PDA

View Full Version : And the winner is, .... He who rushes to exploit the programming mistakes!

Agent1200
02-17-2014, 05:13 AM
How can Gree change an event so drastically when it s half over, and so many have exploited their programming error? Shouldn't everyone have the chance to complete this at the same difficulty level as those who were able to play non stop the first day and a half the event was under way?

Issueing a fix at this point is only rewarding those who took full advantage of your mistakes, while punishing those who did not.

That's terrible game play.

I feel either all should get the same level of difficulty, or all should get the reward for finishing since this was handled so poorly.

Devil Dog 1
02-17-2014, 05:28 AM
You should have taken advantage of the glitch while it was there. I put in the extra time figuring they would fix the glitch, glad I did now

sirdirty11
02-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Come on man..

Glitches happen all the time. You're mad at those who took advantage of it, because you couldn't find a few hours to do it yourself. They literally gave away a unit, and you're upset you didn't get it.

Lock it up.

Agent1200
02-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Come on man..

Glitches happen all the time. You're mad at those who took advantage of it, because you couldn't find a few hours to do it yourself. They literally gave away a unit, and you're upset you didn't get it.

Lock it up.

Not sure how you're interpreting that I'm mad. I'm pointing out a flaw in their fix. I could care less about you and your progress. Quit trolling my thread and get a life.

Bone Daddy
02-17-2014, 06:08 AM
And the Loser Is.....

Those that spent their entire weekend clicking away at this useless game again. Congrats, nice unit.

sirdirty11
02-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Not sure how you're interpreting that I'm mad. I'm pointing out a flaw in their fix. I could care less about you and your progress. Quit trolling my thread and get a life.

LOL.. troll.

Right.

I think you and DTA-HOG are good buddies. Always complaining about something 'cuz you either missed the boat, don't know how to do something, or generally just like to stir the pot. Either way, sounds like you lost out on the boss 10 release. Sucks for you :)

Colonel J
02-17-2014, 06:22 AM
Someone rub salt in the wounds. This is more entertaining than actually getting the unit itself.

Blade of 3
02-17-2014, 06:23 AM
This is just stupid. You can't fix a glitch after 90% of the people just exploited it. This game is just a mess. Now level 200's that couldn't get to 20 have a unit and everyone else that can get much further is stuck paying vaults for it. This joke of a game has gone on long enough.

ertrifo
02-17-2014, 06:25 AM
Would you stop posting this immature answers cluttering the forum and distracting the programmers from serious problems!

Derick LGD
02-17-2014, 06:28 AM
Im pretty pissed because people were able to take advantage of it. I on the other hand was stuck on lvl 10 boss but did not have the goals and did not receive any of the units like others did. Instead I get to start today as if I had only beaten boss 10. When in fact I worked hard to beat him as many times as possible like others to get the final units. Gree, if others get the unit then I deserve it as well with how little sleep I got to try and get the same units as others by taking advantage of this.

Derick LGD
02-17-2014, 06:29 AM
And btw I still do not show the goal to get the units but the bosses are going up in lvl now.

Bobar
02-17-2014, 07:06 AM
just another proof how bad they deal with their customers. but as long they earn enough money with the newbies and addicted, gree will go on that way

jchow69
02-17-2014, 07:12 AM
I got the unit, but. i do agree to make all the bosses the same health. Dont give it to everybody, but make them work for it. There could be those that do nothing and gte the unit, but make the boss health the same, just like it was for everybody.

good gawd noooo
02-17-2014, 07:17 AM
I got the unit, but. i do agree to make all the bosses the same health. Dont give it to everybody, but make them work for it. There could be those that do nothing and gte the unit, but make the boss health the same, just like it was for everybody.

I agree with this one. Simply leave boss health how it was.. make them finish it like they should but allow it to be as possible for everyone as it was for those that took advantage. I mean seriously I have full time job and kids and a wife.. even if it was a million stat unit I wouldn't have time to get it in one or two days. but congrats to those that did

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 07:42 AM
still 1 hit for me and im on 180.200 only thing that changed is the loot and names& numbers of boss..at least we know that gree will make next epic boss 200 kills and it will cost a ton of gold in which i will not be doing it..i just get what i can for free and be done wit it..now that the airplane mode glitch is fixed the top teir teams will be able to run off and leave the players that depended on that glitch..i always wondered how everone i seen in rivals had whole top 45 with all ltq units and not even a top 10-50 unit in top 45 and they was right on my heels and im in a top 10..now i know lol

jchow69
02-17-2014, 07:45 AM
still 1 hit for me and im on 180.200 only thing that changed is the loot and names& numbers of boss
How good is the loot up there?

