PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the drop rate of folders?? It's too high

2000y2k
02-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Is this part of the fix for not communicating about the failed epic boss?

Gotta complain about both sides.

Generik79
02-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Here is the problem GREE has. They need some consistency. We went from no drops, to minor drop, then to lots of drops. Next time, I bet they change it again. Each time they will drive complaints. Consistency breeds contentment, at some point, unless it's a consistent, epic fail. ;-)

Dirty Mind
02-19-2014, 03:02 PM
better drop rate, but I'm betting on no free ones this time

2000y2k
02-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Oh great idea. Next boss event should be called Epic Fail Boss and we can have the leader of Greeland, a Giant Bug, be the boss and we can all have no Funizo.

Stacey
02-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Great, now there is a post that the drop rate is too high. You probably should not have notified GREE as they will now change it. Either that or it is a ploy to make us forget about all of the other problems.

Elite Enforcer
02-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Lol at this thread.

redsunz
02-19-2014, 05:40 PM
What's wrong with the thread starter.. Too low complain , too high also complain.. Speechless

Pippette
02-19-2014, 05:42 PM
So, we finally get a drop rate that means it's viable for a faction to collect enough folders to do the event without a Gree handout, and you guys complain????

Even with the current drop rate getting the 150-200 folders per faction member needed to complete is still not a simple task.

The only people this is detrimental to are those that are farming folders to sell to factions that struggle to collect enough folders.

Tardavic
02-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Hey guys,

My apologies for not getting back to you all in time.

It is intentional that the drop rate for the folders is higher than usual to make up for any past low drop rates, and we want to be as fair as we can.

In addition to this, you should also see that the summoning cost has gone up!

Inimical
02-19-2014, 06:29 PM
Yay, so now that the drop rate is what 50% higher? Are you going to double the cost of summoning? That would be consistent with Gree culture.

Badvock
02-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Hey guys,

It is intentional that the drop rate for the folders is higher than usual to make up for any past low drop rates, and we want to be as fair as we can.

Lol pricesless, Sorry for the low folder drop, heres a fix so you can catchup on what you have missed out on. Oh by the way, we increased the summoning costs to compensate for the increase in folder rate drops.

Doesnt that just undo what you just tried to fix?

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Lol pricesless, Sorry for the low folder drop, heres a fix so you can catchup on what you have missed out on. Oh by the way, we increased the summoning costs to compensate for the increase in folder rate drops.

Doesnt that just undo what you just tried to fix?

Not at all, it's brilliant!

PPl couldn't be bothered being in-game to get little to no drops. Now they have created an environment where you need plenty and you are encouraged by a higher drop rate (sufficiently so to have you in-game finding them). You MUST be in-game more now. That's the brilliance of it.

The idea is to have you in-game more. It has nothing to do with you getting sufficient numbers, making it fair or providing utility; that's all irrelevant to game design. In fact human intelligence is irrelevant to game design. Human psychology is very relevant.

Major Elvis Newton
02-19-2014, 07:28 PM

Are you seriously ****ing complaining about a high drop rate? WTF is wrong with you??? lol

Pee-Wee Herman
02-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Hey guys,

You pretty much said, " Here you go. We're doing something good." Then at the end you end with a big F-you :p.

Lord Green
02-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Boss health will increase by 75% They still have to make a profit out of this.

2000y2k
02-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Are you seriously ****ing complaining about a high drop rate? WTF is wrong with you??? lol

Nope not me. Lol

Jay02
02-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Apparently some people just like to complain for the sake of complaining. It's great that the folder drop rate has been increased. As for the boss health what did you expect? When haven't epic or raid bosses gone up in health between events? With the stat inflation now, if the boss always stayed the same strength, everyone would easily be able to do it, where's the challenge in that?

Socks
02-19-2014, 09:08 PM
Hey guys,

Drop rate goes up. Summoning cost goes up. It would seem this is a net zero, and thus pointless.

2000y2k
02-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Drop rate goes up. Summoning cost goes up. It would seem this is a net zero, and thus pointless.

Very true. It's a game that you can never get ahead in and only fall behind if your faction fails to hit most team events.

MackChumper
02-19-2014, 09:25 PM
The drop rate is currently at least 10x from what I have seen. 100+ folders in 24 hours. Let it rain! Let it rain! Let it rain!

