted in the SLTQ thread that it has been postponed indefinitly.

2000y2k
02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Let the bugs begin.

Gree just posted, then closed a thread, to say due to bugs the 24 hour LTQ is canceled.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?84272-Deadly-Race-LTQ-GLTQ/page2

I C STUFF
02-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Oh no, its been cancelled.

Junky
02-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Programmer FAIL.... No surprise really. Atleast now I can go get drunk

Sherah
02-21-2014, 01:25 PM
I know one thing, as sure as I know the sun rises and sets; whenever any event starts, thousands of you will rush to tap, tap, tap.

Not you though? lol, sorry dude I just don't think you can be smug about it when you're on the forum for the game and reading an eager beaver thead about the start of today's event...

lemonhaze
02-21-2014, 01:26 PM
they cancled it guys..so we all get to save some gold on it

HaystaK760
02-21-2014, 01:26 PM
The faction ltq is 24-28 , haven't seen anything about the 24 hour ltq prob starts at 2pm pst which is like 34 minutes .....relax

SpikeyKit
02-21-2014, 01:27 PM
The posts have been removed? Cancelled back on? Who knows. Stay tuned. We will be informed in 5-6 working days

Aks
02-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Lol.. They deleted their own post.. Its been cancelled or not.. They not even sure about it.. Save some gold..

2000y2k
02-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Well at one point Gree made a post saying the 24 hour event was off and then closed the thread. Now the thread is open but the post saying it is canceled is gone. Did it get corrected Gree?

Kimm
02-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Lol I was just wondering where it said it was cancelled. This would all be so very funny if it wasn't so sad

badgerblood
02-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Top sticky note says its canceled.

Junky
02-21-2014, 01:37 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?84282-2-21-2-22-24hr-ltq

Web323
02-21-2014, 01:38 PM
The globe still states it will happen

HaystaK760
02-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Oh wow lol the last week plus has been so embarrassing

Kimm
02-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Lol well at least we should all be glad we won't have another glitched event, we just won't have an event at all

Web323
02-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Lol well at least we should all be glad we won't have another glitched event, we just won't have an event at all

Just wait until the FLTQ ;)

solo.modernwar
02-21-2014, 01:46 PM
The event's been cancelled, but hey, look at the bright side... it's a break from the current LTQ and/or event schedule.

Kimm
02-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Just wait until the FLTQ ;)

Lol keep it constructive :D

CJ54
02-21-2014, 01:48 PM
The globe still states it will happen

The globe is a piece of art that can't be updated without a data deploy. We'll have that updated as soon as possible.

Junky
02-21-2014, 01:49 PM
I didn't think it had already started... But in my experience with my device (maybe it's not like that on newer devices), I never know when the event is going to start and most times I have to turn the game on and off a few times before it launches the event... That is even when the event has already been running for hours... In the past there have been several times when I failed to realized the event had started because my goals were not refreshed and I didn't yet know about the log in and out several times thing. As a result I missed like the first 5 hours of an LTQ and I've emptied my energy cache on other stupid stuff which is obviously not the end of the world but it's kind of annoying.

It's a pain to log in and out several times just to see if the event has yet to start and since it's only a 24 hour LTQ, I don't want to miss any of it so I was hoping someone might know when it is supposed to start. Sometimes people seem to know these things. I never know how... I wish I did! lol.

Simple solution to that.... Like all aps, log in and wait a few minutes, new data sets need to be downloaded and installed. constantly cycleing the app will only make it take longer.

CJ54
02-21-2014, 01:53 PM

Kimm
02-21-2014, 01:56 PM

Cj .. since you're on active duty. Would you finally please be so kind to look at the 2 year ani thread and finally answer some questions there...........

Sumiala
02-21-2014, 01:57 PM

Thanks for letting people know.
Those folk still on the AXIS event can now use all their energy there.
Just do not change your mind and launch the 24 hour event in a few hours. That would unleash more negativity, I reckon...

Shrinko
02-21-2014, 01:57 PM
So glad it was canceled! Yes!!!!! First they increased the folder drop rate. Now they canceled an event which was probably full of glitches. Two things in a raw that make me happy about MW. YES! The next thing you know they will lower the amount of gold required to finish an event from 10-15 vaults to 5-10 vaults! Not that I would buy a single vault but I'm just saying. Lol. Before you know it, this thing will be converted back into a game we used to love.

