PDA

View Full Version : Flushing the baby

Ferr
02-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Due to the inflation of gold purchasing (purchasing gold at 5 to 10% of the original value) on the one hand and the rather serious wish to earn a lot in a very short period of time on the other, we have evolved into a continuous inflatory line of high gold spending events. Legitimate players pay the highest price but now illigitimate players with limited pockets are hurt as well. Even spending on a 5 or 10% level is costing them money finishing all events. Is this bad? Of course it is not. However, in the Netherlands we have a saying for this: flushing the baby together with the bathing water. Translate that for starters ;)
Yours,

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Due to the inflation of gold purchasing (purchasing gold at 5 to 10% of the original value) on the one hand and the rather serious wish to earn a lot in a very short period of time on the other, we have evolved into a continuous inflatory line of high gold spending events. Legitimate players pay the highest price but now illigitimate players with limited pockets are hurt as well. Even spending on a 5 or 10% level is costing them money finishing all events. Is this bad? Of course it is not. However, in the Netherlands we have a saying for this: flushing the baby together with the bathing water. Translate that for starters ;)
Yours,
Ferr! Its nice that your posting again. How's the poker?

2000y2k
02-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Too funny. Started laughing at the title alone.

True. The Omega War Chopper released during the period most refer to now as the start of Stat Inflation costed close to 3 vaults and came with a +4 energy per minute bonus. Now a unit that would normally cost at least that much (if it were not for a big that was never addressed for two days) provides just a +1 energy per minute increase.

Not that energy regen means much any more because the LTQs are now based almost entirely on NPCs that come out when the events start and only limited use of original NPCs.

It is what it is and the lack of communication from this company still surprises me to this day.

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:10 PM
It is what it is and the lack of communication from this company still surprises me to this day.
It really shouldn't surprise you.You can expect the same thing from GREE all the time.

Ferr
02-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Ferr! Its nice that your posting again. How's the poker?
The poker is nice, I am actually gaining some and have similar fun. Missing the forum though. I wonder if my OP is fully understood lol. Anyway, guest appearances in this game only and some fair warnings to you all.
Yours,

2000y2k
02-17-2014, 03:27 PM
It really shouldn't surprise you.You can expect the same thing from GREE all the time.

It's just funny you know the MODs are reading all these threads and have made the decision that no communication is the right way to Handel it all. I saw one post about 1.5 hours ago on a thread not related to all these people wanting answers about the LTQ.

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:32 PM
The poker is nice, I am actually gaining some and have similar fun. Missing the forum though. I wonder if my OP is fully understood lol. Anyway, guest appearances in this game only and some fair warnings to you all.
Yours,
It's nice that you found a different addiction while we're still stuck with MW :o. This game has really changed from the good 'ol days of Funzio. And the days where 100/100 units were considered amazing.

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:34 PM
It's just funny you know the MODs are reading all these threads and have made the decision that no communication is the right way to Handel it all. I saw one post about 1.5 hours ago on a thread not related to all these people wanting answers about the LTQ.
That has always been the way MODs have run this forum. Its repetitive with the same old responses in threads and tickets.

2000y2k
02-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Very true. They are just waiting for the next bug (aka event) so this will pass.

If they would just communicate what is going to happen at least we can all start to move on.

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Very true. They are just waiting for the next bug (aka event) so this will pass.
Yes. They cover their mistakes with another mistake.

mrgreen
02-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Yes. They cover their mistakes with another mistake.

It's worked for them 367 times so far......

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:48 PM
It's worked for them 367 times so far......
Let's be honest. Its WAY more than 367 times :cool:.

Pidgeot
02-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Is nice to hear from you again Ferr and such a big shot speaking up about this issue. I do thing the cost of gold used to finish events is stupid. 100 bucks for 1500 gold is a rip off. For 100 bucks, it should be about 20000 gold. The price of things that require gold also went up.

Something does need to be done about this.

mrgreen
02-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Let's be honest. Its WAY more than 367 times :cool:.

I was being kind and only taking the past 24 hours into account........😃

Ferr
02-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Is nice to hear from you again Ferr and such a big shot speaking up about this issue. I do thing the cost of gold used to finish events is stupid. 100 bucks for 1500 gold is a rip off. For 100 bucks, it should be about 20000 gold. The price of things that require gold also went up.

