PDA

View Full Version : My WD Suggestion

Kefa
02-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Well, everyone has them, so here's mine, lol...

Just eliminate WD points and use battle points. It's more fair, consistent, and understandable.

I hit a guy using a power attack who turned out to have a defense stat that was 1.59 x my attack stat. He was also 108 levels above me (133 vs. 241).

Somehow, I won the attack, got some $$, and got a personal record 3,126 battle points, which felt pretty cool. But then I saw the WD points... 237. Mind you, yes, the wall was down.

So, since it was a power attack, that ended up being just under 60 points per hit-worth of health. I really felt that it was an accomplishment in its rite, and that it should warrant something better than hitting the command center instead of worse, and it got me thinking, why not just use the battle point formula for WD score?

tl;dr: replace current WD point formula with the existing BP formula.

solowalker
02-09-2014, 08:22 PM
The problem with that is minis are king and your level destroys you. even the bp system is flawed for a fair and balanced war.

LordIndy
02-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Well, everyone has them, so here's mine, lol...

Just eliminate WD points and use battle points. It's more fair, consistent, and understandable.

I hit a guy using a power attack who turned out to have a defense stat that was 1.59 x my attack stat. He was also 108 levels above me (133 vs. 241).

Somehow, I won the attack, got some $$, and got a personal record 3,126 battle points, which felt pretty cool. But then I saw the WD points... 237. Mind you, yes, the wall was down.

So, since it was a power attack, that ended up being just under 60 points per hit-worth of health. I really felt that it was an accomplishment in its rite, and that it should warrant something better than hitting the command center instead of worse, and it got me thinking, why not just use the battle point formula for WD score?

tl;dr: replace current WD point formula with the existing BP formula.

Not that amazing of a hit since a PA is worth 1.5 and the person was 1.59x. Also individual WD on a single hit matter nothing. It is a widely varied number. If you made that successful hit 100 times your average score would be well over 300

Kefa
02-09-2014, 08:49 PM
The problem with that is minis are king and your level destroys you. even the bp system is flawed for a fair and balanced war.

BP isn't based on level, it's based on your stats and rank vs. your opponent's stats and rank, and rank is based on total battle points. The higher your opponents defense stat, the higher BP you'll get, and if their rank is higher than yours that increases it as well. For BP, stats are king, not level, and it rewards you if you can beat someone with more experience than you, which I think is absolutely proper.

It's current WD points that skew favor to "mini's" and reward attacking someone higher level than you without considering their stats or the risk you take in the attack. Attack someone 100 levels above you with 1/10th your stats, and the points are the same as attacking someone with the same exact stats as yours.

Kefa
02-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Not that amazing of a hit since a PA is worth 1.5 and the person was 1.59x. Also individual WD on a single hit matter nothing. It is a widely varied number. If you made that successful hit 100 times your average score would be well over 300

The discussion isn't about my one hit, it's about a better scoring method for World Domination that rewards risk instead of caution.

DTA-HOG
02-09-2014, 08:51 PM

Hey are you in Indianapolis?

Big C
02-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Interesting idea, takes away some of the "punishment" for being a long time player who has leveled up over the course of a year or two.

Brizzol
02-10-2014, 12:23 AM
I would like to see this happen. I don't think it will though, low levels will always get the advantage.

Kefa
02-10-2014, 08:26 AM
I would like to see this happen. I don't think it will though, low levels will always get the advantage.

I know it's a long shot, but just maybe the right person will see it, lol.

Luuzer
02-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Interesting idea, takes away some of the "punishment" for being a long time player who has leveled up over the course of a year or two.

not really, minis will get much more battlepoints. My mini gets 2x more battlepoints in war also. Usually around 2000, while I get mostly 300-1000 (and even that 1000 is rare)