PDA

View Full Version : A message not repeated is a message not received

MWMike
02-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Per Archer.
Since the introduction of the streak/win goals, all of those who participate in this forum have seen an abundant of threads concerning the numerous issues and general displeasure that this aspect of the game has caused. While it appears to have been a windfall for many of the top factions, if what I have read here is true, it seems to have provided more of a negative experience for the majority of the remaining factions.

I recognized early that streaks/wins were not going to be beneficial for my faction, one that is in and out of the top 250, for a couple of reasons. First, I was concerned about the burnout effect, a very real consequence of Gree throwing event after event at us, consuming more and more of our time. So they introduce a twist to the battles that requires a faction's attention 24/7 for three days? Not good. Secondly, when the upper tier factions quickly figured the benefit of what I call "super minis" it didn't take long to realize the the streak/win goals were unattainable for us. As a result, we went back to scoring points, the side benefit being we were forced other factions to fight and not sandbag.

Still though, as I stayed in touch here with what was happening regarding the battle weekends I found myself getting frustrated with the lack of action by those who were posting their displeasure over this aspect of the game. As a result, I've decided to take a stand this event.

The 48th TFW will not "declare war" one time this upcoming event. It's a small gesture, I know, and one that will draw ridicule from some, but I'm Ok with that. At least we will have acted on our displeasure over a poorly thought out, poorly executed aspect of the WD events which use to be enjoyable.

Best of luck this weekend to all involved. Remember this though, if you find yourself getting angry or upset over the poor matchups you encounter, or for having your streak mysteriously thwarted time and again by super minis, you will only have yourself to blame, not Gree.

Archer

CJ54
02-05-2014, 12:01 PM
I unlocked the thread, just bump it instead of making a new one, if you have something new to say or agree.

EDIT: Or alternately, go in and discuss it in this other thread that is specifically asking for feedback: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?82512-We-re-having-a-meeting-this-week-voice-your-concerns-here!