PDA

View Full Version : Misses and criticals

Devour
02-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Isn't just me or everyone is experiencing alot of misses in battle?
It's like 80-90% you'll commit misses and the enemy crits more. Gree what happen?

Lou 1xxx
02-05-2014, 12:43 AM
sh it happed...., next battle pls...

just more chances that lesser armored person can beat you, even by 5% chance more...

also more chance that you're gonna buy some gems, to uh, continue doing arena...

Lonestar Light
02-05-2014, 06:44 AM
To me the increase in misses started when this version of the arena was launched. It never changed since then.
But yeah, it's frustrating to loose battles against noticeably worse opponents because of multiple misses. But it's part of the game

Devour
02-05-2014, 07:04 AM
To me the increase in misses started when this version of the arena was launched. It never changed since then.
But yeah, it's frustrating to loose battles against noticeably worse opponents because of multiple misses. But it's part of the game

It was increased more when the last update was made. The fixed roc feather and where northern's and arborsteel were fusable already.

bosskiller
02-05-2014, 07:54 AM
I don't think I have had more than 10 matches where I didn't miss at least once since the new arena came around. That must be what "more challenge" meant...

firefly333
02-05-2014, 09:02 AM
I don't think I have had more than 10 matches where I didn't miss at least once since the new arena came around. That must be what "more challenge" meant...

I used over 100 extra gems than last war for same pts and never had this many losses due to misses. I thought I was just having really really bad luck but you'all say nope, this is the new normal? oh no.

Lonestar Light
02-05-2014, 10:13 AM
It was increased more when the last update was made. The fixed roc feather and where northern's and arborsteel were fusable already.
No noticeable difference on my end

hoticehunter
02-05-2014, 11:09 AM
It wouldn't be so bad if the misses worked both ways and your opponent missed just as often, but it just doesn't work like that. It's just not fun when there's this much variance to the game. Misses just aren't fun.

Reversal
02-05-2014, 11:25 AM
I used over 100 extra gems than last war for same pts and never had this many losses due to misses. I thought I was just having really really bad luck but you'all say nope, this is the new normal? oh no.

The only way to really find out is after the upcoming patch.
He did mention something called "fixing".

The Hurricane
02-06-2014, 12:58 AM
The chance for misses flew to the sky and the chance for critical now sit on the ground since the new arena update. After the new arena update, my first battle I had 8 misses, though somehow won. :P GREE wouldn't fix this and balance the chances, they get more money. As some idiotic people spend even though they know they won't get anything of worth.

Dianish
02-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Not more than usual.

horsemn
02-07-2014, 01:01 PM
I missed against a guy with low forms of legends and epics, maybe second form for two armors, and due to missing 4 times and each miss on my end leading to a critical on the opponents end leading to my loss. This is complete bs, if the players complain and make you money,at least make the game fair for everyone. Not just the top guilds.

Nocturnal.
02-09-2014, 05:41 PM
In 1 battle, 90% i'll miss.

Dianish
02-09-2014, 08:30 PM
I kept an eye on the "If i miss the opponent gets a crit" theory... Out of 10 fights i missed 1 time in 4 of them. 2 of them gave the opponent a crit. Not every time. But it does occur.

notacobra
02-10-2014, 12:15 AM
I actually did a little statistical analysis on misses of late, I... didn't actually do anything on crits, which seems odd in hind sight, I should have done them at the same time.
Meh.

Anyway!

All these statistics do not take into account level, score, armour, or anything else. Whether these have an impact or not I have no idea, but no variables were tested other than what is described:

Standard arena battles:
Player (Me): 1747/9983 (Roughly 20%, slightly less)
Enemy: 588/10038 (Shockingly, just over 5%. four times less often than myself)

Revenge arena battles:
For some reason, I still get these from time to time, only ever 3 people, and always really, really easy fights. No idea what causes this, since to my knowledge revenge was removed.
Player (Me): 0/38 (Not one miss in 9 fights)
Enemy: 1/39 (They missed just once in just one of the fights)

Epic Boss battles:
Player: 438/5002 (pretty close to 10%)
Enemy: 395/5007 (Again, close enough to 10%, but technically only around 8%)

Guild war (Vs players/sentinel):
Player: 1312/7553 (quite similar to the arena ratio, around 17%. However, I noticed I missed a lot more against the sentinels than the regular players. That said, I didn't test them separately, and it could easily have been personal bias)
Enemy: 431/7588 (Once again, considerably LESS misses for our enemy, once again, quite similar to the arena ratio, leading me to expect they are the same.)

Guild war (Vs guardian):
Player: 337/605 (More than 50%!)
Enemy: 56/612 (Less than 10%)

Unfortunately, the guild war guardian sample size is quite small, I simply didn't have the opportunity to fight enough guardians to really build a decent picture.

That said, even with such a small sample, those ratios are absolutely beyond stupid.
Players spend a lot of gems, and to be given a 50% chance to miss? That's just crazy.
However, of course, which such a small sample it could easy have been an unlucky streak.

Some random figures:
Longest run without a miss:
59 attacks
Longest miss streak:
8 (against a guild guardian, no less)

I didn't bother testing against regular enemies in the world, the miss chance against them seems absurdly small, irrelevant to anything serious and... look, it bored me to tears just doing these ones, don't make me go back...

Points to notice:
Enemy miss chances are substantially lower than player miss chances.
Players seem to miss A LOT more than I would have guessed, especially in the arena. 20% miss chance seems high, but the numbers don't lie.
This is a single player's recorded experience, and quite a small sample size at that, do not take these results as absolute fact, without a MUCH larger sample group, and with all variables taken into account, these numbers are nothing more than a rough estimation on the actual values.
Such is the nature of statistics.

Dave3d
02-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Players spend a lot of gems.

THATS why we have so many player misses.
;)