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 07:48 AM
How good is the loot up there? im up to 1000/1800 units on the rare now..glad it changed over bc i was getting all those crap loots and not even helping my stats

morrisonscott38
02-17-2014, 07:58 AM
QUIT BUYING GOLD! Just that simple

jchow69
02-17-2014, 08:01 AM
im up to 1000/1800 units on the rare now..glad it changed over bc i was getting all those crap loots and not even helping my stats

Not worth it for me, bosses at lv 28 already taking 1 cash hit now, and its just not worth it.

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 08:05 AM
Not worth it for me, bosses at lv 28 already taking 1 cash hit now, and its just not worth it. ya i start out useing cash hits and dont stop till it gets to a point i have to use gold then i stop..im on boss lvl 45 and the rares have dropped ever hit since lvl 40 5 rares back to back must be another glitch lol only got 10 more to kill and im done b4 they send out another patch

Veccster
02-17-2014, 08:08 AM
It's blowing my mind that so many are upset about this. I hope gree comes out and admits that the event was designed to be easy in the first 48 hours - then get progressively harder. It's a good way to change it up. In this event, first to the table wins. You snooze, you lose.

When gold is required to finish an event, the forums are littered with whiners. When speed is required to finish an event, the whiners come out again.

Again, I hope Gree does not admit this was a 'glitch'. They should call it the Doorbuster Special.

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 08:12 AM
It's blowing my mind that so many are upset about this. I hope gree comes out and admits that the event was designed to be easy in the first 48 hours - then get progressively harder. It's a good way to change it up. In this event, first to the table wins. You snooze, you lose.

When gold is required to finish an event, the forums are littered with whiners. When speed is required to finish an event, the whiners come out again.

Again, I hope Gree does not admit this was a 'glitch'. They should call it the Doorbuster Special. lol that could be the thinking of it but knowing gree they wouldnt give us one so easy..i just now finished and it was boss 51 which was still only 1 kill..i did a bunch that first day tho when it was stuck on 10 as did many others..my whole faction did it lol

2000y2k
02-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Hey guys,

We've looked into the issues and have issued a fix which you should be able to get by restarting the app etc. We will be following up on the issue with everyone moving forward so please give us a little time due to it being the weekend.

We appreciate everyones patience and understanding in the matter and we do apologize for this occurring.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?83631-8-80-that-s-me-done/page2

This is Gree's response and a link to the thread.

Derick LGD
02-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Still cant see it in my goals. rebooted, deleted/reinstalled. im missing out on so many units

Roscoe782
02-17-2014, 09:11 AM
I must agree with others. I played until 4am Saturday morning to get 200 kills in knowing a GREE fix was a possibility. That being said, it does suck for those that didn't get to the 200 before the fix was implemented. Not everyone has all the time in the world to go nuts like I did. A mid event fix is a joke. I don't fault those that didn't get there in time for being upset and being vocal about it. I don't think they need to be bashed upon for feeling that way. If anything, the "quit whining" posts are more annoying. Regardless, I think we can all agree that GREE screws up more than they should for the money some put into this game. Sad, but think we are seeing the increasing squeeze before this MW fruit is thrown away.

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 09:25 AM
I must agree with others. I played until 4am Saturday morning to get 200 kills in knowing a GREE fix was a possibility. That being said, it does suck for those that didn't get to the 200 before the fix was implemented. Not everyone has all the time in the world to go nuts like I did. A mid event fix is a joke. I don't fault those that didn't get there in time for being upset and being vocal about it. I don't think they need to be bashed upon for feeling that way. If anything, the "quit whining" posts are more annoying. Regardless, I think we can all agree that GREE screws up more than they should for the money some put into this game. Sad, but think we are seeing the increasing squeeze before this MW fruit is thrown away.well said buddy..ya they milking the big spenders out of what they cant it seems..glad i wasnt one of the ones that threw 1-5k bucks a month at them..im just a very small gold spender and will always be that way till they toss the game out.ive never seen a company that does the very thing their main customer base does not want and contine to operate..when the top 5-10% decides they have had enuff then we will see 1 of 2 things..either the game will go offline or they will implement the changes that we all have long for,but seeing how they been doing over the past 2 years it will be option #1 is my best guess

Maverick0073
02-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Well if gree does not revert it back , it means only one thing for me. A simple call to google for a full 90 day refund. And that a pretty penny just for my 1 top 10 account. If gree are allowed to change something mid way through the event , I can get a total refund for the last 90 days.

