PDA

View Full Version : Gree making streaking impossible !

jopdermod
02-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Was happy to spend vaults on streaking .. but then came Gree facing us (20acts) up with (13acts) which no one of us could even win a PA not once .. but twice !

WAS happy to spend .. but since this is our second match-up like this .. we will not spend anymore this war!!
Will not be blowing vaults to NOT get the modifier !!

Just fix the match-up engine and would be happy to spend, but when it's made impossible why would we spend ??

Thinking about refunding my gold purchases, these match-ups can't be fair and therefore money spend is spend on a false promise.

Dirty Mind
02-08-2014, 04:06 PM
sigh.....I doubt your opponents think streaking is impossible
hmmm.... what faction are you in? I'm in a 13 man faction, wonder if it was us that destroyed your will to play. lol

Westusmc
02-08-2014, 05:51 PM
The matchups aren't broken. You get matched up with a faction with relatively the same WS points but there is a wide range depending on who declares around the same time. We just got matched up with a streak team we can't touch. It happens. You can plan and plan but so do other teams and sometimes they are better.

Randylc69
02-08-2014, 06:11 PM
just checking, so somebody else did to you what you plan on doing to others and now you want a re fund of your money, i wonder how all the (40 man acts) you face in which not one of them could even win a PA not once .. but twice !, feel about that

redvenge99
02-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Lol... HAHAHAHA..

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Wonder if WD has run its course now?

Doesn't seem to be a lot of happiness. Don't know why you bother if you're not happy.

A little like self flagellation isn't it?

ac_ric
02-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Was happy to spend vaults on streaking .. but then came Gree facing us (20acts) up with (13acts) which no one of us could even win a PA not once .. but twice !

WAS happy to spend .. but since this is our second match-up like this .. we will not spend anymore this war!!

Just fix the match-up engine and would be happy to spend, but when it's made impossible why would we spend ??

Thinking about refunding my gold purchases, these match-ups can't be fair and therefore money spend is spend on a false promise.

Just because you decided to streak and ended up losing doesn't necessarily make you a streaking team.
Streak teams know the deal. We take our wins and losses. Suggest you go back to rank play so you do not have to face fellow streakers.

Sniper76
02-08-2014, 06:28 PM

Don't see how streaking is impossible. My faction is 23-0. Seems to work for us.

I don't see how streaking is impossible. My faction is 23-0 at the moment. We seem to be doing just fine.

Sinisterclick
02-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Just because you decided to streak and ended up losing doesn't necessarily make you a streaking team.
Streak teams know the deal. We take our wins and losses. Suggest you go back to rank play so you do not have to face fellow streakers. 5-1 to Liverpool ha ha ha...... And that is trolling... Lol

ac_ric
02-08-2014, 06:54 PM
5-1 to Liverpool ha ha ha...... And that is trolling... Lol

was hoping no one noticed that on here..:(

Sinisterclick
02-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Good luck in Turkey, not sure you 'll need it though.. Lol

Sinisterclick
02-08-2014, 07:02 PM
As a retiree l notice everything, for some reason l have so much time on my hands... Should really be sleeping now... Robo

Big C
02-08-2014, 07:12 PM
As a member of a 28 member faction struggling to get back into the top 1500, all I have to say is "Ain't Karma wonderful."

BadCompanyAlliance
02-08-2014, 07:24 PM
I really don't get your point.. Are you moaning because your streak faction faced another streak faction and sucked?
LOL. Karma exists so..

Brizzol
02-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Now streak teams are moaning about facing better streak teams? lol.

Blade of 3
02-08-2014, 08:21 PM

Now you know how us non-streaking teams feel. Annoying huh?

Now streak teams are moaning about facing better streak teams? lol.
lmao. Welcome to the world of Modern War, where plays contradict themselves.

Mw addict
02-08-2014, 10:36 PM
How does it feel to face teams that you can't beat and shouldn't have been matched against like other comments here now you know how players going for rank feel we can not get any points to go to our rank when we match up with streaker teams apart from the command centre great fun isn't it

good gawd noooo
02-09-2014, 12:18 AM
I am actually pleased by this post. it is nice to know streak teams get screwed by other streak teams. I would of thought gree would of done something like create a separate teir or adjust the match up so they would be facing other streak teams 90 percent of time thus allowing normal teams to have a shot. but lol this almost makes it worth it

I am a cow!
02-09-2014, 01:32 AM
LOL how's that karma tasting how u like dem a apples now??? We all hate streak teams so if your one don't complain your stronger than a lot of us be happy with that I'm happy not streaking because I'd rather my pants stay on! ;)

Staffordbhoy
02-09-2014, 02:04 AM
I'm in a 50 player faction and the streak team idea with low player number factions is ruining the game. In the first 12 wars we played one team similar to ourselves in player number and won a great battle with both teams scoring highly. In the other 11 battle we met teams with between 9 and 12 players where only 2 of our team could actually score a win.

