PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Battle for Empire City Changes

Assault and Flattery
02-12-2014, 04:48 PM
We are making a few modifications to the Battle for Empire City Event based on player feedback that we hope will improve the event and create a better experience for you all.

Syndicate matching: We are tweaking a few configurations with how syndicates are matched. We expect these changes will achieve 2 goals: to create better matches and increase variety of the matches. Before, there were a few particularities with the algorithm that would occasionally result in very strong syndicates being paired against very weak syndicates, as well as some syndicates battling the same rival syndicate over and over. We hope that our changes will create more fair fights as well as reduce the incidence of repeat matching. While we can't reveal our "secret sauce" for matching syndicates, we can say that this new system will take into account average syndicates strength, the number of syndicates members, and the number of event points your syndicates has earned, as well as a few other factors, and as always, some degree of randomness.

Hideouts: Make sure you are investing in hideouts for the event this weekend! We are making these more valuable for syndicates, so make sure your syndicate has them lined up and ready to go!

Green Drake
02-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Thank you. This is the kind if information that we appreciate prior to the event starting.

RonDaddy.
02-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Molly's Side Boob
02-12-2014, 05:12 PM
While I have you here A&F, would you mind explaining the logic behind the difference in points awarded when I win a fight during battle. As in, why one hit is 300 points and the next can be 600?

It would be greatly appreciated

Aquaboo
02-12-2014, 05:18 PM
So I guess this means they're gonna uprate the strength of the walls to reflect that L10s could huff and puff and blow them down in 2 minutes.

KingOW
02-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Will you remove the possibility to buy walls during the war weekend? If not I don't see why we would by all walls now before we know what you've changed. A few to cover the first hours of fighting yes, but not all 50-60 of them.

KlitschkO
02-12-2014, 05:28 PM
I dislike the end of the war prizes! are extremely small if occupied a say over at 250 ... awards for the war well would need to be the most attractive! Well I spent two days and I've tried to participate in all the battles in the end if I'm ranked 283 to I add only about 22,000 to about as much in attack and defense! is very little ... the last war were i was up to play in all the battles ... I knew awards, but not gathered to see how I add in total!: (

I love tacos
02-12-2014, 05:31 PM
We don't have enough bricks for 50 level 10 hideouts curtesy or the crap rival list.

Trinity_1985
02-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Hideout / wall strength is going up. Therefore you will have to use more hits and gold to bring them down.

Aquaboo
02-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Hideout / wall strength is going up. Therefore you will have to use more hits and gold to bring them down.

Well the wouldn't bother to do it just to make the game more interesting would they?! ;)

ploop
02-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks A&F!

Electrify
02-12-2014, 05:51 PM
So in other words all this is is a notifcation that something is going to get screwed up again?

Dat Guy
02-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up A&F, and I forgot to say this earlier, but I hope you are feeling better. :)

Lou/GS
02-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Thanks A&F we appreciate the info

cooch
02-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Will you remove the possibility to buy walls during the war weekend? If not I don't see why we would by all walls now before we know what you've changed. A few to cover the first hours of fighting yes, but not all 50-60 of them.

Not a particularly bright request. All wall evels will be strengthened and one syn's request isn't going to sway Gree. Besides it's about more gold spend to knock any wall level down or lower your scores because more wall hits if free.

Krack3n
02-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up A&F

Buccal
02-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey! thanks for the info... just a little curious what is meant by "more valuable" when you are talking about hideouts. In our syndicate, the health has not change, cost to purchase is the same, is there some sort of new strategy involved? they previously did the 1/2 pt stuff when they were up. Is there more than that now? If there is a new strategy are y'all gonna let us know the ins and outs so we can decide how to play the new changes? thanks

Lab5394
02-12-2014, 09:28 PM
On my mini in the master plan a messages popped up saying " join a syndicate to compete in the FINAL BATTLE". If that's true what's next for syndicates?

tanioula
02-12-2014, 09:47 PM
i dont understand why u have too make things more harder for us crime city is no fun no more and lots of people stop playing. i think i will join them. no all are rich to play with credit card this one.

Mirmur
02-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Thanks for th info, a&f! Sounds interesting, hope it works all right

sister morphine
02-12-2014, 11:19 PM
No mention of the injustice that higher level players get such miserable points hitting lower levels? Looks more like I'll pass on war again. Any stat boost isn't worth the 3-days of effort for me.

lephoenix
02-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Whoa! Another scheme to get you to spend more
Stronger wall, meaning more hit so more gold to score points
Matching strength so the winner will be the one with bigger pockets
Small syndicate going for streak will struggle to get it

Basically stats mean nothing anymore, strength per lvl has been made redundant.. They are matching you up on rival list and battle by stats so it doesn't matter how good your stats are per lvl

Only your pride to finish first keeps GREE going, it doesn't mean you a better player if your stats are higher, it just mean you are a richer dumber one....
No wonder GREE has to come up with new idea to find player with scheme like invite a friend to CC GREEd, they are loosing 100's players a week, yet they carrying on making daft decision...

Trinity_1985
02-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Well the wouldn't bother to do it just to make the game more interesting would they?! ;)
No clue who "the" is but making the game more interesting sounds promising

eNtroX
02-13-2014, 12:40 AM
thx for the info A / F

OMD73
02-13-2014, 01:14 AM
"Thanks for the heads up A&F, and I forgot to say this earlier, but I hope you are feeling better."

Are you for real? Gree initiate a whole host of changes that the majority of players despise, ie 75% of players dislike the new rivals list - and you are hoping A&F is feeling better. Who gives a f*uck? Gree certainly don't about CC players! Just read the comments from the CC moderators on this forum - they couldn't give a **** about the players and are arrogant f*cks besides.

Just saying...

