PDA

View Full Version : Make it fairer for newer players, Gree!

ChangeMW
02-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Players who have been around for longer have an insane advantage over new players: because stats increases are mostly down to boost units these days, there is no way on earth that newer players will ever catch up to the old crowd - the real gap in stats will just continue to increase, even when it may feel to the newer guys that they are making progress. The boost units that the more "mature" players managed to receive way back then will always keep them streets ahead of any new competition.

While newer players spend equally insane amounts on this game, they are left behind. Anyone who started playing after about January 2013 can only drool at the boost units that some players have. Not just stats boost units, but also energy and stamina regen boosts. How is it fair that older players with energy boosts can complete the same LTQs for less money than newer players? And if the newer players don;t complete they fall further behind.

Gree, if you want to cultivate a perpetual new following, which is what this game will need, you have to give newer players an opportunity to get into the game and compete with the older guard - even though it may cost them a lot of money and a lot of time. The established players will probably always remain ahead but right now there is just no competition.

Why don't you award some of those non-stacking health and energy regen units again, Gree? That way, new players at least have have a chance to take the fight to the old guard. If you are an established player you may be disgusted by the idea that someone who hasn't played as long as you have might eventually compete with you. To you, I say, "tough". If someone is prepared to pay, let them compete on a fairer footing. Why should they always pay more than you just because you started playing before they did?

And by the way, before you start blasting me, I have been playing this game for a very long time and have a fair number of the original boost units. I am not writing this for my benefit. I write it for the good of the game.

silentassassinX
02-03-2014, 04:41 AM
Great post. Ive been playing since july of 2013 and still cant seem to catch up. I do all the missions, try hard in faction events and wars. I dont think it is the units we get but the old boost units the veterns have. Now i like playing this game and this definetly gives me a reason to contine playing( trying to get stronger than everyone) but it is deflating sometimes.

Hooligany
02-03-2014, 05:02 AM
The old boost are nothing compared to what can be build in last 3months alone.

Colonel J
02-03-2014, 05:12 AM
Your wrong mate. High level players get very low wd points taking on a mini. Any player past lvl 151 and doesnt have 20 mill attack cannot complete epic boss events without thousands of gold. The generation of super minis will flog any high lvl player who cant complete lvl 100 epic boss event. Every epic boss event a mini stands to gain 400k in stats. Fvf has been taken out.

When u do finally reach a high level only current high level players who buy lots of gold will only be able to beat you. Why do u think so many high level players have started a mini account??? Because they can see minis have a far greater chance of success.
I think gree have evened it up very well now. You should be happy the latest ltq major prize didnt have a boost attached to it.

ChangeMW
02-03-2014, 05:13 AM
The old boost are nothing compared to what can be build in last 3months alone.

I disagree mate. The stats increases we all saw the past few months are an illusion designed to make lower stat players think they are doing well. They are not. A new player may have gone from 0 to about 8 million in this time (especially if it could join an established faction for the FLTQ drops and boss events) but the established players went from, say, 2 million to over 40 million in that same period of time.

Why? Because all those stats boosts are starting to stack up. For each 100k unit awarded, a player with more boosts will pile on absurd amounts of new stats compared to someone without the boosts.

And players with 80%+ health regen and 12+/minute energy regen will always be able to do more missions and score more points in battle or defeat more bosses than those who do not have those juicy health and energy units. Without those units, newer players will have to spend disproportionally more to complete the same missions because they just don't regen as fast - and by the looks of things, never will.

DaBoss!
02-03-2014, 05:25 AM
Your wrong mate. High level players get very low wd points taking on a mini. Any player past lvl 151 and doesnt have 20 mill attack cannot complete epic boss events without thousands of gold. The generation of super minis will flog any high lvl player who cant complete lvl 100 epic boss event. Every epic boss event a mini stands to gain 400k in stats. Fvf has been taken out.

When u do finally reach a high level only current high level players who buy lots of gold will only be able to beat you. Why do u think so many high level players have started a mini account??? Because they can see minis have a far greater chance of success.
I think gree have evened it up very well now. You should be happy the latest ltq major prize didnt have a boost attached to it.

I agree with you. Even if high level players have boosts, Low level players still have a greater advantage, whether it be in the WD event, boss event,etc. In my opnion Gree needs to stop punishing high level players.......

xJames
02-03-2014, 05:32 AM
Don't forget: the longer a player has been playing, the longer they have been paying gree too. There should be some benefit to endurance.
I also missed most of the early boosts, but after 9 months of playing I don't think I'm significantly disadvantaged by that any more.

Vegaman
02-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Thats a new one. Low level players complaining about us old wrinklies. Its normally the other way around.

