PDA

View Full Version : Kudos Gree for making war fun again

LordIndy
02-01-2014, 07:03 AM
While this was my original post, I retract it after Gree changed the matching system mid war.

Fair matchups....walls matter again...castle and wall hits halved to make you hit someone...this has been a most exciting war. I could care less about waiting for five minutes of matching to not have to watch an hour of a 7000-1000 battle. War is war again. Totally awesome job Gree!

Zenobia
02-01-2014, 07:54 AM
What makes war fun for some makes it not fun for others. And vice-versa.

For many people, splintering and the ability for anyone other than the Top 1-3 teams to therefore win streaks was fun. Now 1-3 teams ONLY will win streaks. I fail to see how that is more "fun." But I'm not a free player. What is fun for free players is not the same as what is fun for those of us who a) pay money and b) relished the ability to use SOME strategy in the game. With this war, strategy in KA is completely dead. And only the very top teams can streak. What fun! [/sarcasm]

Alexius
02-01-2014, 08:23 AM

For many people, splintering and the ability for anyone other than the Top 1-3 teams to therefore win streaks was fun. Now 1-3 teams ONLY will win streaks. I fail to see how that is more "fun." But I'm not a free player. What is fun for free players is not the same as what is fun for those of us who a) pay money and b) relished the ability to use SOME strategy in the game. With this war, strategy in KA is completely dead. And only the very top teams can streak. What fun! [/sarcasm]

^^^^exactly. However, even the top three won't all get streaks especially when they want to fight each other to ensure that the other doesn't get the streak bonus. What we have here is crab in a bucket syndrome. Now that we know the parameters of war, we will need to adjust and that will start by stockpiling gold and stones off of the backs of "regular guilds" now that walls matter. Next war will be a fun one :)

LordIndy
02-01-2014, 08:27 AM
I don't see the problem with only the top 1-3 teams winning the top prize. After all, they are the top 1-3 teams. If you want to be in that class, join them. Otherwise, for the 99% that play the game for the fun of it and spend a little here and there, this war is a huge improvement. Sorry a few elite splinter guilds got hosed, but the overwhelming majority of players are enjoying the war once again.

Zenobia
02-01-2014, 09:05 AM
I guess you and I hang in very different circles then, Indy. I know a TON of players who really hate the new matching system. In both splinter guilds AND "traditional" guilds.

I guess losing the last iota of strategy is "fun" to some. But to those who enjoyed the opportunity to think a little in the game, not fun at all.

Bb233
02-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Is there not a strategy where you can get the streak under the parameters of this war? Sounds like sour g****s. Walls cost stones and gold. Absolutely no gems required for walls.

Zenobia
02-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Is there not a strategy where you can get the streak under the parameters of this war? Sounds like sour g****s. Walls cost stones and gold. Absolutely no gems required for walls.
Under the parameters of this war, the streak WOULD have been possible for more than a couple guilds IF they had done us the simple courtesy of telling us beforehand that they were changing all the rules and what the new rules were. [NOTE: I did very specifically ask Sirius that he do that when he implied in a thread a couple weeks ago that something unefined might change. Gree declined to respond.] However, when you only find out the rules of the game after guilds are locked, that makes creating the proper guild constitution for a streak under the new rules impossible. :)

Krayt
02-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Zenobia has hit the nail on the head.
Splintered last war and it was incredibly fun. Back with my guild this war and the new changes and match ups, not as much fun. It's now who will outspend their opponent, no strategy involved. Is that fun?

I think those that might have fun are 500 and back since they face other non money spenders

Bb233
02-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Here's the thing. This is not the first time nor will it be the last time that things changed without forewarning. As it turns out there are now non-powerhouse, non-splinter guilds that happen to have a good mix of LLP and HLP and a sprinkling of gem spenders that have a shot at the streaks.

Bb233
02-01-2014, 09:38 AM
To say that splinter guilds don't spend is BS. They just don't spend as much as others.

Krayt
02-01-2014, 09:41 AM
To say that splinter guilds don't spend is BS. They just don't spend as much as others.

Lol, Splinters spend more. They need to make up for less numbers.
I splintered last war and it was the most I ever spent.

Bb, I think you don't have an idea how the top 100 play.

LordIndy
02-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Apparently Zenobia has lost the art of war. Battles in real life have variables that are often unforeseen. So adaptability is a key. Our guild had to adapt to the new rules just like the others did. If you go all in on a specific strategy then you have to expect to bust out once in a while. There is more to war than the streak. It is supposed to be chaos and unpredictable.

You complain that only the team that spends the most gems will win, but that has always been the case, whether it be in war or in boss events, or LTQ. It is the only way some have monster stats and others don't.

Metsrock9931
02-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Glad to know Gree is finding more ways to increase their revenue by decreasing wall damage. 5.6million attack now does only 2500 points worth of damage. That is truly amazing to have a 33% decrease. (Sarcasm) Gree unfortunately this has hampered the guild experience. Many guilds have decided not to spend gems to take out a wall. Sure we only receive half the points attacking an opponent but it is better than spending gems on a wall that does not increase your units or help increase stats. Let it be back to normal as it is up to the guild to purchase walls, if they do then they have protection if they don't then it is their choice. Continue what you are doing and you will find many more not enjoying the game because you only focus on your highest contributors.

Bb233
02-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Lol, Splinters spend more. They need to make up for less numbers.
I splintered last war and it was the most I ever spent.

Bb, I think you don't have an idea how the top 100 play.

I know exactly how the top 100 play. Been in top 10/25 every war since the beginning. The splinter guilds generally don't spend as much as the top 10.

Spazzer
02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Everything they do you complain about it. Why do you even play this game anymore?

Zenobia
02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Apparently Zenobia has lost the art of war. Battles in real life have variables that are often unforeseen. So adaptability is a key. Our guild had to adapt to the new rules just like the others did. If you go all in on a specific strategy then you have to expect to bust out once in a while. There is more to war than the streak. It is supposed to be chaos and unpredictable.

You don't get it. The only way for the guilds who adapted to the previous system to adapt to the new rules would be to change the constitution of the guild. This must be done before the war begins and guilds are locked. A splinter, or Top 50 guild, could only adapt to this new strategy during war if we could add and drop players from our roster during war. Or by spending a ton of money and that in many, many cases would not even work.

I know a 1-person splinter who was matched with FUN 5. Tell me, Indy, since you know so much more about the art of war than I: how is he supposed to adapt to this new system during this war?

You know as well as I that MoC knows how to adapt during war as well as anyone, if it is possible to adapt to win without changing the makeup of the guild (Daleth, anyone?) But this change requires foreknowledge to adapt to. And putting a lot of work into a plan and then the rules changing when it is too late does not a fun war make IMO. That said, MoC is adapting as well as we can this war. We are not splintered. And the splinters we face are out-gemming us at the end so we do not have a ton of wins. But we are going for rank not wins this war and should have no problem achieving our goal.

Alexius
02-01-2014, 10:35 AM

You complain that only the team that spends the most gems will win, but that has always been the case, whether it be in war or in boss events, or LTQ. It is the only way some have monster stats and others don't.

How ironic that person advocating for the guilds that have been beating their heads against the wall the past 8 wars is now saying "adapt" when they haven't adapted at all. Lol, amazing how views shift once the pendulum does....

LordIndy
02-01-2014, 12:32 PM
How ironic that person advocating for the guilds that have been beating their heads against the wall the past 8 wars is now saying "adapt" when they haven't adapted at all. Lol, amazing how views shift once the pendulum does....

I don't know what you mean. Walls were a joke prior to this war. So much so, we didn't waste the resources to build them. Now, we have 20k plus stones and now walls are important, resources to make life for our opponent difficult. It is the same with people who wasted their honor on meaningless units and then whined when they didn't have enough to finish the quest.

LordIndy
02-01-2014, 12:48 PM
You don't get it. The only way for the guilds who adapted to the previous system to adapt to the new rules would be to change the constitution of the guild. This must be done before the war begins and guilds are locked. A splinter, or Top 50 guild, could only adapt to this new strategy during war if we could add and drop players from our roster during war. Or by spending a ton of money and that in many, many cases would not even work.