JakeCullen
02-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Thank you Miss A&F for the info...a bit shady still, but at least we have to be ready for yet another "unexpectations". :-)

sister morphine
02-13-2014, 03:27 AM
"Thanks for the heads up A&F, and I forgot to say this earlier, but I hope you are feeling better."

Are you for real? Gree initiate a whole host of changes that the majority of players despise, ie 75% of players dislike the new rivals list - and you are hoping A&F is feeling better. Who gives a f*uck? Gree certainly don't about CC players! Just read the comments from the CC moderators on this forum - they couldn't give a **** about the players and are arrogant f*cks besides.

Just saying...
And the position of most stupid post on this forum has a new winner! In case it escapes your notice brainiac, the mods here don't run Gree. They have to do what the Tokyo suits tell them (even if they might privately share players' views sometimes).

KingOW
02-13-2014, 03:53 AM
Not a particularly bright request. All wall evels will be strengthened and one syn's request isn't going to sway Gree. Besides it's about more gold spend to knock any wall level down or lower your scores because more wall hits if free.It wasn't a request, it was a question. Didn't you see the question mark? If we know they will change something, and they don't say what they change why, should we already buy all walls? Maybe the chance is higher level walls and some teams dosent have bricks for it if they buy all now before we know what have changed. If there is one thing I've learned you should never be surprised by the stupidity of Gree.

bravo 6 vk
02-13-2014, 04:36 AM
THANKS FOR THE heads UP!

Luca1
02-13-2014, 07:48 AM
So does hideouts becoming more valuable mean more hits required to take them down, meaning more gold required? Or does Gree has something else planned?

scorpion101
02-13-2014, 08:57 AM
A&F that's kinda cheating us... U want hideouts harder so u make more money off gold

Nighteg
02-13-2014, 09:06 AM
No mention of the injustice that higher level players get such miserable points hitting lower levels?

This should be the most important question regarding wars - the higher our level, the more we penalized for it. This is the only game in history where players are being punished for leveling up.
On one hand you say you want to fight campers, and on the other there is no incentive for reaching level 250.
The point scoring formula for wars needs to be completely revamped. There is no reason for high level players to get half the points low levels get. That just gives more incentive to camp.

Danny Clear
02-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Hopefully this will eliminate the matches getting harder as u get closer to getting a streak goal but I doubt it

Also "more valuable wall" aka stronger wall? Only sounds like more gold wasted 2 me

Noob13
02-13-2014, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by sister morphine
No mention of the injustice that higher level players get such miserable points hitting lower levels?
This should be the most important question regarding wars - the higher our level, the more we penalized for it. This is the only game in history where players are being punished for leveling up.
On one hand you say you want to fight campers, and on the other there is no incentive for reaching level 250.
The point scoring formula for wars needs to be completely revamped. There is no reason for high level players to get half the points low levels get. That just gives more incentive to camp.

I agree 100%. It's sad that syndicates have to kick out their most loyal and active players because they are deemed as a liability in battles because of their level. I can't understand why I get more more points for defeating a level 200 with 2 mil stats as opposed to beating a level 100 with 5 mil stats

SollyLlama
02-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by sister morphine
I can't understand why I get more more points for defeating a level 200 with 2 mil stats as opposed to beating a level 100 with 5 mil stats

You get more points for the level 200 to penalize the opponent syn for including in their ranks a player who didn't remain competitive.

Noob13
02-13-2014, 10:05 AM
I just used the numbers as an example but the point I was trying to make is that influence points should be based on the opponents strength as it was in the old pvp events. I know people who are higher level with higher stats that are let go by their team to keep lower level players with lower stats because of the points they give up. They may be the most active people in the syn as far as sltqs, donations (money, bricks, and Uzis) and they are let go due to how the wars are scored. While some people refuse to do events, will not attack rivals for bricks, barely get any Uzis, but they are kept over them because they are not deemed a liability one weekend out of the month

sister morphine
02-13-2014, 11:04 AM
In some syns that may be a tactic. One of mine spent a brief time with a top 100 syndicate with a lot of <100 players in. They were told not to do LTQs until they reached level 100 precisely to avoid levelling.

djonny88
02-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Thank you very much

Heapsofblue
02-13-2014, 12:23 PM
So in other words all this is is a notifcation that something is going to get screwed up again?

No mention of the injustice that higher level players get such miserable points hitting lower levels? Looks more like I'll pass on war again. Any stat boost isn't worth the 3-days of effort for me.

There is so much injustice in this game. But I am wondering why no one has mentioned that since the last update we can no longer go out on a good rob. So the new rival list is really bad.... But on the very rare occasion u land on a hood that has all these great buildings.... U get really excited... U hit the first building and get a dollar. Think never mind there are lots of other good buildings to rob in this hood. BUT NO suddenly all the other buildings have lost the bag over the top of them..WTF?
Are greedier making us imitate real life and making us go legitimate ..... Might have to change the name from crime city to Real Estate City

(violence) vinniecc
02-13-2014, 01:52 PM
That's called algorithms, that's how they work and by far are they perfect!

(violence) vinniecc
02-13-2014, 01:55 PM
I think some gold bars would be a nice improvement in the rewards list along with better prizes! This would give more incentive to battle, along with making it actually worth something! Not nothing!

(violence) vinniecc
02-13-2014, 02:02 PM
i dont understand why u have too make things more harder for us crime city is no fun no more and lots of people stop playing. i think i will join them. no all are rich to play with credit card this one.

I think it may just turn into more gold spent toeven get any points! Gree your still headed backwards! Please do a 180° turn and get headed the other way or I promise you will loose more players! I'll tell the whole world you're greedy! Ha, how ya like me now!

