PDA

View Full Version : 6x Eros Dailys but a Goal and timer based on 5 - can a mod clarify please?

Aquaboo
02-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Background

Ever since the syndicate element of Epic Boss events was introduced, there have been 6 daily tasks. The event/prize list posted by A&F confirms that the syndicate element this time goes from Eros I to Eros VI.

This notwithstanding, the timer shows 2 and half days remaining in the raid boss individual goals at time of typing and we are mid way through the 3rd daily task. This would make you think 5 daily tasks in total if you didn't know better.

I know the text has always been a bit wonky on these events and always referred wrongly to 5 - I always thought it was a developer typo (not a biggie) which never got changed as the months and events passed!

Question Concerning 'Ending Eros McBride' Individual Goal

Everyone would like to finish and I'd like to know where the goalposts stand. The goal has two parts. The upper part concerns helping the 'Faction' (read syndicate) defeat Eros 5 times. The lower part requires players to defeat Eros 100 times.

My principal question is whether this means the syndicate must defeat Eros I to Eros V and as an individual you must have completed 100 takedowns within the first 5 days in order to win the Grand Prize?

Subsidiary Questions because of the 5/6 Thing

1. Can you reconfirm that there indeed 6 Eros daily tasks and the timer for 5 days is just an error?

2. Assuming the syndicate completes the upper part of 'Ending Eros McBride' in 5 days, can a player finish the 100 takedowns during Eros VI and win the Grand Prize on day 6? (This is important for many as they are pacing themselves so as to ensure their syndicate can go 6/6 on Eros I-VI)

aron
02-10-2014, 01:01 AM
How hard can it be to understand that there is 6 daily goals which you only need 5 + the indi one to get the grand prize...? It's always been like this... jeeez

Aquaboo
02-10-2014, 01:06 AM
How hard can it be to understand that there is 6 daily goals which you only need 5 + the indi one to get the grand prize...? It's always been like this... jeeez

It can be fairly difficult for us feeble minded who don't understand how you can have 6 daily tasks when the timer says the event and goals expire after 5 days.

Eros I-VI eh? Half way thru Eros III with 2 and a half days left on the event clock - explain how you bend time in that way please Einstein

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Aquaboo has a very valid question.

They claim their countdown timers should be relied upon and not the calendar.

Aquaboo
02-10-2014, 01:25 AM
For sure Ysae - if these individual goals are gonna disappear in 2 days 9 hours as the timer says, then we need to know that!

Aquaboo
02-10-2014, 05:17 AM
wakey wakey A&F

surfinguy369
02-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Don't worry they won't bother responding. They just sit there and laugh at all the people crying on the forums!!

Go4Seven
02-10-2014, 01:45 PM
There are only 5 days in this event, unless today's data push (for the LTQ) extends it further.

In the past, we have had 6 days for the event and needed to complete 5 syndicate goals. This time, we have 5 days to complete 5 syndicate goals. There is no slack. You should plan to complete your 100 kills in five days.

Both the game timer and the game goals indicate 5 days. The only thing that indicates 6 days is the spreadsheet posted by A&F. The spreadsheet had copy-paste errors in it (defense stats were accidentally doubled). We should believe what the actual game tells us, not the spreadsheet with copy-paste errors.

ScornfulRapier
02-10-2014, 02:19 PM
There are rumors about tomorrow being split into two twelve hour events.

CJ54
02-10-2014, 02:32 PM
The event is for five days this time due to scheduling, but the text was not updated. We're fixing the text for the next time; you still only need 5 (which is good, because you can only complete it five times this time).

Don't worry they won't bother responding. They just sit there and laugh at all the people crying on the forums!!

And yet, here we are!

tom73
02-10-2014, 05:05 PM
The event is for five days this time due to scheduling, but the text was not updated. We're fixing the text for the next time; you still only need 5 (which is good, because you can only complete it five times this time).

And yet, here we are!

Thx for clarification cj. I will get crackin.

Jclew
02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
This did change for this event though. Previously we had 6 days and 5 goals, so you could miss one and still make it. The noose is tightening.