PDA

View Full Version : Why MW and not CC?

Gunn
01-31-2014, 01:07 PM
So for those of you who don't know there is this long post in the MW forum from CJ54 where he explains that they maid an error with the raid boss drop rate, and it wasn't their intention to make people pay for folders (mw uzis) it was just there for people who aren't active. He then says the drop rate was lower than expected and is giving everyone 40 folders to make up for it as well as increasing the drop rate. To this I reply, why not us? The drop rate for this game had to be as bad as the one in mw. Take a look at the forum... every thread is either buying/selling uzis or complaining about lack of uzis. So why MW and not CC?

RealTeflonDon
01-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Because we are the bottom feeders of GREE's consumer base.

sister morphine
01-31-2014, 01:10 PM
Because we are the bottom feeders of GREE's consumer base.
You expect consistency?

Gunn
01-31-2014, 01:10 PM
That's the feeling i get

Blowin Smoke
01-31-2014, 01:11 PM
They are trying to kill off crime city slowly to focus on other exciting games by GREE.

RealTeflonDon
01-31-2014, 01:13 PM
You expect consistency?

CC is consistently given less attention by GREE staff than say MW or KA... hence my comment

Kitty McPurr
01-31-2014, 01:13 PM
It cost alot of money for Gree to make all of those folders. They slaved overnight making sure each one was just right. Imagine how much it would cost for them to start machining out more red uzis. The cost for the metal alone would be astronimical.

Oh wait, they are just digital. forgot.

CJ54
01-31-2014, 01:15 PM
The drop rate for this game had to be as bad as the one in mw.

Drop rate in MW has been different due to different overall metrics.

You expect consistency?

They're different games. They might similar and in some ways play similar (the basic "base building/raiding/attacking" core mechanic) , but the costs for a lot of things are different and what players end up doing as groups of individuals across the board ends up being different, in a lot of cases.

sister morphine
01-31-2014, 01:15 PM
CC is consistently given less attention by GREE staff than say MW or KA... hence my comment
KA hasn't had official war results posted for months. Players have to piece things together by themselves. It's not all one way traffic here

RealTeflonDon
01-31-2014, 01:17 PM
KA hasn't had official war results posted for months. Players have to piece things together by themselves. It's not all one way traffic here

Okay, so MW > CC... KA is in the tank & CC is slowly creeping in with it.

Iron Mike
01-31-2014, 01:18 PM
My theory is that GREEd knows this cow is about to die, with the mass exodus into retirement and a huge drop in income, so they are going to milk this cow to get every last drop out knowing they are actually driving everybody away as each person sees the light and quits. They'll shut it down, delete these forums, rewrite all the bad code from funzio and their own inability to write good code, give it a facelift, and relaunch it under a new name to a new generation of players who have no clue of the history.

Kinda like the matrix.

cooch
01-31-2014, 01:24 PM

KA has dropped out of the Top 100 total sales. Get the picture? There is a pecking order of priority for Gree. CC is trending that way as well. You should know better Sister!

RealTeflonDon
01-31-2014, 01:24 PM
If they're trying to milk it, why not at least milk it right... There isn't even a syndicate element of this PVP event..

99.9% of the reason anyone was excited for a PvP event was taken away. I know events are optional & this one is only going to be done by the new players and those that can't earn any more xp... So that leaves about 95% of the playbase out.

Iron Mike
01-31-2014, 01:28 PM
The milk is almost gone, so the beatings to the head have commenced.

ETA: they can't just put a bullet in the head and shut it down. Someone might hear that because so many people still have gold in their accounts. That's a PR nightmare, and it could become a lawsuit.

RealTeflonDon
01-31-2014, 01:33 PM
The milk is almost gone, so the beatings to the head have commenced.

Lol. Idk that I'd say the milk is almost gone... but it's certainly GREE's own fault for any "drying up" they're experiencing...

