PDA

View Full Version : How many hrs are you going to add to this event to make up for matchup delays?

Mil Mascaras
02-15-2014, 06:46 PM
We are losing hours of waiting time. And you obviously made the matchups COMPLETELY RANDUM at vital times, with top 1000 teams or lower getting matched with top 50 teams, amazingly, just when the weaker team is going for a streak clinching win. Oh those darn coincidences!

Kitty McPurr
02-15-2014, 06:57 PM
none hours.

Jclew
02-15-2014, 07:26 PM
none hours.

X0. Of course. Hey if you hit battle, wait 30 minutes and the only team available is a top 10 team that's what you get.

k0de
02-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah it must be a conspiracy. Knock those top 1000s off their streaks so that they have to spend piles and piles of gold to get back there. Solid business strategy that. Milk you guys for that last 50 gold you've been saving since the last time they handed it out for free. Forget putting cars on driveways- if this is true (which it isn't) expect to see Gree execs going to work on the back of the company mule.

If I didn't know better, I'd say this is a case of The Man trying to keep you down. I guess that they do it so that they don't have to give away too many of those streak prizes which cost them nothing to distribute and almost nothing to create.

Now, I don't have any business credentials. I'm just an idiot. But if I were going to use a tactic like this to try to milk everyone out of their gold, I think it would make more sense to rig the game the opposite way. That is, give teams on the final goal of a streak an easier matchup than they would otherwise get in normal play. Why? If a team is prepared to spend gold only on the battles critical to the streak, and only the final battle is seen as critical, then that's one in a two win streak, one in a three win streak, one in a four win streak, one for five, one for six, one for seven, eight, nine and so on. However, if you guarantee an easy matchup for the final goal but not the battles preceding, you find one critical (potential gold spending battle) in a two win streak, then two in a three win streak, three in a four, four in a five, five in a six and so on. Of course, none of this amounts to anything because the whole idea that any company would invest a minute of their time on such a stupid idea with such a low potential return is beyond laughable. How is it fair play when you lose battle #2 of a 4-streak, but losing the last one amounts to a conspiracy? And who says that the top 50 syn that you were so conveniently matched with right when you were primed to clinch the last win of the streak wasn't also going for the final win of a streak? And who cares anyway? The prizes for the 2-5 streak goals are a dime a dozen in a Raid/Epic Boss event anyway.

Bad matchups suck, but they happen. As absurd as it may seem, legend has it that such things occurred before the win and winning streak goals became part of the game. Though what purpose they would have served the Gree-vil Empire at that time has yet to be determined. Experts in the field have reasoned that it was likely "yet another attempt by GREEdy to make yoo spend golds!!!!111". However, given that this is a standard response to everything any time the game is discussed, its accuracy has been called into question.

With the event nearing the halfway point, you've had one cry-worthy matchup to whine about. If that trend continues until its conclusion, that's a pretty good weekend.
But you heard it here first- the reason nothing in this game ever works properly is because all the programming and testing resources are devoted to making sure that you always lose when the result is inconsequential as far as the company is concerned. Also, the Illuminati and the New World Order.

Kitty McPurr
02-15-2014, 08:55 PM
everytime a team losses a streak...an Angel gets its wings.

one man gang
02-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Lol boooommm

surfinguy369
02-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Ask how many hours of your life you have wasted on the game that you won't get back

HavingFun
02-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Relax guy, just a game.

N41LZ
02-16-2014, 02:40 AM
"yet another attempt by GREEdy to make yoo spend golds!!!!111".

This was the only thing we knew you wanted to say, in summary.

OmgMileyCyrus
02-16-2014, 06:09 AM
You guys are fools. It takes hours sometimes because teams are waiting for other teams to match and then there is no one around that strength available. Jesus Christ you guys are thick.

tfletcher20
02-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Zero. They already tried that.