PDA

View Full Version : SQLite file in android data push

RetiredAndHappy
01-31-2014, 02:04 PM
Question for the more geeky of us

In the past, when I want to see all the new items added to the game I would extract the plist files and then convert into xml.. This would allow me to see new targets, buildings, units etc...

Similar to how the toolkit work on the IOS version

But for a while now this has been replaced with a sqlite file .. RpgPlusProvider.db ...

So now in the mw_yyyymmdd_vv folder I cant see anything but this db file

Ive tried move it onto my pc and reading with sqlite and tried reading directly on my phone with sqlite edit.

Obviously I can do it the old fashioned way and go into every map to see new targets, but being able to extract the info quickly would be preferred.

Anyone know how I can read this DB file?

And for all trollers who will probably respond... This isn't hacking or glitching or cheating in any way.. I am not changing the game and doing anything dodgy.. I simply what to find the info quickly, just like the toolkit

Luuzer
01-31-2014, 04:18 PM
actually it should be gree posting the info what is coming, not players working hard to find out themselves....

DTA-HOG
01-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Double Tap

DTA-HOG
01-31-2014, 05:43 PM
I don't understand why you guys expect gree to provide this information. They will provide it in the goals once you get that far in the event. You guys need to cut gree a break. If you don't like the way they do business go play Candy Crush with your wives.

RetiredAndHappy
02-01-2014, 01:06 AM
Because it should be simple to do..

But this thread isn't about goals, it is about me trying to extract info from the db file

Sparkle
02-01-2014, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=DTA-HOG; If you don't like the way they do business go play Candy Crush with your wives.[/QUOTE]

Candy Crush with Wives? Surely you don't believe that there are only men playing Modern War and that women don't enjoy a game that takes a bit of planning and thought!

Dutchie
02-01-2014, 08:43 AM
I don't understand why you guys expect gree to provide this information. They will provide it in the goals once you get that far in the event. You guys need to cut gree a break. If you don't like the way they do business go play Candy Crush with your wives. So why do they provide this information in Crime City and not Modern War?

Dutchie
02-01-2014, 10:58 AM
The HOG has no answer to that one... LOL

@OP - try this or similar Android app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.browser.app&hl=en

Jman
02-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Anyone know how I can read this DB file?

You probably can't read the file. If gree included an encryption key to access the database you will be forced to figure it out before you can understand the data it contains. Of course if the db is unencrypted its a whole different story and you can probably figure it out. (You can tell if it is encrypted or not by opening the db in a simple text editor and viewing the contents. If they appear to be words crushed together its not encrypted. If there are symbols or randoms strings of letters then good luck trying to read it.)

DTA-HOG
02-01-2014, 02:31 PM
The HOG has no answer to that one... LOL

@OP - try this or similar Android app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.browser.app&hl=en

You are correct. That doesn't seem right. The games are damn near identical. A simple copy/paste should be the hardest part.

Dutchie
02-01-2014, 03:21 PM
You are correct. That doesn't seem right. The games are damn near identical. A simple copy/paste should be the hardest part. I'm always right HOG, haven't you learned that by now ;P