PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions for the moderators??

The Billionaire
02-21-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm just curious about how big the world of Crime City is so i was wondering if A&F or Oracle could answer a couple of questions.

How many ACTIVE players does Crime City have?

How many times has Crime City been downloaded across all platforms?

When did Crime City first get released?

How many syndicates are there in total?

I would love to see the answers to these questions.

Many Thanks

RealTeflonDon
02-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Have to say, I'm curious as well. What would you consider "active", though?

Blowin Smoke
02-21-2014, 09:03 AM

Daily players I assume.

RealTeflonDon
02-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Daily players I assume.

That would make sense, but, there are daily players who just login to collect their buildings. Should they be considered "active"?

I'm just posing the question of, what should really be considered active. Quite a few different ways to look at it.

Go4Seven
02-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Bill, I remember you asked similar questions when syndicates were first introduced last year. It would be interesting to see comparisons with last year's statistics, because CC feels a lot smaller now.

Also, why do you have Cathouse as 3rd in your signature instead of SC and P&L?

Edit: I think CC feels smaller because I see the same 30 people on my RL, and during war we are matched with those same people's syndicates.

CCC-syn
02-21-2014, 09:18 AM
1. There are 5,844,399 active players
2. CC was downloaded 11,738,966 times
3. Released on 2011/03/14
4. There are 27,112 syndicates

These are my guesses!
What do I win?!?!

Hehe JK :D

Kev33y
02-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Could we have an answer on the syndicates please

Ourpalace
02-21-2014, 09:40 AM
and how many single player syndicates. If you check syndicate list 95% are 1/20:-)

This is also true for MW

Jeremy Kyle
02-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Anyone who hasn't been active for over 30 days should be removed imo

And syndicates that dont participate in any events for a cycle should also be removed

If cc was cleaned up it we may have less lag

GFA Sean
02-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Anyone who hasn't been active for over 30 days should be removed imo

And syndicates that dont participate in any events for a cycle should also be removed

If cc was cleaned up it we may have less lag

^^^^^
I agree!

sister morphine
02-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Screw that! My syn only has three accounts in it, so rather obviously isn't going anywhere doing the events (other than some minor raid boss fiddling about). But I've sunk a hella lot of game cash into it and if some anonymous programmer decided it should be done away with on a whim I'd be mightily peed off.

You'd probably find the same is true of many small syndicates. Their owners might not fight in wars, or do any syn events (except perhaps the little bit of raid boss mentioned), but they are used - to boost their stats a bit and building income etc. Not all players are in this game for the reasons you might be.

I'd have no problem with truly inactive accounts being removed, although in truth the change to the rivals list has removed those from my game experience, so no biggie.

cooch
02-21-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm just curious about how big the world of Crime City is so i was wondering if A&F or Oracle could answer a couple of questions.

Many Thanks

I don't remember...did they answer your questions last time? It will be interesting if they respond.

1. If they did, it was bragging rights to their business community.
2. If they do, then showing off to their business community.
3. If they don't well read between the lines

The interesting part is Figures Lie, Liars Figure. Too many syns and dead players which inflate numbers and causes havoc in Wars.

Notorious94
02-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Billionaire I thought cathouse got 4th not 3rd as your CC history explains? Believe SC got 3rd

Edit : cathouse got 5th according to the winners list on 35 million and peace and love 4th with SC 3rd both in 40mils

sister morphine
02-21-2014, 10:51 AM

Many Thanks
First release on mobile platforms was August 2011 I believe. Don't know how long the Farcebook version had run before that.

alex6789
02-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Just bumping the thread....I'm curious too! :)

Assault and Flattery
02-21-2014, 05:45 PM
August 2011 is correct, the other stuff is private information.

RealTeflonDon
02-21-2014, 08:41 PM
August 2011 is correct, the other stuff is private information.

Figured that would be the case...

Babytway
02-21-2014, 09:17 PM
aug2011 maybe for states but i became forum member two weeks after i played game, join date is july26th 2011

cc thunder
02-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Screw that! My syn only has three accounts in it, so rather obviously isn't going anywhere doing the events (other than some minor raid boss fiddling about). But I've sunk a hella lot of game cash into it and if some anonymous programmer decided it should be done away with on a whim I'd be mightily peed off.

You'd probably find the same is true of many small syndicates. Their owners might not fight in wars, or do any syn events (except perhaps the little bit of raid boss mentioned), but they are used - to boost their stats a bit and building income etc. Not all players are in this game for the reasons you might be.

I'd have no problem with truly inactive accounts being removed, although in truth the change to the rivals list has removed those from my game experience, so no biggie. I am the same way, I have an active syn that I join when I wish but I put my player into a camping syndicate in the meantime, some of us don't want to be involved in the daily hustle and bustle of Crime City and play when it is convenient for us as we have real lives, don't get me wrong I was a daily super active player for well over two years, but got tired of chasing my tail and doing every event possible, I mean what's the real point anyways as I increase my stats my rivals get just as strong as I just did. with the new rivals list system there's no need to be super competitive anymore, your stats have become insignificant. the new list only solidifies my ability to camp, it now makes it a viable strategy for those who don't care about doing every single thing and spending ridiculous amounts of gold to stay competitive. just because people don't play the same way as you do doesn't mean they should be kicked from the game

Dakota sioux
02-22-2014, 06:07 AM
Good question

Gunn
02-22-2014, 06:24 AM
august 2011 you say? I could be mistaken, but i thought I played for a little while before i joined the forum.

Mr.Shh...
02-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Have to say, I'm curious as well. What would you consider "active", though? and so the plot thickens...duh duh daaa...

sister morphine
02-22-2014, 01:54 PM

Daily players I assume.

That would make sense, but, there are daily players who just login to collect their buildings. Should they be considered "active"?

I'm just posing the question of, what should really be considered active. Quite a few different ways to look at it.
So long as someone logs in on a reasonably regular basis, even if it's just to collect buildings, I'd count it as active. Doesn't necessarily mean daily - a few times a week maybe. But if an account is dormant for a month or longer maybe it could be flagged as inactive and perhaps removed after six months zero activity.