PDA

View Full Version : What Gree Should Do

Cow
02-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Ok Gree looks pretty obvious you just can't keep the game clean from glitches and errors and all sorts of release problems etc, etc, etc.

Why not slow down a bit and get things fixed? We don't need so many events, and war does not need to be every 3 weeks.

Take all those suggestions you got from post last couple weeks and put them on the back burner.

First get this very error prone and glitch filled game fixed. Get the product correct. Then maybe you can have better customer service when issues do arrive.

Releasing multiple error prone events on a weekend when no one is around really does not make sense, does it? This is really a joke. And asking us for patience and understanding is even more of a joke. Lets use some of that transparency that you said would happen and address these major issues. NOW!

Agent1200
02-17-2014, 12:13 PM
+1 to this!

free play
02-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Ok Gree looks pretty obvious you just can't keep the game clean from glitches and errors and all sorts of release problems etc, etc, etc.

Why not slow down a bit and get things fixed? We don't need so many events, and war does not need to be every 3 weeks.

Take all those suggestions you got from post last couple weeks and put them on the back burner.

First get this very error prone and glitch filled game fixed. Get the product correct. Then maybe you can have better customer service when issues do arrive.

Releasing multiple error prone events on a weekend when no one is around really does not make sense, does it? This is really a joke. And asking us for patience and understanding is even more of a joke. Lets use some of that transparency that you said would happen and address these major issues. NOW!

Wishful thinking, ticket sent and the response was the same message that was posted on a different tread, copy and paste, didn't even take out the it's a weekend part

TheDanimal
02-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Revenues are down & wd events are their biggest money makers. Makes sense why they shortened the cycles. What baffles me is that they have an army of beta testers. Did they just not use them?
I would love for someone who develops for a living to comment on this... How hard can it really be to release an update with no major bugs?

Angronmagne
02-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Releasing multiple error prone events

Revenues are down

Well, duh.

andy2
02-17-2014, 01:22 PM
I write code, although not specifically for mobile games. I really cant imagine that it is too hard. You have production servers with production code. You have QA servers with development code. You test upcoming events on QA servers.. if everything is good you promote QA to Production. Rinse and repeat. Yes, small bugs usually get through and are patched, but there is no excuse for major gameplay issues if you are testing at all.

Revenues are down & wd events are their biggest money makers. Makes sense why they shortened the cycles. What baffles me is that they have an army of beta testers. Did they just not use them?
I would love for someone who develops for a living to comment on this... How hard can it really be to release an update with no major bugs?

Angronmagne
02-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Yes, small bugs usually get through and are patched, but there is no excuse for major gameplay issues if you are testing at all.Especially considering that they aren't exactly reinventing the wheel for every new event. Its the same basic framework they run time after time -- the glitches should be getting smoothed out, not getting worse.

Speakingthetruth
02-17-2014, 01:46 PM
I write code, although not specifically for mobile games. I really cant imagine that it is too hard. You have production servers with production code. You have QA servers with development code. You test upcoming events on QA servers.. if everything is good you promote QA to Production. Rinse and repeat. Yes, small bugs usually get through and are patched, but there is no excuse for major gameplay issues if you are testing at all.

Ding ding ding! I'm right there with you! I do this for a living as well and it's MIND BLOWING that this type of product is being released. Not to mention a brand new event with ZERO tech support over a weekend. If my company released such sup par products all hell would break loose. For the folks that write code and dev for a living, I CANNOT wait till the "MODS/DEVS" release a statement. How in the world is anyone going to take what they say as creditable?

bradleyk
02-17-2014, 01:54 PM
sup par products

Interesting typo you have there... sup

1GaDawg85
02-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Can't take these goons serious any more

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:03 PM

This is a very good point. But we all know GREE is too busy counting money and screwing us up. They won't do this because they just flat-out don't care about our satisfaction.

WarMachine
02-17-2014, 03:29 PM
If you want to send a message to Gree all everyone has to do is come together and not spend a single gold bar on raid boss. Of course that will never happen.

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:37 PM
If you want to send a message to Gree all everyone has to do is come together and not spend a single gold bar on raid boss.
The Raid Boss? More like every event. Just going gold free in one event isn't gonna change GREE's way of running the game.

WarMachine
02-17-2014, 05:42 PM
The Raid Boss? More like every event. Just going gold free in one event isn't gonna change GREE's way of running the game.