By yesterday evening a lot of our players who have in the faction for a year, were talking about packing it in completely. The win streak teams are sucking the fun out the game. I know we could go for the same strategy, but it really isn't the way tehe game should develop is it. Small groups being pretty inactive and just having a war with really low scoring battles. It might get them the streak prizes, but it is not much fun for a game.

blank201
02-09-2014, 03:41 AM
By yesterday evening a lot of our players who have in the faction for a year, were talking about packing it in completely. The win streak teams are sucking the fun out the game. I know we could go for the same strategy, but it really isn't the way tehe game should develop is it. Small groups being pretty inactive and just having a war with really low scoring battles. It might get them the streak prizes, but it is not much fun for a game.THIS!

It really kills all the fun for all recreational factions. We have been matched up with streaking factions four times already this war and it really takes all chances for wins out because you can't even beat a single one of them.

The faction group chat is full of angry and frustrated players, myself included.
I know it's a valid strategy but it's not for the good of the game because there's no counter-strategy and it only benefits a very selected few.

I think it even works against the general idea of what factions are about.

Dutchie
02-09-2014, 05:51 AM
THIS!It really kills all the fun for all recreational factions. We have been matched up with streaking factions four times already this war and it really takes all the wins out because you can't even beat a single one of them. The faction group chat is full of angry and frustrated players, myself included. I know it's a valid strategy but it's not for the game because there's no counter-strategy.The game allows this kind of strategy to be played. If you don't like it, stop playing and find a different game. GREE won't do anything because streak teams actually do spend gold. I know of one streak team where you need to have and use a vault of gold to achieve their goals.

Agent Orange
02-09-2014, 06:02 AM

Sounds like your overall strategy is a fail. As others have said this strategy will work if done correctly and sounds like you didn't.

One other thing, as WD runs it's course through the weekend I notice a lot of factions quitting. This is showing up as very long match up times in the two tiers my main and test faction are slotted into. So seems to me that matching is trying to make fair fights but as more and more factions stop it will make things more lopsided since matching drops parameters if it cannot make a fast match. Which might not entirely be a bad thing since it starts pitting the strongest against each other as the weaker factions drop out.....

bradleyk
02-09-2014, 06:08 AM
can dish it out but can't take it
do unto others....
etc...
'nuff said

blank201
02-09-2014, 06:28 AM
The game allows this kind of strategy to be played. If you don't like it, stop playing and find a different game. GREE won't do anything because streak teams actually do spend gold. I know of one streak team where you need to have and use a vault of gold to achieve their goals.If this strategy only benefits a very limited amount of players, even if there are some heavy gold spenders in that group, it'll be not in Gree's best interest to keep this going since a very large number of occasional and potential gold spenders are more valuable than a selected few high-ranking players that get all the stats advantages with no down-side.

By increasing the gap stats-wise it'll create less of a need to spend future gold for those few players that increase their stats by Millions doing this.

Dutchie
02-09-2014, 06:37 AM
If this strategy only benefits a very limited amount of players, even if there are some heavy gold spenders in that group, it'll be not in Gree's best interest to keep this going since a very large number of occasional and potential gold spenders are more valuable than a selected few high-ranking players that get all the stats advantages with no down-side. By increasing the gap stats-wise it'll create less of a need to spend future gold for those few players that increase their stats by Millions doing this. Plenty of money being spent at the top of the leaderboard. There is nothing that can be done about the gap in stats as it is a result of the game mechanics. You either spend shedloads or you don't. The further down the leaderboard you go, the less is being spent. If GREE saw a problem with revenue coming in, they would make the appropriate changes but I simply don't see this... You can argue all you like, but in the end they will make the changes that suit them, not us.

Asto
02-09-2014, 06:42 AM
Now you know how frustrated lower teams are when they're trying to get into top 250/top 400. Either do what we did and get on with it, or join a rank team, it's only going to get harder

Dutchie
02-09-2014, 07:15 AM
If this strategy only benefits a very limited amount of players, even if there are some heavy gold spenders in that group, it'll be not in Gree's best interest to keep this going since a very large number of occasional and potential gold spenders are more valuable than a selected few high-ranking players that get all the stats advantages with no down-side. By increasing the gap stats-wise it'll create less of a need to spend future gold for those few players that increase their stats by Millions doing this. Also to quote a GREE VP... "The majority of the revenue comes from an even smaller group (the “whales”)." Even GREE beg to differ to your comment "a very large number of occasional and potential gold spenders are more valuable than a selected few high-ranking players". I rather side with the view of a GREE VP who has access to all the numbers... However, that doesn't mean I agree with the way they conduct their business.

socomloser
02-09-2014, 07:45 AM
I hope gree fixes where all streaks get matched together now know how the people in faction play the way should be played an not like streak faction cheap wins

Flying haggis
02-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Sounds like your overall strategy is a fail. As others have said this strategy will work if done correctly and sounds like you didn't.

