PDA

View Full Version : How do you get special chars in syndicate/user-name?

[INFAMOUS]
02-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Hi

How do you get special characters in the syndicate/player name?

with special characters I mean the copyright symbol and trademark?

When I try to swap player name you cant paste, so I wonder how those who have these special characters have done.

Regards

sister morphine
02-09-2014, 09:24 AM
I've got an app called Unicode Map on my phone, which contains thousands of symbols. You can type something into it, then copy/paste on the game. Sadly I can't access it directly from my keyboard in game.

There are probably others similar - maybe accessible from the keyboard in game?

[INFAMOUS]
02-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Exactly, it Isnt accessible in game. If there is such an app which are. I would love to know about it.

ant1greeny2
02-09-2014, 09:43 AM
On IOS just enable emoji keyboard, then type whatever special character you want in the notes page & copy & paste it to CC.
For some reason it is disabled within the app.

[INFAMOUS]
02-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Doesn't work to paste, already said that.

Or how do you mean with enable emoji?

I got emoji enabled but it doesn't work in-game.

Also, yes it works when sending msgs etc. But I'm talking about name change.

ant1greeny2
02-09-2014, 11:26 AM
You should be able to copy & paste it.
If that doesn't work, then I don't know.

[INFAMOUS]
02-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Anyone? admin maybe?

RealTeflonDon
02-09-2014, 01:39 PM
You should be able to copy & paste. To open your clipboard, push the little clipboard-looking button in your bottom left corner (if you're on android). If you're iOS, sorry I can't help.

This is how you get special characters in your in-game name, though. Copy & paste.

sister morphine
02-09-2014, 02:57 PM
You should be able to copy & paste. To open your clipboard, push the little clipboard-looking button in your bottom left corner (if you're on android). If you're iOS, sorry I can't help.

This is how you get special characters in your in-game name, though. Copy & paste.
Agreed. I'm wondering if there's some block on emoji characters as they're not showing up on wall messages now - fine on news, but not coming through to the wall for some reason.

GucciMane
02-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Fair warning you put special chars in your name you're gonna get scouted by one of my boys during war.

Have high stats!

sister morphine
02-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Fair warning you put special chars in your name you're gonna get scouted by one of my boys during war.
Ooh! Scary, lol

GucciMane
02-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Ooh! Scary, lol

nothing wrong with a little friendly hazing. you gotta earn those special chars!

sister morphine
02-09-2014, 04:38 PM
nothing wrong with a little friendly hazing. you gotta earn those special chars!
It's an open invitation for the op to get all his lowest level people to have them and the high levels not, isn't it though? ;)

GucciMane
02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
It's an open invitation for the op to get all his lowest level people to have them and the high levels not, isn't it though? ;)

You know we don't scout the low levels sister! An interesting theory though.....alls fair in reverse psychology on the forums :rolleyes:

bravo 6 vk
02-10-2014, 06:03 AM
app called Unicode Map
Wow. That has way too much symbols!!!

sister morphine
02-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Wow. That has way too much symbols!!!
Lol, true. You can create your own keyboards inside it though ;)

[INFAMOUS]
02-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Still doesn't answer my question.

How do you get special characters in the in-game name without paste? It DOESN'T work!

sister morphine
02-10-2014, 04:22 PM
;1194612']Still doesn't answer my question.

How do you get special characters in the in-game name without paste? It DOESN'T work!
Sometimes they show up and sometimes they don't. During an MW battle today I found a guy whose name was just 💩. It showed up on the list of names, but when I tried attacking him the battle screen was just a box.