KCUF
02-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Matching equal strenght in battles, matching equal strenght in fights, what's the point of having good stats or a strong syndicate?
If we get rival syndicates with the same strenght it's all about who can spend the most gold.
Why not make an event where everyone can put their gold in. Press the button and tell who is the winner. Saves a lot of time.

TobysPaw
02-13-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm struggling to even see much point in the wars now . They used to be the highlight of the cycle but now there's little motivation. We'll no doubt battle a bit but by and large I can't really see us breaking a sweat over it.

Heapsofblue
02-13-2014, 03:05 PM
I agree with you. My syndicate used to be really competitive and loved to battle we would spend hundreds on gold...last battle we didnt bother. Prises not worth it. So we had fun in last battle, but only did about 12. Im thinking we will do the same this battle.

Mean joe
02-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Thanks A F

Aquaboo
02-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Matching equal strenght in battles, matching equal strenght in fights, what's the point of having good stats or a strong syndicate?
If we get rival syndicates with the same strenght it's all about who can spend the most gold.
Why not make an event where everyone can put their gold in. Press the button and tell who is the winner. Saves a lot of time.

Lol - I like your sarcastic suggestion. I might also be best for SAS too - it would save them getting their hopes up in vain every few weeks only to be trounced as always by the newest incarnation of Fight Club :D

Dhh
02-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I love the new rivals list and now battles will be more "fairly" matched. It has totally negated all that we've invested into our stats. With the new way there will be no reason to use gold anymore cuz gree will ensure we will be evenly matched in any pvp events. Thank you gree for making crime city a free game: )

rocko jr
02-13-2014, 08:25 PM
No they changed so they could make more money now will need gold to take down a wall.This game used to be fun now all it is is a money hungry get rich for Gree !!Thinking seriously about quiting game find another that is not so expensive to play.

OMD73
02-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Really Sister Morphine - only second behind you. Looks like you're the di ckhead here - considering the moderator feedback thread!

OMD73
02-13-2014, 10:14 PM
And the position of most stupid post on this forum has a new winner! In case it escapes your notice brainiac, the mods here don't run Gree. They have to do what the Tokyo suits tell them (even if they might privately share players' views sometimes).

Then why the feedback thread? You di ck head!

ImmaBoss
02-13-2014, 10:50 PM
No they changed so they could make more money now will need gold to take down a wall.This game used to be fun now all it is is a money hungry get rich for Gree !!Thinking seriously about quiting game find another that is not so expensive to play.

(Clash of clans) great game and great customer support.. Fast responding and they listen to customers

sister morphine
02-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Then why the feedback thread? You di ck head!
When your "argument" consists of little more than throwing insults, it speaks for itself.

As for the feedback thread, I share everybody's frustration that so far nothing has come of it. But let me present a scenario. The mods gather all the positive suggestions from it, assemble into a presentation which after some local discussion is then presented to the company board. They ask, does this make more money for us? If the answer is no, it gets rejected out of hand.

Understand that and you understand each and every change made to the game. Sure, they'll toss players a bone once in a while - making epic bosses easier so even high level players have an even chance of making 100 (though that's been tweaked a bit to increase the potential need for gold spend), LTBs that are cheap enough for anybody with decent iph (the sting being the iph increase is so small, that finishing with gold is necessary in order to spare time for boosting better buildings), and in the Dark Days LTQ (and the one like it before) high iph players can buy weapons instead of having to plough through the thugs. There are great items available but the only one with a modifier needs a pile of gold to get.

If you dislike the way the game is headed, but still want to stick around for the friends you've made here, do what I and many others have done. Stop spending and play the bits that are good for you. Between those three events above I've put on over a million attack without spending a penny of real cash.

OMD73
02-14-2014, 01:55 AM

When your "argument" consists of little more than throwing insults, it speaks for itself.

As for the feedback thread, I share everybody's frustration that so far nothing has come of it. But let me present a scenario. The mods gather all the positive suggestions from it, assemble into a presentation which after some local discussion is then presented to the company board. They ask, does this make more money for us? If the answer is no, it gets rejected out of hand.

Understand that and you understand each and every change made to the game. Sure, they'll toss players a bone once in a while - making epic bosses easier so even high level players have an even chance of making 100 (though that's been tweaked a bit to increase the potential need for gold spend), LTBs that are cheap enough for anybody with decent iph (the sting being the iph increase is so small, that finishing with gold is necessary in order to spare time for boosting better buildings), and in the Dark Days LTQ (and the one like it before) high iph players can buy weapons instead of having to plough through the thugs. There are great items available but the only one with a modifier needs a pile of gold to get.

If you dislike the way the game is headed, but still want to stick around for the friends you've made here, do what I and many others have done. Stop spending and play the bits that are good for you. Between those three events above I've put on over a million attack without spending a penny of real cash.

Firstly, you are a hypocrite.

Secondly, you are a dim-witted hypocrite. Refer back to your original sledge if your memory fails you.

Thirdly your long winded attempt - I bet writing three paragraphs was quite a challenge for you, we'll done! - at trying to sound intelligent missed the point of my original post. But just for you I will reiterate:

The point is each time a moderator gets on the forum you get a conga line of ass kissers puckering up. I simply suggested that they need not bother because these very same moderators could not give a sh it about the players - and cited an few examples.

As for your blah, you have it all wrong. Keeping players happy so that they keep spending real money is the key. As you probably didn't realise this latest attempt to get current players to recruit new players with the promise of a shiny new toy is testament to their failure, ie, gold buying players leaving the game in droves.

Aquaboo
02-14-2014, 02:35 AM
http://nestaquin.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/ken.jpghttp://nestaquin.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/ken.jpg

Extra Kenneths for OMD OMG

sister morphine
02-14-2014, 03:40 AM
Firstly, you are a hypocrite.

Secondly, you are a dim-witted hypocrite. Refer back to your original sledge if your memory fails you.