Well the raid boss is the next big event, which is why I said raid boss. The point was just getting people to do just one let alone any.

iamnasty
02-17-2014, 05:47 PM

I have a friend by the name of 'I am cow' but he does not moo, only me moo, and any chance both of you are related or some kind of bloodline to his ???

p/s - if you don't moo, very great chance in some way both of you are related, have a look again in your cow's family tree....moo :D

Grizz875
02-17-2014, 06:25 PM
What GREE should do... How bout even acknowledging the problems? There hasn't been a peep out of a mod for about 20 hours. You don't like working on weekends? Boo-hoo. Ignoring issues/ customers for 72 hours of total chaos is an awful decision.

lobie1kenobie
02-17-2014, 06:31 PM
Wow Cow figured this post would be deleted and you'd be banned.... again. Hahahaha

WarMachine
02-17-2014, 06:57 PM
I started playing this game six months ago. I was able to get my stats up quickly spending $200-$300 dollars a month. I moved up throw the factions and found a top 100 team during Turkey. I was invited into a chat room with 1000's of players and most were talking about this epic boss glitch. I was busy this weekend and missed my opportunity but that didn't bother me. What I found out that there has been Apple users completing the LTQ and FLTQ events pretty much for free using this Air plane mode every since IOS 7 came out. What I want to know is how is Gree going to do to fix this. I put time and a lot of money to get my stats where they are and people have been getting multiple free bonus units every month. This needs to get fixed. Start with the top 500 teams I'm sure there's thousands.

So your upset at the people who found a way to even the playing field with gree and all thier greedy gold digging events, but you are not upset with gree for the way they have handled all situations and glitches. The fact that you spend $300 a month to play a game should be a wake up call to you that something is wrong.

Spazer
02-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Why is GREE continuously implementing this game?!?!?!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Interesting typo you have there... sup

You missed the obvious one BK. Creditable should be credible.

TheDanimal
02-18-2014, 02:14 AM

Could this be the result of Gree trying to save money? They are laying off staff all over the world, so I'm sure they are pinching pennies where they can. How much could they be saving by skipping these steps? Enough to explain why these events roll out with major bugs?

Waiting
02-18-2014, 04:18 AM
Neo, iOS is not the only who's had an energy glitch. I saw interesting pics of a certain "unicorn" finishing events with 0 gold spent on android device.

Yes Android players can glitch easily using a previous version of MW. All you need to do is roll back. You would think it would be a simple patch but nooooo.

Cow
02-18-2014, 05:06 AM
No not related to I am a cow haha....thats my name I am not one :)

SO.......no answer from Gree. Nice.

And still an energy glitch and a LE building glitch....

free play
02-18-2014, 05:11 AM
No not related to I am a cow haha....thats my name I am not one :)

SO.......no answer from Gree. Nice.

And still an energy glitch and a LE building glitch....

LE building glitch ?

Cow
02-18-2014, 05:12 AM
Yes word is that these older versions of android also allow you to get some of the old LE buidlings

Grizz875
02-18-2014, 05:16 AM
How about just suspending ltqs all together until they can get their stuff together...sometime next decade

Kannon11
02-18-2014, 05:24 AM

I really agree with your points. I think Gree should go back to the drawing board on this game, that is Modern War and implement some of the really useful and productive comments that are posted on this forum and re-invent the game.

This title is heading for a big disaster at the moment, if its to continue its current route. There's so many things that needs to be addressed that its impossible to accomplish while maintaining events 365 days a year.

I think GREE should take the time to fix its issues, and implement ideas its being promising and come back as a title where customers don't mind spending on. If GREE has a long term vision of this game and cares enough to lift its profit margins, then they should ACT NOW, and re-assess their contents, fix bugs and focus on customer satisfaction, because as of now, Modern war has neither...

Lancerdually
02-18-2014, 06:00 AM
Time to go NUCLEAR

Evil Mastermind
02-18-2014, 07:43 AM

You hit the nail on the head. "The test part.. And if everything is ok..." then u push it live. I don't think it's a lack of testing. I think it's a lack of proper testing. Too eager to keep up the constant cycle of events. Too eager trying to earn profits and meet quarterly goals. Yes small bugs can happen, but these nonstop problems are not minor bugs. These are major issues as result of sloppy programming and improper testing before live release. In the long run, it will be the game's demise.

