PDA

View Full Version : To All My Crime Citizens

dribblin todger
02-04-2014, 10:56 AM
To All My Crime Citizens,

Firstly this is not a Gree bashing thread, Just constructive criticism, please feel free to add your thoughts too, but keep it constructive and polite please.

You don't know me and I don't know you.

I started playing this game back in October 2012. The simplicity of the game is what I grew to love about it. Funzio created a great game to kill time.

Once Gree bought Funzio the game did change. The introduction of syndicates was a great move, no one can argue with that. Has everything that Gree has done been great? No.

I would like to discuss these things. I'd also like to hear what you think.

Syndicates have made this game what it is in my opinion. It would be a time killer otherwise. Having said that, the way things have gone in the past six months have been rather undesirable. We can all say that we hate the game and that we are all going to quit.

But are we? No. Why is that? Is it the friends we have made along the way? Is it loyalty to our syndicates? Or will we quit after we reach the next unattainable goal?

Everyone knew about the energy glitch. Everyone used it to better both themselves and their syndicates, but where would we be if that didn't exist? Honestly, we'd probably like the game a bit more because it didn't consume our lives for months. Sure seeing all of our new pixels that we got for "free" was nice. But is it nice? And was it free? Everything comes at a cost, be it your wallet, time away from your family or friends, or even poor performance at work or loss of sleep? Was it worth it? Maybe, maybe not . I can attest, being so consumed with this game for months, I didn't know what to do with myself once the glitch was patches, yourselves the same I'm sure. We were all on this "free" ride to stat inflation. Then it stopped. It honestly kind of made me mad having my routine broken. I stopped playing for, count it, two whole days. I gained a better appreciation for the simple game Funzio made, I had time to rob people again! What a concept!

The original player vs player battlers were great. It built upon the foundation of the game, robbing and attacking people. Do it at your own pace and as much or as little as you wanted. One could do very with minimal time put into game and you could even reach attainable goals. The most recent player vs player was a joke, and nothing more. Leader boards make things more fun, plain and simple. Give us points, give us something other than 3400 fights to win. This didn't work for anyone.

I can understand that the rival system may have needed to be adjusted. Was this the right way? Probably not. It seems our level to stat ratio only matters during battles now. Outside of battles it doesn't matter. Why strive for great stats if you're always going to be having rivals with the same stats and same income per hour? It doesn't matter if you're a beast at you're current level anymore. There's a beast at another level who can always get you back. That's the joy of having good stats, to be able to rob not anyone. We might as well get rid of levels all together if this is the way the game is going to go.

I love my syndicate, and I love that there is a community between syndicates. I love fighting them. I like being able to tell the other syndicate how much they crushed us or vice versa. It's the players who make the game and keep it going. I don't want Gree to forget about the people who pay their wages. I'm not asking for any changes. I'm just asking for everyone think about what's important to them about the game. For some of us its winning. For others it's to play a game, it's not and shouldn't be a job for any of us. Let's try and get back to where we can have fun and do what we love.

Regards
No F

TRG Mischa
02-04-2014, 01:01 PM
The game is addicted. End of discussion.

02-04-2014, 01:05 PM
tl;dr

Mr.Shh...
02-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Very well spoken as i agree...the game was a blast before gree bought it but gree did bring some good aspects to the game. Now it seems this game is for people to spend hundreds a month if they want to obtain these new goals...im not a gold spender for one and because of that i will never finish an ltq, also new pvp was such a joke first everyone i attack with new rival list is always 50/50 w/l and no leaderboard or any kind of syndicate involvment tied in made me simply not do the event...another thing i noticed is new rewards list fornext battle are all over the place...i would like to see some consistency in rewards...good thread and keep it up
To All My Crime Citizens,

Firstly this is not a Gree bashing thread, Just constructive criticism, please feel free to add your thoughts too, but keep it constructive and polite please.

You don't know me and I don't know you.

I started playing this game back in October 2012. The simplicity of the game is what I grew to love about it. Funzio created a great game to kill time.

Once Gree bought Funzio the game did change. The introduction of syndicates was a great move, no one can argue with that. Has everything that Gree has done been great? No.

I would like to discuss these things. I'd also like to hear what you think.

Syndicates have made this game what it is in my opinion. It would be a time killer otherwise. Having said that, the way things have gone in the past six months have been rather undesirable. We can all say that we hate the game and that we are all going to quit.

But are we? No. Why is that? Is it the friends we have made along the way? Is it loyalty to our syndicates? Or will we quit after we reach the next unattainable goal?

Everyone knew about the energy glitch. Everyone used it to better both themselves and their syndicates, but where would we be if that didn't exist? Honestly, we'd probably like the game a bit more because it didn't consume our lives for months. Sure seeing all of our new pixels that we got for "free" was nice. But is it nice? And was it free? Everything comes at a cost, be it your wallet, time away from your family or friends, or even poor performance at work or loss of sleep? Was it worth it? Maybe, maybe not . I can attest, being so consumed with this game for months, I didn't know what to do with myself once the glitch was patches, yourselves the same I'm sure. We were all on this "free" ride to stat inflation. Then it stopped. It honestly kind of made me mad having my routine broken. I stopped playing for, count it, two whole days. I gained a better appreciation for the simple game Funzio made, I had time to rob people again! What a concept!

The original player vs player battlers were great. It built upon the foundation of the game, robbing and attacking people. Do it at your own pace and as much or as little as you wanted. One could do very with minimal time put into game and you could even reach attainable goals. The most recent player vs player was a joke, and nothing more. Leader boards make things more fun, plain and simple. Give us points, give us something other than 3400 fights to win. This didn't work for anyone.

I can understand that the rival system may have needed to be adjusted. Was this the right way? Probably not. It seems our level to stat ratio only matters during battles now. Outside of battles it doesn't matter. Why strive for great stats if you're always going to be having rivals with the same stats and same income per hour? It doesn't matter if you're a beast at you're current level anymore. There's a beast at another level who can always get you back. That's the joy of having good stats, to be able to rob not anyone. We might as well get rid of levels all together if this is the way the game is going to go.

I love my syndicate, and I love that there is a community between syndicates. I love fighting them. I like being able to tell the other syndicate how much they crushed us or vice versa. It's the players who make the game and keep it going. I don't want Gree to forget about the people who pay their wages. I'm not asking for any changes. I'm just asking for everyone think about what's important to them about the game. For some of us its winning. For others it's to play a game, it's not and shouldn't be a job for any of us. Let's try and get back to where we can have fun and do what we love.

Regards
No F