Thirdly your long winded attempt - I bet writing three paragraphs was quite a challenge for you, we'll done! - at trying to sound intelligent missed the point of my original post. But just for you I will reiterate:

The point is each time a moderator gets on the forum you get a conga line of ass kissers puckering up. I simply suggested that they need not bother because these very same moderators could not give a sh it about the players - and cited an few examples.

As for your blah, you have it all wrong. Keeping players happy so that they keep spending real money is the key. As you probably didn't realise this latest attempt to get current players to recruit new players with the promise of a shiny new toy is testament to their failure, ie, gold buying players leaving the game in droves.
Three paras of blah! Congratulations

Try and distinguish between human decency and brown nosing. A&F has been unwell, so is it a bad thing to hope she's feeling better? If you still hold to your original post, that speaks volumes. I'm certainly not wasting any more of my precious time on you.

murf
02-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Why does everyone say, 'tougher walls = more gold spent"? If everyone is facing tougher walls, then everyone's total IP scored will be lower, so you should just have to spend a similar amount of gold to place in a similar position as the last war....can someone explain the argument that this is a gold grab?

SammyTheBull
02-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Hopefully this will eliminate the matches getting harder as u get closer to getting a streak goal but I doubt it

Also "more valuable wall" aka stronger wall? Only sounds like more gold wasted 2 me

My take on "more valuable wall" means you get less points if the wall is up, making it more important to bring the wall down.

TZora
02-14-2014, 10:26 AM
i don't understand why gree can't just keep a fixed win score? say 300 IP for each win. be it lower level hitting higher level or the vice versa, just keep win score 300. a win is a win and should be credited equally. if you have to spice it up, subtract 100 points for a loss.

this crap seriously goes back to day 1 of syndicate wars. i've never understood the misery with the IP. lvl 200 hitting lvl 240 .. 600 points. second attack, 400 points .. third attack .. 500 points. then a level 150 hitting a level 250 .. 150 points .. 200 points .. IP is f'ed up to hell.

am i getting too serious? yea i know it's just a game lol :p

TZora
02-14-2014, 10:30 AM
Why does everyone say, 'tougher walls = more gold spent"? If everyone is facing tougher walls, then everyone's total IP scored will be lower, so you should just have to spend a similar amount of gold to place in a similar position as the last war....can someone explain the argument that this is a gold grab?
unless you take down the wall, u can't make good IP on your attacks. there are many syndicates that do not spend but have just enough ppl playing so that they can take down the wall and give a few hits on opponents.

with the wall becoming more tough, most syndicates will end up hitting the wall. every gree action makes you buy gold. whatever they do, it is always to make you pull out your credit card. did u see how nicely it was all worded? make you stronger by increasing your wall health .. lmfao

vitus79
02-14-2014, 11:19 AM
We are making a few modifications to the Battle for Empire City Event based on player feedback that we hope will improve the event and create a better experience for you all.

Syndicate matching: We are tweaking a few configurations with how syndicates are matched. We expect these changes will achieve 2 goals: to create better matches and increase variety of the matches. Before, there were a few particularities with the algorithm that would occasionally result in very strong syndicates being paired against very weak syndicates, as well as some syndicates battling the same rival syndicate over and over. We hope that our changes will create more fair fights as well as reduce the incidence of repeat matching. While we can't reveal our "secret sauce" for matching syndicates, we can say that this new system will take into account average syndicates strength, the number of syndicates members, and the number of event points your syndicates has earned, as well as a few other factors, and as always, some degree of randomness.

Hideouts: Make sure you are investing in hideouts for the event this weekend! We are making these more valuable for syndicates, so make sure your syndicate has them lined up and ready to go!

single person syndicate with 15/13m meets syn with 7 people and a def leader with 20m already and 100 levels lower. great improvement indeed

Aquaboo
02-14-2014, 11:28 AM
single person syndicate with 15/13m meets syn with 7 people and a def leader with 20m already and 100 levels lower. great improvement indeed

4 person streak synd meets single person synd.

They're obviously going heavily on syndicate size in the matching system.

cmbrbb
02-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Judging from my account we took the wall down and now it seemed like the points were not as good as they were in the past. Not seeming the 350+ points I used to see for beating the same level apart. Can a mod explain what the change was in the wall now that the event started.

Aquaboo
02-14-2014, 12:20 PM

2nd match - 4 person team meets 4 person team - again the player numbers seem to be a strong matching factor

Jclew
02-14-2014, 12:23 PM
My main account does half the damage it used to to the wall.

With almost an extra million in A/D from last battle.

Dat Guy
02-14-2014, 01:06 PM
We are making a few modifications to the Battle for Empire City Event based on player feedback that we hope will improve the event and create a better experience for you all.!

So where is all this feedback begging you to give us stronger hideouts?

murf
02-14-2014, 01:09 PM
unless you take down the wall, u can't make good IP on your attacks. there are many syndicates that do not spend but have just enough ppl playing so that they can take down the wall and give a few hits on opponents.

with the wall becoming more tough, most syndicates will end up hitting the wall. every gree action makes you buy gold. whatever they do, it is always to make you pull out your credit card. did u see how nicely it was all worded? make you stronger by increasing your wall health .. lmfao

Yeah, my argument is that these syns that do not have enough players to bring down the wall with free hits will be going against similar syns that can't bring down the wall with free hits either...so, if both syns restrain from spending gold, they are in the same situation they were before this change...if one syn decides to spend gold, then they should win, before or after the change...if both syns pay gold, then why didn't they spend gold in the previous wars?