TheDanimal
02-18-2014, 08:37 AM
My guess? The focus has shifted away from mw & on to some new title

Sami406
02-18-2014, 08:38 AM
You are right

Lancerdually
02-18-2014, 10:44 AM
After finding out that thousands of players have been cheating I thought about how they have ruined this game for everyone. They have used airplane mode to collect every LTQ and FLTQ bonus units for free for a very long time. This gave them unreal stats where they can easily beat Epic and Raid bosses for free. Collecting another free bonus unit. Then they join Steak teams and Top factions during war where they are untouchable and collect even more prizes. Its time for Gree to do the great purge and make this game fun for the honest players.

The SPMAINATOR :rolleyes:

free play
02-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Come out and explain there one and only response over 36 hrs ago

WarMachine
02-18-2014, 11:25 AM
After finding out that thousands of players have been cheating I thought about how they have ruined this game for everyone. They have used airplane mode to collect every LTQ and FLTQ bonus units for free for a very long time. This gave them unreal stats where they can easily beat Epic and Raid bosses for free. Collecting another free bonus unit. Then they join Steak teams and Top factions during war where they are untouchable and collect even more prizes. Its time for Gree to do the great purge and make this game fun for the honest players.

You are really butt hurt about this aren't you. You can keep posting about it over and over, but it's not going to change the many many things wrong with this game

CAPT.GIN
02-18-2014, 11:48 AM

Yes this is a great idea! I been back for a couple days now and even though I am not spending no money, all these events have issues in them! Gree is doing way to much at once and still not listening to there customers! They need to take a page out of supercell'a book because last time I checked clash of clans and candy crush and there other games were bringing in all the money and there customers are happy... Just saying gree

Wufnu
02-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Hehe..... Been playing this game for over a year now and the posts on this forum haven't changed a bit. 😏

Cow
02-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Worse...

Please answer if we can get some changes Gree:)

Generik79
02-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Shudder it! Relish the thought.

It will come as a surprise one day like full deck. 2-6 weeks notice. Spend your gold now. Game done. Maybe not today or next month, but out of the blue it will come.

Angronmagne
02-19-2014, 01:26 PM
My guess? The focus has shifted away from mw & on to some new titleI think that's pretty obvious. They really aren't even trying anymore.

I C STUFF
02-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Shudder it! Relish the thought.

It will come as a surprise one day like full deck. 2-6 weeks notice. Spend your gold now. Game done. Maybe not today or next month, but out of the blue it will come.

Congratulations, you comprehend the entire situation.

Please, do what you can to enlighten others.

Cow
02-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Thats why everyone needs to think hard about what you need to do :)

Wufnu
02-19-2014, 05:16 PM
You guys just don't get it. By having a small number of people get through 200 bosses easily and then fixing the glitch anyone who uses gold is going to be spending it like crazy to play catch up. Sounds like a game plan not a screw up to me.

free play
02-19-2014, 11:35 PM
You guys just don't get it. By having a small number of people get through 200 bosses easily and then fixing the glitch anyone who uses gold is going to be spending it like crazy to play catch up. Sounds like a game plan not a screw up to me.

Could be and I think there was some kind of response last night, still waiting for a proper post on the subject, 4 days later and notting, it's a disgrace also there so silence is a sign that if you find a glitch use it and we will do notting

Asto
02-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Sell all the games and be done with it. Would make everyone happier, including Gree themselves

Thedeadsg
02-20-2014, 09:34 AM
ONE of the worst technical support I encountered so far. LOST my bloody account for 2 weeks submitted numerous tickets and ONLY 2 staffs replied for information to enable them to transfer my lost account back during an IOS update. And NO FURTHER REPLY or UPDATE after WHICH BEST! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:The day I quit this stupid GAME is the DAY five other gold players leaving with me. As I am like a teacher to them in the game....... I am reaching the point of quitting this stupid game. Since I CANNOT PLAY ****.....

Luuzer
02-20-2014, 01:17 PM
ONE of the worst technical support I encountered so far. LOST my bloody account for 2 weeks submitted numerous tickets and ONLY 2 staffs replied for information to enable them to transfer my lost account back during an IOS update. And NO FURTHER REPLY or UPDATE after WHICH BEST! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:The day I quit this stupid GAME is the DAY five other gold players leaving with me. As I am like a teacher to them in the game....... I am reaching the point of quitting this stupid game. Since I CANNOT PLAY ****.....

they have a technical support? I knew they have an autobot that gives random replies and closes tickets....