I know a 1-person splinter who was matched with FUN 5. Tell me, Indy, since you know so much more about the art of war than I: how is he supposed to adapt to this new system during this war?

You know as well as I that MoC knows how to adapt during war as well as anyone, if it is possible to adapt to win without changing the makeup of the guild (Daleth, anyone?) But this change requires foreknowledge to adapt to. And putting a lot of work into a plan and then the rules changing when it is too late does not a fun war make IMO. That said, MoC is adapting as well as we can this war. We are not splintered. And the splinters we face are out-gemming us at the end so we do not have a ton of wins. But we are going for rank not wins this war and should have no problem achieving our goal.

Always glad to hear MoC is adjusting as well as possible, as I know they would. I am also glad you should achieve your goal. I always have been a fan and remain that way.

However, I always will humbly disagree with certain strategies that sacrifice the goals of the guild for the sake of certain individuals. We have disagreed on this in the past and will continue to do so.

Alexius
02-01-2014, 01:36 PM
I don't know what you mean. Walls were a joke prior to this war. So much so, we didn't waste the resources to build them. Now, we have 20k plus stones and now walls are important, resources to make life for our opponent difficult. It is the same with people who wasted their honor on meaningless units and then whined when they didn't have enough to finish the quest.

"Beating your head against the wall" is a figure of speech and has nothing to do with in game walls..... To be literal, the guilds you are advocating for have not changed an ounce regardless of the parameters of war and you are now telling the people who did adapt and change for the new landscape of the game that they need to be open to adapt because the advantage has been shifted back towards the people who have not, in fact, adapted. Ironic....

Btw, this has nothing to do with the honor quest at all. I will say that you can expect the same people who spent the last 8 wars getting stronger by completing the individual and guild quests during will now be raiding your kingdoms and attacking you stockpiling stones and gold for the next war. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and no system is perfect and immune from exploitation, especially when it's based in competition between two parties that are forever changing.

LordIndy
02-01-2014, 01:48 PM
"Beating your head against the wall" is a figure of speech and has nothing to do with in game walls..... To be literal, the guilds you are advocating for have not changed an ounce regardless of the parameters of war and you are now telling the people who did adapt and change for the new landscape of the game that they need to be open to adapt because the advantage has been shifted back towards the people who have not, in fact, adapted. Ironic....

Btw, this has nothing to do with the honor quest at all. I will say that you can expect the same people who spent the last 8 wars getting stronger by completing the individual and guild quests during will now be raiding your kingdoms and attacking you stockpiling stones and gold for the next war. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and no system is perfect and immune from exploitation, especially when it's based in competition between two parties that are forever changing.

I beg to differ. Have always combatted the splinter strategy. You know the number of times we successfully beat a splinter by bum rushing a castle?

Splintering takes no strategy other than getting people who will play 24/7. I had an inactive account last war, made a new guild splinter and went 23-4 in 28 hours, no gems, no walls, and very non spectacular stats (level 110 2.5M) before I got bored and quit.

50 wins was too easy. The "original" group that employed this method used strategy. Everyone else just copied it because it worked to get good units for little cost.

Whatever about raiding...I have no problem taking care of myself aside from the 1% in my battle pool that are in the top guilds.

Alexius
02-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I beg to differ. Have always combatted the splinter strategy. You know the number of times we successfully beat a splinter by bum rushing a castle?

Splintering takes no strategy other than getting people who will play 24/7. I had an inactive account last war, made a new guild splinter and went 23-4 in 28 hours, no gems, no walls, and very non spectacular stats (level 110 2.5M) before I got bored and quit.

50 wins was too easy. The "original" group that employed this method used strategy. Everyone else just copied it because it worked to get good units for little cost.

Whatever about raiding...I have no problem taking care of myself aside from the 1% in my battle pool that are in the top guilds.

Haha you keep telling yourself that. 23 wins being one mini is a far cry from winning 56 over the course of a war especially when you used to have to fight new guilds including other splinters regularly. We will have a difference in opinion on this matter. Good luck out there haha!

Person
02-01-2014, 03:30 PM

Whatever about raiding...I have no problem taking care of myself aside from the 1% in my battle pool that are in the top guilds. Indy for splintering the real fun starts near the end of the last 3 streak quests. That's when 10 people guilds in the top 300s get matched with FUN and RK. And 50 wins really isn't easier or harder. For every win there has to be a loss you know? Previous matches got you matched mainly based on overall strength. So a small team matching a large team would have good targets 99% of the time. And good targets usually mean a win. Now overall guild strength is less important, and it's back to streak, cp count, overall win and loss and average guild strength. At least that's how it was before they changed it, not sure now. But especially that last thing, average guild strength ruins the entire war for nearly all guilds using streak tactics. Even if you are a single 80m player, chances were good you could be matched with a guild like FUN, regardless of rank.

And for your comment that streaks are cheap, that's just not true. It might be cheaper than achieving top 100 rank in the individual CP rank, but you have to have at least a couple mountains on hand so WHEN GREE screws you you're ready. Admitting defeat on battle 9/9 with 15 hours to go in the war is throwing away all you worked and spent for, ruining your entire war weekend. And if a single player gets FUN5, that would make a 3 man crew available for FUN.

The guild matching variables are set with 1 goal in mind only. How do we get the players to spend the most money.

LordIndy
02-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Indy for splintering the real fun starts near the end of the last 3 streak quests. That's when 10 people guilds in the top 300s get matched with FUN and RK. And 50 wins really isn't easier or harder. For every win there has to be a loss you know? Previous matches got you matched mainly based on overall strength. So a small team matching a large team would have good targets 99% of the time. And good targets usually mean a win. Now overall guild strength is less important, and it's back to streak, cp count, overall win and loss and average guild strength. At least that's how it was before they changed it, not sure now. But especially that last thing, average guild strength ruins the entire war for nearly all guilds using streak tactics. Even if you are a single 80m player, chances were good you could be matched with a guild like FUN, regardless of rank.

And for your comment that streaks are cheap, that's just not true. It might be cheaper than achieving top 100 rank in the individual CP rank, but you have to have at least a couple mountains on hand so WHEN GREE screws you you're ready. Admitting defeat on battle 9/9 with 15 hours to go in the war is throwing away all you worked and spent for, ruining your entire war weekend. And if a single player gets FUN5, that would make a 3 man crew available for FUN.

The guild matching variables are set with 1 goal in mind only. How do we get the players to spend the most money.

To both of you...I said 50 wins is easy for a splinter. Very few achieved the 56 streak even before this and I never said it was easy. However, the one time I did splinter, we went 63-6 and finished the war on 6-12 of the final win streak quest all while spending fewer gems than normal. So please do not try to explain to me that which. I already know.

Krayt
02-01-2014, 03:57 PM
To both of you...I said 50 wins is easy for a splinter. Very few achieved the 56 streak even before this and I never said it was easy. However, the one time I did splinter, we went 63-6 and finished the war on 6-12 of the final win streak quest all while spending fewer gems than normal. So please do not try to explain to me that which. I already know.

Spending few gems is exactly why you didn't get 56...
The only reason 50 is easy is because you are splintering with people that are serious about making a run and want to really win. So as long as your guild ate choices are good, 50 is easier than in a massive guild. However 56 is still really hard and requires some luck as well

Zenobia
02-01-2014, 03:59 PM
However, I always will humbly disagree with certain strategies that sacrifice the goals of the guild for the sake of certain individuals. We have disagreed on this in the past and will continue to do so.

"Humbly." Interesting word choice for one casting judgment on something that is none of his business. Your misassessment of MoC's current internal workings is based on ancient history. And what we choose to do inside our guild since then is none of your business any more.

LordIndy
02-01-2014, 05:42 PM
"Humbly." Interesting word choice for one casting judgment on something that is none of his business. Your misassessment of MoC's current internal workings is based on ancient history. And what we choose to do inside our guild since then is none of your business any more.

