PDA

View Full Version : another "I quit" thread

Nacho!
02-16-2014, 08:31 AM
Dear Gree,

I was going to attach a screenshot of the last two attacks I lost in the last battle but it appears this forum doesn't allow you to attach files from an android device, which is funny for a support forum for a mobile game. At any rate, I have found myself losing attacks in the last few battles where my stats are 2-5x better than the person I'm losing to. Far higher level, I'm maxed out on mafia vs their <100 mafia, my 2.5k items used vs their 400, and most importantly my attack stats are
hundreds of k higher than their defense stats. And I lost not one, as in some sort of algorithmic anomaly, but multiple times, and we lost the battle. It's just stupid, there's no logic to it. I've been playing for 2 years now and have been feeling being degrees of frustration ever since gree took over, I honesty don't know why I haven't quit sooner.

Jeremy Kyle
02-16-2014, 08:44 AM
I lose to people 2 mill lower than me, multiply your attack by 0.8 and thats guarenteed win rate

Ibtl

Jclew
02-16-2014, 09:44 AM
I lose to people 2 mill lower than me, multiply your attack by 0.8 and thats guarenteed win rate

Ibtl

Lol. I wish I could say that was legit, it would make it easy. With my measly 4 mill attack that would guarantee a win against 3.2 mill. Ive lost more then 2 or 3 this event that were a mill lower. High 2s I should not be loosing lol.

Little P
02-16-2014, 10:00 AM
People forget about attack/defense skill points.. Back in the day they seemed almost useless but I think gree has changed their value somewhere along the line. Perhaps the players you lose to have stacked their defensive skill points? No way to know for sure but I think that's what happened to you

Jclew
02-16-2014, 10:32 AM
People forget about attack/defense skill points.. Back in the day they seemed almost useless but I think gree has changed their value somewhere along the line. Perhaps the players you lose to have stacked their defensive skill points? No way to know for sure but I think that's what happened to you

Yeah I believe they are still useless. I have almost 60 attack points and feel that they were totally wasted lol.

cc thunder
02-16-2014, 10:38 AM
congratulations, I don't blame you one little bit. I have abandoned my high level player and just have a level 18 placeholder in case I ever come back, my activity has gone down significantly. this game has become a bad joke

Jclew
02-16-2014, 10:42 AM
congratulations, I don't blame you one little bit. I have abandoned my high level player and just have a level 18 placeholder in case I ever come back, my activity has gone down significantly. this game has become a bad joke

I used to check in 8 or 10 times a day with a small amount "excitement" to see what was going on. I now only check in 1 or 2 times, with no excitement lol. Time/money invested makes me not want to give up totally, but its getting worse and worse.

ploop
02-16-2014, 11:08 AM
If you want to share them upload them to a computer and then put them here.

Nacho!
02-16-2014, 11:24 AM

I started a couple of years ago when I thought it counted for something. I have 170 attack points on the account I was referring to, which is around level 154. And this was against someone around level 73. So good theory, but given my stats, don't think that's the case.

Timmy_Two_Tone
02-16-2014, 11:57 AM

Here is one from last war.

Dubstik
02-16-2014, 12:26 PM

Attack/defense skill points are still useless. I know people with 200+ attack points, and they still lose to rivals with much lower stats than them.

Timmy_Two_Tone
02-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Attack/defense skill points are still useless. I know people with 200+ attack points, and they still lose to rivals with much lower stats than them.

See my previous post with added picture!

Idiosyncrasy
02-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Most forums disable attachments of any kind, regardless of what platform they support. Try using a service like tinypic, photobucket, or imgur to upload your screenshots and post links with image tags.

I'm sorry for your loss.

KemoKidd
02-16-2014, 01:37 PM
Sorry to hear you are quitting. We'll see you soon! :p

Luv4UR Mom
02-16-2014, 03:27 PM
I love I quit threads, because while much of what is in them is true...... Your words fall on Gree's deaf ears. Look at the current battle- Total IP scored will far exceed that scored last time, so what reason do they have to change?

Btw- IBTL

MattThomas08
02-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Quitting is for quitters. It's best to just fade into irrelevance.

NoMercyMafiaMen
02-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Is it still an issue

Danny Clear
02-16-2014, 10:56 PM
U can almost lose 2 anyone at anytime. The higher your attack the more range u have to lose in my opinion which is ridiculous. 4 mill less is the most ive lost to but I bet people have lost to worse

Muj
02-16-2014, 11:26 PM
I used to check in 8 or 10 times a day with a small amount "excitement" to see what was going on. I now only check in 1 or 2 times, with no excitement lol. Time/money invested makes me not want to give up totally, but its getting worse and worse.
Same here.. Almost done

Nacho!
02-17-2014, 08:36 AM
LOL thx for all the replies, you guys are great!

I can definitely understand there being some variability, some chance factor, but it's happened to me several times where it happened back to back. And this certainly isn't my only gripe, just my last. I've find an even better time suck with Ingress, hasta!

Sofa KING Good
02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
So if you started 2 years ago then surely you'd know you get less points for attacking someone lower level than you????

Nacho!
02-17-2014, 02:29 PM
yes, I am well aware of that. but I was using my 1st account, which I played like most games are intended to be played, by actually TRYING to level up. CC defies this by punishing players who level up, a concept I don't understand. so I used my account that leveled up "too fast" for PAs and scouting for stats.

and just by coincidence, ran into this today... which is to Luv4UR Mom's point about why Gree won't care:

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/soros-makes-teva-biggest-stake-as-shares-climb-EeW1EF9jRuyDcBhCTDY1qA.html

GucciMane
02-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Lol, theres two other factors you need to consider.

Mafia reduction mods on the other player - if you're competing against top100 syns and you are attacking a high level player, chances are they have many of these mods.

Mafia addition mods on the other player - same goes for above. There was a recent raid boss event which gave these mods, and there are more of them around too.