PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Thanks Gree! : ) + Post your black crate strategy/progress!

Sherah
02-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Yay! I looooove these events - thank you Gree! : ) In my PERSONAL opinion, they are well worth the gold I spend on them.

I also LOVE that we are getting some really good rewards at regular intervals too so even if you don't get all collect all 10 emps you don't walk away empty handed. I think that's a sweet deal...

SO... How are you guys progressing? Here is my progress:

- 4 Gold Opens
- 2 Gold Resets
- 4/10 emps collected

I don't really have a box event "strategy" and I don't normally reset with gold but right now I am just too excited to wait. Sometimes I alternate between gold and cash opens. I will be resetting again if I can get another crate to drop soon.

I also have a question for other players - I have read that a lot of players use a bunch of gold opens and resets in the first few hours of the event because they say that is when you have the best open rate for whatever thingamajiggy you happen to be collecting. Can anyone confirm or deny whether this is true (i.e. that the event gets progressively harder as time goes on)?

Do you guys have a box event strategy?:)

pablodiablo696996
02-10-2014, 05:07 PM
I am on android. I have attack raided and even done maps. No crates. So when i get some I will let you know

Sherah
02-10-2014, 05:19 PM
I am on android. I have attack raided and even done maps. No crates. So when i get some I will let you know

Hi Pablo, did you try resetting? I find that sometimes helps... They are a little tough to get - FYI - I don't know if this helps but I went through 2K energy and I didn't get any crates from missions (maps), none of my crates dropped from raids either - all of them came from attacks. FYI - I'm still working on getting a fifth one - they are not dropping as plentifully as they sometimes do but maybe focus on doing attacks, that might help a little....

Cruzinit
02-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Got them all thank you.

Systematrix
02-10-2014, 07:35 PM
I've had the most success using gold during the first 12-24 hrs of the event. I usually try to get up to 8 and then use cash opens to try and get the last 2. Too many times I've tried using gold in the last day of the event to get the last one only to come up empty-handed and angry as hell. =P

DTA-HOG
02-10-2014, 08:47 PM
I have a great strategy. Works like a charm. I will not however be employing it for a defensive bonus. I suggest you guys keep your strategies to yourself because if Gree finds out that you have something that works, they will squash it like a bug.

Luke7676
02-10-2014, 08:53 PM
So far I'm just at 1 on the Android, and 2 on the ios. All cash opens, and attempting opening since 4pm cst.

If I get to 8 with cash opens, I'll probably use some gold to try and finish.

Good luck to all!

Sherah
02-10-2014, 11:13 PM
I've had the most success using gold during the first 12-24 hrs of the event. I usually try to get up to 8 and then use cash opens to try and get the last 2. Too many times I've tried using gold in the last day of the event to get the last one only to come up empty-handed and angry as hell. =P

That sounds like a good plan - I should probably do something like that too I'm a little out of control now - 15 gold opens, 6 or 7 gold resets and so far I have 7/10... I REALLY hope I get all 10 before the end of the event :)

Sherah
02-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Got them all thank you.

Did you get all 10 already?!? Wow, that's amazing! Did you have to do a lot of resets?

Good luck to everyone! :)

Colonel J
02-11-2014, 12:24 AM
You cant blame gree for having a sence of humour. The more you over react the more satisfaction they get. Be greatful for 6000 dollars. Its better than nothing. Learn to be content with what you have and not what you dont have. Thats the recipie for happiness. Like Forrest Gump says gree is like a box of chocolates you do know what your gunna get. SORRY try again next time.

jester1989
02-11-2014, 08:18 AM
I hate crates or boxes events. I spend 4k as usual and only gets screwed over. Out of a entire day of attempting to open with cash, i get lucky with only 1 open. A majority of the time during the day, i get no opens and that means 10+ attempts. This event is stupid beyond all recongition

Luuzer
02-11-2014, 10:34 AM
have 5 out of 10 so far...cash openings. Love the whopping 500 valor prizes. Gonna buy something nice with them :D

free play
02-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Got them all last event, all cash , different times and hours of the day, just a lottery event, that's all

Cook Russ
02-11-2014, 11:19 AM
7 EMPs so far within the first 24 hours, probably my PR. Cash opens. Still not holding breath about future luck, but I have finished this event many times with cash only.

Jjqr
02-13-2014, 02:50 AM
Try to open the black crates..
result till now ; 0/10...

Luke7676
02-13-2014, 03:51 AM
My ios is sitting on 9 EMPS and my Droid is on 6. Attempting opens 18 hours a day with cash.