Kitty McPurr
02-14-2014, 01:17 PM
The OP suggested that there was a change to the walls importance itself. It seems that the change is to the amount of damage Players do to the wall. This is very deceptive. GREE had a choice A) Increase the Health of a wall, B) Decrease the damage dealt by players. The more upfront approach was to increase the wall health. Although both achieve the same result of increasing the number of hits required to remove a wall, choice A) is transparent, choice B) seems like something was taken away from me. I have wall damage modifiers, and they basically negated them. Why does GREE always seem to choose the more devious, deceptive choices for their game? Thanks...

cmbrbb
02-14-2014, 01:25 PM
The OP suggested that there was a change to the walls importance itself. It seems that the change is to the amount of damage Players do to the wall. This is very deceptive. GREE had a choice A) Increase the Health of a wall, B) Decrease the damage dealt by players. The more upfront approach was to increase the wall health. Although both achieve the same result of increasing the number of hits required to remove a wall, choice A) is transparent, choice B) seems like something was taken away from me. I have wall damage modifiers, and they basically negated them. Why does GREE always seem to choose the more devious, deceptive choices for their game? Thanks...
To me it also seems like they reduced the points you receive from hitting the wall. Especially once the wall is down.

gREeALIST
02-14-2014, 02:35 PM
So where is all this feedback begging you to give us stronger hideouts?
Probably from the same people that told them the Rivals List was broken and needs fixing. :rolleyes:

Notorious94
02-14-2014, 02:41 PM
14 player synd vs brewskis? Top 10 synd. Gree is full of crap! The new match ups are designed to make you spend more gold and that's it!

Thanks gree I'll keep my $$ in my own bank from now on.
Seems you ruined the only fun bit left In the game!

kybigdaddy
02-14-2014, 04:14 PM
While I have you here A&F, would you mind explaining the logic behind the difference in points awarded when I win a fight during battle. As in, why one hit is 300 points and the next can be 600?

It would be greatly appreciated

I may be late to the party, but I would also like some kind of explanation. Level 250s are already at a disadvantage, since they can only get decent points against another 250. My average for the first 3 battles is 300 points with a single score above 500. Wars have turned into a waste of time for HLPs.

Jerle
02-14-2014, 04:26 PM
We're actually looking at some changes to how points are awarded for the next war to address that very concern for L250 players. More details will be posted on that in the coming weeks, but the matcher changes are major enough we're taking things one step at a time.

cooch
02-14-2014, 04:34 PM
We're actually looking at some changes to how points are awarded for the next war to address that very concern for L250 players. More details will be posted on that in the coming weeks, but the matcher changes are major enough we're taking things one step at a time.

Jerle: It certainly looks to us 200 or above you want us out of the game. You once said you didn't understand why we are the only game that avoids level up. But what are advantages? Only disadvantages for at least 1.5 years.

Think about it since stat inflation what are the benefits:

1. IPH? Nope LTBs take care of that
2. Boss: Nope they get harder as you lvl up by tiers
3. War: Nope you are the pin cushion target for any syn
4. LTQ: Maybe if you invested in energy
5. PVP: Nope you get more points scoring off higher lvl

so your team finds it difficult to understand why we hate leveling up. But from our view we see no advantages, just disadvantages, of leveling up. I'd like to know what the Gree team think the advantages are. All the other games I can think of give you an incentive. Gree does not.

(violence) vinniecc
02-14-2014, 05:43 PM

Hideouts: Make sure you are investing in hideouts for the event this weekend! We are making these more valuable for syndicates, so make sure your syndicate has them lined up and ready to go! Thanks for the update but if this game gets any slower during battles I'm gonna have to get out and push! What is this? Driving Miss. Daisy? Gee Gree, another let down!

Lancelove
02-14-2014, 05:52 PM
i don't understand why gree can't just keep a fixed win score? say 300 IP for each win. be it lower level hitting higher level or the vice versa, just keep win score 300. a win is a win and should be credited equally. if you have to spice it up, subtract 100 points for a loss.

this crap seriously goes back to day 1 of syndicate wars. i've never understood the misery with the IP. lvl 200 hitting lvl 240 .. 600 points. second attack, 400 points .. third attack .. 500 points. then a level 150 hitting a level 250 .. 150 points .. 200 points .. IP is f'ed up to hell.

am i getting too serious? yea i know it's just a game lol :p

It's to keep you hooked on the action like a casino slot machine. You press the button the window closes simulating spinning reels and then you immediately look at your payout hoping for 500+ points. If the payout is good you keep hitting. If not you move on to another target. Think about it. Do you have or have you ever taken a screenshot of one of your highest payouts? I would rather see different scores averaging 300 then to see the same exact 300.

djonny88
02-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks gree we won every battle So Far

Senator McCarthy 3
02-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Changes to match ups to make them fair? LOL. Please do not "fix" any problems because there seems to be a pattern of behavior where "fixes" make the game worse off.

I love tacos
02-14-2014, 07:15 PM
I don't believe anything thing the Mods or Developers say anymore. The rival list sucks, the hideouts are ridiculous, ltqs are impossible, raid boss is gonna blow now, and with the ****ty points during battle constantly I don't know why I try.

P.S. Improve that fake ass gold program and pls improve the game. You should feel ashamed.

mistech
02-14-2014, 07:17 PM
can Someone From GREE Answer The Question Of, 'Does It Matter How Many People Are Hitting A Person At The Same Time When Influence Points Are Awarded For A Hit?'

Have Seen Comments From Many People, But It Would Settle A Lot Of Arguments In Syndicates With an Answer By Gree.

Thank You!

cooch
02-14-2014, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=mistech;1200439]can Someone From GREE Answer The Question Of, 'Does It Matter How Many People Are Hitting A Person At The Same Time When Influence Points Are Awarded For A Hit?'

