PDA

View Full Version : For once, strategy wins

HayeZeus
02-17-2014, 05:37 AM
In a game where the only determining factor of success is how much money you can spend, I would like to thank GREE for giving the community an opportunity to win on strategy instead. I am congratulating you on ****ty programming that gave us this end result, so don't pat yourselves on the back.

To the rest of you who didn't finish the event.....cry me a river. You had the same opportunity as I did to finish the event before the bug fix and you chose not to. Poor strategy. You lose. For those people who had their boss kills reset, I'm not talking about you. That's bs and I'd be mad as hell if I were you.

And GREE, how you can release data sets without any form of testing is f'ing baffling to me. Any moron would have caught this glitch. And the energy issue this past weekend? You people should be ashamed yourselves.

Agent1200
02-17-2014, 06:16 AM
If that's your strategy, I hope you aren't a faction leader, lol. What do we do now? I don't know, their programming is actually correct this time. I guess we fold?

Way to go buddy, nice strategy. Lmao!

Veccster
02-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Aside from resetting the counter....

I agree with Haye. Several of us worked our butts off over the weekend and will be rewarded. If you didn't act fast enough, you still have an opportunity to get the reward - use gold.

You cry if an event is too difficult and requires gold to finish.
You cry if an event is too easy and everyone gets big rewards (stat inflation)
This fell right in the middle.

I did not with either of my accounts and may only get the LLP to the end. Though it was not by design, I like the way this event started out.

HayeZeus
02-17-2014, 06:44 AM
If that's your strategy, I hope you aren't a faction leader, lol. What do we do now? I don't know, their programming is actually correct this time. I guess we fold?

Way to go buddy, nice strategy. Lmao!

I must be missing your point completely. A good faction leader would have told their team to get in gear and finish this event as quickly as possible. That's what we did. Perhaps your the team that has leadership issues. Anyone with half a brain knew that this was going to get corrected, so my strategy won and yours didn't. I received a nice 1.7 mil boost in stats on top of the +1 energy boost. And to pour a little more salt into the wound, I am now hammering through all of the bosses after level 10 and getting some additional units as well.

Winning.

shokki
02-17-2014, 06:46 AM
At the end of the day the lesson is: Exploit untill you can in gree games!

Arc Burn
02-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Strategy? what strategy? To beat this all you had to do was, depending on how quickly you could summon a boss was tap for 8 - 12 hrs. open game -> click raid rival-> server error player too beat up -> reload base -> click raid rival again -> find 1 xp building -> raid -> attempt to not "raid again" while clicking fight boss -> quick hit -> boss down -> exit game wait two minutes (since 1minute apparently doesn't work) REPEAT 200x (assuming all of your hits actually count)

That is tedium not strategy.

Everyone should be upset. Those that didnt/wont get the unit because they had job/rl only to have the playing field changed mid event. Also, those that were "forced" to mindlessly tap away at a super monotonous event with (in my opinion) 0 strategy and lose sleep. Most of all though, those that had kills erased and have little to no chance regardless of "strategy"

kmg108
02-17-2014, 07:12 AM
As a reminder to all of us that "earned" the reward (I use the word "earned" very loosely). Please remember that Gree has taken large units back in the past, and they can certainly do it again. The massive amount of outrage by the majority of the players may warrant that everyone gets the prize, or nobody gets the prize.

You simply can't change the rules in the middle of the game...and expect all the players to just go along with it. That might have worked in the past, but Gree is losing far more players than they are gaining. Their constant errors, all of which were avoidable, are only sealing their fate. Perhaps that is what they are trying to do? I'm just saying...

Veccster
02-17-2014, 07:34 AM
As a reminder to all of us that "earned" the reward (I use the word "earned" very loosely). Please remember that Gree has taken large units back in the past, and they can certainly do it again. The massive amount of outrage by the majority of the players may warrant that everyone gets the prize, or nobody gets the prize.

You simply can't change the rules in the middle of the game...and expect all the players to just go along with it. That might have worked in the past, but Gree is losing far more players than they are gaining. Their constant errors, all of which were avoidable, are only sealing their fate. Perhaps that is what they are trying to do? I'm just saying...

Where did you see the RULES for this event? Maybe their rule was to allow easy kills for the first 48 hours then allow it to get progressively harder.

This wasn't a glitch where rewards were handed out by accident.

If you miss a black friday doorbuster because you didn't get up early enough (or have a job that prevented you from going to the store) should they feel sorry and give everyone the same opportunity?

kmg108
02-17-2014, 08:06 AM
Where did you see the RULES for this event? Maybe their rule was to allow easy kills for the first 48 hours then allow it to get progressively harder.