JerseyGirl
02-13-2014, 07:50 AM
I got 8\10 i open like 5-6 a day, with cash. @Android

Jjqr
02-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Still 0/10, can someone please explane me ?

Arc Burn
02-13-2014, 09:12 AM
I haven't received a splash screen other than "sorry" since 4/10. Frequently get "server error" yet somehow i have 9/10 using cash opens.

Not complaining its just very strange.

Web323
02-13-2014, 10:05 AM
9/10 still since the first day with cash opens. Love that $4K and 150 Valor

Flidai
02-13-2014, 10:31 AM
On the first day I was able to get lots of EMPs but since the first day, in two accounts, I have only received one EMP between them. ONE! I have opened up many, many many black crates and spent gold to do so and still only one EMP, lots of $4,000 and 150 valor.... Really? In exchange for 15 gold! I'm not so happy. Seems that the EMP's quit existing after you receive 8 of them it's as if it triggers an, "off switch"! How do we get that switch turned back on?

Skelewu
02-13-2014, 10:32 AM
It's a luck of the draw when it comes to opening the crates. Some get lucky spending less gold while others spend 3 to 4 vaults opening it. The last day is very notorious for tons of gold expense so best to avoid trying to open it on the last day

Luuzer
02-13-2014, 11:06 AM
9/10 still since the first day with cash opens. Love that $4K and 150 Valor

sometimes U get even 300 valor, so 2x more!!! ;)

GEMH
02-13-2014, 11:28 AM

Make sure that you are using the most current game version and data set, or you will not be able to participate in current events. The latest data game version on Android is 3.9.7 and the data set is mw_20140211_3. You can check your data set by opening Menu>More>About. To update the data set on an Android device follow these instructions:

If you see the text "Updating" in the About field, please allow the game to continue downloading the new data set. When this is complete, you should see a pop-up which asks if you would like to "quit and restart to use the new data." Select yes, and when your game restarts you should have the new data.

If you do not see the text "Updating" in the About field, to update your data set please allow your game to run for 10-15 minutes, exit, and then restart. You may be required to perform this action more than once to receive the new data.

GEMH
02-13-2014, 11:35 AM
I haven't received a splash screen other than "sorry" since 4/10. Frequently get "server error" yet somehow i have 9/10 using cash opens.

Not complaining its just very strange.

There's a bug right now, where instead of displaying the prize notification screen after using gold to open a crate and receiving a prize, the "Better luck next time" message shows telling you to try gold. Our developers are aware of this issue, and are working on a fix. Despite the incorrect message, YOU ARE RECEIVING PRIZES. It is 100% guaranteed that when you use gold you get a prize. Maybe not the one you were hoping for, but you always get something.

Web323
02-13-2014, 11:41 AM
There's a bug right now, where instead of displaying the prize notification screen after using gold to open a crate and receiving a prize, the "Better luck next time" message shows telling you to try gold. Our developers are aware of this issue, and are working on a fix. Despite the incorrect message, YOU ARE RECEIVING PRIZES. It is 100% guaranteed that when you use gold you get a prize. Maybe not the one you were hoping for, but you always get something.

Prizes should be better if using gold

Mr llama
02-13-2014, 12:17 PM
This has been one of the best box events. First day opened six in a row then yesterday morning got #10 all cash openings

Dirty Mind
02-13-2014, 02:59 PM
I think the best way might be to not do a few. I finished a 10 case event a few months ago. Started the next one 5 for 5 and got a total of 2 more over then next 3.5 days. I was (and still am) sure that this is rigged. I declared shenanigans and didnt even open a single case over the next few events. I decided to try this one again and got all 10 in the first 24 hours. All cash opens, using a 1 hour timer, on Android. I bet the next event, I wont even get 7, the "winners" are pre-determined and if your name is drawn and you open enough cases, you'll finish. If not, your wasting your time.
Oh yeah, over those 3.5 days, I probably opened 18 per day. I only sleep about 4 hours and I used a timer, so unless I'm out of cell service, i'm opening them all day long.

Sherah
02-13-2014, 11:40 PM
I usually spend a little bit of gold on each event and I never get the big prizes because it's not enough and because I don't have a faction to help out (it's just me and my mini in my faction) so this time I decided I would spend all my gold on this case event. Now to be honest - I did well with opens the first day but the last couple of days I have been slacking on opens and I've only done about 7-10 per day. I had 800 gold bars and I decided that if I don't get it with that gold, then too bad, I'm not spending more - I've spent about 700 and I have had 9/10 since like 4am on the first day or something like that... I've only gold 100 gold left so I guess I"ll alternative between gold and cash opens - not sure if I'll get the 10th one but I sure hope so!

iamnasty
02-13-2014, 11:58 PM

yes, guranteed you will win something, on 9/10 for 48 hrs, already spent 4K gold and only with worthless 6K and sometimes a bit better 10K of GREEdy fake cash !!! Another of GREEdy con work !!!

