PDA

View Full Version : What is the best course of action for Gree in the Axis of Evil event

Greasy
02-17-2014, 09:14 AM
We all know that in the current Axis of Evil boss event the bosses stay at level 10 throughout the first 36 hours or so. Which resulted in many players, those who spent the time, to defeat it 200 times and obtained a very nice unit at the end. 36 hours into the event, the bosses started to level up along with the kill, and went up 1 level per kill. This created a very interesting dynamic within the community, some players argue that this is a glitch (with no proof), some argue that units should be taken away, or unit should be given to everybody.

Here's an exit poll. Let's see where we are.
Question Is: What is the best course of action for Gree in this event ?

Disclaimer: I tried to be as objective as possible, notice I'm not using words like "**** up" / "mistakenly" / "errors". At boss 150 I hit the magic timer and it started leveling up, I still finished the event and got the unit.

SpikeyKit
02-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Revert the event to how it was for the 1st 36 hours.
Make an announcement they are ending the event within 24 hours.
This makes it fair on everyone then. They have done it before.
Keep the LTQ running, fix the problem at lvl 68 was it?

Kavoc
02-17-2014, 09:22 AM
It's really impossible to take away the prizes because they'd have to go into everyone's inventory manually and remove, also why punish players who were just playing the game. All players had the same odds of completing it in the 36 hours. What should happen is gree sticks to the fix but makes the boss summon the same as it was during the glitch.

Generik79
02-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Just shudder the game...

Thief
02-17-2014, 09:24 AM
1) Whatever kills you aquired go towards the 200 (so if you were 50 shy then you need to get 50 more which would be boss 60)

2) Offer an additional Prize for anyone that truly makes it to 200. (For the crazy nuts that would go all the way)
This prize should clearly better than the first.

3)....Delete

Lift Ticket
02-17-2014, 09:26 AM
It's really impossible to take away the prizes because they'd have to go into everyone's inventory manually and remove, also why punish players who were just playing the game. All players had the same odds of completing it in the 36 hours. What should happen is gree sticks to the fix but makes the boss summon the same as it was during the glitch.

They have done this before when a war started and the had the goal chain rewards set up backwards. The removed all prizes recieved for that goal chain from everyone that took advantage of the glitch....so not at all impossible.

Thief
02-17-2014, 09:27 AM
They have done this before when a war started and the had the goal chain rewards set up backwards. The removed all prizes recieved for that goal chain from everyone that took advantage of the glitch....so not at all impossible.

Exactly...although they should probably extend the event for 36 hours if they did that.

Kavoc
02-17-2014, 09:28 AM

Never knew that. While then, why have the rest of the modern war community pissed at you. I like thiefs idea about a bonus given to the ones who complete now.

Lift Ticket
02-17-2014, 09:39 AM
as for the poll, #2 is fine with me, I didn't finish early and still have quite a few bosses to kill. leveling up after each boss kill was the original intentions of Gree.

Unfortunately the code writers and developers suck at getting us (players / customers) non-glitched events forcing people to come on here complain & whine because they didn't take advantage of the glitch, others to come on here and brag & boast that they finished the event and say that they are truly dedicated players who "earned" the rewards. So, for those who have the prize...great, congrats to you; for those who don't....best of luck to you.

free play
02-17-2014, 09:45 AM
What about the accounts that got reset, I lost 70 kills when the patch went in, doesn't matter know, the gree crew won't do a thing about it because they don't care, there revenue line is still open and it's only us suckers that loose out, they can and will do what ever they want and get away with it

free play
02-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Never knew that. While then, why have the rest of the modern war community pissed at you. I like thiefs idea about a bonus given to the ones who complete now.

They had the units taken back within a few minutes that time

Speakingthetruth
02-17-2014, 09:53 AM
You guys all have great ideas and I don't want to take away from the seriousness of everyone's effort but the forum alerted these guys as soon as this cluster f@&$ unfolded. Sirius came on and stated that "from his view" all was good in the neighborhood!!! They once again unveiled a new event to the mass without any indication as to what to expect - ie: goals, prizes, as they said they would. And true to form it was completely bush league as if it was developed by a high school dev in his moms basement. This is just me but if I were CJ, ORACLE, SIRIUS, etc... I would be in hiding and/or completely embarrassed to be affiliated with such amateurs. How in the world do any of them come back to this forum with an ounce of credibility?!

Sorry for the hijack. I truly hope each and every one of the players get what it is the feel is just in their case. Mine would be for each of those mods to come on here and " speak the truth" about what happened this weekend and what they are going to do to fix it!