Maybe there is some fairness in this game after all. I thought we old ones were always being scr-ewed over after 2 years and lots of time spent invested in this game.

oh yeah. Forgot. The we want it all now culture of today.. Instantism.....

God i sound like my Old grandad. Better go shoot myself!........ 🔫 PoP.

Snow Bunny
02-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Old players IMO should have an edge from the time n money tey spent b4 new players started playing. You will never be able to catch top 3 team stats. They made it very possible a few months ago to get in a good faction and have stats strong enough to compete in a top 10. For instance top 25 prize not to long ago was a 5k jet with 5% air attack... U beat 100 bosses now n get 30-35% combined boost for completion and 100k + unit and 60k unit. I see plenty of 6 month only accounts with 20m+ stats under level 150. If recommend getting in a good faction and choose ur events carefully if ur trying to get ur stats up. Some bonus units will never come up again and u have to accept that.

Snow Bunny
02-03-2014, 05:48 AM
I disagree mate. The stats increases we all saw the past few months are an illusion designed to make lower stat players think they are doing well. They are not. A new player may have gone from 0 to about 8 million in this time (especially if it could join an established faction for the FLTQ drops and boss events) but the established players went from, say, 2 million to over 40 million in that same period of time.

Why? Because all those stats boosts are starting to stack up. For each 100k unit awarded, a player with more boosts will pile on absurd amounts of new stats compared to someone without the boosts.

And players with 80%+ health regen and 12+/minute energy regen will always be able to do more missions and score more points in battle or defeat more bosses than those who do not have those juicy health and energy units. Without those units, newer players will have to spend disproportionally more to complete the same missions because they just don't regen as fast - and by the looks of things, never will.

99% I these players are above level 151 n there bids has 2.5b health...with 20m attack there using alot more gold than u are.. And they should have the edge IMO for te time n money tey already put in this game c'mon man

ChangeMW
02-03-2014, 05:54 AM
Don't forget: the longer a player has been playing, the longer they have been paying gree too. There should be some benefit to endurance.
I also missed most of the early boosts, but after 9 months of playing I don't think I'm significantly disadvantaged by that any more.

What your post misses out is that, if things don't change, the newer players will in the long run have to pay Gree substantially more than the veterans. Give you an example: a player with no energy boosts will generate far less energy than those on 12 or thereabouts energy per minute. So, the veteran can prestage much further, and complete the missions much more cheaply, than those on 3 or 4 energy per minute. And if it goes on forever, the newer player will at some point start outspending the veteran player when you compare total spend, because of these boosts.

I agree that longevity should count for something, but it should not perpetuate an inherently unfair divide between those who started early and those who started later.

And for those who say the LLPs have the advantage, think again. What happens when they get to level 151? They will never be able to beat the big boys, be it in war or raid boss or anything else. Those events benefit the players with the bests stats, not those who have the best stats-to-level ratio.

Agent Orange
02-03-2014, 06:48 AM
What your post misses out is that, if things don't change, the newer players will in the long run have to pay Gree substantially more than the veterans. Give you an example: a player with no energy boosts will generate far less energy than those on 12 or thereabouts energy per minute. So, the veteran can prestage much further, and complete the missions much more cheaply, than those on 3 or 4 energy per minute. And if it goes on forever, the newer player will at some point start outspending the veteran player when you compare total spend, because of these boosts.

I agree that longevity should count for something, but it should not perpetuate an inherently unfair divide between those who started early and those who started later.

And for those who say the LLPs have the advantage, think again. What happens when they get to level 151? They will never be able to beat the big boys, be it in war or raid boss or anything else. Those events benefit the players with the bests stats, not those who have the best stats-to-level ratio.

Sorry but I disagree completely, for one thing those older high stat players paid the freight for those of us who are light to no gold spenders. Also as others have mentioned new players have a lot of advantages not the the least of which is a pretty amazing sign up bonus. This btw varies but there was at least a 9000 stat unit that you could get.

A new player can just join an established faction and ramp up their stats except during WD. Granted a strong low level player can join a min faction during WD and ramp up their stats that way.

Unfortunately the way the game is designed there is no real way to give that much of an advantage to new players since those same units are made available to the high stat players.

If anything new players need to pace themselves accordingly otherwise they run head first into the whales at which point they will quit. I think the current model works better because the gap is actually widening which is IMHO a better thing since those gung ho big spenders wind up getting grouped with players of similar playing style as opposed to those free and light gold spenders.

The reality will always be those with the deepest pockets will be the strongest regardless of level so any changes would be of marginal benefit. The better 'fix' would be an adjustment to rival matching which appears to have to some degree been implimented.

