PDA

View Full Version : The Raid Boss Experience, iOS vs. Android

nazgul
01-31-2014, 09:41 PM
There have been a lot of comments about this, and I thought I saw somewhere, albeit a while ago, a request for video. Seeing how it hasn't gotten any better yet, I thought I'd show a side-by-side comparison for your entertainment.

NOTES
* yes, it's a new but lower end Android tablet. But it's only two months old, and my iPad is almost 3 years old.
* Both tablets are running the current version.
* Get some popcorn and sit down. It's going to take a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0njaYvCb4&hd=1

Edit: I forgot that some mobile users won't see the embedded video. Here's a link for them.http://youtu.be/2s0njaYvCb4

doobie
01-31-2014, 09:56 PM
There have been a lot of comments about this, and I thought I saw somewhere, albeit a while ago, a request for video. Seeing how it hasn't gotten any better yet, I thought I'd show a side-by-side comparison for your entertainment.

NOTES
* yes, it's a new but lower end Android tablet. But it's only two months old, and my iPad is almost 3 years old.
* Both tablets are running the current version.
* Get some popcorn and sit down. It's going to take a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s0njaYvCb4&hd=1

This constant lag sucks its unplayable please discontinue this horrible event is love to play my game again please!

lsjs41
01-31-2014, 10:02 PM
im sure Gree are working on it :D, if only they could get ios to perform the way Droid does lol

Mirmur
01-31-2014, 11:49 PM
Oh dear. This happens on my droid tablet too, so I stopped playing with it.
The difference between ios n droid are hugh. Even my phone is unplayable at times, takes too long to reaponse.

Great video demonstration, nazgul!

Dirty Larry
02-01-2014, 12:31 AM
I felt like I was inside of the raid boss with my iPhone. Now I got an android phone and it isn't as intimate.

therealbengie
02-01-2014, 02:19 AM
TL;DW

I play on 2 iphones and both run CC perfectly, they are a 5 and a 4s. I have also started playing in the last week on my laptop using bluestacks which apart from bluestacks crashing every now and then runs fine, but my laptop is a 2ghz i7

RealTeflonDon
02-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Where's the link?

therealbengie
02-01-2014, 02:52 AM
in the first post? you see that massive image, that's the link.

RealTeflonDon
02-01-2014, 02:54 AM
No I don't, actually. Could be that I'm on a phone? Rather perplexed by this one..

Jeremy Kyle
02-01-2014, 02:58 AM
iPhone 5..... No lag everything running perfectly well

RealTeflonDon
02-01-2014, 03:03 AM
Ohhh welll.... Anyways, what I've found for android devices is that you need to go into storage, then go to CC and clear the data. Not sure why but it would seem that the game builds up unnecessary amounts of data and just bogs the app down. I lost the widget compatibility about a month ago by doing this... Small price to pay to get the game back into a bearable state, if you ask me

therealbengie
02-01-2014, 03:47 AM
the same happens on ios devices bar the lag, the app gets huge, its currently 411mb on my phone but I've seen it well over a gig before.

nazgul
02-01-2014, 04:11 AM
Ohhh welll.... Anyways, what I've found for android devices is that you need to go into storage, then go to CC and clear the data. Not sure why but it would seem that the game builds up unnecessary amounts of data and just bogs the app down. I lost the widget compatibility about a month ago by doing this... Small price to pay to get the game back into a bearable state, if you ask me

This did wonders. Thank you for the advice!

RealTeflonDon
02-01-2014, 04:53 AM
Glad it helped. :-)

Burnttree
02-01-2014, 05:00 AM
My android runs just as good as your crapple ios. Its your junky tablet. Get a better tablet and it will be fine like a samung

RealTeflonDon
02-01-2014, 05:03 AM
My android runs just as good as your crapple ios. Its your junky tablet. Get a better tablet and it will be fine like a samung

Lol... you clearly didn't read pg.2 here... did you?
Btw, what's a samung? Is that a type of fish?

aron
02-01-2014, 05:41 AM

Why didn't you say this 2 months ago... Awsome!!!

Gato blanca
02-01-2014, 06:02 AM
Same experiences here. The game is just not playable on my android phone. I completely gave up on That. It is now transferred to a tablet and altough I can play, the difference with iOS is still large.

But at least it does not get to the point I want to trow my phone out of the window...

Ice2000
02-01-2014, 07:55 AM

Can you explain what it means by "go into storage, then go to CC and clear the data"

My android lag is killing me, works 5 sec, hangs 30 sec

bravo 6 vk
02-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Same thing happening here on droid phone.. Its the worst keeps freezing.. 2 hits, 10+ minutes

KingOW
02-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Good video, I can't even go into the boss with my mini right now, and I can't collect buildings. It blows hard. When there is no RB event it works fine tho, so it's the RB that's broken for sure.

iteachem
02-01-2014, 08:32 AM
You tap with your middle finger...lol

RealTeflonDon
02-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Can you explain what it means by "go into storage, then go to CC and clear the data"

My android lag is killing me, works 5 sec, hangs 30 sec

Go to "Settings"

Find your "storage" menu (the place where all of your apps are located). I would detail this part but its different on all devices.

Find and select "Crime City". Scroll down a little bit and there will be a button that says, "clear data". Push it.

when trying to log back into CC, for myself at least, it gave me a couple "you must have an internet connection... blah blah blah" a few times (despite being on WiFi). So keep hitting retry or fully reboot your device.

hope this helps.

Timala
02-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Thank you so much RealTeflonDon, this made my game playable again :D

RealTeflonDon
02-01-2014, 09:03 AM
You are most welcome :-)
Glad this is helping people!

nazgul
02-01-2014, 09:13 AM

Wow, 14 replies before the first snarky comment. The over/under was 8...

nazgul
02-01-2014, 09:14 AM
You are most welcome :-)
Glad this is helping people!

The fine android users in my syndicate also send their thanks.

Incidentally, since clearing the data and reloading the dataset, I've dumped abuot 1k energy and have not gotten a single uzi. :(

RealTeflonDon
02-01-2014, 09:21 AM
The fine android users in my syndicate also send their thanks.

Incidentally, since clearing the data and reloading the dataset, I've dumped abuot 1k energy and have not gotten a single uzi. :(

Ya, I meant to post a disclaimer regarding other potential issues that could arise. It should go without saying though that you should always ensure that you're on the most current build of CC. I know you said you reloaded the latest data set, but its worth while to confirm that you are.

I will add though, after clearing data on my Tablet acct, I didn't have a noticeable difference in uzi drop rate.

bravo 6 vk
02-02-2014, 03:47 AM
I mentioned the same thing happening to me, but I unistalled/reinstalled, and it works very well now on droid. Atleast for now.

Yancool
02-02-2014, 05:01 AM
It's you iOS device that is filled with too many data.

Goto settings, general, reset all settings, the device will now restart and you need to setup network again, after that voila...... Speedy as a monster.

Good luck.