Arc Burn
02-17-2014, 09:54 AM
I didn't Vote because I didn't like any of these options. Event should have either been deleted immediately or left the same for its entirety.

There is a decent amount of XP as well as valor involved that would be impossible to sort out in a take-back situation.

To those that have been reset, I don't know how you continue and I sincerely hope this gets resolved for you.

yan840016765
02-17-2014, 09:56 AM
3)....Delete

....10 characters....

30pointbuck
02-17-2014, 09:56 AM
I also like Thiefs idea. However I would change it a bit. Gree just simply needs to modify pecentage rate for getting epic units for individual Boss prizes. Should satisfy most.

free play
02-17-2014, 10:04 AM
They left the first faction epic boss glitch run the course, most got the 7 rewards that time,

Snatcher
02-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Titel says it all......

Generik79
02-17-2014, 11:08 AM

That's incorrect. We got to keep the units.

I should say, from the attacks Ltq in war when this happened, we kept the reverse units. The southstar they took from all.

free play
02-17-2014, 11:22 AM
That's incorrect. We got to keep the units.

I should say, from the attacks Ltq in war when this happened, we kept the reverse units. The southstar they took from all.

They did take it back, not of the event, maybe the first streak or medals , but we got a massive reward with a bonus and then 10 mins later it was taken back.

If I remember the only event that we kept the unit was the first faction boss, kills counted when faction goal was over, all you had to do was log in, also the first FLTQ was a glitch, we kept those ones.

But for both of those event they ran there cycle with the glitch, I could be wrong maybe some one can verify

MackChumper
02-17-2014, 02:57 PM
If I make a mistake I own up to it, that simple. I expect the same from someone who is offering me a service. If I don't get the service that I expect I take my money elsewhere, again it is that simple.

For the record I did not complete the boss event I was working, but there are a few in my faction that did compete it. They completed the event as originally stipulated, so I feel that they are entitled to the unit. In life if you make a mistake you take responsibility for it. Gree made a mistake, some completed the event before they fixed it, so what's done is done. If you didn't finish before they fixed it, then so be it. This is a game, not reality, if you can't separate the two maybe you need to reevaluate your priorities. If you are losing sleep over this game or if it is affecting your mood and/or relationships, again reevualte.

Well that is just my two cents. I hope it works out for everybody. Goodluck.

Kennetth
02-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Problem is that some people like myself actually played smart and busted our rear ends to finish the event. When goal chain is backwards, you get the unit with no effort, but I lost sleep working incredibly hard, so no it would be an absolute outrage to revoke the unit that I EARNED.

Thief
02-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Problem is that some people like myself actually played smart and busted our rear ends to finish the event. When goal chain is backwards, you get the unit with no effort, but I lost sleep working incredibly hard, so no it would be an absolute outrage to revoke the unit that I EARNED.

You know you just described what is supposed to be fun and a game right?

In the end the only way you can be outraged is if you spent money on it (in which case gree would need to refund your gold and problem solved)

If you don't feel compensanted then not sure what else to tell you...again this is a game. You should also note that nothing is "EARNED" in this game...its bought....to be hosted on a server...and you don't own any of it...It can go away at any time.

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 03:56 PM
it dont take no skills to be in a top faction only takes alot of money..no skills at all in tap tap tap refill tap tap tap lol this game cracks me..i use to enjoy the game back in the day but now i only enjoy the ppl i play with..bc for the worst customer service,glitch after glitch and worst graphics around we sure arent enjoying any of that..to see the ltq units that i paid for to get some new shiny pixals and only come to find out that alot of ppl got them for free is disheartening and a great motivater not to waste so much

Pee-Wee Herman
02-17-2014, 03:58 PM
it dont take no skills to be in a top faction only takes alot of money..no skills at all in tap tap tap refill tap tap tap lol this game cracks me..i use to enjoy the game back in the day but now i only enjoy the ppl i play with..bc for the worst customer service,glitch after glitch and worst graphics around we sure arent enjoying of of that
This just proves spending doesn't always mean winning. Being a free player is probably the best thing I've done in this game.

tatertots
02-17-2014, 04:07 PM
I just want to get back to being at around 140 boss kills. I've been reset twice, only had about 50 boss kills from before the "fix". Tired of being taken back to 12 kills every few hours.

buckshot
02-17-2014, 04:53 PM
no one earned the units by taking advantage of this "glitch" and since a lot of us were reset, I feel no one should get the prizes. period. why should joe blow get the unit and john doe not? if it isn't a fair game across the board for everyone, you have to cancel the event, refund any gold spent and take back the units gained.

