PDA

View Full Version : I was only inquiring because.. (Flamers, no flaming plz)

RealTeflonDon
02-12-2014, 02:07 PM
TL;DR? Move along

Well, it would appear to me that, GREE employees are, for a lack of a better phrase, getting shafted.

With simple mishaps like "What is Love? VI", Android synd contribution bugs (that have been around for months- indicating little-to-no QA for Android), & a plethora of other issues plaguing both iOS & android alike. It would appear that the Dev team is spread too thin among their various games and this has translated into a drop in game quality, and increase in player/customer frustration (presumably across each of their games).

I applaud GREE for fixing the lag during BFEC events, but even that took how many cycles to iron out? Again, indicating that the team is spread too thin.

The obvious solution to the problem would be to hire more employees. Which is what lead me to lead this thread off under the inference that GREE employees are getting the shaft. How?

Well, it's unlikely that the GREE Devlopment HQ based in California is willing to request additional funding to take on more employees (albeit a possibility & even plausible). However, what is more likely is that Corporate is denying these possible requests, in order to keep the overhead costs down.

In recent news, Flappy Birds was taken off the App Stores.. Amazingly, that entirely free game generated an estimated $50,000 a DAY for D_o_n_g Nguyen (lol censor fail) and he will continue to see that profit from those people who still have the app on their devices. If that free app can rake in that kind of money, what does GREE bring in and why can't they seem to iron everything out in a reasonable time-frame?

Why has it taken so long to make Scratchers & store bought items/ buildings relevant again? Why have the various bugs that are reported, on an almost weekly basis, not been fixed? Why haven't we seen any kind of new content since the introduction of, "Raid Boss", style events? Why was the rivals list changed so drastically & in such a manner that it discourages spending real $$$? (And this list of questions could go on and on)

So, I know there are a few presumptions here, but this is where my original thread regarding, how many programmers does GREE have employed, was going.. The evidence would suggest that there is some truth behind where I'm coming from on this.

Again, flamers, please refrain from flaming GREE. Flame me if you'd like for putting an excessive amount of thought into this. Just trying to see it from GREE's perspective to figure out the "whys?"

b-w
02-12-2014, 02:09 PM
inb4 locked

RealTeflonDon
02-12-2014, 02:12 PM
inb4 locked

Time will tell. If the inb4 holds true, my only intent was to try and understand the "whys" and I did so as constructively as possible.

djonny88
02-12-2014, 02:16 PM
I Agree on this but i think people that are blaming gree are doing this to make them realize they have to hire more people.

b-w
02-12-2014, 02:23 PM
I think that it has to do with so many platforms. I also think it may be that what you think is fun may be a bore to others. Mo users mo money mo problems. From their perspective, we b!tch a lot and sometimes it isn't deserved..like complaining before an event starts that it already sucks etc. I agree it could be much better for me if they did some things different. I have seen some long overdue changes being attempted. The last war was much better and i really didn't have major issues with this last event. I finished easily, with my syndicate, and we spent no gold on it and some gained nearly a million in stats. That makes me happy but makes others angry at stat inflation..etc

(for the sake of using paragraphs)
They may be understaffed like you're suggesting also. They may be worried about obamacare and want to keep employees under the cap..(THANKS OBAMA)..don't know

RealTeflonDon
02-12-2014, 02:31 PM
I Agree on this but i think people that are blaming gree are doing this to make them realize they have to hire more people.

I appreciate your agreement but disagree on the point you tried to make. I think people complain and blame GREE because that's the Developer of the product. Whether it's done so constructively or not, 99.9% of the time there's no implication that is along the lines of, "hey you need to hire more people".

No one here really considers the GREE employee's perspective. Our threads are usually hate-filled rants or legitimate complaints with potshots taken at GREE by every other poster. (Self-admittedly)

The whole, GREE being a multimillion $$$ company doesn't help the situation whatsoever. The problem with that perspective is that GREE employees don't even see a percentage of that in their wages/salaries etc etc.. Then with all the issues we've seen, it just amplifies our frustrations to points beyond constructive.