Sherah
02-14-2014, 01:28 AM
I am staying up to open boxes, sigh I am going to be tired for work tomorrow... 4:30 am and still no luck... Really hoping for that 10th EMPS!

Lancerdually
02-14-2014, 08:41 AM
The excuse for getting a prize using gold even if you get the BLNT message is BS!!!!!!! How can we KNOW we got something besides being told "yes, you got something for it"......... got something alright, got bent!!!!!!!

nathanchen79
02-14-2014, 04:09 PM
I got my 10th EMP this morning~ our faction leader got that yesterday~

tatertots
02-14-2014, 06:38 PM
got nine in a row on the first day, all cash opens. Been stuck at nine for 3 days now. Wish I could just get 10 already

Luke7676
02-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Just got the 10th on my Android. All cash opens. No gold used. Sitting on 9 on the ios still

Jesse21
02-14-2014, 08:17 PM
Just got 10 all cash

U Mad?
02-14-2014, 08:18 PM
122 gold trys on 10/10 still don't have it. About to blow my top off. It's not even close to fair odds.

Luke7676
02-14-2014, 08:31 PM
122 gold trys on 10/10 still don't have it. About to blow my top off. It's not even close to fair odds.

The key is not to try so hard. I always wait till the last couple of hours to use gold, if I haven't won the prize yet. Using gold to soon is the wrong strategy to me. Just wasteful, until you have no choice. Try the free approach first.

Plus it will make you feel better :)

Bholmes
02-14-2014, 08:46 PM
The 10th one is always a problem for me.

MackChumper
02-14-2014, 10:30 PM
9/10 for the last 12 hours. I am always happy if I make it to 5/10 on these crate events.

Flidai
02-15-2014, 12:43 AM
I have plenty of crates but to open some 40 crates without an EMP after getting 9 in the first day, seems like there was a shut off switch on the EMPs. No one is that unlucky. I think once you begin spending gold you are sunk. They know it and you aren't getting anymore EMPs.

Crippled cow
02-15-2014, 01:25 AM
My bet is the droprate is HIGHLY determined by timeperiods. During one period the succesrate might be VERY high. On another timeperiod it can be practically zero. The thing is to know when, not spending if you get 5 failed tries. My bet is many people know of these periods but is smart enough not to tell.. That the first day works better seems like common knowledge, start at 0 day three and you wont get to 7 with only cash, which you almost always do on day one and two.

APeX_MW
02-15-2014, 01:46 AM
Been on 8/10 for 48 hrs now.

Sherah
02-15-2014, 03:49 AM
My results for anyone who is interested (I also posted this in the other box event thread):

I ended up spending about 900 total which is by far the most I have ever spent on an event... I thought I would really go for it this time and it would be worth it if I got the unit... I didn't get the unit but I still love these events - it's just my bad for being a little bit stupid about it. Next time I will go for all cash opens until I get 8 or 9 and then I will only spend about 100 trying to get the 10th... If I don't get the 10th then too bad - I am not spending any more. I am still happy having received some decent prizes but pretty much everyone I know got the same or similar results using cash open - which if you think about it is actually GREAT right? : ) I just realized that may sound sarcastic but I'm being serious. Personally I look forward to more of these events and I will look at it like a lottery - I might get very lucky and win or I might not but I won't blow my budget on this event again. You live you learn... I mean at least that's what is right for me - I would never tell anyone else how to play or claim to know the right way to do it.

For those who are interested I spent about 300 getting the first 9 in the first 24 hours and after that I opened about 45 crates, some with gold and some without - also I used gold to do some resets. No luck so I give up, also I need some sleep lol. Enough timers for me. lol.

WinkadInk
02-15-2014, 05:09 AM
I wasn't going to gain xp for these units then LTQ started and though ok. Didn't opens single crate day 1. Day 2 0 attempts, then yesterday I opened all 10 cash method almost one after another!

APeX_MW
02-15-2014, 06:33 AM
Finally got 9/10

frankie101
02-15-2014, 06:40 AM
Same im at 9/10 but i can't seem to get the 10th one it seems to me as if it was impossible :(