PDA

View Full Version : Glitches are part of the game

thundarr
02-18-2014, 06:15 AM
MW is an incredibly complex game and to keep us interested they throw in new types of game play and glitches can and do occur. If they changed nothing and left the same events month after month everyone would complain its boring. It just part and parcel of things. Look at the glitches on the airlines giving away tickets for a fraction of their value, these are huge companies thousands of times larger than Gree and they make mistakes too. I have been playing for 18 months and there have been a few glitches and those that benefited were happy and those that missed out were not. If you are unhappy with the way things happen then quit or play a different game. I tried a different game Cla** o* ***ns and there are very few glitches but the game is boring, the match ups way worse than WD ever was and once you make a mistake and build up your base too fast you can not go back or reset and all your time and money is wasted. You become a target for the enjoyment of others and can't delete your account. Is MW perfect, no, will it ever be perfect, no. But it is enjoyable, with constantly changing game play. If you can find another game with similar game play, that costs little or nothing to play and is constantly evolving than by all means go play it. I have tried a few (mostly from the videos on here) and they don't compare. For those that stay its great to have you for those who decide to leave (and return to RL) I wish you all the best.

Generik79
02-18-2014, 07:19 AM
You are right, to a degree. But your rightness doesn't paper over the incredibly consistent errors in events running on long existing event frameworks. I doubt any game has such problems as this...none in my experience. WD has run for how long? Last war droid, well, you know... And the real problem is the communication and service. Anyone in business will tell you how far those two things go in making up for just about anything other than stealing people's money. When you add to these problems an increasing cost (in gold) by multiples for events, with income (gold) cost fixed, you end up with something that in RL and here can only end one way if not fixed.

Evil Mastermind
02-18-2014, 07:33 AM
I agree with these points. The problem is many have spent so much money they have higher expectations with regard to value for money spent. Anyone that has been around for more than 6 months should know by now how this game works or doesn't work depending upon your glass half full or half empty interpretation.

If you are free player then there is likely never any concern over these problems. Medium spenders probably get irritated but it subsides rather quickly, dismiss it, and move forward. Large spenders probably have the highest potential for concern and rightfully so.

However, everyone (as you stated) has a choice. The key is to find the balance. Nothing will ever be perfect. So knowing that.... if you can't accept the bugs, glitches, hacks, then move on to something else. The other alternative is to find the level of spending (or stop spending) that doesn't bother you WHEN (not if) things go wrong.

Cheers!
Evil M. ;)

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Please don't tell me how I should feel.

I am unhappy having lost considerable funds pre-staging the last LTE that was promptly reset and no compensation or explanation.

I am unhappy that I had 150+ bosses down and was reset to 20+ with no compensation or explanation.

And don't tell me what I should do. I will do as I wish. I have no business telling you what you should do or how you should feel about anything.

If you are happy then that's great. Just respect that others legitimately may not feel that way from time to time for their own good reasons. I have mine on this occasion. I don't expect perfection here either.

buckshot
02-18-2014, 07:39 AM
What happened over the weekend wasn't a glitch. It was a major developer error. They are supposed to use beta testing to work out any bugs they may have before they release any event. The mess that happened over the weekend is unacceptable. Gree developers have finally hit rock bottom. If I screwed up at my job at the rate their programmers do if be fired already.

Lancerdually
02-18-2014, 07:45 AM
What happened over the weekend wasn't a glitch. It was a major developer error. They are supposed to use beta testing to work out any bugs they may have before they release any event. The mess that happened over the weekend is unacceptable. Gree developers have finally hit rock bottom. If I screwed up at my job at the rate their programmers do if be fired already.

Agree 100%........... they KNOW it beyond doubt and are unwilling to at least admit to it...... hence the mods on this forum being closed mouthed for days now!
It's all good though....many of are about to win........ BIG

Evil Mastermind
02-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Please don't tell me how I should feel.

I am unhappy having lost considerable funds pre-staging the last LTE that was promptly reset and no compensation or explanation.

