PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned chest

Darkwing907
02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
How is it my guild can finish all 5 of the box quest and still have 3 days left but i cant even get all 10 books, ive been on 9 books for the past 3 days and all i get now is the random units but no last book. This happens every time theres a box event and i really hate missing out on the units that can be gained from finishing the quest

CrawFishEater
02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm with you on this bro. I'm sure the casual player won't get there but when you open 18 to 20 chests a day there can be no reasonable way to not aquire 10 books in that time frame.

Diadexxus
02-07-2014, 04:53 PM
I have been stick on 9/10 for over 2 days! I have even wasted gems trying to get that last book!
Argh!!
-J

Person
02-07-2014, 05:07 PM
we have people stuck on 9 for 4 days, personally im only stuck on 9 for 2 days now.

Its a box event, what did you expect :P

Voxker
02-07-2014, 05:28 PM
you see this thread every box event.

garen argon
02-07-2014, 06:22 PM
true, still stinks for those of us sitting at 9.

Cavalier
02-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Hey Gree, how about guaranteeing the 10th unit after 100 successful opens? Set it at whatever level you want that would require a good number of gems be spent. I think more people would put gems into these if they knew there was a maximum downside.

Voxker
02-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Hey Gree, how about guaranteeing the 10th unit after 100 successful opens? Set it at whatever level you want that would require a good number of gems be spent. I think more people would put gems into these if they knew there was a maximum downside.

/facepalm dont you read up on box events?

Thick Gibbon
02-08-2014, 04:19 AM
They should seriously name this game Condom Age, because I am being royally gem-f*cked on this box event.

LordIndy
02-08-2014, 05:26 AM
I've seen people blow thousands of gems on this event and the result is always the same. Some free players get lucky, some heavy gemmers get hosed. If you are looking for returns on your investment, stick to your more reasonable strategies like slot machines and lottery tickets. Otherwise stop whining that you are unlucky because you are not. It is the way the event is designed.

Totalwar
02-08-2014, 05:52 AM
If your going to spend gems on this box event best done on first day chances of opening boxes much better.the last box is always the hardest to open how Gree make there money.

macallen
02-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Agree with what has been said. With these box events nothing is guaranteed, even with large amounts of gems. Inconsistent reward system brings about the most addictive behavior. GREE knows this. Know some who have spent thousands in gems and still missing the 10th. I know some who spent relatively little and got "lucky." If you want a guarantee spending your gems, you should know not to put any trust in these box events. The only thing that does seem to hold any possible consistent luck is trying to get 10 in very beginning of the event

Skyraiders
02-08-2014, 07:33 AM
yep box events suck....I am one of those lucky people that has been stuck on 9 since the beginning....five hours in...I got 9....since then nothing.....I refuse to spend gems on this event except for the first couple hours....if you don't have it by then you just may be out of luck.....I have opened boxes every hour at least 18 times a day.....this event reminds me that this is just a get lucky game...in all aspects of it.....you spend or you don't ...either way its all LUCK.

I have a lot of research on these types of events.....they play with the numbers throughout the event....contrary to what they will have you believe. It is all a scam to get your money.....gamble away your money.....they don't care .....they want you to. the only light at the end of the tunnel is the day you understand that....or you quit!!!

Person
02-08-2014, 07:45 AM
this really seems a troll box event, easy to get to 9 but nigh on impossible to get 10 xD

BATTLEAXE
02-08-2014, 08:05 AM
I always think if I gem on the box event that maybe this time I will get lucky. Every time I gem, I never complete it. The only time I have ever completed the box event was when I spent no gems. Players should ban together and just not spend the gems on the box events until Gree makes it more fair to the paying players!!! I for one will never spend another gem on a box event moving forward

Artorius
02-08-2014, 09:01 AM
I have played KA for 1 year 2 months and for 9 months with three avatars I have sat on 9 month after month after month while others in my guild have been lucky enough to find 10. Two days ago I sat with one on 8 and the other 2 on 9 and yesterday I opened a box every hour with all 3 avatars a total of 54 boxes and was about to just stop wasting any more time when it happened spell book number 10 I never thought I would see the day. One other person has also found spell book 10. I never gem just use gold every time. I will say as others have posted I know people who have spent vast amounts and still never completed this type of quest. I only post this to show the odds are virtually impossible.
Would show you the screen shots as proof but no idea how you post a screen shot on this forum, if anyone could explain how to do this would be grateful.

Alucard47
02-08-2014, 12:47 PM
<--- another player who has been stuck on 9 over two days. What a joke...

Cavalier
02-08-2014, 01:12 PM
/facepalm dont you read up on box events?

Why don't you enlighten us with the product of all your research?

Krayt
02-08-2014, 04:04 PM
I have gotten ten books all with rusty knife

slade
02-08-2014, 04:55 PM
haha,, I doubt it....one hour left

Alexius
02-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Try this. The next time you decide to do a gem reset or gem open take a 5 dollar bill out of your wallet, go to the bathroom, place the 5 dollar bill in the toilet and flush. It will accomplish the same task of wasting your time and money on a pointless activity but at least you won't be disappointed in gree.

Essex Thunder
02-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I had 9 books with 3 days and 6 hours left in the event. Needless to say, I did not get the 10th book.

Quisp
02-08-2014, 07:15 PM
No gems and got my 10th 2 days ago. Gold opens only. It's totally random

BATTLEAXE
02-08-2014, 08:14 PM
I opened every hour I was awake over the duration of the entire event, gold opens every time,ended up with 9/10 with 2 days left. Spent 1500 gems the final day and only got worthless units. Never did get the tenth box.Needless to say I will not spend a single gem on all box events going forward

Voxker
02-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Why don't you enlighten us with the product of all your research?

relics are harder to get the more you have. don't expect for the gods of RGN to hand it to you because you magically got to 9 and got stuck on 9 for x amount of time, unless you want to dish out hundreads of dollars, i got stuck at 8 and not complaining lol.

Prometheus1015
02-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I spent two mountains of gems on a box event a few months ago. Needless to say, seemed the more I spent the more sorries I saw, and never received the 10th. I haven't and won't gem box events again. I finished with 9 this time, oh well, maybe I'll get a few legendary units in the Raid Boss event to make up for it.

Cavalier
02-09-2014, 11:29 AM
relics are harder to get the more you have. don't expect for the gods of RGN to hand it to you because you magically got to 9 and got stuck on 9 for x amount of time, unless you want to dish out hundreads of dollars, i got stuck at 8 and not complaining lol.

As I suspected, you completely missed the point. Of course box events are hard to complete. Some people spend thousands of gems and do not finish. Some people elect to spend none because they know they could spend thousands of gems and not finish. If Gree were to set a ceiling of some maximum amount spent before getting the unit, say 3000 gems, then some of the later group might actually spend some gems because they would know their maximum downside for completion.

Percival
02-09-2014, 12:58 PM
9 box's for three days and never got it, typical box event.

Voxker
02-09-2014, 01:00 PM
As I suspected, you completely missed the point. Of course box events are hard to complete. Some people spend thousands of gems and do not finish. Some people elect to spend none because they know they could spend thousands of gems and not finish. If Gree were to set a ceiling of some maximum amount spent before getting the unit, say 3000 gems, then some of the later group might actually spend some gems because they would know their maximum downside for completion.

pretty much what i said, dont try and look smart lmao.