PDA

View Full Version : Box Event Recommendation

Jomama1
02-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Gree,

These box events are causing a lot of unnecessary angst and I think you are missing an opportunity to make more money and keep players happy.

As currently structured, many players are afraid to gem. Worse, some that do, fail and get frustrated, leaving the game.

Recommend you add an option to guarantee a success. Keep it expensive so folks don't use it until the end and don't change the percentages. I am thinking something like 500 gems per item. This would provide a lot of relief to folks who know that if they get stuck on the last item they can just buy it and not risk losing mountains for nothing. I bet you would end up making more cash overall.

People uniformly hate these box events - something needs to change.

Euchred
02-09-2014, 09:37 AM
I think they need to remove the "wrapper prize" element from the collect 10 events. Have the GLTQ prize, heck even give it a modifier. Making it so you have to complete the collect 10 to get the second modifier is a but much.

Voxker
02-09-2014, 01:01 PM
if only it was that easy. but good luck of course.

DavidtheBoo
02-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Gree just says ' sorry, better luck next time'

Shadows
02-09-2014, 01:22 PM
What happened to games having an element of suspense? While I totally get the frustration of not receiving the 10th box while living on 9 for two days, it seems like some fun would go out of a game where everyone was guaranteed to win the event if they spent X amount of money... games are typically decided by either skill, strength, or luck... knowing that everyone could win this game if they were willing to plunk down money just gets us back to the times where everyone complained about FUN always winning because they were willing to spend the most money... I'd hate to see this game be decided yet again by who was willing/able to pay the most money!

Person
02-09-2014, 01:38 PM
What happened to games having an element of suspense? While I totally get the frustration of not receiving the 10th box while living on 9 for two days, it seems like some fun would go out of a game where everyone was guaranteed to win the event if they spent X amount of money... games are typically decided by either skill, strength, or luck... knowing that everyone could win this game if they were willing to plunk down money just gets us back to the times where everyone complained about FUN always winning because they were willing to spend the most money... I'd hate to see this game be decided yet again by who was willing/able to pay the most money!

Try not getting item 10 after 4 days of having 9, opening 18-24 per day.

Shadows
02-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Try not getting item 10 after 4 days of having 9, opening 18-24 per day.

Okay, then try getting them every freakin' time just by paying a lot of money... and then the amount necessary goes up next time... and goes up even more the next event.... do you honestly think there won't be threads complaining about how unfair it is that people who are willing to plunk down loads of money are getting all the cool items, and that it's wrong how Gree is allowing such a huge chasm between those who have high stats (read pay lotsa bucks!) and those who don't?

Person
02-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Okay, then try getting them every freakin' time just by paying a lot of money... and then the amount necessary goes up next time... and goes up even more the next event.... do you honestly think there won't be threads complaining about how unfair it is that people who are willing to plunk down loads of money are getting all the cool items, and that it's wrong how Gree is allowing such a huge chasm between those who have high stats (read pay lotsa bucks!) and those who don't?

well done! You passed Gree economics 101!

Now for the case study "how much can we charge them without inciting a mass exodus?"

Shadows
02-09-2014, 01:59 PM
well done! You passed Gree economics 101!

Now for the case study "how much can we charge them without inciting a mass exodus?"

LOLOL Agreed! I think Gree needs to revisit that one, based upon all the goodbye threads...

Voxker
02-09-2014, 02:11 PM
now the wait for the threads complaining on how too strong the RB is.

Person
02-09-2014, 02:31 PM

doubt we'll get much complaining about that. I am however going to laugh really hard when they release legendary rewards in the 8k's of stats :P

Tigertiger55
02-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Ok, let's get started.
2,147,483,647 HP for level 75 boss and up. WTF?

SF Shadow87
02-09-2014, 04:23 PM
2,147,483,647 HP for level 75 boss and up. WTF?
If u look closely L75 and L80 boss have the same HP. Clearly it's not right

Jomama1
02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
I would prefer to get rid of the box events are tone them down. But having folks spend 4-5 mountains and fail is just bad business...

And BTW, this is not sour g****s - I did get my ten.