One other thing, as WD runs it's course through the weekend I notice a lot of factions quitting. This is showing up as very long match up times in the two tiers my main and test faction are slotted into. So seems to me that matching is trying to make fair fights but as more and more factions stop it will make things more lopsided since matching drops parameters if it cannot make a fast match. Which might not entirely be a bad thing since it starts pitting the strongest against each other as the weaker factions drop out.....
What a load of rubbish, we are a low faction matched with sup1 ummmmmmm work that out

Flying haggis
02-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Fair fights what o load of bull, Gree does only what's fair to them,don't tell me a low faction matched with sup1 is fair,

Agent Orange
02-09-2014, 10:21 AM
What a load of rubbish, we are a low faction matched with sup1 ummmmmmm work that out

You are in the wrong grouping at the wrong time.

Also if others are packing it in the server will keep dropping requirements until it finds any match. I had that happen when I got the same faction three times in a row.

Maverick0073
02-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Apostles of doom ..best you prepare your ****ing streak team to go to 200k for the win . We will get you into top 100 so if not us another team will **** up your streaks

02-09-2014, 12:06 PM
I am in a streak team and a rank team only 2 teams we can't beat heads up 100% of the time. The key Iis defense it wins championships

socomloser
02-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Keep seeing streaker posts that gree matching them with there on strength no matter where there ranked I hope gree does more matching of strength think is positive step toward making war fun again thank u gree thank u gree !! Keep up good work

jopdermod
02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Keep seeing streaker posts that gree matching them with there on strength no matter where there ranked I hope gree does more matching of strength think is positive step toward making war fun again thank u gree thank u gree !! Keep up good work

replied to you in the other thread too ... making assumptions about teams being a streak team and ranking top1000 and then facing top25 is viable if they match in strenght.

My problem however is not to do with streaking or not. It's based on matchups in general.

No team streak team or rank team should be matched up with another team where they have NO target besides CC to hit in a match-up! Dangling a sweet prize for the completion of streak goals Gree actually only wants to hand out to a hand full of teams .. still feels unfair .. streak team or not.

jopdermod
02-09-2014, 04:23 PM
A lot of replies have a high sense of envy and jealousness in them! .. step over that. Gree gave us this option, basicly everyone going with a full team will know beforehand they will be matched with smaller teams with same total strenght. However I still feel that when this happens it can't ever be so that none of one team can hit even the lowest Defense in the other team.

Maybe the title I used on the thread doesn't do justice to my thoughts about the matchup system, I'm sorry for that.

Thunder Child
02-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Apostles of doom ..best you prepare your ****ing streak team to go to 200k for the win . We will get you into top 100 so if not us another team will **** up your streaks

Now where on Earth did that come from, Mav?

Not like you to lose your cool......

I am a cow!
02-10-2014, 04:45 AM
Now where on Earth did that come from, Mav?

Not like you to lose your cool......

I think he's mad about the ridiculous amounts of streak teams

free play
02-10-2014, 04:57 AM
Sorry but that's funny, welcome to the world of streaking, only a matter of time before streak v streak team started to happen, now you know how the rest if us normal faction teams feel. When we 56 5 mil get matched against VVL, it's not nice is.

Soon only a few streaks will get the prize.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the treads from the streak team complaining about the match up formula

Romaro
02-10-2014, 05:35 AM

I feel you Mav, my son also lose his streaking but the different is he laughing, fun and said "ok we just lost, lets try another one hope we can win this time"

Vegaman
02-10-2014, 06:19 AM

I'm still wetting myself with laughter at this post. Just about sums up whats wrong with society today. I want what you have, and you can't have what i have. Un-B-F-in-believe-able ...... LMFAO

Thief
02-10-2014, 06:58 AM
No team streak team or rank team should be matched up with another team where they have NO target besides CC to hit in a match-up! Dangling a sweet prize for the completion of streak goals Gree actually only wants to hand out to a hand full of teams .. still feels unfair .. streak team or not.

By that logic then no one would get matched with SUP1/SUP2/GSF...so what are they supposed to just battle each other all weekend long?

Trust me at the top it isn't any fun to attempt to streak....actually it is but you roll the dice and have to take it with a grain of salt. Most teams dont want to get matched with us just as we don't want to get matched with top 3. Gree isn't here to make us happy. They are here to make money....in which they make alot of.