First of all, I made no such claim of anything. This makes multiple times on this thread my words have been twisted by MoC, you twice and Person once. You chose to respond to this thread. If you don't wish to engage in dialog, then stop doing so. I merely stated that I disagreed.

senna
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Fair matchups....walls matter again...castle and wall hits halved to make you hit someone...this has been a most exciting war. I could care less about waiting for five minutes of matching to not have to watch an hour of a 7000-1000 battle. War is war again. Totally awesome job Gree!

What rubbish. this is the worst war ever.

Palewood
02-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I am in a top 100 guild, spend money and play way too much - I think the changes have been great for what I like to get out of the game - I think the added value of stones, walls and gold will all change the strategy of the game a little and different guilds will tackle it in different ways.

I didn't like the splinter guilds because of the fact it broke up some good guilds I was friendly with and made some players make much more self focused rather than guild focused which is my prefered enjoyment in the game.

I'm sure there were strategies in the splinter guilds but that whole area of the game really didn't appeal to me and it killed many battles for my guild because on many occasions , people waited for wars and then couldn't find a single target - very boring and very disappointing

I had two people retire from the game due to splinter guilds.

I understand some frustration from the splinters but I think overall he changes have breathed new life into this battle for my guild with targets for everyone in every war - not always great points and not always easy but at least fair and challenging but manageable as a guild

That's my thoughts anyhow....

Lys
02-01-2014, 09:55 PM
What rubbish. this is the worst war ever.
For every person claiming this, there's someone saying it's an improvement.

I enjoy the changes being in a top 10 guild. We've been matched with Top 3 3x each now, and if all goes well there's actually a chance that we won't see them again, allowing us a shot at 50 wins. Considering the gem spending that goes into our guild, to have a solid chance to hit 50 wins is a nice refreshing breath of air for us. It used to be we either lost so much time waiting for the TOP 3 in an attempt to avoid matching them or met the top 3 so much we had no chance at 50 wins. Now we finally do.

If you are a splinter guild person, then I don't feel sorry for you. If you're someone who does wars solo, well sorry, but guilds were never meant to be a one-man affair, it's a social aspect. Social = interacting with others. So, to me, this has been an excellent change thus far.

Bloodsucker
02-01-2014, 10:13 PM
This will be the FIRST war I have ever not gotten the streak prize. I wouldnt mind so much if it werent for the added fact that I dont do ANY LTQs in between war. I cant do box events because my weapon has 21 attack...I cant do RB because Im not in a powerful guild...I cant do energy ltqs because my weapon is 21 attack...I cant do 100 boss kill events because experience is ridiculous.

Now that I cant finish streak event, i guess my guy is as powerful as he will ever be. Even with 50 wins, im going to increase 300-400k per war where others are increasing by 10s of millions.

Oh well...just one more step to final retirement.

Krayt
02-01-2014, 10:18 PM
This will be the FIRST war I have ever not gotten the streak prize. I wouldnt mind so much if it werent for the added fact that I dont do ANY LTQs in between war. I cant do box events because my weapon has 21 attack...I cant do RB because Im not in a powerful guild...I cant do energy ltqs because my weapon is 21 attack...I cant do 100 boss kill events because experience is ridiculous.

Now that I cant finish streak event, i guess my guy is as powerful as he will ever be. Even with 50 wins, im going to increase 300-400k per war where others are increasing by 10s of millions.

Omg, whine much???
You can do other events, you choose not to! Suck it up.

Alexius
02-01-2014, 10:26 PM
I am in a top 100 guild, spend money and play way too much - I think the changes have been great for what I like to get out of the game - I think the added value of stones, walls and gold will all change the strategy of the game a little and different guilds will tackle it in different ways.

I didn't like the splinter guilds because of the fact it broke up some good guilds I was friendly with and made some players make much more self focused rather than guild focused which is my prefered enjoyment in the game.

I'm sure there were strategies in the splinter guilds but that whole area of the game really didn't appeal to me and it killed many battles for my guild because on many occasions , people waited for wars and then couldn't find a single target - very boring and very disappointing

I had two people retire from the game due to splinter guilds.

I understand some frustration from the splinters but I think overall he changes have breathed new life into this battle for my guild with targets for everyone in every war - not always great points and not always easy but at least fair and challenging but manageable as a guild

That's my thoughts anyhow....

I don't want this to come off as an attack on you because it's not meant to be

Splinter guilds were born at a time when the only way that you could get a bonus was during war and the largest bonus unit by far for anyone under the top 3 rank was the streak prize. This prize was very difficult to obtain because not only did you have to somehow complete 56 wars but you had to win them all. This is an impossible task unless you were a member of the one guild that beat everyone or you successfully avoided them and didn't lose to people just as strong as you are.

They expanded once we started getting big bonuses for every quest we did. You finish a quest and get a bigger bonus than you get in war. 20% magic attack here, 5% alliance attack there. You realize your prize for top 25 is a 10% infantry attack unit that you just spent a ridiculous amount of gems to get and no streak unit regardless of the fact that you scored 300k? 600k? 1mil? Seems pretty small huh. I bet you can get top 50 and win the streak prize if you got together with similar scoring people. Then they added individual prizes so that you actually get a 10% infantry attack unit anyways because you score so much. Wow, a lot of incentive to stay top and spend huh

Want to get rid of splinters?

1. Stop giving such ridiculous bonuses for quests. It devalues the little 5% boosts that add up the higher you place.
2. Make the goal attainable. 45 wins is a decent goal for a big guild
3. Have the guild rewards for top 10 on down add up to substantially more than the wins prize

The market drives the playing field, not the other way around.

Krayt
02-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Agree Alexius...
However, this war might make average players reconsider being in a splinter if walls are tougher and castle hits are less valuable.

That said, I have said for awhile if you want to get rid of splinters then change the prizes awarded.
Up all guild prizes and make people want to war there

Bloodsucker
02-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Omg, whine much???
You can do other events, you choose not to! Suck it up.

Troll much? I wasnt whining...I used to enjoy this game and I dont anymore. No biggy...theres always another game.

But, to answer your quasi-question, no I cant do other events for the reasons I mentioned. Id have to be a chump to spend 1000 dollars a month on this game.

Krayt
02-01-2014, 11:39 PM
No you can do the events, you choose not and find a lame excuse why you can't. You were just this past week given an opportunity to get a new weapon as well but I doubt you did that too.

I get it, you are trying to keep your character as low as possible while getting as strong as possible. However you shut yourself out from opportunities and when Gree takes away your best option you are upset. Get over it. You want to play as little as possible and spend very little but expect a monster character, ain't happening. Move on

Palewood
02-02-2014, 01:57 AM
I don't want this to come off as an attack on you because it's not meant to be

Splinter guilds were born at a time when the only way that you could get a bonus was during war and the largest bonus unit by far for anyone under the top 3 rank was the streak prize. This prize was very difficult to obtain because not only did you have to somehow complete 56 wars but you had to win them all. This is an impossible task unless you were a member of the one guild that beat everyone or you successfully avoided them and didn't lose to people just as strong as you are.

They expanded once we started getting big bonuses for every quest we did. You finish a quest and get a bigger bonus than you get in war. 20% magic attack here, 5% alliance attack there. You realize your prize for top 25 is a 10% infantry attack unit that you just spent a ridiculous amount of gems to get and no streak unit regardless of the fact that you scored 300k? 600k? 1mil? Seems pretty small huh. I bet you can get top 50 and win the streak prize if you got together with similar scoring people. Then they added individual prizes so that you actually get a 10% infantry attack unit anyways because you score so much. Wow, a lot of incentive to stay top and spend huh

Want to get rid of splinters?

1. Stop giving such ridiculous bonuses for quests. It devalues the little 5% boosts that add up the higher you place.
2. Make the goal attainable. 45 wins is a decent goal for a big guild
3. Have the guild rewards for top 10 on down add up to substantially more than the wins prize

The market drives the playing field, not the other way around.