Something does need to be done about this.
In order to prevent the complete taking over of hackers, the one and only way to do this is to take away the current extreme profibility to hack. This can be done as you suggested and will happen once the legit players form a minority. Just watch the gold price, when it drops you will know why ;)

TheEvolution
02-17-2014, 04:28 PM
It's been a cold winter in the Midwest. I have enjoyed playing up to the last few months when spending and gold requirements suddenly skyrocketed for events. I know that when the sun decides to heat my region above 32 degrees and I can see the grass again, this game will be getting the delete and good riddance response. Ppl spend like crazy and I know at that time I will be contacting iTunes for my refund of $4000+ spent in the past 6 months. You would think these buffoons at Gree would deliver a product that doesn't result in countless refunds from iTunes for poor management. It WILL bite them in the a$$ eventually. Arms Cartel Global had it's app pulled for similar reasons, was a gold mine but mgmt thought walking all over it's customer base would keep their game in the black forever. Nope, company collapsed and bought by another. There's a little foresight for ya Gree...

Elite Enforcer
02-17-2014, 04:33 PM
It's been a cold winter in the Midwest. I have enjoyed playing up to the last few months when spending and gold requirements suddenly skyrocketed for events. I know that when the sun decides to heat my region above 32 degrees and I can see the grass again, this game will be getting the delete and good riddance response. Ppl spend like crazy and I know at that time I will be contacting iTunes for my refund of $4000+ spent in the past 6 months. You would think these buffoons at Gree would deliver a product that doesn't result in countless refunds from iTunes for poor management. It WILL bite them in the a$$ eventually. Arms Cartel Global had it's app pulled for similar reasons, was a gold mine but mgmt thought walking all over it's customer base would keep their game in the black forever. Nope, company collapsed and bought by another. There's a little foresight for ya Gree...

Nice post man.

JerseyGirl
02-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Hey Ferr, i'm new here, and don't know anything about you, what stats you had in MW?

I C STUFF
02-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey Ferr, i'm new here, and don't know anything about you, what stats you had in MW?

Mr. Ferr is not known for stats, although he is certainly amongst the top 10-15% of the highest player stats-wise.
Mr. Ferr built his reputation for unique game play.
He is the EMPEROR of all auction events, with very deep pockets.
He also founded The Emperors, now known as TKO.
He stands among the top 10 legends of this game.

Major Elvis Newton
02-17-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm of the opinion that this game will just new players to replace the ones who quit. All of this chest beating just amounts to about as much as those schemes to not buy gasoline for a day to somehow hurt oil companies. It's cooked up by small, vocal minorities and doesn't really work.

amir1974
02-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Yours,

well said bro , and welcome back , nice to see some old forumites back

Apollo13
02-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Good to know that this event has even forced a retired player to speak up. This mean that this event is really really bad. It's poorly thought out, poorly executed and poorly supported. Well, to not even want to come out and say something about it only means that the customers ain't even important. It's just saying to everyone, "shut up, put up with it. Take it or leave it. All we want to know is how many vault we can squeeze out of you all."

King little fruit fly
02-17-2014, 09:38 PM
C'mon, you would think the gree senior management cares about your game experience and fun, nope it only cares about the revenue or how much it can milk you. The LTQ is getting impossible to finish with reasonable amount of yellow brick, doesn't matter what regen boost you have; so why bother with LTQ or other gold intensive events. Our best option is to listen to PJ and the Cartel's opinion and work together.;)

And please don't blame the Mod(s) here, $$$ talks.:(

Apollo13
02-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Mr. Ferr is not known for stats, although he is certainly amongst the top 10-15% of the highest player stats-wise.
Mr. Ferr built his reputation for unique game play.
He is the EMPEROR of all auction events, with very deep pockets.
He also founded The Emperors, now known as TKO.
He stands among the top 10 legends of this game.

I can add that you can always depend on him to get the job done for faction events.

Dutchie
02-18-2014, 02:35 AM
http://youtu.be/SqFu5O-oPmU

Most of you probably won't watch this lecture from Jonathan Blow titled Video Games and the Human Condition. As quoted "These games are farming players"... Game designers have a responsibility and need to be responsible. GREE is everything but... It is a trap to get farmed and GREE are doing a great job in that respect!