I've always told everyone that you should focus on ranks first and foremost because Streaks should NEVER be garunteed. If you don't make it se la vie. If you do then its just icing on the cake.

MadAtWorld
02-10-2014, 10:17 PM
THIS!

It really kills all the fun for all recreational factions. We have been matched up with streaking factions four times already this war and it really takes all chances for wins out because you can't even beat a single one of them.

The faction group chat is full of angry and frustrated players, myself included.
I know it's a valid strategy but it's not for the good of the game because there's no counter-strategy and it only benefits a very selected few.

I think it even works against the general idea of what factions are about.

WOW! Every time I read these posts that is the one word I have in reaction. I have two accounts, started about the same time. One streaks, one ranks. My biggest fear? Matching myself. Two things: there are strategies to beat streak teams. I know, because I use them. You just have to sit down and think and make them work. Not like they haven't been around a while now. Second, FUN. It's a game. The tapping of a finger on a phone screen is not what makes it so. If that's the only reason you show up, you shouldn't be hanging with the angry people in your faction chat. Win or lose, it's about the time spent with friends. As for streaking being boring? I guess if you hang with the wrong people. But my team has a blast. This game is what you make of it. Now make it into a puzzle.. and solve it!

MadAtWorld
02-10-2014, 10:31 PM
I hope gree fixes where all streaks get matched together now know how the people in faction play the way should be played an not like streak faction cheap wins

Have you ever done a WD with a successful streak team? Betting Thats a no. Most of the people whining on here probably haven't. A majority of streak teams do NOT achieve maximum streak. And only the final 12/12 has a boost. So the reward is much less. It's also hard. Less team members means a lot more hours per person, more gold, more effort. Winning 50+ battles in those circumstances is a lot harder than you think. The difference isn't truly in the stats... it's in the people. If you take a bunch of motivated, hard working, disciplined people and put then in one spot and a group of people who are less so as an opponent.... it's the motivated ones who will win. Streak teams at it for the challenge.

Now to the argument that they need to do away with streak teams because YOU don't like it: That's like going to a restaurant with you and me saying you're eating the Liver and Brussels Sprouts whether you like it or not because that's what I'm having. The fact that there are options in this game for people who were bored and wanted something new is good for the game. What isn't? People who want it easy, have the wins handed to them, and complain instead if figuring out the answer and putting in the effort.

free play
02-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Have you ever done a WD with a successful streak team? Betting Thats a no. Most of the people whining on here probably haven't. A majority of streak teams do NOT achieve maximum streak. And only the final 12/12 has a boost. So the reward is much less. It's also hard. Less team members means a lot more hours per person, more gold, more effort. Winning 50+ battles in those circumstances is a lot harder than you think. The difference isn't truly in the stats... it's in the people. If you take a bunch of motivated, hard working, disciplined people and put then in one spot and a group of people who are less so as an opponent.... it's the motivated ones who will win. Streak teams at it for the challenge.

Now to the argument that they need to do away with streak teams because YOU don't like it: That's like going to a restaurant with you and me saying you're eating the Liver and Brussels Sprouts whether you like it or not because that's what I'm having. The fact that there are options in this game for people who were bored and wanted something new is good for the game. What isn't? People who want it easy, have the wins handed to them, and complain instead if figuring out the answer and putting in the effort.

Well when the streak teams came in it was horrible, now they are here to stay so we have just got on with it, we where close to beating them twice but didn't, there's really only one way to beat them and that's with gold, we plan to try best some next war.

It's getting harder for the streak teams now with so many and getting matched against each other. Every one knows how to beat them, it's simple, all your team on and ready to pound cc with gold, that's it.

We will get one nxt war and il sure post it, so in sort from a player that moaned about the streak teams, let them stay, they have as much right to play as the rest of us, accept it, adapt your play and work harder to beat them

Ysae Kaeps ASU
02-11-2014, 03:01 AM
I'm tired of you guys having a real serve at the steak teams.

Steak Teams are OK. What's wrong with a big assed steak?

Just look at what a real Steak Team looks like. Watch out, Iron Horse Steak team is marching right through your base. Gunna cook him on down!

Everson25
02-11-2014, 03:07 AM
I was playing in a faction for the streak. It's really hard and it requires a lot of dedication, discipline, good communication inside the team. Like it was said here there are ways to beat a team for streak but surely it requires team work and very good leadership to guide to when it's the best moment to attack. I recall a fight against Expendables 2 which they could have beaten us easily but they were not patient to wait. They had the numbers, gold and targets. They couldn't ask for more than that but once they showed their intentions it was enough for us to react as quick as possible. It becomes a game of poker sometimes! I am sure those who lost to a streak faction can come much stronger next time.