Nighteg
02-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Why has it taken so long to make Scratchers & store bought items/ buildings relevant again?

I have been wondering about this for a long time. Adding new items to stores is an hour of work. Two, if you're lazy. Why does it take them 2 years to do it is beyond me.

Guisseppe17
02-12-2014, 03:32 PM
TL;DR? Move along

Well, it would appear to me that, GREE employees are, for a lack of a better phrase, getting shafted.

With simple mishaps like "What is Love? VI", Android synd contribution bugs (that have been around for months- indicating little-to-no QA for Android), & a plethora of other issues plaguing both iOS & android alike. It would appear that the Dev team is spread too thin among their various games and this has translated into a drop in game quality, and increase in player/customer frustration (presumably across each of their games).

I applaud GREE for fixing the lag during BFEC events, but even that took how many cycles to iron out? Again, indicating that the team is spread too thin.

The obvious solution to the problem would be to hire more employees. Which is what lead me to lead this thread off under the inference that GREE employees are getting the shaft. How?

Well, it's unlikely that the GREE Devlopment HQ based in California is willing to request additional funding to take on more employees (albeit a possibility & even plausible). However, what is more likely is that Corporate is denying these possible requests, in order to keep the overhead costs down.

In recent news, Flappy Birds was taken off the App Stores.. Amazingly, that entirely free game generated an estimated $50,000 a DAY for D_o_n_g Nguyen (lol censor fail) and he will continue to see that profit from those people who still have the app on their devices. If that free app can rake in that kind of money, what does GREE bring in and why can't they seem to iron everything out in a reasonable time-frame?

Why has it taken so long to make Scratchers & store bought items/ buildings relevant again? Why have the various bugs that are reported, on an almost weekly basis, not fixed? Why haven't we seen any kind of new content since the introduction of, "Raid Boss", style events? Why was the rivals list changed so drastically & in such a manner that it discourages spending real $$$? (And this list of questions could go on and on)

So, I know there are a few presumptions here, but this is where my original thread regarding, how many programmers does GREE have employed, was going.. The evidence would suggest that there is some truth behind where I'm coming from on this.

Again, flamers, please refrain from flaming GREE. Flame me if you'd like for putting an excessive amount of thought into this. Just trying to see it from GREE's perspective to figure out the "whys?"
I have to give you credit, this is the biggest, most well-written message directed at GREE I've ever seen on the forums, and all your points are pretty important. It seriously makes me sad that they're just going to ignore this and continue full-speed the way they're headed now (which isn't good). Although admittedly they have made a couple interesting changes, so maybe they are listening a little.

RealTeflonDon
02-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Thank you for your sentiments, Guisseppe. They're greatly appreciated.

I suppose a bit of my initial purpose in writing either of these threads was to encourage GREE (The corporation itself), to help support their development team(s), one way or the other. It's pretty clear that corporate wants to push event after event on the consumers of their games. Where, maybe the Developers themselves can understand the grind of what their games are and would be open to the possibility of easing up, letting us catch our breath. I think we saw a little bit of that in this most recent PvP. Naturally, corporate pressures will outweigh the concerns of the players, which makes this whole thing a delicate balancing act.

Additionally, some of the original intent was to provide an alternative perspective for us players to see things. While my OP was a pretty large presumption that the GREE Development Team is understaffed, its pretty clear that the Dev team is strained. Consequently, details minuet and otherwise, can and are, being overlooked.

I mean, we have CJ, Jerle, A&F, and now TheOracle (and a couple others) moderating the forums. Each of whom I believe to be members of the actual development team, be it design oriented, coding & debugging or otherwise (not 100% certain on that but fairly confident). That is sort of commonplace in an Indy Development team, however GREE is clearly much larger than that and corporate, at the very least, should be able to afford a couple designated forum moderators. People who can interact with the forum, providing us with information like A&F/ The Oracle does, as well as being in touch with the forum on issues that arise, promptly & daily; with the goal being to communicate that to the Team & iron that out as soon as possible.

So again, adding all of this up, it certainly seems to me that GREE's development team is strained. More than likely due to being spread too thin across their games and are consequently understaffed to effectively manage them.