Have Seen Comments From Many People, But It Would Settle A Lot Of Arguments In Syndicates With an Answer By Gree

Don't think they will tell you anything. They don't like giving away state secrets on tactics, may not know themselves, have peeps playing game to test vulnerabilities. Many syns carry this theory but have tested it out. Debate rages.

northside
02-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Great heads up.

dangas
02-14-2014, 10:33 PM
So if walls are stronger and more people are going to build them, why don't you make it easier, less actions (20 taps to create a level 10 wall) and less tediously (if this is a word?) time consuming to build the walls. I am sure players have complained about his before!!

50 level 10 walls take 1000 taps to build. Do you know how long this takes with lags, shutdowns and other issues?

ohlo-00
02-15-2014, 06:38 AM
Very good match-up. We lost 2times 20k:200k

My friends top400-500 got as rival TAW - very good!!

Background
02-15-2014, 07:21 AM
I dont know how do you make your algoritm for match syn so my 20 member syn make 10000point per fight and other team make over 50000 point, its not really fair. Just 20 point for wall (1600 per attack) i down a hideout of 60000 and my team have not energy for fight. Its fair.. i have a 40000 health hideout and is down in 2 minutes. I not understand. Tanks for take the time to give me some help or tricks. 3 battles top 1400 1300 1200 and now my syn is top 1500 whit more active member. To bad its not fair

Dirty Larry
02-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Your new battle formula sucks about the same as your last one. The guy rewriting the code should check to see if he hit save. 3 battles in a row where we couldn't hit a single target. Still having a top 150 match top 25 or insane streak teams.

Cindee429
02-15-2014, 11:31 AM
There is no change to the supposed match ups. We are still all being mismatched and update is still screwed up too. Gree has got to finally fix all these issues as everyone is getting tired of the way we have to play this game.

Dirty Larry
02-15-2014, 12:02 PM
And now matched the same poor team we pummeled twice for a third time. You literally changed nothing.

abstraxlim
02-15-2014, 12:13 PM
so the morale of the story is....burnt gold....

OmgMileyCyrus
02-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Gree can't do much on matchups until teams stop avoiding each other. My syn has matched pretty much all top 10-75 teams and we are rank 25. But I did see AOW rank 2 put up 1.6m on the syn ranked 2226 at the time. When there's not many matchups that are fair and it's been 30 minutes what is gree supposed to do? Otherwise those whiners at SAS will make 6 more threads complaining about matchup time.

WCA
02-15-2014, 01:07 PM
I see what you did there, quite clever . You let syndicates build streaks by facing easy opponents and right before they get their streak to earn a prize you pair them with a overpowering opponent. This will encourage teams to use more gold so that they don't lose their current streak which they worked so hard to achieve . Very classy Gree , I applaud .

Jerle
02-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Matching the same team 3x in the first 24 hours shouldn't be possible, please post your guild name/code so we can verify

Asvaldr
02-15-2014, 03:18 PM
While players were spending thousands of dollars, anticipating for prizes, and to have a good fight war event, Gree was experimenting its new codings....

The Father
02-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Now a battle consists of our syndicate denting the wall....not enuff energy to actually battle...

So in the battles, I really can't battle...
When I rob, I can only rob 1-3 times....
I'm level 250, so I can't score....
Bricks no longer drop, uzis never drop.....

It really is shocking. I mean I'm truly stunned. 2 years of effort, and they just took it all away...

GucciMane
02-15-2014, 05:55 PM
We're getting worse(tougher) matchups than ever before, out syn is top 50/75 and our record this war so far is 3-23.

3-23.
3 wins, 23 losses.

Historically we are around 12-13, usually one-two more losses than wins at this point in the war.

We haven't gotten a top 5 syn yet, like we usually do, but I would honestly trade that for these consistently nightmarish top 25 squads.

This has been my worst war yet.

I love tacos
02-15-2014, 06:43 PM
Matching the same team 3x in the first 24 hours shouldn't be possible, please post your guild name/code so we can verifyHaha, no thanks for the changes. It's still redundant!! High level players are scoring 100 pts lower then last battle. I'm not spending the precious gold bars that you have a monopoly over. Gross. Last battle gree was 6th in total sales and this battle they are at 13. Lol…Only a few days left.

TZora
02-15-2014, 07:19 PM
lol we just got paired with a syndicate whose top lvl player is at 157, no players beyond that level. and, i don't see they have too many people with high attack/def. i have no idea how/why these guys were matched to us because they aren't even trying to score. but all of my attacks are fetching me 150 IP since i'm hitting a lvl 157 from lvl 230. boooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

GucciMane
02-15-2014, 08:12 PM
How were the match system problems even fixed?? for example, by the end of this war we will have vs Silver Surfers three times. We've already hit vs them twice and we've only been playing people in this tier range

Also have now vsed a top 10 since my last post

RuckusX
02-15-2014, 08:25 PM

No, not quite. More money for Gree is all that is about. You are almost comical with your exclamation.

RuckusX
02-15-2014, 08:28 PM
You're a drunk bartender trying to serve us pisswater, exclaiming it's Scotch.

kimberleyj
02-16-2014, 02:01 AM
we was top 1000 last war and got matched up against a team that was top 50 on our first battle plus there stats was a lot stronger than ours . also ip seems to be lower this war and the wall seems to be harder to take down , we seem to be doing less damge to the wall.

aron
02-16-2014, 05:28 AM
Matching the same team 3x in the first 24 hours shouldn't be possible, please post your guild name/code so we can verify

We have only matched the same team twice so far this round, but the matching times are horrible!! With no exceptions we've been matched 15-25 mins after declaring every time.. That made it impossible for us to do 55 wins, also 50 wins will be hard.

In other words you are advertising something that is not possible to get!!

redinator
02-16-2014, 07:34 AM
The matchups have been fair this war. Much better than the past. Except when we were going for 4 in a row and got matched to top 650 syn.

