PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to promote leveling

B.Mick
02-02-2014, 04:50 AM
The way I look at it, there are two primary reasons to avoid leveling right now: 1. Epic boss events and 2. WD events. Based on past forums posts, the majority of the community would agree that these events could use some improvement.

1. Epic Boss event - it has been suggested multiple times to include more tiers for the boss health. This would definitely be an improvement over the current setup. However you would still have people trying to stay under certain thresholds. Maybe not to the same extent as now. In order to completely stop worrying about your level, why not include level of the player in the algorithm of the boss health? Is something like this possible to do? So both health scales each level up.

2. WD events - this is probably the biggest reason not to level. Obviously a new formula would be the best option, since the current one is based on the levels of your target. I suggest keeping the core idea in it, your level and the level of your target. However instead of making it related on the difference, or the gap of the two, change it to be additive - I mean take your level and the target's level and that's your WD score for that battle. It would provide more clarity. It would change it some, level 300 successfully attacking another level 300 would award the more points.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

LagBolt
02-02-2014, 05:12 AM
I do think it is stupid that the game punishes you for leveling. xp feels like a punsihment - it should always be the other way round.
The reason I dont level up is the whale/shark zone, does anyone know what level this starts at now?

JerseyGirl
02-02-2014, 05:23 AM
1. I totally agree with you. And GREE programmers could easily make an algorithm. Your level x 1.000 x boss level or something like that.
2. I agree with this suggestion too.

orlanwer
02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Level up kill the olds players, no body want to play w us now, we make this game, now we are garbage for the new players

kelvinng
02-02-2014, 07:28 PM
I do think it is stupid that the game punishes you for leveling. xp feels like a punsihment - it should always be the other way round.
The reason I dont level up is the whale/shark zone, does anyone know what level this starts at now?

shark zone start at lvl 150 if i recall correctly, if wrong then it is lvl 151

ertrifo
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Shark zone starts by posting in the forum topics like this one!

lemonhaze
02-02-2014, 08:57 PM
i started WD in the whale zone bc i was lvl 200+ when WD come out..so it feels like home to me..had to just toughen up and get over it but the whale zone has some great IPH so raiding is great

ertrifo
02-02-2014, 09:14 PM
What do you raid for?
What do you care about level 200, 300, 100 or whatsoever?
Faction bonuses have been made useless by individual bonuses attached to units given away with the faction events so why waste time buying them?
Ingame money are not even useful to buy units to rise your stats as the units available are not any good compared to the the one offered in the single and faction events
Keeping money buildings and upgrading them has been made a total waste of time!
The only concern is faction events now and in my advice the best way to overcome this problems is to have leagues based on player activity and statistics
There is different type of players in this game, aggressive, less aggressive, campers, etc... Why not let them play in the league that best suit their playing style instead forcing them to quit?

Known King
02-03-2014, 12:23 AM
LvL 51
Attack-2,765,077
Defense-3,100,908
IPH-****ty

ID-857-399-639

MaverickINsc
02-03-2014, 06:11 AM
best way to promote leveling is by fixing the prize units that are won by rank and can be purchased with valor.....adjust for the inflation.....10k valor should buy a 1k unit......also make the force degradation and invasion operation awards substantial.......example whe you reach force degradation 500 (you would be over level 200 probably) make the unit come with a bonus like 2 building upgrades at once.....there would be some campers and squatters chase that prize

Agent Orange
02-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Hmm again I think some folks are missing an important point, moving to quickly is a bad strategic move since you wind up running head first into stronger players with better long term strategies.

And I'm not suggesting camping because that can be an equally bad idea if done wrong.

MaverickINsc
02-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Hmm again I think some folks are missing an important point, moving to quickly is a bad strategic move since you wind up running head first into stronger players with better long term strategies.

And I'm not suggesting camping because that can be an equally bad idea if done wrong.

Agent your right.....however the point is what changes in the rewards structure would stop punishing players for achievement.....a level 300 first major should have a ton of att/def for putting in that commitment and time.......not be punished and marginalized.....I think that was the original point...could be wrong

Luuzer
02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
simple way to do it.

lvl 200 or lvl 250 can buy a building that allows to upgrade 2 buildings at the same time. U can upgrade it 1 level for every 50 levels U gain. So lets say all lvl 200 can buy lvl 1, then at lvl 250 U can upgrade it to lvl 2 (upgrade 3 buildings at the same time) and lvl 300 to lvl 3 and in the future lvl 350 to lvl 4 etc. Now THAT would be a good building and I would like to have that.

Then those who dont get that fast have to have some good strategy. Selective camping is the way to do it now (doing it with my minis :D)

plavine
02-04-2014, 07:37 PM
These are all great suggestions , lets hope gree listens for once and implements a few of them , especially the raid boss and wd events

I am a cow!
02-05-2014, 02:58 AM
levelling is fun gree scre ws me over for 3 skill points so i get nothing and oh guess what??? The guy i was just hitting in WD u know the one giving me 400+ is now giving me 200-300 after 1 level up... there is something wrong with gree their punishing their long term players i mean i don't avoid levelling up but i dont want to obviously

The Pharoah
02-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Why do you consider levelling up to be a punishment? Use your skill points to increase your energy, and you can get further in events without needing gold to recharge. So what if you get beat on by players stronger than you? We all do, constantly. But now it doesn't benefit anyone to fight or raid outside of wars unless they're looking for concrete, what does it matter anyway?

You gain xp when you run missions in order to get rewards. Therefore your options are a) Don't chase rewards, or b) Put up with the very occasional level increase. As you get higher up in the levels, it takes much longer to level up anyway...it's only an issue for mini-me players and those who find it hard to keep their stats increasing in proportion to their level. For most players, how strong you are in relation to other players in your level is going to be a function of how much gold you drop, and how much gold your faction drops, on achieving objectives.

People focus too tightly on one or two areas of the game. If you take it as a whole, there are pros and cons to levelling up, the same as there are to everything. I wouldn't worry about it.