Gringo
02-18-2014, 03:49 AM
It will be interesting watching the WD scores, will we see a drastic change?
I have seen a fair number of people revert to gold free play lately. I think we will see the same scores in top 25, but expect a drastic fall in scores in the top 50/100.

Dutchie
02-18-2014, 04:17 AM
It will be interesting watching the WD scores, will we see a drastic change?I have seen a fair number of people revert to gold free play lately. I think we will see the same scores in top 25, but expect a drastic fall in scores in the top 50/100. Did you see the scores in CC this weekend gone, between AOW and SAS?... As long as people keep throwing money at this pile of poo for an excuse of a game, nothing will change. Why would they change? They are rolling in the money from us dumb sheeple, milking us dry for every cent possible.

There are far better games out there if you cared to look... but you won't as you are sucked in to feed your OCD and addiction.

It is all hypothetical as to what the scores will be... in the end when it comes down to the crunch, our human behaviour will ensure that we will still click on that buy gold button! I know it, you know it, they know it.

There is no such thing as a free player as they will always try to convert you into a paying one. Some can resist all temptation but for most I dare say, we have all hit that buy button and it doesn't matter at what level you play at. If you haven't purchased, there will be times when you were tempted. GREE are preying on this weakness.

Evil Mastermind
02-18-2014, 05:02 AM
I must admit I miss the old days of mudslinging between you and the sea-fairing union. Forum isn't quite the same without that in-game rivalry. It was fun to follow the action here in the forum. Hope all is well.

Gringo
02-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Did you see the scores in CC this weekend gone, between AOW and SAS?... As long as people keep throwing money at this pile of poo for an excuse of a game, nothing will change. Why would they change? They are rolling in the money from us dumb sheeple, milking us dry for every cent possible.

There are far better games out there if you cared to look... but you won't as you are sucked in to feed your OCD and addiction.

It is all hypothetical as to what the scores will be... in the end when it comes down to the crunch, our human behaviour will ensure that we will still click on that buy gold button! I know it, you know it, they know it.

There is no such thing as a free player as they will always try to convert you into a paying one. Some can resist all temptation but for most I dare say, we have all hit that buy button and it doesn't matter at what level you play at. If you haven't purchased, there will be times when you were tempted. GREE are preying on this weakness.

Deleted CC and KA a long time ago, built my MW account to a decent lvl so will never nuke my base. But i have brought my last gold brick. Now my only goal is to keep working on my iph. You are right most will keep getting sucked in. 😳

Ferr
02-18-2014, 06:27 AM
Do not bother about the WD event as that particular event radiates direct causality between hacking on the one hand and incurring damages to legit players on the other. Future focus will be on solo and faction events without direct opponents where the causality as described is less eminent. Capiche? ;)
Yours,

Generik79
02-18-2014, 06:51 AM
Do not bother about the WD event as that particular event radiates direct causality between hacking on the one hand and incurring damages to legit players on the other. Future focus will be on solo and faction events without direct opponents where the causality as described is less eminent. Capiche? ;)
Yours,

I certainly understand your point. However, where I learned the value of WD event was when I stopped trying to be top dogs or close. Below a certain ranking, WD is the best value in the game....if there is any. You don't see yourself balloon in stats as much but you can quietly pile up bonuses then feed them with individual events as you suggest. However, this is the long game, and with the increasing cost of individual events, I'm not sure the smart one.

rutty
02-18-2014, 07:40 AM
It is "Throwing the baby out with the bathwater" here in the UK.

There are more and more babies being thrown out with less bathwater these days

Sami406
02-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Yes they are throwing the baby out with the water lol and flushing any chances down the toliet

Die14
02-18-2014, 08:44 AM
https://games.gree-support.net/requests/1392505

Steven123
02-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Does it mean getting rid of the good while doing away with the bad while you are trying to improve something? Had to google this, it was going to drive me crazy all day.

whitefire
02-18-2014, 12:31 PM
That's a fair interpretation of the dutch saying, yes. Lol. You could of course have just asked on this forum what it means. Plenty of dutchies around.