Shrinko
02-21-2014, 01:59 PM
CJ, you are still around? That's a sad news. I thought you were gone as part of some new changes.

2000y2k
02-21-2014, 02:12 PM
24 hour event just started for me.

Again, what is going on with this game.

Sumiala
02-21-2014, 02:14 PM
24 hour event just started for me.

Again, what is going on with this game.

Read Tardavic's post. Calendar will be amended soon, you may have to restart.
They posted it was cancelled. Even Gree would not be that thick to announce a cancellation and then go ahead and let it start.

2000y2k
02-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Read Tardavic's post. Calendar will be amended soon, you may have to restart.
They posted it was cancelled. Even Gree would not be that thick to announce a cancellation and then go ahead and let it start.

Never know. Still no active missions just the globe saying it started.

qwertyguy
02-21-2014, 02:22 PM
I was looking forward to the 24 hour LTQ. I've only been playing for 8 months and don't have a level 6 shipyard. So because of the lack of timely news and information, I did not have the time to upgrade to level 6 so I could continue the LTQ portion of Axis.

So I've had No LTQ to work on all this time! But I appreciate the notice of cancellation. At least I can now work to collect intel folders elsewhere. The best part of all this chaos is that the drop rate was increased so that this should be a good Raid Boss event for those actually collecting folders...unless they decide to cancel that one too! I hope not.

Blodiea
02-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Not that I am a gree support fan or anything, but we all complain about never getting any info about anything and for once they actually tell us. I say thanks for not unleashing another glitched event. Also thank you for letting me know it has been canceled and why.

CJ54
02-21-2014, 02:35 PM
The problem with the calendar/globe:

Text in the game is generally not server-modifiable (i.e. we can't change it from back here without a data push), the only exceptions being things like attack/defense displays (and even those are just contacting the server for the calculation. We can change the calculation but not the text).

It's actually a piece of art that is done by an artist and the text is placed over the art. This makes it less of an eyesore than it would otherwise be, but it also means that it is a serious pain when something changes last minute, because we can't update it in realtime. We have to update it in a data push (which we'll do as soon as possible).

ploop
02-21-2014, 02:36 PM
The problem with the calendar/globe:

Text in the game is generally not server-modifiable (i.e. we can't change it from back here without a data push), the only exceptions being things like attack/defense displays (and even those are just contacting the server for the calculation. We can change the calculation but not the text).

It's actually a piece of art that is done by an artist and the text is placed over the art. This makes it less of an eyesore than it would otherwise be, but it also means that it is a serious pain when something changes last minute, because we can't update it in realtime. We have to update it in a data push (which we'll do as soon as possible).

How long would it take for the data push to come out? Will there be an event to replace the 24 hour LTQ?

CJ54
02-21-2014, 02:42 PM
How long would it take for the data push to come out? Will there be an event to replace the 24 hour LTQ?

We might be able to move it somewhere else in the calendar.

Kimm
02-21-2014, 02:46 PM

Cj, attempt 3 last 30 minutes. Would you, or a different mod, please after a month of silence and ignoring people, take a look at the questions from the nominees on the 2 year ani thread. I could make a new thread about it, but don't want to waste room.....

FLGuy

Bam! There you go CJ - perfect information for the customers spot on and applauding you! Helping us with the game we love!

CJ54
Cj, attempt 3 last 30 minutes. Would you, or a different mod, please after a month of silence and ignoring people, take a look at the questions from the nominees on the 2 year ani thread. I could make a new thread about it, but don't want to waste room.....

I'll take a look.

Kimm
02-21-2014, 02:48 PM
I'll take a look.

Thank you kind sir

Sumiala
02-21-2014, 03:08 PM

Ok. Whatever you decide, let us know, in advance.
It is a shame if you see a 24-hour event started 8 hours ago, and we don't want that to happen.
I won't lose any sleep if you leave it off and put it weeks, or months ahead. Tired of all those bosses!

Kimm
02-21-2014, 03:44 PM
I'll take a look.

I took the effort to bump the thread for you in case you couldn't find it :D