Reasonable thoughts and no offence taken - I don't mind how people choose to play the game - do all quests, do none, spend, don't spend - splinter, guild hop, one man shows, all from one country, all level 200 - whatever, that's one of the good things about the game - you can play it in different ways

However - I do think they should attempt to make it playable for all accounts and my only issue with splinters was that my guild shouldn't have to play them 10 out of 40 in a battle so that 25% of the time you couldn't do anything but hit the castle! while they try to score as little as possible - it was anti the way a "battle" should be to my way of thinking and damn boring

Other than that - I think it's a great tactic but a tad anti social for me

senna
02-02-2014, 02:38 AM
For every person claiming this, there's someone saying it's an improvement.

If you are a splinter guild person, then I don't feel sorry for you. If you're someone who does wars solo, well sorry, but guilds were never meant to be a one-man affair, it's a social aspect. Social = interacting with others. So, to me, this has been an excellent change thus far.

Yes, I m in a splinter but I don't need any sympathy from you and thanks Gree for fixing the match ups, its now perfect!!!

leek
02-02-2014, 05:38 AM

Stop making excuses, saying you can't . You are just not WILLING. Don't expect stats to fall from the sky, you need to earn it. Since you are so xp concerned, why don't you just hit walls or castles during war, that should really help u to keep your xp low. Lol
Also retirement doesn't make much of a difference for you since... You don't even play the game much. So go ahead and retire if you want

Krayt
02-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Yes, I m in a splinter but I don't need any sympathy from you and thanks Gree for fixing the match ups, its now perfect!!!

Now it's perfect because now you aren't facing splinters but guilds that can't touch you....
We hadn't faced a splinter til Gree tweaked the match up system during the war, now we face them often.

AnObesePenguin
02-02-2014, 07:54 AM
I completely agree with the 3 points Alexius listed. The prize structure in the game has gone from bad to worse, with absolutely every new quest having a bigger boost attached. Gone are the days when you had to finish a quest to get a nice new 15k unit, and then finish higher in war to get a boost making it more valuable. I don't see them reversing this even if it were possible at this point.

As far as splinters go, I have never cared to be a part of one. It just doesn't suit my play style. Now I don't go around demanding that they change the game to suit my play style, I choose to play this way so it is what it is. But it my eyes the splinter guild (while getting in a strong guild between wars for quests) was the most "beneficial" way to play this game. The large number of players who have done it have benefited from it for months now. While the "normal" guilds stood by and fell further behind.

As I said we chose to play this way, so we should not be complaining about it. But now that the algorithm for the first time does not benefit the streak guilds you want to come complain about it? No matching system will be perfect, but you could try "adapting" like you have been telling everyone else for months. More transparency would be good yes, but you want to know everything ahead of time? Would you also like the game to play itself more then it already does?

If I had to guess I would think the newer algorithms they have been trying this weekend benefit the majority of guilds. I think creating even matchups for as many guilds as possible by putting them against relatively similar and like-minded guilds is the best thing they could do for war.

And now I'm ranting, and remember why I don't post here often. There are a lot of good points and suggestions here, but some things people are saying are just ridiculous...

Bloodsucker
02-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Stop making excuses, saying you can't . You are just not WILLING. Don't expect stats to fall from the sky, you need to earn it. Since you are so xp concerned, why don't you just hit walls or castles during war, that should really help u to keep your xp low. Lol
Also retirement doesn't make much of a difference for you since... You don't even play the game much. So go ahead and retire if you want

I love how the idea of "earning it" to you means "empty your wallet". Funny, but when I was a kid, earning something meant hard work and sweat. Clicking on a little blue gem isnt earning anything...if anything, its EASIER.

Person
02-02-2014, 08:58 AM
they changed it back much to the way it was before. So all they did now was ruin it for their biggest spenders outside the top 3, the splinters. I dont care what you think you know mr Indy, nearly all splinters are aiming for the 56 streak, and that is just as expensive per person as running for top 3. The 10-15 man powerhouses with 200k stats per level will still make it most likely, but the solo's and more cost efficiently set up splinters are ****ed.

I know of a splinter last war which "accidentally" ended up in the top 25 with a small crew, just because they didnt want to lose. Still did because they faced FUN or RK every other war, but still.

Chaos of WOL
02-02-2014, 09:26 AM
^^^^exactly. However, even the top three won't all get streaks especially when they want to fight each other to ensure that the other doesn't get the streak bonus. What we have here is crab in a bucket syndrome. Now that we know the parameters of war, we will need to adjust and that will start by stockpiling gold and stones off of the backs of "regular guilds" now that walls matter. Next war will be a fun one :)

I guess you and I hang in very different circles then, Indy. I know a TON of players who really hate the new matching system. In both splinter guilds AND "traditional" guilds.

I guess losing the last iota of strategy is "fun" to some. But to those who enjoyed the opportunity to think a little in the game, not fun at all.

Under the parameters of this war, the streak WOULD have been possible for more than a couple guilds IF they had done us the simple courtesy of telling us beforehand that they were changing all the rules and what the new rules were. [NOTE: I did very specifically ask Sirius that he do that when he implied in a thread a couple weeks ago that something unefined might change. Gree declined to respond.] However, when you only find out the rules of the game after guilds are locked, that makes creating the proper guild constitution for a streak under the new rules impossible. :)

We are a humble guild just trying to have fun, strategy to get points means to take down the wall. Our international crew only has 6 players tops at any given time, we've moved down the leader board 300 positions this war and used twice as many gems so we could take wall then hit players. We are all looking for a new game, this is not fun.

Jomama1
02-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Gree finally had the match ups right and went back after severe complaining from the splinters. How is it strategy for 10 people at 40M stats to match up with a 50 person guild where the average is 10M? All it means is that the members in those guilds sit around and do nothing for an hour, We have had 7 such matches out of the last 10. Most get tired of waiting so stop spending gems and paying attention because it is boring.

If Gree wants to chase away upcoming players and strangle themselves to death fine. This is forcing people to leave the game. Our guild has seen a ton of retirements in last two months because of this.

It is simply not strategy to match guilds that can't hit you.

Matches should be based on both strength and size.

Jomama1
02-02-2014, 09:40 AM
One more point. First day of war was marked by the most excitement and joy I have see in war in months. Most of our friends in other guilds felt the same way. Back to dreary grind....

Jomama1
02-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Without encouraging new players this game dies.

Jomama1
02-02-2014, 09:49 AM
BTW- I also think that the prize structure needs to be adjusted as described above.

Person
02-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Gree finally had the match ups right and went back after severe complaining from the splinters. How is it strategy for 10 people at 40M stats to match up with a 50 person guild where the average is 10M? All it means is that the members in those guilds sit around and do nothing for an hour, We have had 7 such matches out of the last 10. Most get tired of waiting so stop spending gems and paying attention because it is boring.

If Gree wants to chase away upcoming players and strangle themselves to death fine. This is forcing people to leave the game. Our guild has seen a ton of retirements in last two months because of this.

It is simply not strategy to match guilds that can't hit you.

Matches should be based on both strength and size.

Just as fair as it was yesterday, when a 1 person guild with 40m stats matched a guild of 20 people with 30-60m stats.

Jomama1
02-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Was happening less yesterday - but that is my point - if they take both size and strength into account like they were doing yesterday - fights will be better. 1 person guilds should probably not meet anyone higher than 10, Put bands of 10 or so on each side for matchups.

Jomama1
02-02-2014, 11:18 AM
or even a bell curve of probabilty

Krayt
02-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Since the other thread is locked....
How about looking into why I lose to someone with over 1m less in stats.

I get if it was 160m vs. 159m, but when I am 8m losing to 6.7m that is a problem. I know there is your random factor but that much difference should be beyond random factor. I don't me once or twice, I am at more than five now

Perfuzzie
02-02-2014, 12:05 PM

I get if it was 160m vs. 159m, but when I am 8m losing to 6.7m that is a problem. I know there is your random factor but that much difference should be beyond random factor. I don't me once or twice, I am at more than five now

what about losing 36 mil to 27 mil lol ... i got used to it so just play the game as it is ... the "random" factor will be there all the time

LordIndy
02-02-2014, 12:09 PM

Real simple...if you hit someone within 20% of your stats, you will sometimes lose. Underdogs do win once in a while.