Maverick0073
02-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Another thing , why even ask for our suggestions , 99% of players hated the 100 bosses, slating it takes up way too much time , so to fix it ..you make it 200 way to ****ing go. Let's give them more suggestions on how they can make us more unhappy

Suspect5
02-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Well if gree does not revert it back , it means only one thing for me. A simple call to google for a full 90 day refund. And that a pretty penny just for my 1 top 10 account. If gree are allowed to change something mid way through the event , I can get a total refund for the last 90 days.

i think everyone should do this^^^^

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Another thing , why even ask for our suggestions , 99% of players hated the 100 bosses, slating it takes up way too much time , so to fix it ..you make it 200 way to ****ing go. Let's give them more suggestions on how they can make us more unhappy yea our suggestions dont mean nothing to them..they do exactly what the paying customer ask them not to do..they get away with it bc the addicts still throw money at them no matter what the cost

jchow69
02-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Thats why I started a new account and gone gold free since France WD, got myself a good home in top 150, gold free

Robespierre
02-17-2014, 10:53 AM
You guys are funny. Congrats on your accomplishments.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but this situation is a strategy that has been studied and published by your game's designers. It's definitely not going to be fostering any changes.

"Part of being a whale allowed me to understand that players often associate a true value to what they’re spending in the game. The concept is fairly simple, if a new item came out that cost $100 but was “worth” $200, I’ll gladly buy it because I think I’m getting a good deal. Spenders have all created this association in game and the reward or ROI from what’s being purchased is very clear. A great example of this occurrence happened by accident in one of our games. One of our limited-edition packages was set to only allow players to purchase one at a time. However, there was an engineering bug that allowed players to buy multiple packages and when players found out purchases went up by 1000%. Some even bought a hundred packs in fear that we would soon discover the bug and turn it off. There was no set back to the game for players purchasing that many packs, but the whales were driven to believe that they were getting such a great true value ratio that they were willing to keep purchasing."

--Mike Lu, VP of Product at GREE International, 01/10/14

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/MikeLu/20140110/208428/Lessons_on_Mobile_Gaming_from_a_Whale.php

Now be sure to finish the LTQ and get the wrapper prize...you're halfway there already.

Big she'd
02-17-2014, 11:11 AM
I don't understand the problem , killing bosses is as easy now if not easier as it was during the glitch , in fact I spent 200 gold resetting stamina on my main account to get it done , started with my mini after the fix and now over half way through and not spent any gold , it's still the easiest boss event you will ever be given

lemonhaze
02-17-2014, 11:25 AM
I don't understand the problem , killing bosses is as easy now if not easier as it was during the glitch , in fact I spent 200 gold resetting stamina on my main account to get it done , started with my mini after the fix and now over half way through and not spent any gold , it's still the easiest boss event you will ever be given ya i agree i didnt see no differnce except the loot and name of the boss..and i got 9 back to back rares on the last few kills i had to do to get the 200 wins..so the fix worked out great for me and im lvl 264

Skelewu
02-17-2014, 12:24 PM
How can Gree change an event so drastically when it s half over, and so many have exploited their programming error? Shouldn't everyone have the chance to complete this at the same difficulty level as those who were able to play non stop the first day and a half the event was under way?

Issueing a fix at this point is only rewarding those who took full advantage of your mistakes, while punishing those who did not.

That's terrible game play.

I feel either all should get the same level of difficulty, or all should get the reward for finishing since this was handled so poorly.

Another whiner. You chose not to take advantage of the glitch so whose fault is it. Those who did, most didnt sleep till they completed it. So its a win-lose situation. You won by getting more sleep and a family life but lose out in finishing it before the fix. They lost cuz their social life is in the toilet and not getting the required sleep needed but they gained by finishing it sooner.

MaverickINsc
02-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Another whiner. You chose not to take advantage of the glitch so whose fault is it. Those who did, most didnt sleep till they completed it. So its a win-lose situation. You won by getting more sleep and a family life but lose out in finishing it before the fix. They lost cuz their social life is in the toilet and not getting the required sleep needed but they gained by finishing it sooner.
What about the guys (like me and many others) that had the boss kills reset after getting halfway or more.....are we whining too?.........sometimes things are not fair.....doesn't mean people are whining just because you say so.......I remember a faction boss unit (wraith Goliath) where they messed up and allowed the previous kills to count and they let the event run its course....they didn't change it halfway through.....im sure you have 7 of them in your inventory......they should have let it run its course.....not to mention the multiple other bugs with the weekend ltq s

Luuzer
02-18-2014, 01:09 PM

try doing 300 bosses instead of 200. I got over 100 kills taken away from me. In total I have killed over 200 bosses, but no units I should already have.

P.S Threads about kills reductions are dissapearing from forums already!!!

Robin CC
02-18-2014, 01:58 PM
So I was lucky enough to have a day off work and told myself to take advantage of ther error and go for it. Knowing the end outcome could have been anything down to having it all taken away again. I'm glad I finished on my main but still had to work hard to finish on my second account that only got to 40/80 before it was fixed.

