PDA

View Full Version : Length

Ser
02-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Gree this is what your doing to your company please fix it for you sake

Dutchie
02-19-2014, 01:10 PM
For a moment I thought it was a poll for the length of our poles...

Emmerich
02-19-2014, 01:13 PM
For a moment I thought it was a poll for the length of our poles...

I was going to point out that girth is far more important...

Thief
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM
I was going to point out that girth is far more important...

Tell that to a tree stump

2000y2k
02-19-2014, 01:16 PM
That's what she said?

Kefa
02-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Step 1: On iOS, open the App store
Step 2: Tap on "Top Charts"
Step 3: Tap on "Top Grossing" tab
Step 4: Scroll through the top 50, and see if there are any Gree games are in the list. If there are, they aren't going under anytime soon, so it's silly to even speculate such a thing.
Step 5: Repeat this process on the Saturday after WD starts.

I C STUFF
02-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Step 1: On iOS, open the App store
Step 2: Tap on "Top Charts"
Step 3: Tap on "Top Grossing" tab
Step 4: Scroll through the top 50, and see if there are any Gree games are in the list. If there are, they aren't going under anytime soon, so it's silly to even speculate such a thing.
Step 5: Repeat this process on the Saturday after WD starts.

There is no correlation between the popularity of FREE apps being downloaded to their profitability for the entity offering such app.

There are no reliable statistics indicating the use downloaded (or paid) APPS receive after their download.

The ONLY reason the download information is provided is to entice others into downloading the APPS.

If you want to know the financial stability of publicly traded corporations you won't find that information among download statistics.

Generik79
02-19-2014, 01:31 PM
There is no correlation between the popularity of FREE apps being downloaded to their profitability for the entity offering such app.

There are no reliable statistics indicating the use downloaded (or paid) APPS receive after their download.

The ONLY reason the download information is provided is to entice others into downloading the APPS.

If you want to know the financial stability of publicly traded corporations you won't find that information among download statistics.

He's talking about top grossing not downloads. However you are right there is no correlation to profitability. This poll should ask how long GREE will continue to host and develop the app modern war. Then I would vote.

I C STUFF
02-19-2014, 01:35 PM
He's talking about top grossing not downloads. However you are right there is no correlation to profitability. This poll should ask how long GREE will continue to host and develop the app modern war. Then I would vote.

Again, that information isn't revealed either.

The proper wording should be SPEND.

But, that doesn't account for what is known in the retail business as returns/refunds, or in the online business CHARGEBACKS and FRAUDULENT activity.

Kefa
02-19-2014, 01:36 PM

TOP GROSSING, not most downloaded. Re-read it. Of course, gross revenue doesn't necessarily equate to highest profit, or any profit for that matter, but if you have multiple apps resting soundly in the top 50 TOP GROSSING apps in all of iOS, plus revenue from Android users on top of that, it's likely you've got a pretty solid revenue foundation to work with.

I C STUFF
02-19-2014, 01:42 PM
TOP GROSSING, not most downloaded. Re-read it. Of course, gross revenue doesn't necessarily equate to highest profit, or any profit for that matter, but if you have multiple apps resting soundly in the top 50 TOP GROSSING apps in all of iOS, plus revenue from Android users on top of that, it's likely you've got a pretty solid revenue foundation to work with.

You are entitled to your opinion, sir.

You also entitled to your interpretation.

I'm sorry, I disagree.

Generik has it worked out, respect to all.

Generik79
02-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Again, that information isn't revealed either.

The proper wording should be SPEND.

But, that doesn't account for what is known in the retail business as returns/refunds, or in the online business CHARGEBACKS and FRAUDULENT activity.

As I say, no correlation to profitability both because of what u mentioned and because we don't know what the costs and overhead are for running this app. Believe it or not, I've been told these are hosted on high class servers in the valley. Not economically farmed out somewhere... If true, those are not cheap. And we know they engage in many frills that most companies left in the first half of the 20th century like in office meals and snacks. Imagine they must also pay competitive salaries. It adds up.

I C STUFF
02-19-2014, 01:56 PM
As I say, no correlation to profitability both because of what u mentioned and because we don't know what the costs and overhead are for running this app. Believe it or not, I've been told these are hosted on high class servers in the valley. Not economically farmed out somewhere... If true, those are not cheap. And we know they engage in many frills that most companies left in the first half of the 20th century like in office meals and snacks. Imagine they must also pay competitive salaries. It adds up.

All one needs to do is Google their last financial report.
The color is RED, not black.
This entire industry is in trouble.
A world wide gloomy economic picture, incomes down, taxes up, prices up, disposable income nonexistent; draw your own conclusion.
You won't find rappers, Hollywood types, , Warren Buffet, Billy Gates, or Carlos Slim playing these types of games.

thetruth
02-19-2014, 02:33 PM

Gree as a company is in terrible trouble. Their year-to-year revenues and profits are deeply in trouble. Their guidance is not good at all. Their Asian side of the business is in shambles.

You are correct about how "Gree" titles are in the top 50 grossing and making a lot of money on iTunes and even some on Google Play. They even have more titles when you take the top 125.

Why do I put "Gree" in quotes in my above statement? Because these are FUNZIO titles that Gree bought for $180-$200 million.

In summary, take the following:

1. Gree's as a business is in deep trouble, especially in Asia, they're doing good with their Funzio titles in North America and Europe which is softening their bad results.

2. Gree is bleeding their Funzio titles (MW, CC, KA, etc.) to make up for the lost revenue and profit from Asia and try to recuperate the $180-$200 million they spent over a year ago to acquire Funzio and their titles.

Gree is in big trouble, and if the iTunes and Google Play app they bought from Funzio go the way their Asian titles have, and their North American and European customers wake up as the Asian customers have, company is in very, very serious trouble.