This wasn't a glitch where rewards were handed out by accident.

If you miss a black friday doorbuster because you didn't get up early enough (or have a job that prevented you from going to the store) should they feel sorry and give everyone the same opportunity?

Calm down there, fella. I already have the prize. All I'm saying is that it's effed up what they did. Your Black Friday example makes no sense for this situation. Black Friday sales are specific, advertised and annual. It's common knowledge that the sale will go on, and those willing to go to the store at 2am get the best loot, while it lasts. In this scenario, there was no communication what the event was. In addition, to stay with your "Black Friday" reference, the sales don't change by the hour. Also, the folks that were in the store and picked up the loot, don't have to surrender it to the store employees just because it wasn't supposed to be on the shelf. If I'm in the store, and the item is in my hand...it's mine! The store employee will have to fight me for it.

Having said all that, I feel guilty for having the prize. It creates animosity in my faction and against rivals. I would rather surrender it and have everyone start the event completely over, as it was intended. That would be a better solution than just giving the prize to everyone...in my opinion. I would not be surprised, or upset, if Gree took away the prize that I shouldn't have. I am only disappointed that they make so much money, yet produce a terrible product.

Mark-1
02-17-2014, 08:09 AM
This is a congratulations to the paranoid, very active hard workers that completed the event already. They are paranoid, since they knew Gree might fix it. They are very active since they saw the bug early in the event. They are hard workers, since you had to work like crazy to complete the event before Gree fixed it. I congratulate those people. They are true extreme gamers. They have the right to pat themselves on the back. I think it is nice to see those players win since they are often the most committed to this game. I think we all know a few players like this.

Arc Burn
02-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Calm down there, fella. All I'm saying is that it's effed up what they did. Your Black Friday example makes no sense for this situation.

Agree. Agree. Agree. (No need to quote your whole post, think i hit the high points?)

Maverick0073
02-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Enough time to finish??????? , what a load of bs, I have 4 accounts, and the poor account that just got ****ed cause before this event he leveled to 151 and thus needed 2 hits even with a 9.4m attack, yet my level 102 only needed a quick attack with 7m. I logged way over 36 hours to try get the completion but with a 18minute recover . You do the math, oh wait obviously you too stupid to do that since you think everyone had equal opportunity to finish it. 190bosses at 20minutes a boss(2 minute to pull it) is 66 hours , you stupid moron , so how was it possible to finish this with people that required 2 hits??????????? Wake up and give everyone the chance to complete it.

erickd271
02-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Enough time to finish??????? , what a load of bs, I have 4 accounts, and the poor account that just got ****ed cause before this event he leveled to 151 and thus needed 2 hits even with a 9.4m attack, yet my level 102 only needed a quick attack with 7m. I logged way over 36 hours to try get the completion but with a 18minute recover . You do the math, oh wait obviously you too stupid to do that since you think everyone had equal opportunity to finish it. 190bosses at 20minutes a boss(2 minute to pull it) is 66 hours , you stupid moron , so how was it possible to finish this with people that required 2 hits??????????? Wake up and give everyone the chance to complete it.
I'm sorry but why do u have 4 accts?! Did u finish the boss on atleast one? That's a lot of time management

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm sorry but why do u have 4 accts?! Did u finish the boss on atleast one? That's a lot of time management 1 word ADDICT lol

erickd271
02-17-2014, 08:39 AM
1 word ADDICT lol
Hahaha my friend has 4 accts and managed to finish them yesterday afternoon...

Tealeaf
02-17-2014, 08:41 AM
I assume the guy that started this thread sits on his backside, sponging off the state all day with nothing better to do than exploit Gree's embarrassing programming deficiencies. Those of us who actually go to work, should have the same chances of completing the event in the time given as the idle fool who created this bs thread. As for strategy, I think he needs a dictionary

Lift Ticket
02-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Umm...For Once Strategy Wins? there was no strategy in this....Maybe you should have titled this thread as "For Once The Early Bird Gets the Worm."

For the most part, all the strategy has been removed from the game and its been replaced with tap, tap, tappity tap, tap.

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Hahaha my friend has 4 accts and managed to finish them yesterday afternoon... dang thats alot of work..i didnt even finish on 1 act could only imagine what 3-4 would be like

Maverick0073
02-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Yes , I got to actually finished 5 accounts , I did my wife's 2 accounts as well since she did not want to stay awake. I also did it in the first 24 hours. why then should I complain? it's simple its the just the principle about it.
Imagine this the first 3 downhill skiers at the Olympics get to go but the timing clock is Broken so they all get credited with amazing times. They find the fault and fix it, but hell , let those that went first keep their gold medals and **** the rest of the athletes. Fair is it not?