The point I would like to make however is this... Yay I got a great unit for taking advantage of an issue while I could. However to all those complaining. There have been other glitches/errors etc that I haven't been around for or known about but I'm sure some of you have. Unfortunately you missed the harvest but you'll probably catch the next one and I won't. Quit moaning for once and focus on the future events.

Please, the complaints are getting tedious and monotonous.

DTA-HOG
02-18-2014, 02:04 PM
LOL.. troll.

Right.

I think you and DTA-HOG are good buddies. Always complaining about something 'cuz you either missed the boat, don't know how to do something, or generally just like to stir the pot. Either way, sounds like you lost out on the boss 10 release. Sucks for you :)

Thanks for the shout out bro. Woot Woot!

DTA-HOG
02-18-2014, 02:04 PM
I just wonder how much gold it would have cost if they didn't mess it up.

Luuzer
02-18-2014, 02:10 PM

and arm and a leg and a kidney and maybe some extra ;)

Thief
02-18-2014, 02:15 PM

I should have a general idea for you when i reach there (well strength not individual cost)

Kill Joy
02-18-2014, 02:33 PM
I was able to get through 140 levels without the glitch. 0 gold spent. this event was easy. 20 bosses. 10 levels each. almost every boss has the same health.

Luuzer
02-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I was able to get through 140 levels without the glitch. 0 gold spent. this event was easy. 20 bosses. 10 levels each. almost every boss has the same health.

nope. It goes way up, especially if Ur in shark tank. Maybe if U have 20-100 mil stats U dont notice, but I notice :D

ginsu
02-24-2014, 09:51 PM
These discussions are sad.

In some realms, if you exploit a glitch (any Blizzard game, Borderlands, etc.) you get blacklisted/suspended. Here in MW, they're left alone while those that didn't notice it soon enough (I'm one of those) get rocked hard by people that have and the devs don't do anything about it.

At risk of being called a whiner and being told to grow up - I'm in this for casual fun, and lately being hammered by people with huge stats it's detracting from the fun of it. No reasonable amount of gold spent (even if I wanted to) can bring my lvl 48 500k/800k self to a level where I can compete with those nearing 1.8M/2.2M in stats.

How does Gree expect those people to enjoy the game? Hell, it's so frustrating that even some of the "potential gold spenders" are becoming discouraged because no amount of money should be spent in correcting a developer-caused error.

2000y2k
02-24-2014, 10:07 PM

In some realms, if you exploit a glitch (any Blizzard game, Borderlands, etc.) you get blacklisted/suspended. Here in MW, they're left alone while those that didn't notice it soon enough (I'm one of those) get rocked hard by people that have and the devs don't do anything about it.

At risk of being called a whiner and being told to grow up - I'm in this for casual fun, and lately being hammered by people with huge stats it's detracting from the fun of it. No reasonable amount of gold spent (even if I wanted to) can bring my lvl 48 500k/800k self to a level where I can compete with those nearing 1.8M/2.2M in stats.

How does Gree expect those people to enjoy the game? Hell, it's so frustrating that even some of the "potential gold spenders" are becoming discouraged because no amount of money should be spent in correcting a developer-caused error.

Good points. I've never played a game so messed up day to day and it seems every event has at least one if not more issues. Plus they have no staff on the weekends or US holidays to communicate or correct issues that come up.

I can't imagine starting this game now for the first time and trying to compete. I have created a few llp accounts and built them up with 2 million stats at level 25 by letting them bottom feed and get the faction units. I only did this for fun and then passed them to players I know that had a bad start in the game. Even with these decent stat accounts at a low level they lack any of the old bonuses like health and energy regen and now these bonuses are too costly to obtain for a low gold player.

Back to your point, I don't see how anyone can compete now or build a player up without a good amount of gold and being on a top 250+ team. The game has changed so much that new free players can't hit most if any of the event goals without a Gree bug.

lemonhaze
02-24-2014, 10:08 PM

How does Gree expect those people to enjoy the game? Hell, it's so frustrating that even some of the "potential gold spenders" are becoming discouraged because no amount of money should be spent in correcting a developer-caused error. these are highly skilled programmers bud..they dont think they can make a mistake

azgrunge
02-24-2014, 11:07 PM

No reasonable amount of gold spent (even if I wanted to) can bring my lvl 48 500k/800k self to a level where I can compete with those nearing 1.8M/2.2M in stats.

I have over 2mil/2mil and have never bought gold (used whatever free I got - not many videos though), didn't exploit this problem, don't use cheats, etc. How did I do it. I just built built built and stayed patient. Been playing 2 years now. That said, you have great points. If you want a cheat free faction that doesn't require gold let me know via pm. We are not in top 250 but we are not below 4000 either. We have fun. Best of luck.