Lys
02-02-2014, 12:23 PM

My record now is losing to someone with 10M in stats below me... 42M to 32M. I was like... huh. Oooookay then, moving on...

Krayt
02-02-2014, 12:29 PM
10m Lys, holy crap

Jerle
02-02-2014, 12:36 PM
10M sounds like a bit much even accounting for randomness, might be worth sending a screenshot to support so we can check that out.

Regarding match algorithm parameters: we will almost never give out exact numbers. This is not to try and make it obscure - but numbers can and do change a lot, and we would also rather people not try to optimize against the very specific details. Instead, we share general parameters the matcher may take into account, which may include including guild size, total strength, average strength, time in queue, points, rank, and a handful of other things. The goal is always to try and move more towards more engaging matches for all.

StrictNine
02-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Let the splinters face splinters I say, or go back to their guild. You don't HAVE to have every prize in the game.

leek
02-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I love how the idea of "earning it" to you means "empty your wallet". Funny, but when I was a kid, earning something meant hard work and sweat. Clicking on a little blue gem isnt earning anything...if anything, its EASIER.

Well, you mentioned you had won 56 streaks for all previous wars except this one, I don't believe you did it without clicking the blue button quite a bit coupled with some very solid teamwork unless you are leeching on your guild mates to pick up the slack for you? That's the easiest way to get max benefits without hurting your wallet right?

Lys
02-02-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't recall the exact amounts, but I think it was ~41.9 v ~32.5 or so. About a 22% Advantage to me. Usually I go for the 15% or more advantage, that typically seems to be the 'magic number' for guaranteeing wins. I just chalked it up as a fluke and moved on, as it was 1 attack in the 24 or 28 I did on that player.

Wouldn't be able to recreate it either, I don't even recall who / when it was, just that I saw the loss, eyes kind of widened a little bit, and then I just shrugged and continue forward.

Also, thanks for actively monitoring the feedback here. There's been a few positive signs out of GREE lately in regards to KA, and this is just another one. It's been amazing so far finally have a solid shot at 50 wins in a Top 10 guild. Before, even if we spent a lot, there were the top three that we simply could not outgem to win. Now though, we have 9 losses, 3 apiece from the Top 3 folks, and then we've been able to gem enough to win. Closest fight was with RK5, and I know GREE got a nice chunk from that one as the CP total between the two of us was just under 4 million. I like the changes, at least with how it has affected the Top 10/25 players. Been hearing good things from the Top 75/100 folks as well.

Good direction I believe. Glad to see progress again.

10M sounds like a bit much even accounting for randomness, might be worth sending a screenshot to support so we can check that out.

Regarding match algorithm parameters: we will almost never give out exact numbers. This is not to try and make it obscure - but numbers can and do change a lot, and we would also rather people not try to optimize against the very specific details. Instead, we share general parameters the matcher may take into account, which may include including guild size, total strength, average strength, time in queue, points, rank, and a handful of other things. The goal is always to try and move more towards more engaging matches for all.

Person
02-02-2014, 02:09 PM

i dont need exact numbers. But Jerle please, if you go for average guild strength in stead of overall guild strength next war, I dont particularly mind but at least let us know beforehand.

KM KAge
02-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Since the matching algorithm was "fixed", we have had no good matches, not even one. Before the fix, we had nothing but good matches. Every battle before was close, and even though we lost just over half, every one was close in both opponents and scoring. Battles were won/lost by about 5%, some by as little as one hit.

senna
02-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Since the matching algorithm was "fixed", we have had no good matches, not even one. Before the fix, we had nothing but good matches. Every battle before was close, and even though we lost just over half, every one was close in both opponents and scoring. Battles were won/lost by about 5%, some by as little as one hit.

Since the matching algorithm was fixed yesterday(thanks Gree), my splinter has been undefeated in the last 20 battles. That said, we still need to earn our wins. I don't mind Gree making changes as long as its made known and transparent before war commences.

QueBall
02-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Here here. This war was fun and fair. Agreed since the fix the match ups have been completely awful. Guilds we are facing now are completely unbeatable and I'm in a top 50 group. Group we are facing now Together as One has 11 players. The lowest is level 95 22 million. Really??????????????????

Lys
02-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Here here. This war was fun and fair. Agreed since the fix the match ups have been completely awful. Guilds we are facing now are completely unbeatable and I'm in a top 50 group. Group we are facing now Together as One has 11 players. The lowest is level 95 22 million. Really??????????????????
We pulled them back to back and finished with them ~30 minutes ago. I was really, really hoping that they were on 8/9 streak and not the 11/11 streak, as I'm a total a-hole and like to see splinters die in a burning ball of fire alongside their dreams and hopes. Even being in a Top 10 guild, a large portion of our players could not touch them though, really annoying. Ended up beating them both times, just out gemmed them and they didn't put up a big fight.

Senna - that's how it should be. Splinters should not be able to steamroll their opponents, they should have to fight (and spend) to get the wins. I can respect those guilds. I have no respect when they're handed wins on a platter, however.

Krissy
02-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Please return it the way it was Friday and Saturday. Today has been horrendous. Splinter after splinter. It was fun before. Stop listening to a very small percentage of your overall players. Much more money in 10,000 people spending 20 bucks and more stability than a few spending mega bucks.

Generic_Username
02-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Please return it the way it was Friday and Saturday. Today has been horrendous. Splinter after splinter. It was fun before. Stop listening to a very small percentage of your overall players. Much more money in 10,000 people spending 20 bucks and more stability than a few spending mega bucks.

Why do u say listening to a small group of players? It isnt logical to change something because only a few ppl/guilds are complaining.
For all we know this war has more splinters than traditional guilds. And u claim to know 10,000 players that would be coughing up $20? lmao

Person
02-02-2014, 09:23 PM

before matching was good for lower ranked free/light gemming guilds and total BS for splinters. Now its back to the way it was, the other way around.

What did you expect? Gree to screw over heavy gemmers in aid of free/light gemmers?

Perfuzzie
02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
whatever gree did i love it , not matching the same guild more than 3 times is great , we got our asses kicked by funx3 , rkx3, sbx3 .... the rest were decent match ups we met all top 10 guilds and splinters and some lower ranked guilds ... overall seems fair for a top 10 guild ...

Krayt
02-02-2014, 10:03 PM
before matching was good for lower ranked free/light gemming guilds and total BS for splinters. Now its back to the way it was, the other way around.

What did you expect? Gree to screw over heavy gemmers in aid of free/light gemmers?

How do you figure free/light gem ears benefitted?

John173
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM
I hate this change , not fair , why not make random match ?

Person
02-02-2014, 10:31 PM
How do you figure free/light gem ears benefitted?

Because they didnt match splinters anymore.

LordIndy
02-03-2014, 04:40 AM

Yes back to the 1000-7000 matchups and now Gree has taken away the only way to combat them. So to fix a so-called problem, they swing the pendulum completely the other way. Sorry I started this thread now because once again Gree has succumbed to a few whiners and completely changed the rules in the middle of an event.

Granted that is life and I understand it. On the positive side the last splinter must have read my posts because they did not even try to keep it close against us.

Frostpocket
02-03-2014, 04:59 AM
I can't enjoy this war, I'm afraid. I am part of a guild, which has members who have played this gAme for a very long time. We rank around 200, sometimes higher and mostly, our stats are mediocre to not great. For the past six or so battles, we have been pitched against top ranking splinters from Fun, SB and other top ranking and top gem spending players. Some of us use gems; some of us don't. The issue is, we are faced with level 7 walls and 20 mill stat players. I am 9 mill att, which for a level 169 player is pants. We just declare, see the wall, hit the DL and forget it. Till the next one. Roll on 8pm, when this thing is over. All of us, just hate it, really hate it. Next war, we aren't fighting. I don't see this as a whinge. It's just what it is. An uneven playing field. Back in the day, guilds matched guilds, and we had a good fight,. The best and top spenders won it. Now, we just face newly formed splinters with massively inflated stats because of changes in the game and actually have faced one from last war, three times already this war. Gems matter, don't care what anyone says. We look forward to the end, that's all.

