PDA

View Full Version : (iOS) War 9 graphs

BethMo
02-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Wow, what a war!! Let me catch my breath now...

Rainbow Room found itself stuck with the GM slot held by an alt with messed-up binding. Gree wasn't able to fix it in time for war, so the guild moved over to Rainbow Rug for this war.

Red Phoenix put up the strongest showing yet, leading RR for much of the war in a very close battle, but the night crew of RR pulled ahead and joined the day crew to hold the lead in a nailbiting last few hours, with a new high score of45,180,330. Red Phoenix also broke the previous high score record, ending at 41,881,239.

Compared to that, top ten was quite tame. The very low cutoff just about equaled the Chromatic armor war.

Legendary Sages came from behind in the last hour to move into the top 25 rank, and MyLayla Black Cats ended up squeezed out by less than 1,000 points.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5550/12310817266_6e972baa32.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7317/12310817306_bdaed94657.jpg

The Pale Rider
02-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Excellent job on the graphs. Now I wish we'd pushed harder for 15th :(

ettexor1
02-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Excellent job on the graphs. Now I wish we'd pushed harder for 15th :(

Is everyone forgetting about the incredible finish for 9th and 10th? Amazing result for Shadows and commiserations to Up in Smoke.

The Pale Rider
02-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Is everyone forgetting about the incredible finish for 9th and 10th? Amazing result for Shadows and commiserations to Up in Smoke.

Good point -- statistical tie for 9th, 10th and 11th with one fight to go. Had to be a tense last fight.

Jilly
02-04-2014, 04:49 PM
The last hour was literally the decisive hour , up in Smoke Drew against unleashed n lost and we(g2b) capitalised on the opportunity

The Pale Rider
02-04-2014, 05:41 PM
The last hour was literally the decisive hour , up in Smoke Drew against unleashed n lost and we(g2b) capitalised on the opportunity

There's a bit of a strategic move with that situation. Waiting until you see the points for other guilds vying for the last spot move versus the risk you won't get a match. We were on the line for 25 last war and I was able to see the other two guilds start to move and still have sufficient time to get a match. It gets tense when you're under the 20 minutes to go mark.

in a game with virtually no strategy (just basic tactics) that's one of the few moments where it comes up.

Dark Prince
02-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Well 7200 gems for #2 is quite heartbreaking.

template
02-04-2014, 06:56 PM
It was an unbelievable war. Respect to TRP for pushing us all the way.

To my guildmates: You guys are warriors.

To our allies: We <3 you so much.

Markdc94
02-04-2014, 10:05 PM
This war was fun. Thank you to all the trp/PKA supporters!

Bluntman
02-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Can I get a close up of the race for first and second in the last 24 hours?

BethMo
02-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Can I get a close up of the race for first and second in the last 24 hours?

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2825/12318236504_18809e91a5.jpg

Bluntman
02-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Thank you BethMo! It really was an exciting race.

Decu
02-05-2014, 02:08 AM
Nice again, I'm not so no-life to collect that amount of data :P

Too bad there aren't cafe's graphs.

The Pale Rider
02-05-2014, 06:08 AM
Nice again, I'm not so no-life to collect that amount of data :P

Too bad there aren't cafe's graphs.

It's just the summary pages for both guilds dumped into excel. She's not literally up 24 hours a day collecting data. Still it's a valuable resource. honestly, the ability to export data and see graphics showing guild and individual performances are all things GREE should be doing. They have the data already. Producing graphs and charts is very simple.

Decu
02-05-2014, 06:51 AM
It's just the summary pages for both guilds dumped into excel. She's not literally up 24 hours a day collecting data. Still it's a valuable resource. honestly, the ability to export data and see graphics showing guild and individual performances are all things GREE should be doing. They have the data already. Producing graphs and charts is very simple.

Lol, I know, I was making graphs of early wars, but retired, because game became boring for me and I didn't collect so much data. cafe/Beth graphs were always fullier.

J3nk
02-05-2014, 09:41 AM

I'm from up in smoke. It was a Great War, congrats to you guys and shadows. We lost against unleashed by a few 1000.
Who knows what the bonus could have done for us if we had won. Again congrats :)

BethMo
02-05-2014, 09:42 AM

Actually I am... I even set my alarm to wake up every 3 hours to grab screenshots of the top 25 scores at night, then I transcribe them into Excel in the morning. (In a couple of the wars, I got friends to grab screenshots for me when I was going to be in areas with no cellphone access for extended periods of time.) I really wish there was a way to get the data directly or afterwards, but Gree hasn't chosen to make that possible.