02-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Omg how the hell can u guys complain they are dropping to much and gripe about bosses just say thank you and collect folders while there easy

Big she'd
02-19-2014, 09:41 PM
Lol faint wait for the raid boss to start , then next will come all the complaints asking for free folders , I can see it now

Asto
02-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Gree just can't win, can they? It's a good thing the drop rates have increased! I'd rather see 20-25k folders sat in my faction than a measly 1k and not being able to do anything. Also gives you the chance to farm bosses. Make the most of it before it's too late, chances won't come like this every raid boss event!!

Sherah
02-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Really OP???? STFU!!! The higher the drop rate the better!!! Why would you complain about that?? Ignore the original post GREE! Most people are happy about it, the people that are not won't be happy about anything...

Robespierre
02-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Not at all, it's brilliant!

PPl couldn't be bothered being in-game to get little to no drops. Now they have created an environment where you need plenty and you are encouraged by a higher drop rate (sufficiently so to have you in-game finding them). You MUST be in-game more now. That's the brilliance of it.

The idea is to have you in-game more. It has nothing to do with you getting sufficient numbers, making it fair or providing utility; that's all irrelevant to game design. In fact human intelligence is irrelevant to game design. Human psychology is very relevant.

He's right ya know...taking more time out of your day to be in game with randomized rewards...sometimes high, sometimes low. You never know when you have to take advantage, so you should be checking back often. You would hate to miss it right?

So before you know it, you're trapped, down in the proverbial hole tapping the lever on their skinner-box slot machine and they are extracting as much of your resources as possible.

Look up...ya know who's there, the one orchestrating the whole game, and they do not have your best interests in mind.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/934043e036f277efbdaf737fe5749088/tumblr_muni7f7XFH1s13iszo1_500.gif

The next crate event may even be opening baskets to collect lotion bottles. "Better luck next time" will be replaced with "now it gets the hose again."

You will be taken for all that you have without remorse.

Sherah
02-20-2014, 12:54 AM
The next crate event may even be opening baskets to collect lotion bottles. "Better luck next time" will be replaced with "now it gets the hose again.".

Haaaaa! Lol

Aks
02-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Seriously something wrong with some players they simply not happy with anything..
Or they just like making threads.. Whts the issue if folder drop rate is high.. Just start collecting and play..

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-20-2014, 04:07 AM
..... Whts the issue if folder drop rate is high.. Just start collecting and play..

"It rubs the lotion on its skin..."

Thief
02-20-2014, 08:10 AM

Clearly you don't understand the full mechanics of this.

#1 Drop rates are currently higher than the increase of the cost to summon (looking at it really only the lvl 100 bosses doubled while the others went up by a small margin...but the drop rate is 10X higher than that of before.

#2 before it was just better to buy folders than farm them (it cost me 20 gold for 1000 energy and i couldn't get a folder with even 3000 energy) Now it forces people to choose. Campers will have to buy more folders or they will have to get XP with it. So Campers will have to pay the price.

#3 The drop rates are subject to change at any second...so gree has put up the new standard on cost to summon (they will probably never reduce the cost) so the drop rates could go back to horrible while the cost is also higher.

In all Instances the net sum is NEVER ZERO

Sfritz1
02-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Why would you even say anything about the HIGH Drop rate? If something good is coming your way and GREEd doesn't say anything then don't open your mouth. You may have screwed over everyone who is benefiting from the drop rate. Just like the prestaging mess, people kept talking about it and GREEd put a stop to it, don't be a moron, keep your mouth shut when you are getting something good like this.

DFI
02-20-2014, 09:14 AM
And what they give, they can easily take away, so imagine running out of folders during the event and then realizing that farming folders just got tougher again. Would Gree do this? Of course they will. And people would buy especially if they are only a few levels away from getting the top prize....

Luuzer
02-20-2014, 01:15 PM
With the stat inflation now, if the boss always stayed the same strength, everyone would easily be able to do it, where's the challenge in that?

and if U see its unbeatable before U start, where is the challenge in that? Top teams have no probs, middle guys are screwed, smaller ones even more.

bradleyk
02-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Look up...ya know who's there, the one orchestrating the whole game, and they do not have your best interests in mind.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/934043e036f277efbdaf737fe5749088/tumblr_muni7f7XFH1s13iszo1_500.gif

The next crate event may even be opening baskets to collect lotion bottles. "Better luck next time" will be replaced with "now it gets the hose again."