Tigertiger55
02-09-2014, 04:51 PM
...and so have L85 L90 L95 and L100. Someone way cleverer than me said this is a maximum number that can be coded in game (or something like that). It probably means you'll just have to kill bigger multiples to complete each quest level. We'll see in a few days

SF Shadow87
02-09-2014, 04:56 PM
That's possible the HP is more likely to be that of the L100 it's been that High the last few boss's I'm pretty sure

Euchred
02-09-2014, 04:56 PM
...and so have L85 L90 L95 and L100. Someone way cleverer than me said this is a maximum number that can be coded in game (or something like that). It probably means you'll just have to kill bigger multiples to complete each quest level. We'll see in a few days

You're part right, however the iPhone 5s runs on a 64 bit system so it goes above the max integer. The last RBs boss 100 had 2.5 billion health so judging by those screen caps it'll be much stronger this round.

LordIndy
02-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Gree,

These box events are causing a lot of unnecessary angst and I think you are missing an opportunity to make more money and keep players happy.

As currently structured, many players are afraid to gem. Worse, some that do, fail and get frustrated, leaving the game.

Recommend you add an option to guarantee a success. Keep it expensive so folks don't use it until the end and don't change the percentages. I am thinking something like 500 gems per item. This would provide a lot of relief to folks who know that if they get stuck on the last item they can just buy it and not risk losing mountains for nothing. I bet you would end up making more cash overall.

People uniformly hate these box events - something needs to change.

Yes people uniformly hate box events. Why? Because they are totally luck dependent. So the question remains, the one proven "best" strategy is to simply gem it all the way through in the beginning few hours. As counterintuitive as that may seem, it is still best.

Gree even advertises that the event gets more difficult as you go along, but people still try to collect as many as they can for free and then spend thousands of gems to get the last.

If you are looking for a guarantee, spend your gems on something that has a set finite ending, not something that is a random luck of the draw. If you want to guarantee the lottery, you must purchase all possible combinations for that individual drawing. It is impossible to do in a box event as you only get one draw at a time.

Voxker
02-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Yes people uniformly hate box events. Why? Because they are totally luck dependent. So the question remains, the one proven "best" strategy is to simply gem it all the way through in the beginning few hours. As counterintuitive as that may seem, it is still best.

Gree even advertises that the event gets more difficult as you go along, but people still try to collect as many as they can for free and then spend thousands of gems to get the last.

If you are looking for a guarantee, spend your gems on something that has a set finite ending, not something that is a random luck of the draw. If you want to guarantee the lottery, you must purchase all possible combinations for that individual drawing. It is impossible to do in a box event as you only get one draw at a time.

such as the previous set of LTQ's, 200k units so much worth.

Zepson
02-10-2014, 04:14 AM
Recommend you add an option to guarantee a success. Keep it expensive so folks don't use it until the end and don't change the percentages. I am thinking something like 500 gems per item.

If GREE did this they would never give you the 10th item with cash openings, not from the first hour until the last. If they added this option you would only get the last item by spending those 500 gems or whatever.

Person
02-10-2014, 04:22 AM

That works, or just set yourself a budget and stick to it. Im no big gemmer, if i get to 9 for free with more than a day left i'd spend 100-200 gems max on gem opens. Finished it once, and played all, gemmed on 4. The one i finished gave me a health regen boost, so im content.

Jnsolberg
02-10-2014, 05:17 AM
"I hate box events" is a very common statement in my guilds!
"If I don't get that 10th (book), I'm going to quit the game" is another common statement.

I have 4 games, and I just used gold. I got 10 in 2 games, 9 in the other 2. I used Magic Keys for the last 4 openings in the 2 games that had 9. That's it!

Maybe we can do without the box events! I hate box events!

Greybeard
02-10-2014, 08:28 AM
The reason they ain't doing anything about the guild jumping during the GQ portion of this quest is because they know they got the individual quest rigged for max gemming. (and btw, they make too much money from box events for them to ever go away!) ;-) As stated above, they change the drop rate throughout the event and it is probably set to .000001% by the last day.