Krayt
02-03-2014, 05:53 AM

Actually it's the other way around, now they are facing splinters

Pophai
02-03-2014, 06:06 AM
In fact I like the matching system, in particular the fact, that you canīt meet the same guild more than 3 times.

Being in a Top guild you always had to monitor top 3 moving and try to avoid them. This war we faced them early and can now declare back to back without waiting for 20-30 minutes between wars. I personally find this much more fun.

Of cause there is always someone complaining, this time it basically seem to be the splinters. I guess it is simply impossible for Gree to make everybody happy when it comes to matching.

Krayt
02-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Not meeting the same guild more than three times isn't new. It's been in place for awhile now

Shazam
02-03-2014, 06:14 AM
The 'change back' to old matching is definitely pandering to splinters and why? Generally guilds like TAO win with passive points only. How is giving them, and similar splinters, the top prizes for free and stopping others even fighting (hence not buying gems GREE) good for the game or indeed GREE?

Makes no sense. This war was most enjoyable one since the first two for the first half and sucks again now.

Shazam
02-03-2014, 06:18 AM
Not meeting the same guild more than three times isn't new. It's been in place for awhile now

Nope. Met one five times last war.

LordIndy
02-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Just as fair as it was yesterday, when a 1 person guild with 40m stats matched a guild of 20 people with 30-60m stats.

So a splinter guild should not have to face the same impossible odds the average guild faces against the splinter? You really want it one way only.

Person
02-03-2014, 06:54 AM
So a splinter guild should not have to face the same impossible odds the average guild faces against the splinter? You really want it one way only.

no, i want it to be fair. Splinters now face splinters and smaller/lower ranked guilds. Before they changed it back it was splinters face splinters or top 10-25 guilds, regardless of rank.

Krayt
02-03-2014, 07:17 AM
no, i want it to be fair. Splinters now face splinters and smaller/lower ranked guilds. Before they changed it back it was splinters face splinters or top 10-25 guilds, regardless of rank.

We never faced a splinter until Gree changed things during the war. Now we only face those impossible splinters. And we were top 25 until Gree made their changes

Klassenr@hotmail.com
02-03-2014, 07:34 AM
This game has become an effin joke. After migrating to Game of War my eyes have been opened to the futility of continuing here. Sick of being treated like a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed a bunch of s-h-i-t. Stat inflation is one thing, and bearable under the right conditions. Constantly changing parameters without notice is unacceptable and shows how little concern gree has for their customers. For those of you that haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and give it a go. I am abandoning my account with more than 10k gems left and over 50M stats. This is my last post here so feel free to ban the account. Almost two years playing this game. Look me up on GoW or Kakao as i have the same ign's. Good luck to all of you continuing the 'good' fight against insurmountable odds.

LordIndy
02-03-2014, 07:53 AM

So again, you are saying splinters should not have to face higher ranked teams despite the fact they have similar stats.

Pophai
02-03-2014, 07:54 AM

No it has not. It was only a rumor, but in fact we faced same guild more than 3 times last war!

Person
02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
So again, you are saying splinters should not have to face higher ranked teams despite the fact they have similar stats.

no, im saying that with the information on guildmatches we had when the guild started, matching based on overall guild strength is fair. If they had told us beforehand things would change, im certain everyone would have adjusted accordingly.

And yes im saying splinters shouldnt face higher ranked guilds despite having similar individual stats, thats the entire point of being a splinter.

LordIndy
02-03-2014, 08:28 AM
no, im saying that with the information on guildmatches we had when the guild started, matching based on overall guild strength is fair. If they had told us beforehand things would change, im certain everyone would have adjusted accordingly.

And yes im saying splinters shouldnt face higher ranked guilds despite having similar individual stats, thats the entire point of being a splinter.

So it is ok for lower ranked guilds to face the top guilds as frequently happens, but splinters should get special treatments. Why don't you just petition Gree to hand over the streak unit. Face it, when you form a splinter you are taking a risk.

If the high ranked guilds only face the high ranked guilds, people complain. If guilds face splinters, people complain. If splinters face anyone but weaker opponents, people complain. So many freaking whiners that think they are entitled to the best prize all the time. Completely rediculous. Life happens and this is just a game. Enjoy it or join the numerous other people that have quit.

XenaDDD
02-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Suggestion: Allow limited number (3?) of temporary "super guild" alliances in war to fight the monster guilds. Maybe combine strongest stat players. Would give lower guilds a fighting chance against much higher stats. Guilds would need to coordinate and strategize, breathe new life into war. Let's stir the pot.

Person
02-03-2014, 08:57 AM
So it is ok for lower ranked guilds to face the top guilds as frequently happens, but splinters should get special treatments. Why don't you just petition Gree to hand over the streak unit. Face it, when you form a splinter you are taking a risk.

If the high ranked guilds only face the high ranked guilds, people complain. If guilds face splinters, people complain. If splinters face anyone but weaker opponents, people complain. So many freaking whiners that think they are entitled to the best prize all the time. Completely rediculous. Life happens and this is just a game. Enjoy it or join the numerous other people that have quit. Splinters arent getting special treatment, they are just small groups of people who used the Gree matching system to their advantage and were screwed when they changed stuff unannounced. Surely you agree that that is unfair?

Shadows
02-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Splinters arent getting special treatment, they are just small groups of people who used the Gree matching system to their advantage and were screwed when they changed stuff unannounced. Surely you agree that that is unfair?

Lemme get this straight, Person... splinters thought they found a loophole to exploit in the matching system, but now that that loophole is fixed they "unfairly" got screwed? Really??

Hey, it worked for awhile, so good for them! Now it's changed, so adjust accordingly: change their strategy, maybe get rid of the splinters and become/join a regular guild (& join the rest of the community) or continue on in their splinter guild, trying to find that next loophole to exploit... but please don't complain about it!

Dogs Pizza
02-03-2014, 09:05 AM
No, it was not unfair. the current system was unfair for a large portion of current players. My guild is built similar to the MOC splinters, but we dont come on here and whine constantly. This war went poorly for us at the beginning due to the changes just like it did for you. But now we have a better idea of where the matching algorithm is headed and we will adjust.
No one listens to you anymore because all you do is complain, if you hate the game so much just quit and go play GOW with the others. If you still want to play then adapt your style to how you think it will go. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, that is the nature of the game.

QueBall
02-03-2014, 09:25 AM
The first wars winning and losing didn't mean anything it was all about points and finishing spots so we didn't put up walls because who cared what people scored on you. We also ran regen wars we didn't fight in and got free points. Then they changed the rules and made wins and losses and walls relevant but it also became perverted by offering much better rewards for wins and losses vs finishing rewards. Hence splinters. I liked the start of this war where fights were fair and you could duke it out for wins rather than sit on your hands for an hour because of an unbeatable splinter. My suggestion is to revisit rewards and make finishing position mean more. Honestly rewards for LTQ's and bosses blow wars away by a mile and allows you to have a real life. 3 solid days of war are grueling if your dedicated and the payout at the end is less than remarkable.

Person
02-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Lemme get this straight, Person... splinters thought they found a loophole to exploit in the matching system, but now that that loophole is fixed they "unfairly" got screwed? Really??

Hey, it worked for awhile, so good for them! Now it's changed, so adjust accordingly: change their strategy, maybe get rid of the splinters and become/join a regular guild (& join the rest of the community) or continue on in their splinter guild, trying to find that next loophole to exploit... but please don't complain about it!

not a loophole, a tactic. Splinters figured out how to best work within the rules Gree set, then they changed it unnanounced for just long enough to screw up any chance budget splinters have at getting 56 and then change it back.

And those guys who keep saying stop complaining, what exactly is this forum for then? If people didnt complain on here anymore this would turn into a half obituary half quest data forum, where's the fun in that? Plus Gree would think "oh people dont complain anymore. Guess they got used to being screwed over. Lets screw them over harder!"