Lord Green
02-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Personally, the easiest way to quit, and get back at Gree, is to get a full refund from iTunes. I'm not sure how it works with Android, but iOS users can get a refund. Of course, being the exploitative corporation that Gree is, they're going to ban/lock your account. The ban will be a two-fold win. 1) You get your money back, and 2) If you ever have the temptation to open this stupid game (and distract you from any other activity that might be better than spending your precious time with your face glued to your device(s) as if your life benefited from it), you can't because you've been banned! :cool:

Gree is a very good capitalist company. All they value is PROFIT. Until everyone realizes that Gree doesn't care about anyone(thing) but profit, we're all going to be stuck in this abusive relationship like an abused wife. You have a choice(abused wife), LEAVE! But get your refund before you do so. Lol. There are other games worth playing.

Kefa
02-17-2014, 06:23 PM

The difference then was that as soon as that war started, many players received all the win and streak rewards for doing nothing other than logging in. Within hours they took them away. The people I know who got all 200 bosses before the patch pulled an all-nighter and tapped the glass off their phones non stop for 20 hours straight to get it. If they took away the prizes after all that they'd at best lose allot of players and at worst be giving out full refunds for any money ever spent.

Generik79
02-17-2014, 06:26 PM
They did take it back, not of the event, maybe the first streak or medals , but we got a massive reward with a bonus and then 10 mins later it was taken back.

If I remember the only event that we kept the unit was the first faction boss, kills counted when faction goal was over, all you had to do was log in, also the first FLTQ was a glitch, we kept those ones.

But for both of those event they ran there cycle with the glitch, I could be wrong maybe some one can verify

You refer to the south star.

Luuzer
02-18-2014, 01:12 PM
I want my boss kills back that where taken away!!! Over 100 boss kills just gone!!!

P.S Threads about kills reductions are dissapearing from forums already!!!

Agent Orange
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Hmm what I found interesting was that in my case with low stats and high level that I got to L10 and got stuck with 4 hits to kill the boss so I stopped. When Gree 'adjusted' the event I was actually able to kill more bosses. An LLP has not been affected at all.

The problem is that the 'glitch' 'bug' or whatever you want to call it was inconsistent or perhaps it was like all the other events of this nature where you had to be within a certain parameter in order to really do well unless you spent a lot of gold.

I don't think it's fair to those who actually spent money or time on this to loose the unit. They would be penalized for playing it smart and taking advantage of a possible Gree miscue.

For those that did not get the unit and have a genuine grievance I think they should get the unit, it's not like this is coming out of someone's pocket, it's a virtual trinket for heaven sakes so who really cares.

Or perhaps give everyone 100 folders for the next folder event. Again not like it's coming out of someone's pocket and it would go a long long way to keeping a rather fed up customer base from jumping ship if it's not too late.

Kimm
02-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Taking it all back is not an option imo. And yes I finished event before fix with both my accounts. Actually wish I didn't with one of them cause I could have completed it after fix as well for a lot less xp and better loot. If they take back units, they have to reset all xp gained as well, along with any gold that is used, if they reward all the other players with the same unit, they should set back gold and xp as well. In both cases a lot of work. Imo everyone had the same opportunity to use/abuse whatever you want to call it this glitch. (Except the people who got reset. For them I feel awful). I only hear yall about the wrongly granted wd units. What about the ltq (long time ago) that had the rewards given out backwards? So complete level 1, get final prize. Complete level 2,.get second last prize etc. Was fixed in a short time (couple hours I think?) And the ones who were fast were lucky. I was one of the unlucky ones then. They didn't grant the units to everyone then either. You win some you lose some

Thief
02-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Give anyone that gets 10 boss kills the unit.

Make a new more powerful unit for boss 200.

Problem solved.

Generik79
02-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Give anyone that gets 10 boss kills the unit.

Make a new more powerful unit for boss 200.

Problem solved.

Thief I hope your abbreviated synopsis for the Devs includes the incredible hosing of a class of 1 level of players...300s. Beyond that I don't mind your idea.

Thief
02-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Thief I hope your abbreviated synopsis for the Devs includes the incredible hosing of a class of 1 level of players...300s. Beyond that I don't mind your idea.