Ghost of the Eunuchorn
02-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Well 7200 gems for #2 is quite heartbreaking.

That's what they always say.

The Pale Rider
02-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Actually I am... I even set my alarm to wake up every 3 hours to grab screenshots of the top 25 scores at night, then I transcribe them into Excel in the morning. (In a couple of the wars, I got friends to grab screenshots for me when I was going to be in areas with no cellphone access for extended periods of time.) I really wish there was a way to get the data directly or afterwards, but Gree hasn't chosen to make that possible.

Actually that makes a lot of sense. You truly are a rock star for doing that. What a great thing to do for others. Thanks.

cafedecoy
02-05-2014, 11:36 AM
No fair! The first war out of my game retirement had to be the most exciting one as of yet!!!! >:O >:O

Beautiful job Beth! I'm kicking myself :( :( :(

Sarah 101
02-05-2014, 12:53 PM
That's what they always say.
Is that mean they're listen to me ?

Dman5626
04-02-2014, 02:45 PM
So u guys are actually proud of winning a game with which takes no skill whatsoever? Let's see all of u guys go 1 gw without any gems and see how well you guys do.. I would love to see that. Then we'll see if you guys can rank top 100 hahah, I really doubt you guys would, to busy feeding gree. Have fun doing the same **** over and over again.:cool:

SmokeSomePeaches
04-02-2014, 03:04 PM
So u guys are actually proud of winning a game with which takes no skill whatsoever? Let's see all of u guys go 1 gw without any gems and see how well you guys do.. I would love to see that. Then we'll see if you guys can rank top 100 hahah, I really doubt you guys would, to busy feeding gree. Have fun doing the same **** over and over again.:cool:

You do know you don't need to spend gems to get top 100 right?

Dman5626
04-02-2014, 04:21 PM
You do know you don't need to spend gems to get top 100 right?

Lol u must not have gotten the point. I kno u don't what I'm saying is that u guys are too busy buyin your rank then actually earning it. I want to see some actual competition, not what guild can spend the most lol. You guys like giving into gree's greed. I can see paying for chests, but not for a tournament.:cool:

Reversal
04-02-2014, 06:43 PM
45 MILLION Points?! That is absolutely outrageous and I do not see the necessity of such a huge gemshed.
Neither do I feel the need to praise the winner on this war because we all know the biggest winner is Gree right now.

I'm genuinely worried what the future will bring if records keep getting broken, I know money is just money but it can be used for so much better than pointless spending on this game. I understand that a lot of people are like wow/amazing/awesome, but I'm actually thinking the opposite, it's sad, it's a waste, it's unnecessary.
I do get the concept of spending for your hobby but is this game really worth THAT amount of money, I am puzzled right now that's for sure.

Someone enlighten me if there is a genuine reason why spending THESE amounts is worth it because no matter how hard I think about it I cannot seem to find a reason. (I am fully aware that this is just a personal opinion but I can vouch for the fact that MANY agree with me on this one.)

Dman5626
04-02-2014, 08:32 PM
45 MILLION Points?! That is absolutely outrageous and I do not see the necessity of such a huge gemshed.
Neither do I feel the need to praise the winner on this war because we all know the biggest winner is Gree right now.

I'm genuinely worried what the future will bring if records keep getting broken, I know money is just money but it can be used for so much better than pointless spending on this game. I understand that a lot of people are like wow/amazing/awesome, but I'm actually thinking the opposite, it's sad, it's a waste, it's unnecessary.
I do get the concept of spending for your hobby but is this game really worth THAT amount of money, I am puzzled right now that's for sure.

Someone enlighten me if there is a genuine reason why spending THESE amounts is worth it because no matter how hard I think about it I cannot seem to find a reason. (I am fully aware that this is just a personal opinion but I can vouch for the fact that MANY agree with me on this one.)

I agree completely!:cool:

El1ta
04-03-2014, 04:58 AM

It isn't about spending gems or not, it's about stripping not being fixed, what killed war competition & strategy.

But until there is a true WoW equivalent on IOS, people will continue to pay inordinate amounts on games like K&D. I think the big wigs know the global economy barely has a leg to stand on & so quality & long term products aren't even in their train of thought.

The Pale Rider
04-03-2014, 07:08 AM
Where's the chart for the schromatic war????

cafedecoy
04-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Where's the chart for the schromatic war????

Make it yourself, lol! :O