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Yes , I got to actually finished 5 accounts , I did my wife's 2 accounts as well since she did not want to stay so. I also did it in the first 24 hours. why then should I complain? it's simple its the just the principle about it.
Imagine this the first 3 downhill skiers at the Olympics get to go but the timing clock is Broken so they all get credited with amazing times. They find the fault and fix it, but hell , let those that went first keep their gold medals and **** the rest of the athletes. Fair is it not? gree is never fair we know that by all the things they let go on..like the airplane mode thing and just recently fixed that..they dont care about us never have or did..we are the pin cushion on the wall and all they want is what money they can milk from us b4 we finally say enuff and quit..

HayeZeus
02-17-2014, 10:19 AM
I assume the guy that started this thread sits on his backside, sponging off the state all day with nothing better to do than exploit Gree's embarrassing programming deficiencies. Those of us who actually go to work, should have the same chances of completing the event in the time given as the idle fool who created this bs thread. As for strategy, I think he needs a dictionary

Says the guy who goes to work on the weekend lol.

Arc Burn
02-17-2014, 10:23 AM

BURRRRNNNNNN... wait wait what? I was assuming that was a come back but not really sure how...

Dazzj10
02-17-2014, 10:29 AM
If the do take the rewards back then they should put people back to the level they were on when they started and give some gold for the amount of time, energy and stamina they wasted

jchow69
02-17-2014, 11:16 AM
I really do not think that its fair for Gree to do this even though I received the glitch prize. What I hope they wouldve done is to keep the boss healths the same, so that everybody gets a fair chance to finish it. But unfortunately, they didnt, just to show how unfair this game is being, some people get the reward for free and some people pay a vault to get it because of a glitch, doesnt really seem fair to me...

HayeZeus
02-17-2014, 11:25 AM
stratˇeˇgy
ˈstratəjē/
noun
a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.
"time to develop a coherent economic strategy"
synonyms: master plan, grand design, game plan, plan (of action), action plan, policy, program; More

Wtg teabag

jchow69
02-17-2014, 11:41 AM
I kinda feel bad getting the unit when half the people here didnt..

2000y2k
02-17-2014, 12:04 PM
I kinda feel bad getting the unit when half the people here didnt..

No worries. Gree still has time to take them back.

HayeZeus
02-17-2014, 12:06 PM
It will be interesting to see what GREE is going to do about this. My impression is that they're all sitting around a table without a clue as to where to go from here. This weekend was an epic failure on their part and has driven a huge wedge between themselves and their customers.

I haven't seem the community this pissed off in a long time. This is probably the worst it's ever been.

HayeZeus
02-17-2014, 12:07 PM
They're not going to take back the unit. Of all the options they have, that is by far the worst option.

jchow69
02-17-2014, 12:10 PM
They're not going to take back the unit. Of all the options they have, that is by far the worst option.

Ya, I say no taking back units cuz we spent lots of time and effort to do it, just make the boss healths the same for rest of us

2000y2k
02-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Funny thing is if Gree just communicated with us when the issue popped up during the first few hours of the event and patched it quickly there may have been a few complaints but nothing like this.

Like we have said before communicate with us and react quickly to issues. This is basic.

Kimm
02-17-2014, 01:11 PM
I agree with the opp here. Finished the event before the fix with both accounts and I even Got a chance to sleep lol. I am Probably one of the few that actually wished I didn't complete it so soon with one of the accounts since I would have been able to finish it for free with that one anyway and with better loot and less xp. But because of lack of info I didn't wanna risk it. You win some you lose some. and indeed Everyone Whos been playing this game a while should have known they would fix it. So many people crying about they didn't have a chance to finish before the fix... We all had the same chance, some are more busy with real life maybe, but when there's a 24h ltq you also only have 24h to get it done... If you miss out then are you also gonna complain you didn't have the chance to finish the event cause it was on a Tuesday(example) cause you have a soccer match that day? I do feel really bad for the ones who Got reset back in kills... That's just really awful. Wonder what Gree is gonna do, taking back the end unit isn't an option cause some also finished for the wrapper, and besides that the energy/stamina/xp used/gained to get there. Handing it out to everyone also isn't an option, cause of the same reasons. Curious to see how this plays out.......

Tealeaf
02-17-2014, 04:29 PM

Says the lazy, sponging idiot who's never heard of people working on weekends. Lol

jchow69
02-17-2014, 04:33 PM
I think this should be a place of sharing tips and ideas, not fighting over who is right, just saying.....