Heapsofblue
02-16-2014, 12:47 PM
Well its beyond me. Everytime gree says they are fixing something, they make it worse. My syndicate has only done 10 battles and are just outside the top 750, and i mean just. So less syndicates are battling as like my one we have had enough. We only battled for fun, but honestly there is no point.
I cant rob any one anymore since all the changes. I go onto a good hood with lots of goold buildings just waiting to be robbed. I hit a good one and get some money. I hit it again and get msg saying cant rob....then all the other buildings loose their money bags. Really over it.

cooch
02-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Well for streak teams and small headcount teams get over it. Gree has been changing battle coding to eliminate streak teams from winning and will continue to do so. For streaks of normal teams they throw everyone like SAS or TAW etc at you.

Some of the changes need to be tweaked again. Seems to be overboard on matchups.

BTW being in a Declare Room (last war) and no Declare Room (this war) no difference to my syn. So Miley is over stating issue and no way the major or significant impact on matchups. It's gree coding.

The bigger issue is the point differential and losses in PVP. Differentials or consistently low pts on PVP plus losses when over 81% stronger are just dumb, uninspiring gold grabs. Figure out another way to get your gold as most of the lower syns that breed future big gold spenders will lose enthusiasm. Heck the old gold timers are as well.

ohlo-00
02-16-2014, 01:12 PM
I have a question. Is IP totaly random? We have 15% influence increase. Usualy i get 200-300ip but many times less than 200. Only few times more than 400ip. Lvl89 vs lvl180-230 and so. Or lvl 231 vs 250. Or lvl39 vs 38

GucciMane
02-16-2014, 02:10 PM
At level 116 and 11M attack I now run the risk being kicked out of my syn because I can't find a target.

We consistently are playing so many top 25 squads I can't hang.

This war may force me to quit. I didn't buy my vault this time because I CANT FIND A TARGET EVEN THOUGH IM 11M ATTACK

war was the only thing keepin me in this

OmgMileyCyrus
02-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Well for streak teams and small headcount teams get over it. Gree has been changing battle coding to eliminate streak teams from winning and will continue to do so. For streaks of normal teams they throw everyone like SAS or TAW etc at you.

Some of the changes need to be tweaked again. Seems to be overboard on matchups.

BTW being in a Declare Room (last war) and no Declare Room (this war) no difference to my syn. So Miley is over stating issue and no way the major or significant impact on matchups. It's gree coding.

The bigger issue is the point differential and losses in PVP. Differentials or consistently low pts on PVP plus losses when over 81% stronger are just dumb, uninspiring gold grabs. Figure out another way to get your gold as most of the lower syns that breed future big gold spenders will lose enthusiasm. Heck the old gold timers are as well.you misunderstand me.....it's not that you in particular are. It's that most top 50 teams are which means they are facing much weaker teams than they should. Trust me, we have not faced but maybe 1 tough syndicate and even on that syndicate we put up 265k IP. When all these teams avoid each other it means they ruin a top 500(or worse) syn's day.

Smuuve
02-16-2014, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=GucciMane;1202531]At level 116 and 11M attack I now run the risk being kicked out of my syn because I can't find a target.

I agree with most posts in this thread but something is seriously wrong with this post. I'm 10mil attack and in a top 50 syn, although we've been flirting with top 25 all this war. And I have no trouble finding a target. Now, I sometimes get 200 IP for hitting a lvl 200+ and I'm lvl 147, but I have found a target in every battle. Even the ones we got smashed by top 10 teams.

cmbrbb
02-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Ok so we bought the wall attack for $500 million after trying to take down a level 10 wall and barely made a dent. The very next war we hit the level 10 wall and the damage didn't change at all and the points didn't increase. So basically you killed the wall attack bonus. The points we are getting even when the lower level walls are down is nothing like what we were seeing before. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

cooch
02-16-2014, 08:54 PM
you misunderstand me.....it's not that you in particular are. It's that most top 50 teams are which means they are facing much weaker teams than they should. Trust me, we have not faced but maybe 1 tough syndicate and even on that syndicate we put up 265k IP. When all these teams avoid each other it means they ruin a top 500(or worse) syn's day.

Gotcha! We have not been so lucky. Nothing lower than 70 for us. Been hoping though. Seen a lot of pics of bad mismatches from 1-25.

cooch
02-16-2014, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=GucciMane;1202531]At level 116 and 11M attack I now run the risk being kicked out of my syn because I can't find a target.

I agree with most posts in this thread but something is seriously wrong with this post. I'm 10mil attack and in a top 50 syn, although we've been flirting with top 25 all this war. And I have no trouble finding a target. Now, I sometimes get 200 IP for hitting a lvl 200+ and I'm lvl 147, but I have found a target in every battle. Even the ones we got smashed by top 10 teams.

I am 99% sure Gucci really means he will get kicked because he won't make quota. Taking on those teams he probably has to hit command center for some teams. The rest probably not many pts because near or below his lvl to get any points. Heck with one team I was better off hitting command center...got more pts than a PVP or risked losing some PVP.

Zippy69
02-17-2014, 02:24 AM
Been said before but Wall Tweak is a Joke...

Making it harder to take down a Wall & then, actually reducing the points for hitting a Wall... WTF???

Best Points I've received from hitting a Wall this Event has been 29!
Before: it was always 40 points for a Hit & 80 points for Final Blow...

Players, especially in smaller & weaker Syndicates are having to use Gold to defeat Walls...

Now, that may be good for your Backpocket in the Short Term BUT, in long term you've just p*ssed off even more players & you seriously want us to Recommend this Game to Friends!!!???

Only + side of Wall Tweak is that it has affected the ridiculously strong streaking camper syndicates but, it's only slowed them down a bit...

My Syndicate Members buy their Gold on personal preference BUT I've been telling them to NOT USE ANY GOLD FOR WALLS, as that is just a crazy waste of resources!!