Hooligany
02-03-2014, 08:30 AM
The point is that the energy LTQ n epic boss on lvl 151+ are now made out of reach to 90% of the players. End of the day no matter how good ur regen is, u r forced to spend. Top 3 may spend less on such events but they spend way more than u do in 1 wd than maybe u did since u started playing.

reesiepuff
02-03-2014, 08:34 AM
the whole problem here is the energy and health boosts that old players have gotten, ive only seen one or 2 of these units since i started playing this summer

2000y2k
02-03-2014, 08:49 AM
the whole problem here is the energy and health boosts that old players have gotten, ive only seen one or 2 of these units since i started playing this summer

These were not free units and came at a very high cost to the players who paid for them. The Omega War Chopper for instance costed 3 vaults and was available in August or September 2013 and added 4+ energy regen per minute. Anyone could have purchased this unit 6 months ago.

Thief
02-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Anyone who started playing after about January 2013 can only drool at the boost units that some players have. Not just stats boost units, but also energy and stamina regen boosts. How is it fair that older players with energy boosts can complete the same LTQs for less money than newer players? And if the newer players don;t complete they fall further behind.

Gree, if you want to cultivate a perpetual new following, which is what this game will need, you have to give newer players an opportunity to get into the game and compete with the older guard - even though it may cost them a lot of money and a lot of time. The established players will probably always remain ahead but right now there is just no competition.

Why don't you award some of those non-stacking health and energy regen units again, Gree? That way, new players at least have have a chance to take the fight to the old guard. If you are an established player you may be disgusted by the idea that someone who hasn't played as long as you have might eventually compete with you. To you, I say, "tough". If someone is prepared to pay, let them compete on a fairer footing. Why should they always pay more than you just because you started playing before they did?

And by the way, before you start blasting me, I have been playing this game for a very long time and have a fair number of the original boost units. I am not writing this for my benefit. I write it for the good of the game.

First,

I would like to Point out that you make an argument for 1 year old players. I've been playing for 2 years now. Everything from year 1 is obsolete at this point. Even some of the boost units that the re-released on accident (so if you paid to get the first time somehow you were given a cheaper alternative to get second time)

Second you state that if you started playing after January? More units have been released recently for energy regen than ever before. (past couple of months) Many i don't have because i wasn't willing to pay for them (they generally cost 6k+ gold). However thats how most of them have been released. Health regen has been a little less but not to say they are non-existent and they could probably release a few more (since they way they calculate health regen it helps those who have low regen rate and only marginally helps those with good health regen) but they should re-release the old ones.

Third, Gree has stated they won't ever release the old ones so from that standpoint alone they shouldn't do it. (as they have already promised this won't happen)

I understand your desire to add new members. I also think its important but what your looking at is the massive gap between top 3 and the rest of the entire game at this point. Players who have been playing 2 years are far and few between these days. 90% of them have up and quit by now (or retired where they don't spend gold anymore) Yes many that still are playing are from the top 3 at this point and their stats and bonuses are getting out of hand...but thats part of the game not much you can do about it. The biggest thing is new players have tenfold advantages of veterans at this point. They can score more WD points, Defeat Epic bosses with ease and little gold and not worry about even getting hit by the big dogs in the top 3+ factions. As for any argument about fair in this game...well its a pay to play game. There is nothing fair about it.

nubb
02-03-2014, 10:20 AM
It is called paying your dues...I know people who have been playing longer have higher stats but isn't that a goal to get to???? It is only fair for the people who have been playing longer have those stats they earned them just like I have earned my stats whether with the time I put into my stats and my hard earned money. I don't ask for hand outs I was raised to earn what I get. And if you have been playing for a longtime then what the problem people just starting out have a long way to go to get to where you if they play right and hard they will be fine after all people they are with are either mini's or people just like them
Players who have been around for longer have an insane advantage over new players: because stats increases are mostly down to boost units these days, there is no way on earth that newer players will ever catch up to the old crowd - the real gap in stats will just continue to increase, even when it may feel to the newer guys that they are making progress. The boost units that the more "mature" players managed to receive way back then will always keep them streets ahead of any new competition.

While newer players spend equally insane amounts on this game, they are left behind. Anyone who started playing after about January 2013 can only drool at the boost units that some players have. Not just stats boost units, but also energy and stamina regen boosts. How is it fair that older players with energy boosts can complete the same LTQs for less money than newer players? And if the newer players don;t complete they fall further behind.

Adm.J
02-03-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't know who has the advantage. But I will say that I see accounts in my minis rival list that can whoop the crap out of my main account. Never ran across that a single time before 3-4 months ago.

Big C
02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
It not just an old vs. new, please refer to The Divide thread. Been playing since late 2012, very light gold spender maybe $16.00 a month (got better uses for my money), not blessed to be in one of those top factions, so got left in the dust months ago. Playing for the fun of it, but not whining about it.