Philly982
02-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Let us not forget that Gree has set a precedent in these types of matters before. Way back when they made an error in an LTQ where prizes were issued backwards where the final prize was rewarded for the first level, the next to last reward issued for the 2nd level, etc. Gree also fixed that one early in the event, but all the "early birds" were allowed to keep their worms. There was quite an uproar on the forums during that one, but they were eventually silenced by the myriad of new problems, glitches, and illegitimate players as I am sure that this problem will eventually be replaced by. Quite sad really, but ever since then it is wise to jump on any situation like this. I am not saying that it is fair or unfair, but all of the really active competition will be.

Tealeaf
02-17-2014, 05:02 PM
I totally agree, my point was simply that some people work and were unable to exploit the Gree cock up, so others shouldn't be able to benefit. Either continue the event without the fix, or remove all prizes and start again.
We just want a level playing field for everyone

TheEvolution
02-17-2014, 05:03 PM
I agree w haye, aside from L300's getting hosed w 3x boss health, all players had the opportunity to take adv of Gree's F up. I knocked out all 200 watching the Olympics in 8 hrs knowing well enough Gree would eventually change it as they did. Whatever reason why you didn't, that's your concern but don't complain you didn't take adv of the chance you had. If you had work, have kids, got drunk, whatever, life has a million diff ways that things are not proportionally fair, online games are not impervious to such things.

DFI
02-17-2014, 05:09 PM
This is not strategy, it's a good call to get it done quickly, but to call it a strategy is a stretch.

Luuzer
02-18-2014, 01:05 PM
In a game where the only determining factor of success is how much money you can spend, I would like to thank GREE for giving the community an opportunity to win on strategy instead. I am congratulating you on ****ty programming that gave us this end result, so don't pat yourselves on the back.

To the rest of you who didn't finish the event.....cry me a river. You had the same opportunity as I did to finish the event before the bug fix and you chose not to. Poor strategy. You lose. For those people who had their boss kills reset, I'm not talking about you. That's bs and I'd be mad as hell if I were you.

And GREE, how you can release data sets without any form of testing is f'ing baffling to me. Any moron would have caught this glitch. And the energy issue this past weekend? You people should be ashamed yourselves.

Yup, very pissed at them. Finished it with my mini, but since he is selective camper, not much use for him axcept the att/def stats. For me....wasnt able to do it in time. I'm in shark tank, waiting for health regens all the time and waking up on monday morning...over 100 kills are taken away. So in total by now I have killed over 200 bosses and I'm still missing half the units!!!

2000y2k
02-18-2014, 04:19 PM
I apologize for the lack of earlier post. We're still sorting this one out over here, and we'll have more info further along in that process.

Guys, we're still looking at the numbers. Once we have a plan in place, we'll make a post.

Thanks for clearing things up. Forgot this was Greeland where communication takes a week on an hour.

Archer59
02-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Since when is it "strategy" to take advantage of a glitch? I can hardly wait to hear about your next "strategic" conquest.

Pee-Wee Herman
02-18-2014, 05:00 PM
The title needs to be corrected. It should be, "Once again, strategy plays no factor in this event." Your definition of strategy is very different from mine.

HayeZeus
02-18-2014, 06:06 PM
The title needs to be corrected. It should be, "Once again, strategy plays no factor in this event." Your definition of strategy is very different from mine.

Since when is it "strategy" to take advantage of a glitch? I can hardly wait to hear about your next "strategic" conquest.

Stop what you're doing. Find the nearest wall. Run into it head first at full speed. Thanks.

DaBoss!
02-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Stop what you're doing. Find the nearest wall. Run into it head first at full speed. Thanks.

You first........BTW, this game has no stragety at all. I congrulate you on gaining more pixels though..............

Pee-Wee Herman
02-18-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm gonna need you to demonstrate first.

Gen CheeBye
02-18-2014, 08:24 PM
I have to apologize if those of you that did not make complaints so far feel offended by what I'm about to say.

MW is glitchy and everyone knows about it. Don't be naive.

There's no fair game in MW since day one when gold is involved and when the game has glitches. Don't be naive.

24hrs for you to act...and yet you want gree to compensate you for failing to do so? Don't be naive.

May I suggest you quit the game and make yourself happy in your make believe equal and fair world.

P/S: On a personal note, I have been screwed over by previous glitches and have moved on since then. Don't expect anything from gree.

Luuzer
02-20-2014, 10:45 AM
P/S: On a personal note, I have been screwed over by previous glitches and have moved on since then. Don't expect anything from gree.

I have been screwed too many times. Supermini has still not recieved units from previous energy faction LTQ. Anyone remember when that was? 1 month? 2 months ago? Meaning I got less bosses tnx to it etc. Screwed big time by gree. Now I would have to make over 300 kills for the unit??? All I want is to get the taken away kills restored. I'm long passed 200 kills....