PDA

View Full Version : a minor/significant issue with stat inflation

Sleazy_P_Martini
02-21-2014, 12:56 AM
i think by this time, everyone realizes stat inflation is a necessary evil in Crime City. We've all heard the arguments of how today's killer items are obsolete tomorrow. This thread is not meant to address that.

Problem I'm referring to here is one that we've all seen before. Stats that are cut off because they are too long to display properly in the space allotted.

in previous days, five digit stats were the norm. maybe six. These days we have 6, 7. 8. even 9 digit stats. trying to display these monsters properly usually results in the last few numbers being cut off completely. then some digits are wider than others causing more to get cut off. Varying screen sizes on phones, limited readable font size on devices...

Granted, larger screen tablets have no problems displaying these long numbers. Just wondering if things can get rearranged a bit to display all elements correctly.

this is just an observation actually. not looking to start a crusade.

Zippy69
02-21-2014, 12:59 AM
Sleazy:

I came up with a very simple solution to this & posted it yesterday in the Android Issues thread...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?83170-When-are-you-going-to-fix-the-android-player-points-problem/page5

@A&F:

you know, a very simple way to fix the failure to display Opponents Full Stats During Battle Events & Fights would be...

to simply switch the positioning in the Report...

So, if I'm attacking Fred; Splash Result screen says You Attacked Fred + Result (Win of Loss)...

THEN OPPONENT'S STATS APPEAR FIRST... followed by mine, cut down, as per existing results...

Because, TBH, I know exactly what MY Stats Are!
The Info I Need, is My Opponents Full (public) Defensive & Offensive Stat...
Then, I couldn't care less, if I only see the 1st 3-4 Digits of My Offense!!!

Surely this would be a simple Fix???

b-w
02-21-2014, 06:00 AM
That would work..makes sense zippy.

StickyNick
02-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Just wondering, how can an issue be minor and significant at the same time. Its one or the other. That's like saying jumbo shrimp, living dead, deafening silence, and Microsoft Works. Oxymoron I believe.

azgrunge
02-22-2014, 12:16 AM
i think by this time, everyone realizes stat inflation is a necessary evil in Crime City. We've all heard the arguments of how today's killer items are obsolete tomorrow. This thread is not meant to address that.

This thread won't address that because stat inflation is NOT necessary. It is what Gree chose. Go to a basic Economics class and study inflation and deflation.

To others, minor means small or easy. So I think OP is saying just put a K or M after these (K for 1000, M for 1000000). It is significant because one can't see what one is up against if values are cut off. How they fix? I don't know but if you can create a method whereby they earn gold by doing it then you will have it implemented. Then us poor saps who don't use gold will be left with an even bigger gap between us and the top. Cheers to the gap :)

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-22-2014, 12:38 AM
This thread won't address that because stat inflation is NOT necessary. It is what Gree chose. Go to a basic Economics class and study inflation and deflation......

This is not economics Azgrunge. This is a game built so that one of the essential elements to the game for the feeling of achievement is Stat increase.

If you striped away all stat increase what perception of benefit/achievement would their be left.

bravo 6 vk
02-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Just wondering, how can an issue be minor and significant at the same time. Its one or the other. That's like saying jumbo shrimp, living dead, deafening silence, and Microsoft Works. Oxymoron I believe.
Yes, you're right. Its like true lies, etc etc..

Dklv
02-22-2014, 05:42 AM
Comma's would be nice while you are at it.