I am unhappy that I had 150+ bosses down and was reset to 20+ with no compensation or explanation.

And don't tell me what I should do. I will do as I wish. I have no business telling you what you should do or how you should feel about anything.

If you are happy then that's great. Just respect that others legitimately may not feel that way from time to time for their own good reasons. I have mine on this occasion. I don't expect perfection here either.

Of course you are upset. When you realize that your personal experience of dissatisfaction is the norm and not the exception then you will realize there are only two logical outcomes...acceptance or walking away. The reality is this game has always had problems. It just so happened you got the short end if stick this time. Next time maybe not...but there is always that potential of problems with this game. It will continue to have problems simply because proper protocols are either not in place or not being followed when releasing/pushing new content.

I'm not telling you what to do other than giving some friendly advice. Being mad want change anything. GREE doesn't care if ur mad or not. So for your own good, accept the reality of the situation and either reduce spending or stop spending. Those are really your only options. When you play for free, all the problems really don't matter. Everything else is an exercise in futility.

VSH
02-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Been seeing lots of comments lately about energy hacks on IOS devices. At the risk of this threAd getting locked down or getting booted from the forum, are these rumours true? What is this airplane mode glitch?

If the reality is that I have been spending gold while others cheat, I will be a rather unhappy camper....

Mongo
02-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Evil Mastermind nailed it, with low expectations comes freedom. No matter who you are in this game you can beat someone and be beaten by someone else. The "winning" is separated by gold spending, period. Get over the need to "win" everything everytime and you can laugh it off.

This is not to say GREE shouldn't be trying to do better, like anyone running any business. But remember this is a free game, and personally I feel like I am getting more than what I pay for.

Badvock
02-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Been seeing lots of comments lately about energy hacks on IOS devices. At the risk of this threAd getting locked down or getting booted from the forum, are these rumours true? What is this airplane mode glitch?

If the reality is that I have been spending gold while others cheat, I will be a rather unhappy camper....

I couldn't help think of the ostrich with its head in the sand. If i cant see it, its not happening.

General Luke
02-18-2014, 01:09 PM
Agree 100%........... they KNOW it beyond doubt and are unwilling to at least admit to it...... hence the mods on this forum being closed mouthed for days now!
It's all good though....many of are about to win........ BIG

I think it is not an issue of willingness but rather an issue of legality. If they admit to anything, it would be used as evidence to secure massive refunds from iTunes and Google Play. That is why CJ continues to deny that glitches even exist while developers are trying hard to release patches for the loopholes...coverup at its best...except even the patches have glitches!

twinstorm15
02-18-2014, 02:52 PM
My only thought on the matter is that glitches and flaws in the game, or any product for that matter, happen typically due to a rush to market. The fact that GREE is trying to fix previous glitches introduced in previous releases, as well as roll-out new functionality in the game, and also keep us all spending money to buy gold to finish these ridiculous back to back overlapping high energy draining LTQ events to keep up with the stat inflation to be ready for the WD events......no wonder there are issues. Advice to GREE: Take a step back and fix your problems, give the MW community a 2 to 5 day window between events to take a breather, and give your developers the time needed to again, FIX YOUR PROBLEMS.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Of course you are upset. When you realize that your personal experience of dissatisfaction is the norm and not the exception then you will realize there are only two logical outcomes...acceptance or walking away. The reality is this game has always had problems. It just so happened you got the short end if stick this time. Next time maybe not...but there is always that potential of problems with this game. It will continue to have problems simply because proper protocols are either not in place or not being followed when releasing/pushing new content.

I'm not telling you what to do other than giving some friendly advice. Being mad want change anything. GREE doesn't care if ur mad or not. So for your own good, accept the reality of the situation and either reduce spending or stop spending. Those are really your only options. When you play for free, all the problems really don't matter. Everything else is an exercise in futility.

That post wasn't meant for you MM. You were posting as I was typing.