PDA

View Full Version : Game Notification Banners Pushed to Device.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
I have not been able to locate a post on this point.

Recently I have been receiving Modern War Banners on the screen of my device. Examples are notifications similar to "You have a crate ready to open" or "you have just been attacked by....."Or WAR DECLARED". Etc etc.

I can't have this happen at all with my work.

I have COMPLETELY exited the game.

I have removed all banner notification permissions for game centre.

I have removed all banner notification permissions for Modern War.

I am certain there once was an option 'in game' to stop these messages. There does not appear to be any option.

While I completely understand that others may want these notification banners, I CAN NOT have them.

Is anyone else having this appear when they do not want it. If not, how did you stop it happening.

Blodiea
02-13-2014, 05:41 PM
I don't get any notification except when war is over. Like that does me any good.

lemonhaze
02-13-2014, 05:43 PM
I have not been able to locate a post on this point.

Recently I have been receiving Modern War Banners on the screen of my device. Examples are notifications similar to "You have a crate ready to open" or "you have just been attacked by....."Or WAR DECLARED". Etc etc.

I can't have this happen at all with my work.

I have COMPLETELY exited the game.

I am certain there once was an option 'in game' to stop these messages. There does not appear to be any option.

While I completely understand that others may want these notification banners, I CAN NOT have them.

Is anyone else having this appear when they do not want it. If not, how did you stop it happening. yes they are bombardeing me with that same messages back to back none stop if i am in another app..only way i can make it stop is enter MW or exit all apps..gree is sending us a message that they dont want us in any other app lol

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm not in any other apps at all Lemon Haze.

I could be recording a meeting, or simply have my phone on the table. Nothing at all running everything closed out completely, yet I get these messages I cannot have.

How can MW send me messages when the game is totally off and I DE-AUTHORIZED banner notifications completely.

Can a Moderator please find out how to stop these. I cannot have this happen.

sbs2716g
02-13-2014, 06:37 PM
worst is that u got attached 12 times by the same person and u receive 12 notifications separately

Mr. Artois
02-13-2014, 06:47 PM
You should be able to turn this off through settings on IOS.

Got to settings > notification centre > modern war > alerts > show in notification centre > set to off

Set show on lock screen set to off as well

Dirty Mind
02-13-2014, 06:52 PM

Forgive me if I missunderstand what you mean by removing banner notifications. Inside the game: Menu-more-settings. There is an option for 'notifications'. did that get turned on during an update? I know that sometimes the music and sound fx are on for me. Make sure the bar is white, not green.
Sorry if this is the first thing you tried, I have learned to always start simple.
PS. There is also a Transfer Game button in here for everyone who cant figure out how to do that.

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-13-2014, 06:57 PM

Got to settings > notification centre > modern war > alerts > show in notification centre > set to off

Set show on lock screen set to off as well

Thanks for the help Artois.

yes I've done that and they still show up. (iOS)

Perhaps Im the only person. Just my luck!

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Forgive me if I missunderstand what you mean by removing banner notifications. Inside the game: Menu-more-settings. There is an option for 'notifications'. did that get turned on during an update? I know that sometimes the music and sound fx are on for me. Make sure the bar is white, not green.
Sorry if this is the first thing you tried, I have learned to always start simple.
PS. There is also a Transfer Game button in here for everyone who cant figure out how to do that.

I used to have that. Currently running Version 8.9, build 390.0

through CLIPBOARD - MORE - SETTINGS. I only have:

Sound Effects (OFF - White)
MUSIC (OFF - White)
LEVEL TOGGLE (ON - Green)
ONE-CLICK MISSIONS (OFF - White)
FACEBOOK LOGIN
PARTICLE EFFECTS (OFF - White)
PARALLAX FX (OFF - White)

White being off and Green being on.

I turned off almost everything just to make sure.

I am sure there used to be NOTIFICATIONS ON/OFF button as well. Not there anymore.

I am iOS iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4

Mr. Artois
02-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the help Artois.

yes I've done that and they still show up. (iOS)

Perhaps Im the only person. Just my luck!

If you have tried that and it hasn't worked I'm stumped, hopefully a mod can answer this shortly.

Speed ump
02-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Asu, delete the game. I'm 100 percent sure that will solve the problem,lol

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Asu, delete the game. I'm 100 percent sure that will solve the problem,lol

That is my last resort but it may need to happen as it's definately not professional looking and that comes first.

lemonhaze
02-13-2014, 09:46 PM

Set show on lock screen set to off as well thx bud this worked...greatly appreciated

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-13-2014, 10:35 PM
I must have an odd one LH. If I find a solution i will advise here just incase someone else has the same issue.

Robespierre
02-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Yikes man! I can imagine a p'd off girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband blowing up a phone, but your mobile game?

Never looks good in the presence of your colleagues.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5983054592/h77D3EF91/

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-13-2014, 11:04 PM
YIKES!!!!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4006004992/hF4ED5600/

I am a cow!
02-14-2014, 12:27 PM
To top this off some idiot keeps suicide attacking me and spamming my newsfeed because I raided him for 40 million

Luuzer
02-18-2014, 10:09 AM
worst is that u got attached 12 times by the same person and u receive 12 notifications separately

more like 36-48 messages ;) each message 3 times with different text