You will be taken for all that you have without remorse.

Well said! Perfect movie reference, too!

GEMH
02-20-2014, 03:46 PM
The drop rates have been adjusted in an effort to better balance the event, while keeping things challenging. With newer events such as the Raid Boss, there may be several such adjustments until a good balance is achieved.

Sfritz1
02-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Of course there is always a reason for good things to happen in this game. You guys ALWAYS find a way to screw us again, dangling a high folder drop rate right in our faces then increase the summoning amount. Why wouldn't you increase the summoning rate, the players don't deserve any fair events. Sooooo....... in a sense the drop rate compared to the summoning rate is the same then, I take it? So how is this making up for any failed drop rates from the past? It doesn't, let this be lesson to all of you still playing this overrated ripoff game. If you catch something in the game and it's in your favor and it benefits you from not spending more (real) money SHUT YOUR FACES. Whoever started this thread is a moron and has probably cost everyone the benefit of having the high drop rate. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE RESPONSE OF THIS EMPLOYEE, THEY INCREASE THE DROP RATE TO "MAKE UP" FOR THE FAILING OF PAST EVENTS. BUT........... THEY INCREASED THE SUMMONING RATE.

Hey guys,

Socks
02-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Clearly you don't understand the full mechanics of this.

#1 Drop rates are currently higher than the increase of the cost to summon (looking at it really only the lvl 100 bosses doubled while the others went up by a small margin...but the drop rate is 10X higher than that of before.

#2 before it was just better to buy folders than farm them (it cost me 20 gold for 1000 energy and i couldn't get a folder with even 3000 energy) Now it forces people to choose. Campers will have to buy more folders or they will have to get XP with it. So Campers will have to pay the price.

#3 The drop rates are subject to change at any second...so gree has put up the new standard on cost to summon (they will probably never reduce the cost) so the drop rates could go back to horrible while the cost is also higher.

In all Instances the net sum is NEVER ZERO

Hey champ- I'm not coming down on you, so get off my ass. Keep your condescending tone for your children, ya feel me?

Shrinko
02-21-2014, 02:08 AM

Are you serious? Get a life. Gree can you take all the folders away from this dude and make him pay for them? What a shmack.

Shrinko
02-21-2014, 02:15 AM
The drop rates have been adjusted in an effort to better balance the event, while keeping things challenging. With newer events such as the Raid Boss, there may be several such adjustments until a good balance is achieved.
Don't even respond to this thread. This is the stupidest thread ever. Out of all the problems with the game, you guys are spending too much energy to even read the BS in this thread. Finally gree does something good and positive and some idiot desides to complain about it. Like I said, get a life, get a wife , get something. Following the airplane fiasco, gree had to find a way to give people folders because only people who used the glitch had a ton of folders while others had nothing. I just hope they wouldn't increase the amount required to summon. If they do, what's the point of increasing the drop rate? Give out more folders and then increase the cost of summoning? That doesn't make sense.

barrack
02-21-2014, 04:29 AM
Don't even respond to this thread. This is the stupidest thread ever. Out of all the problems with the game, you guys are spending too much energy to even read the BS in this thread. Finally gree does something good and positive and some idiot desides to complain about it. Like I said, get a life, get a wife , get something. Following the airplane fiasco, gree had to find a way to give people folders because only people who used the glitch had a ton of folders while others had nothing. I just hope they wouldn't increase the amount required to summon. If they do, what's the point of increasing the drop rate? Give out more folders and then increase the cost of summoning? That doesn't make sense.

It seems you don't know that you can see the event already. You can see all summon amounts there and damage etc.
Go to donate folders, donate more than you have, select "get more", there you go!

Stacey
02-21-2014, 06:45 AM
Read the earlier post. GREE has already increased the cost to summon. All they have done is require you to spend even more time tapping away to play their game.

Shrinko
02-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Read the earlier post. GREE has already increased the cost to summon. All they have done is require you to spend even more time tapping away to play their game.
Then why complain about the drop rate? If people are upset about the increase in the amount of folders required to summon the bosses, that should be the topic not the drop rate. It's like you get a raise at work and they increase the cafeteria charges, so people start complaining about getting more money instead of complaining about the increased charges. Makes no sense to me. Just make a separate thread and let this one die. Really the stupidest thread ever.