PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to FarmVille

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Welcome to FarmVille where we farm you of cash while we have you believe you are the farmer.

FarmVille has he most insidious game design where players are not people but experiments that must be farmed for cash and constantly measured and $queezed.

That automatically leads to disrespect of people by the game designers.

Lord Green
02-18-2014, 08:24 PM
...where we farm you of cash while you think you're conquering the world.

Mr. Artois
02-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Welcome to FarmVille where we farm you of cash while we have you believe you are the farmer.

FarmVille has he most insidious game design where players are not people but experiments that must be farmed for cash and constantly measured and $queezed.

That automatically leads to disrespect of people by the game designers.

Loving that signature lmao

Robespierre
02-18-2014, 11:04 PM
"Many of today's console games exert a time crush. They demand tens or even hundreds of hours of attention to complete, some or most of which often feels empty. In that respect, one could argue that many games seem to destroy time. But social games do something even more violent—they also destroy the time we spend away from them."
--Ian Bogost http://www.bogost.com/blog/cow_clicker_1.shtml

Go collect your buildings before they're raided, check back in when your energy re-fills, and it's war weekend--your faction needs your help.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-48mgzY8glhQ/ThIIvwXyXsI/AAAAAAAALIo/LR_BZDNudGA/s1600/084-016sucker.jpg

Friends: Recognize the manipulation, and make an informed decision. Designers: Treat your players like the evolved and sentient humans they are, show some respect, in any form.

Smoke is coming from the Colosseum, and the plebeians have neither their bread, nor their circuses...

I C STUFF
02-18-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm afraid your entreaties fall on blind eyes and deaf ears.
This information has been presented many times, by many people.

The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him. - Leo Tolstoy

Memento mori—remember death! These are important words. If we kept in mind that we will soon inevitably die, our lives would be completely different. If a person knows that he will die in a half hour, he certainly will not bother doing trivial, stupid, or, especially, bad things during this half hour. Perhaps you have half a century before you die—what makes this any different from a half hour? -Leo Tolstoy

People try to do all sorts of clever and difficult things to improve life instead of doing the simplest, easiest thing—refusing to participate in activities that make life bad.
- Leo Tolstoy

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means -- except by getting off his back. - Leo Tolstoy

Dutchie
02-19-2014, 12:20 AM
Moo moo moo!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-19-2014, 06:19 AM
So, who are the Hackers of FarmVille

Is it the Player that understands the computer code of the FarmVille Game Designer so he can hack into the game to manipulate an outcome.

Or is it the Game Designer who understands the FarmVille Player psychology so he can hack into the player psychologically, to manipulate for money.

Who would be the parasite.

Lancerdually
02-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Moo moo moo!
Best post yet on this thread MOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dutchie
02-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Best post yet on this thread MOOOOOOOOOOOO Translating cow speak it says "We, the players, are the cows getting milked in some grand social experiment"... MOOOO!

If you don't feel that way, you either haven't sunk enough money into this game or you enjoy the mindless tapping of buttons that really don't achieve a lot in the end. We usually play games to win which was at one time determined by the hours you put in and the skills you attained from doing so. Now it seems to be veering towards the pay to win model. In order to win you need to spend huge sums of money.

Is that really where we want gaming to go?