Chowda
02-17-2014, 07:23 AM
so where is all this feedback begging you to give us stronger hideouts?

this!!!!!!!

+1

xavvax
02-17-2014, 09:06 AM
My synds dl is about 8 million, he is about 2 mil higher than anyone else in our synd. Last battle about 1/2 the time he could beat the opposing dl. He has only been able to once or twice this battle. We had a matchup that the opposing dl was 39 million! That is 5x higher than our best player, everyone we scouted was better than our best player.

bigB88
02-17-2014, 09:27 AM
I quit the game for good a couple of weeks ago and haven't looked at the forum until today. Had some morbid curiosity on how Gree would screw up the game more. Sounds like they succeeded. Too bad, was a fun game and I will miss the great people I got to know, but I will not miss the Gree non-sense. Join the masses, quit the game, stop spending your time and/or money!!

generalpain
02-17-2014, 09:37 AM
rTo call this a heads up is insulting. First, we have seen the same syns multiple times. One we just fought for the4th time. Second, the new matching has put us up against teams that are much stronger. Our streak team has been very successful in the past, as matchups were easier. 2 days notice to prepare for a different kind of war is rediculous. You guys at Gree have become so greedy and keep demanding more time and money to be invested in the game, that all the fun has been taken out of it. What was once a fun social game that I didn't mind spending money in to get ahead and compete on a higher level has become a job that I'm forced to pay for or get left behind. You clearly aren't listening to your customers. To top it all off, the top teams are paying for houses with their battle for top, and Gree is smiling all the way to the bank. This game is not sustainable, and those who spend lightly (since when was $100 a month for gaming really acceptable to be considered lightly) are quickly being left in the dust.

To FC (yes AOW) and sas: you guys need to take a look in the mirror. You are being scammed. You can buy real estate for the money you're spending. You spend more money here than your average American does on their house payment. Your sending your hard earned money to a corrupt company based in Japan. And you think it's entertaining? This is dumber than actions of the US government. Get real.

PammyHoJo
02-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Our syndicate completed 34 battles and we were matched up with three syndicates, two times each. I didn't think this was supposed to happen?

cooch
02-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Our syndicate completed 34 battles and we were matched up with three syndicates, two times each. I didn't think this was supposed to happen?

Once per 24 hr day per Syn so you can get them 3 days in a row like SAS or TAW etc

kimberleyj
02-17-2014, 05:34 PM
hideouts our now too strong,it got to the point where we would only have 25 mins left on the clock by the time we had knocked down their wall. We had to give up on hitting walls. plus it didn't help that it was only the last day where we was matched against teams that was around our rankings. alot of them was 700/600 ranks higher then us. give us back our old walls, most teams are not gonna want to spend gold hitting down walls.

Niccy
02-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Well this was a lie! We fought the same few syndicates at least 3 times and we got matched with Silent assassins and we finished 51st... How's that fair??

beerman3828
02-17-2014, 09:46 PM
EXACTLY!!! Wtf is up with robbing a hood 1-3 times and all the buildings to rob disappear? Is this a fluke that will be fixed or is it supposed to be this way. This game has gotten so GREEdy and messed up that everyone in our syndicate and on these forums are dissatisfied so why doesn't GREE throw us some bones and acknowledge the complaints and make concessions to keep players. I'm changing my rating in the App Store to 1 star and encourage all to do the same until they respond by changing things to make this fun again. I'll never buy gold again and may quit all together

Well its beyond me. Everytime gree says they are fixing something, they make it worse. My syndicate has only done 10 battles and are just outside the top 750, and i mean just. So less syndicates are battling as like my one we have had enough. We only battled for fun, but honestly there is no point.
I cant rob any one anymore since all the changes. I go onto a good hood with lots of goold buildings just waiting to be robbed. I hit a good one and get some money. I hit it again and get msg saying cant rob....then all the other buildings loose their money bags. Really over it.

Heapsofblue
02-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Now thats a good idea... Im going to change my rating of the game as well. I was thinking today...i cant rob... I can do goals... But otherwise i just open game, collect from my buildings and then go play another game...so i am still playing this game why?.... Guess im living in the false hope gree d will listen tomus..

(violence) vinniecc
02-17-2014, 10:42 PM
I'd give Crime City 0 stars if I could because they have completely ruined this game beyond repair! Always events 24/7! Did you notice that they pushed this new download case event right on the hour at battles end! Too demanding, stat inflation with no end! Plus lousy Battle prizes that mean nothing, your star has burned out greedy!

iago
02-18-2014, 06:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Love the posts!

Robert M
02-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Awesome battle this time around seemed different i could tell. The wall was a lot harder to take down

Chamorrita83
02-19-2014, 03:19 AM
The new algorithm worked well for battle! Thank you!

tom73
02-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I'd give Crime City 0 stars if I could because they have completely ruined this game beyond repair! Always events 24/7! Did you notice that they pushed this new download case event right on the hour at battles end! Too demanding, stat inflation with no end! Plus lousy Battle prizes that mean nothing, your star has burned out greedy!

Case event is demanding? You are doing it wrong.

deano1981
04-02-2014, 02:59 PM

Any news on this as couple battles took place since and still no change? Especially with the individual leaderboards level 250 have to spend a lot more to gain IP equivalent off lower level players, where Is the incentive To level up and why would you if you have to spend more money, Also the new raid boss tier for level 250 being increased cannot see anyone wanting to reach 250 now! Some of the biggest spenders in the game are high level and many have already retired and sure many more will unless something is changed.

KazpersKandi
04-04-2014, 03:47 AM
Could be worse then that I suppose..

swkwn
04-06-2014, 04:32 PM
nice work gree

Thatkidyouknow
04-07-2014, 03:04 AM
Modern war recently made VP worth something. When will crime city do that?