Thedeadsg
02-20-2014, 06:58 PM
they have a technical support? I knew they have an autobot that gives random replies and closes tickets....

I think they just can't be bother with players and just concern how to earn more from the game...... GREE have to understand this ****, is players are where your income is coming from. When players start leaving u can kiss your game goodbye.

theprophet1
02-20-2014, 09:02 PM
I vote that Gree should go smoke the largest pole that they can find

clown
02-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Enough is enough with these imbeciles

Being a Japanese company they should resurrect an old custom of seppuku starting with the CEO all the way down for shameful way they handle everything.

Unfortunately they will classically do NOTHING BUT MAKE IT WORSE

And when all is said and done and this come dumpster of a company goes belly up like a New York City crack who're in the Hudson River I sincerely hope and pray they have to go through their own customer service to find out why payroll did more bouncing than people in game going after those epic raid boss units

The Pharoah
02-22-2014, 05:54 AM
Gree only have one motivation to fix serious glitches with the game, and that's complaints from iOS users to Apple. If the game gets pulled from the App Store due to crappy feedback, they'll lose access to what is generally the wealthier and more willing to spend half of their potential customers. The Play Store is unregulated, Google couldn't care less about the content on it, and they wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire.

I would suggest that anyone in the UK who has invested serious money in obtaining big rewards and failed to get them due to glitches or service failures, should contact Gree first and ask them for a refund of money NOT GOLD. When they don't respond, go to your o/s operator and ask them. And when they don't respond, go to your credit card company. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Sale of Goods Act and the Consumer Credit Act cover pretty much every damn thing you can buy, regardless of the channel through which you buy them. This boils down to being able to claim the money back from your CC company, because you bought the goods/service from them, and they bought it from Gree, so it's up to them to recoup the loss from Gree, and CC companies are pretty good at that.

You want change, hit them where it hurts - in the pocket. Venting on the forum won't get you anywhere. Apply your rights and enlist the big fish to enforce them.

Cow
02-22-2014, 06:21 AM
This is currently happening...

I would like the original issue addressed by a mod if possible....will something be done to slow down and eliminate all of these problems or is MW going to continue as is?

kmikulz
02-22-2014, 07:08 AM
I would think that MW has a Dev, Test, and Production environment, it seems that things are not tested before released. For example a boss being stuck at 10 for 2 days, then a patch being released that created more confusion than clarity. As much as players pay for this game, I am sure you could give access to some players to test these things before releasing to production and pay them in game cash or gold for their troubles on the production environment. Perhaps this would reduce glitches. I have been playing this game for over 2 years, and I just went through my ally list trying to recruit players for our faction. It was amazing to me how many once good players have quit. I have never seen it like this. I agree that Gree needs to put more Quality into this game to ensure it's future existence or success. I volunteer to do beta testing, for some sort of fair compensation.

Kimm
02-22-2014, 07:11 AM
I would think that MW has a Dev, Test, and Production environment, it seems that things are not tested before released. For example a boss being stuck at 10 for 2 days, then a patch being released that created more confusion than clarity. As much as players pay for this game, I am sure you could give access to some players to test these things before releasing to production and pay them in game cash or gold for their troubles on the production environment. Perhaps this would reduce glitches. I have been playing this game for over 2 years, and I just went through my ally list trying to recruit players for our faction. It was amazing to me how many once good players have quit. I have never seen it like this. I agree that Gree needs to put more Quality into this game to ensure it's future existence or success. I volunteer to do beta testing, for some sort of fair compensation.

There are already players in a beta-testing program. For ios that is....

Cow
02-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Cj since you are posting can you please respond-would Gree look to slow the pace down on events and get your glitches and hacks fixed so that the game can progress. Many of us do not want to see another cycle after this war that is how it has been in past

I C STUFF
02-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Cj since you are posting can you please respond-would Gree look to slow the pace down on events and get your glitches and hacks fixed so that the game can progress. Many of us do not want to see another cycle after this war that is how it has been in pastAs long as you choose to do certain things, it's much easier to roll with the flow than expect things that'll never happen. Lower your expectations, and try to ignore things that aren't where you might desire them to be. Do that, and things will improve.