PDA

View Full Version : How much do you see yourself spending per week??

kingofwale
02-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Gree... I'm an economics major so let me help you out there..

You cannot expect people to NOT burn out if you make a completion of an event to be worth 4-5 vaults. The key is to keep people you already have while inviting new players.

so I'm going to help you out and find what people are willing to spend. With that in mind. Set the target of completion cost to 25% above that to encourage spending.

as for players. what can you realistically afford per week?

Blowin Smoke
02-04-2014, 05:19 PM
War weekend: 1 vault or more
Ltq with a modifier 1 vault or more
Case event with a modifier 500 gold or less
Raid boss: 300 gold or less
Epic boss: don't know to be honest
SLTQ: about a vault

On average per week, without a war weekend: 500 gold.

Hope this helps your study.

murf
02-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I used to spend about 350-500 per week (b/t my 3 accounts)....but now with the new rivals list, and stats being relative I see no point of spending gold to build my stats, so I will be 100% free going forward.

First step towards winning this game!!!!!!

GucciMane
02-04-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't understand this talk about "burning out"

You knew how this game worked when you came in.

You can either "pay to compete" as many of you argue it, or play "smarter." Or not play.

The problem I have with this thread is in its wording. You entitle the thread "How much do you see yourself spending per week??" Then actually hope to create discussion around "what can you realistically afford per week?"

Which is it? From an economists perspective, are you asking how much they are WILLING TO PAY for any given event or prize, how much they DO PAY RIGHT NOW, or are you asking how much disposable income would players IDEALLY LIKE TO SPEND? Or, still, are you asking how much each individual can AFFORD TO PAY per week in relation to their disposable income?

These are very different measures I speak of, some of which would be valuable for players to know in relation to competing with other players, some of which might be valuable to GREE.

and from one econ guy to another, that type of analysis you suggest based on a poll on a forum for the game would not be a wise business decision. I'd like to see game changes too, but, no.

PS: The only really "dirty business" GREE is running that players actively take a part of is the Open10/Open20 events - and, to a lesser extent, relatively no adherence to time tables, misadvertised events, and a general lack of communication with the user base. Open 10/20 amounts to gambling for virtual items which combine to create a "Grand Prize" - this has been recently declared illegal in Japan as "kompu gacha".

Having a very high demanding $$ LTQ is completely fair...IF there is NO glitching still (heh) and assuming there are players willing to pay for it.

Idiosyncrasy
02-04-2014, 06:47 PM
What you're doing, OP, is market research with an extremely biased statistical sample. Though I would be interested in the spending habits of the forums, Gree now has a few years of historical statistics. Though a statistician or mathematician could analyze the data for an objective viewpoint, your skills as an economist would be very valuable if you access to their tables. With proper analysis, you could set a demand function and see just what would yield the highest payout for Gree.

While I would love to assume they are doing these types of exercises, my instinct based on personal observation is that they rely too much on trial and error and gut feel.

Sorry I deviated from your original point, but I think you could offer your skills as an economist to plot some economic curves or functions.

warrends
02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
I can literally afford to spend thousands. But I spend zero. I will never give another penny to this company. Ever. Their coding is garbage. The games are garbage. Their communication with their customers is garbage. The friends I've made in these games is the ONLY reason I play. Literally.

{SnT}B1GHUNT
02-04-2014, 08:51 PM
This game is by far the best game i have seen but gold is not cheap and theres really no way to earn it for free

sister morphine
02-04-2014, 10:53 PM
To have validity, zero should have had its own option in the poll rather than being lumped in with those spending up to 500 gold a week.

DavidtheBoo
02-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Exactly 0, this helps?

|Corruption|
02-04-2014, 11:56 PM
War weekend: 1 vault or more
Ltq with a modifier 1 vault or more
Case event with a modifier 500 gold or less
Raid boss: 300 gold or less
Epic boss: don't know to be honest
SLTQ: about a vault

On average per week, without a war weekend: 500 gold.

Hope this helps your study.
Forgot LTB

02-05-2014, 05:09 AM
I have spent zero money on gold. I let the free videos for gold run while I'm working, and enjoyed the free 350 gold from their fkucup a couple of months ago. Between all of these, I have two gentleman's clubs, two rock clubs, and two pirate taverns, amongst other things here and there, and I'm doing just fine.

HTCBC
02-05-2014, 05:52 AM
nothing this time. I spent it all on popcorn

http://www.orgsites.com/pa/pack63drumsstjohnspa/animated-popcorn.gif

Sammo the Kid
02-05-2014, 06:08 AM
Zero.

I was a moderate gold spender then Gree was messing up the events too much so I went gold free for a while. Then I began spending gold again and then the rival list changed and I have no incentive to work on my attack anymore so I'm back to playing for free.