Shadows
02-03-2014, 10:31 AM
And those guys who keep saying stop complaining, what exactly is this forum for then? If people didnt complain on here anymore this would turn into a half obituary half quest data forum, where's the fun in that? Plus Gree would think "oh people dont complain anymore. Guess they got used to being screwed over. Lets screw them over harder!"

And with/without the complaining, the mentioned end result is different how?

bumpyfunk
02-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Completely disagree with the sentiment of this thread. Barely a single fair matchup all weekend.
In fact, as an example of this, the last battle we had (42 strong guild) just faced a guild of one, with stats far over every single member of ours.

Castle hits were soon wiped away once he made enough gem hits to pull away from even a tightly knit band of tactical hitters.

This war has made me start realising that there are better things to do with my life than waste it once a month waiting for a non existent 'fair' matchup. Between splinters and rogue single man/woman guilds, the life had been slowly sucked out of KA to the point that it's now difficult to rally my troops....let alone maintaining my own enthusiasm.

What a complete waste of time this has become. It used to be something to look forward to.

Person
02-03-2014, 10:47 AM
And with/without the complaining, the mentioned end result is different how?

one in 100 cases they actually change something positive. Besides, most of the complaining going on here is just a slightly negative way of voicing opinions.

Krayt
02-03-2014, 10:59 AM
People will try and find loopholes.
There is no need to feel sorry for anyone when a loophole changes.
At first solo guilds only fought solo guilds, where is the complaining when that changed

Zenobia
02-03-2014, 11:47 AM

I think a lot/all of the lower-ranked guilds who are unhappy with splinters fail to recognize WHY the splinters exist. So I'm going to use my guild as an example to show why. My guild was always (except that one Top 10 time) as Top 25-50 guild, depending on the prizes and whether Top 25 was worth the extra gems. Then the guild war quests came along. We adapted. We were the first to get Daleth. We continued to get the 50 wins prize while maintaining Top 25-50 for many wars.

Then the stat inflation of the top guilds got out of hand and the matching system changed to benefit those at the top complaining of long match times. Suddenly we could not win battles any more. We were faced time and again, every war, with guilds we could not hit.

Sound familiar to any lower-ranked guilds?

So we adapted. We started splitting into 2-3 guilds sometimes. And even occasionally small splinters. We did this because we were tired of having no chance at winning. Now some of the lower ranked guilds are feeling what we did. So all of you who are complaining that when guilds like us split it is unfair to them, think about it a little. Which is more unfair - a free or nearly free team having to have some unwinnable battles and unable to get 50 wins? Or one who has in equal parts worked hard AND paid out of our own pockets to succeed having to have unwinnable battles and unable to get 50 wins any more if we stay together?

It is like the "problem" with minis.
We didn't WANT to have to split in order to get 50 wins.
We didn't WANT to have to create minis in order to get decent CPs.
But we, like other Top 50 teams, WANT to succeed in this game and so we find ways to do it that cost us some money, but nothing like the amount it costs to be Top 3 which we are unwilling to spend.

If people don't like how our reaction to Gree's changes affects them, again, as with the minis argument, don't blame us. We are one step in a chain reaction. The root cause of the "splinter problem" is that Gree makes the 50 wins and streak prize much more valuable than rank prizes, and makes it impossible for large guilds to achieve those goals. The root cause of the "mini problem" is that Gree "rewards" levelling with worse CP each level. If Gree fixes those two things, the splinter and the mini will disappear.

bumpyfunk
02-03-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm not blaming anybody. Just saying my 18 months love affair with KA has slowly been diluted to the point that I have 99% had enough. The only thing keeping me playing is the awesome friends that I have met along the way....both in my guild, and throughout Line and Groupme groups.....including people from your very own guild.

One guy in our guild even invited me to his wedding. (And the rest of the guild)

That's the glue that has kept me from leaving.....that's the only bit of this left that has any fun associated with it.

marko101
02-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Very good post!!! Awaiting the trolls....

I think a lot/all of the lower-rankedh guilds who are unhappy with splinters fail to recognize WHY the splinters exist. So I'm going to use my guild as an example to show why. My guild was always (except that one Top 10 time) as Top 25-50 guild, depending on the prizes and whether Top 25 was worth the extra gems. Then the guild war quests came along. We adapted. We were the first to get Daleth. We continued to get the 50 wins prize while maintaining Top 25-50 for many wars.

Then the stat inflation of the top guilds got out of hand and the matching system changed to benefit those at the top complaining of long match times. Suddenly we could not win battles any more. We were faced time and again, every war, with guilds we could not hit.

So we adapted. We started splitting into 2-3 guilds sometimes. And even occasionally small splinters. We did this because we were tired of having no chance at winning. Now some of the lower ranked guilds are feeling what we did. So all of you who are complaining that when guilds like us split it is unfair to them, think about it a little. Which is more unfair - a free or nearly free team having to have some unwinnable battles and unable to get 50 wins? Or one who has in equal parts worked hard AND paid out of our own pockets to succeed having to have unwinnable battles and unable to get 50 wins any more if we stay together?

But we, like other Top 50 teams, WANT to succeed in this game and so we find ways to do it that cost us some money, but nothing like the amount it costs to be Top 3 which we are unwilling to spend.

If people don't like how our reaction to Gree's changes affects them, again, as with the minis argument, don't blame us. We are one step in a chain reaction. The root cause of the "splinter problem" is that Gree makes the 50 wins and streak prize much more valuable than rank prizes, and makes it impossible for large guilds to achieve those goals. The root cause of the "mini problem" is that Gree "rewards" levelling with worse CP each level. If Gree fixes those two things, the splinter and the mini will disappear.

Krayt
02-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Zenobia is just trying to stay ahead of the game, nothing wrong with it.
No one wants to fight with the top three, so I give them credit for finding a way around that.

People play this game how they want, enough complaining because you don't like it.

LordIndy
02-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Completely disagree with the sentiment of this thread. Barely a single fair matchup all weekend.
In fact, as an example of this, the last battle we had (42 strong guild) just faced a guild of one, with stats far over every single member of ours.

Castle hits were soon wiped away once he made enough gem hits to pull away from even a tightly knit band of tactical hitters.

This war has made me start realising that there are better things to do with my life than waste it once a month waiting for a non existent 'fair' matchup. Between splinters and rogue single man/woman guilds, the life had been slowly sucked out of KA to the point that it's now difficult to rally my troops....let alone maintaining my own enthusiasm.

What a complete waste of time this has become. It used to be something to look forward to.

I started this thread because I was in favor of the new changes...then Gree listened to whiners and changed it back. We faced one splinter guild, the first half of the war, then the second half of the war, after the change back, we faced primarily splinters. So I have retracted what my original statement said.

I will agree to the logic that a 10 person guild with 25M stats have a fair battle against a 50 person guild with 5M stats the minute Gree allows us to combine 5 of our attacks on one of their players. After all we have five times as many players.

I just don't agree that splinters should have an annointed right to the streak prize - especially "budget" splinters. They should have to face competition that is comparable to their ability.

LordIndy
02-03-2014, 02:09 PM
I think a lot/all of the lower-ranked guilds who are unhappy with splinters fail to recognize WHY the splinters exist. So I'm going to use my guild as an example to show why. My guild was always (except that one Top 10 time) as Top 25-50 guild, depending on the prizes and whether Top 25 was worth the extra gems. Then the guild war quests came along. We adapted. We were the first to get Daleth. We continued to get the 50 wins prize while maintaining Top 25-50 for many wars.

I understand you are trying to get the most from your gaming experience. Kudos to you. My issue is that splinters feel they have this God-given right to prey on lesser opponents. While elite splinters are elite and deserve to have a fair chance to streak, they should also have to face the top guilds that have comparable stats.

However when an average stat single person guild can get to 50 wins with no gems, there is something incredibly wrong with that. The splinters should face each other. They should face guilds with similar stat players and not just lesser guilds. I know there is collusion among many of the elite splinters in Groupme to make sure they don't face one another. Again a good tactic. With the current format of war though the only reasonable way to match is through size and relative strength.