Sorry thats on a whole different level of Fubared. Yes that needs to be addressed ASAP. As you know i asked for more developed tiers for a long time...but i meant SCALED so that there wasn't such a big jump from 150-151...that didn't mean just shift this issue to lvl 300 players 299-300 shouldn't be a big jump. Maybe 10-20% (although i would think that 250-300 would be same tier based on other tiers) not a 5X fold? Thats not even remotely fair. (note i have friends and teamates that are lvl 300 and have had their boss kills reset...they are ready to throw the game in the garbage)

However the proposed solution fixes the "I was reset" issue, Self entitled, Worked hard etc etc. for where the current situation is on the one prize only. Then those can still go to lvl 200 (obviously extend the event 48 hours while taking away the handicap on lvl 300 players)

Aks
02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Hmm what I found interesting was that in my case with low stats and high level that I got to L10 and got stuck with 4 hits to kill the boss so I stopped. When Gree 'adjusted' the event I was actually able to kill more bosses. An LLP has not been affected at all.

The problem is that the 'glitch' 'bug' or whatever you want to call it was inconsistent or perhaps it was like all the other events of this nature where you had to be within a certain parameter in order to really do well unless you spent a lot of gold.

I don't think it's fair to those who actually spent money or time on this to loose the unit. They would be penalized for playing it smart and taking advantage of a possible Gree miscue.

For those that did not get the unit and have a genuine grievance I think they should get the unit, it's not like this is coming out of someone's pocket, it's a virtual trinket for heaven sakes so who really cares.

Or perhaps give everyone 100 folders for the next folder event. Again not like it's coming out of someone's pocket and it would go a long long way to keeping a rather fed up customer base from jumping ship if it's not too late.

I agree on this.. I Couldn't have said better then this..

Hondo
02-18-2014, 03:59 PM
You should also note that nothing is "EARNED" in this game...its bought....to be hosted on a server...and you don't own any of it...It can go away at any time.

I think rent might work better.

I guess we could take snap shots and own them forever. Maybe print them off and hang them on the fridge. Make Christmas ornaments out of them. Think of the possibilities!

I should kick my own ass for ever downloading this game.

Lord Green
02-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Personally, the easiest way to quit, and get back at Gree, is to get a full refund from iTunes. I'm not sure how it works with Android, but iOS users can get a refund. Of course, being the exploitative corporation that Gree is, they're going to ban/lock your account. The ban will be a two-fold win. 1) You get your money back, and 2) If you ever have the temptation to open this stupid game (and distract you from any other activity that might be better than spending your precious time with your face glued to your device(s) as if your life benefited from it), you can't because you've been banned! :cool:

Gree is a very good capitalist company. All they value is PROFIT. Until everyone realizes that Gree doesn't care about anyone(thing) but profit, we're all going to be stuck in this abusive relationship like an abused wife. You have a choice(abused wife), LEAVE! But get your refund before you do so. Lol. There are other games worth playing.

Luuzer
02-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Taking it all back is not an option imo. And yes I finished event before fix with both my accounts. Actually wish I didn't with one of them cause I could have completed it after fix as well for a lot less xp and better loot. If they take back units, they have to reset all xp gained as well, along with any gold that is used, if they reward all the other players with the same unit, they should set back gold and xp as well. In both cases a lot of work. Imo everyone had the same opportunity to use/abuse whatever you want to call it this glitch. (Except the people who got reset. For them I feel awful). I only hear yall about the wrongly granted wd units. What about the ltq (long time ago) that had the rewards given out backwards? So complete level 1, get final prize. Complete level 2,.get second last prize etc. Was fixed in a short time (couple hours I think?) And the ones who were fast were lucky. I was one of the unlucky ones then. They didn't grant the units to everyone then either. You win some you lose some

U can start doing bosses again to get the new loot units, but yes, it means gaining more exp. Thats why I dont do it with my mini :D My main account has to make over 300 boss kills in total to get the unit, that I'm not gonna make. Counted today morning how much was taken away...101 boss kills gone, and not restored :( Right now I've made back the 101 that was taken away + some extra, but still, would like resetted kills back and I'd be done with this event. Otherwise....poor autobot on help desk....feel sorry for him if I dont get the units.... Each closed ticket will mean new ticket for me. Hope gree fixes it before it comes to that.

I C STUFF
02-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Once you accept the FACT that you can never OWN any of the trinkets and stuff you acquire, letting go of it is not a problem. I've been around these parts for too darn long already. This is not a retirement post, as this was never gainful employment. Simply put, I'll be lurking, but I won't be participating.Stopping, quitting, whatever you want to call it, is easy. As with most things, you simply decide and then do. Gree is free to make decisions, as are each of us.