Sr Chubbs
02-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Reading through this post, I see both side of the argument at hand. I for one liked the randomness. I think gree should have one of 3 matching algorithms and every war they pick one (without telling us). It would then make people either guess and/or structure a new guild makeup that will be able to succeed with any of the three. I know streak goers probably won't like this, but it is not supposed to be easy to get the 50 wins in a row.

marko101
02-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Splinters do have far compation!! Other splinters ! There's a lot of fights rangeing from 100k-400k cp

I started this thread because I was in favor of the new changes...then Gree listened to whiners and changed it back. We faced one splinter guild, the first half of the war, then the second half of the war, after the change back, we faced primarily splinters. So I have retracted what my original statement said.

I will agree to the logic that a 10 person guild with 25M stats have a fair battle against a 50 person guild with 5M stats the minute Gree allows us to combine 5 of our attacks on one of their players. After all we have five times as many players.

I just don't agree that splinters should have an annointed right to the streak prize - especially "budget" splinters. They should have to face competition that is comparable to their ability.

Person
02-03-2014, 03:40 PM
I understand you are trying to get the most from your gaming experience. Kudos to you. My issue is that splinters feel they have this God-given right to prey on lesser opponents. While elite splinters are elite and deserve to have a fair chance to streak, they should also have to face the top guilds that have comparable stats.

However when an average stat single person guild can get to 50 wins with no gems, there is something incredibly wrong with that. The splinters should face each other. They should face guilds with similar stat players and not just lesser guilds. I know there is collusion among many of the elite splinters in Groupme to make sure they don't face one another. Again a good tactic. With the current format of war though the only reasonable way to match is through size and relative strength.

the part in bold is the part i have a problem with in your otherwise fair argumentation. EVERY SINGLE GUILD feels cheated when they match a guild that beats them, unless its a close call. Splinters are guilds designed to win, so of course they feel they should at least have a fair chance at 56. 50 wins is for the true hardcore splinters a lucky hit, not hitting that 56 win reward feels like a failure and the 50 win prize they usually do get is their consolation. As they rarely rank high despite having stats which look right for a top 10 if not top 3 guild.

Zenobia
02-03-2014, 03:58 PM
What marko said. Splinters DO face other splinters. Frequently! We don't ***** about it - we expect it! - it can actually be one of the most fun (in a nail-biting kind of way) aspect of war these days IMO - trying to choose and adjust tactics during battle with splinters (whether in a splinter or in a big guild - I was in both this war). I have no idea why on Earth anyone would think splinters never (or rarely) face each other. That's ridiculous.

Maybe if some of these low-ranked non-splinters just accepted that splinters are part of KA life now and we ALL, splinter or not, face them, and are challenged by them, they will realize that they are in fact the ones crying about being denied their "God-given right" - to never have to face a splinter even though every one else, including other splinters, including Top guilds, has to. But THEY shouldn't have to. THEY should only ever have to face guilds EXACTLY like them in size and average strength. And splinters should ONLY face other splinters. :rolleyes: Give me a break.

MoC faced splinters we could not beat this war unless we wanted to break a number of our players' banks, which we did not. We didn't come close to 50 wins, due in part to all the Top 10 guilds we faced but also due to some very tough splinters we faced, and have nothing but respect for. But since we chose to stay together this war rather than split, we expected that. That is what we signed up for this war. We didn't cry that we shouldn't have had to face them. Of course we had to - EVERYONE DOES. We simply put up the CP we could in the battles we could to achieve our Top 25 goal. And are happy to have achieved it, not feeling robbed because we feel we have some absurd right to not have to face splinters. :rolleyes:

Shiloh
02-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Splinters have ruined the wars for nearly every guild not in the top 100, except of course for those splinter guilds. You can rationalize all you want, but your adaptation is for personal gain, it is selfish and self centered. You parlay your gains as a single unit into an unbeatable force that those that compete against you can not in fact compete. You clearly understand the frustration and yet reject others right go feel give same, based on your assessment that we don't spend enough to have the right to object.

I hate to admit that I spend on every war, many many people in our guild do. You have exaggerated your advantage by going from a singer entity we can't defeat to multiple ones, ones we are turn more likely to face.

You got yours and you like it, I get it. I just can't stomach greedy Gree taking advantage of selfish splinters, which had ruined the wars for many. Our guild has stepped up in performance on LTQs and spending on wars and we dropped in the ranking, in no small part due to lost enthusiasm to war, because of the 2 out of 3 draws we got were against unattackable opponents.

Congrats on your success, I quit.

And for you Gree, shut up already, tell people half truths is the same as telling half lies, and since you use the secrecy to extract the greatest sum from your customers your thieves, plain and simple.

Krayt
02-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Shiloh, Everything in the game is done for personal game. What you do is completely up to you. Who people join up with is completely up to them. You joined up with others in a guild for your own personal gain.

You want to avoid splinters here are your four options:
1) Have a guild in the bottom 1250 rung. 2) Fight solo. 3) Don't fight in wars 4) quit

marko101
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM
I should moan about my level 10 manor getting raided by someone with close to 10m attack less then my defence like a little girl!!! I feel robbed :-)
Now getting beat by someone because there stronger ie spend more to win is how these games work!!!

Valid or
02-03-2014, 04:49 PM
I should moan about my level 10 manor getting raided by someone with close to 10m attack less then my defence like a little girl!!! I feel robbed :-)
Now getting beat by someone because there stronger ie spend more to win is how these games work!!!
They raided you with that much a stat difference? To me that was dumb, now they are listed on your news feed and can't defend against you much, so you can raid them all you whant for revenge.
Personally I avoid raiding against people with much higher stats as I open myself up to attacks. But then again I look before I strike, safer that way

Krayt
02-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Looking before you raid seems to have gone out the window these days

Alexius
02-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Lol this thread is still going? As far as raiding I raid everyone I can touch. I don't really care about retribution because I raid waaaaaaay more than I collect even though I usually collect my highest paying buildings at the same time within a second or two of coming available so it's rarely an issue. I also raid my news feed first.

marko101
02-04-2014, 12:13 AM
Lol I already got one of his weak level 6 manors last night plus level 10 playhouse's

They raided you with that much a stat difference? To me that was dumb, now they are listed on your news feed and can't defend against you much, so you can raid them all you whant for revenge.
Personally I avoid raiding against people with much higher stats as I open myself up to attacks. But then again I look before I strike, safer that way

Capitalsfanatic
02-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Krayt, so if I understand your response, you are saying that everyone manipulates the system for personal gain. If I'm incorrect, I apologize. But an inference such as that is to broad and simply not true. Splinters, in my opinion, are designed to avoid a level playing field. They are designed to use that advantage to prey on weaker guilds...again, in my humble opinion. This seems to clearly define "personal gain." Does guild finish even matter any more, or have the battle events morphed into wins and win streaks? The rewards would seem to indicate the latter. The rules permit splinters, but that does not mean everyone has to like it. Accept it, yes...it's within the rules. Oh well, stuff happens.

BTW--there is another option. It's called disengage. We simply put down our tablets and smartphones and take a pass until the next war. We refuse to expend gems or energy on splinters. While personal gain is certainly part of the game, it is not the whole big picture. Camaraderie and friendships also are a part of guild play. Our guild knows our limitations and we know we are not going to win 50+ wars or run off a huge win streak. We play for a guild finish that reflects our best effort as a team. Sound corny? Maybe, but that's our view.

Krayt
02-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Not saying everyone manipulates the situation, but I am saying everyone is out for personal gain. It's why people join guilds, to make your character stronger.

As for a level playing field, there isn't one. There are so many tiers in this game now that there will never be a level playing field again. When the 4th and 5th ranked guilds can't fight with the top three then what do you expect. Play in a top 50 guild where you can't compete with the top ten. The stats have gone up so much so fast that now everyone has to decide what they have to do to enjoy the game. Do you want to be in a guild that fights to get as high a rank as possible? Or now that goes for wins and streaks? Or do you just want to be in a guild that made up of people you enjoy playing with? Everyone has to decide for themselves what they want and stop complaining when someone else wants something else....