Bring back a PvP event with the absence of a syndicate element just cut their sales down by about 90% (minimum)... And every time something is poorly implemented or players are experiencing game-breaking lag, the player/consumer loses faith. I mean, that's just Business 101...

saggs
01-31-2014, 01:48 PM
It cost alot of money for Gree to make all of those folders. They slaved overnight making sure each one was just right. Imagine how much it would cost for them to start machining out more red uzis. The cost for the metal alone would be astronimical.

Oh wait, they are just digital. forgot.

best comment EVER!

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
01-31-2014, 02:21 PM
My theory is that GREEd knows this cow is about to die, with the mass exodus into retirement and a huge drop in income, so they are going to milk this cow to get every last drop out knowing they are actually driving everybody away as each person sees the light and quits. They'll shut it down, delete these forums, rewrite all the bad code from funzio and their own inability to write good code, give it a facelift, and relaunch it under a new name to a new generation of players who have no clue of the history.

Kinda like the matrix.

For 2 and a half years I've been reading the same posts. "Mass exodus..." Has yet to happen. Eschatology of Gree. What's your prediction for the rapture when all good mobsters should sell their bases and wait for salvation?

Gunn
01-31-2014, 03:11 PM
well thanks for at least responding cj. I still think this drop rate needs rectifying similar to mw though.

You know what this is actually a good thing. I just decided that I officially know what to expect from gree. I will not finish any events, no matter how diligent I am, or my syndicate is. It is a pay to win game. I can accept that, and I will never complain again. I won't ever spend another penny on the game either. Hopefully if i can look at it as a free game where you just get as far as you can, and never hope to finish anything I won't get so frustrated.

N41LZ
01-31-2014, 03:41 PM

They're different games. They might similar and in some ways play similar (the basic "base building/raiding/attacking" core mechanic) , but the costs for a lot of things are different and what players end up doing as groups of individuals across the board ends up being different, in a lot of cases.

Just admit it CJ, either the dev team for CC hates us or the dev team for MW are simply better (hint - you can learn a thing or two from them).

Either way, anyone playing MW may have at one point regretted investing in CC since when you directly compare the two, MW is superior - why?
Their dev team treats their players better - they are more generous. Eg. gives more time for LTQs (players with around 2000 energy can complete a MW LTQ where a player in CC with 3000+ energy can't even finish normal mode with gold recharge) and there are more gold sales offered where CC only has one. (there's a gold sale on MW right now)

Hell, even CJ posts more in MW then here (and gives more descriptive answers in MW then he ever does here).

You know that saying, "The grass is greener on the other side"?
Well it's true.

CJ54
01-31-2014, 03:43 PM
You know that saying, "The grass is greener on the other side"?
Well it's true.

Depending on what is going on, everyone over there talks about how much better it is over here.

Turbomatic
01-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi cj
From the first raid boss we got Uzis from doing doing jobs,pvp ect what is the reason why after the first raid boss the drop rate gets smaller and smaller unless you pay gold to do ltq with the ridiculous energy levels then you get a few more for spending also over in MW it's 50 folders to kil a 100 boss compared to a 100 in CC.

Armalg-the-Good
01-31-2014, 04:15 PM
I always feel like GREE games are a giant social experiment...maybe somebody's PhD thesis on the limits of customer abuse. Each game has its own issues. Generally GREE is very responsive in Kingdom Age and a few others (those are the control groups), whereas Crime Crime city seems to be the experimental group where customers are treated like **** constantly. The constant barrage of horrible decisions are all planned.... data is collected and then new ways to piss off the customer based are devised.

Luv4UR Mom
01-31-2014, 04:48 PM
......What players end up doing as groups of individuals across the board ends up being different, in a lot of cases.

So what I'm hearing then, is that people in CC will either spend gold on Uzis, buy them on eBay, or trade for them on the forum, so there is no need to give any freebies?

Iron Mike
01-31-2014, 06:13 PM
For 2 and a half years I've been reading the same posts. "Mass exodus..." Has yet to happen. Eschatology of Gree. What's your prediction for the rapture when all good mobsters should sell their bases and wait for salvation?

Are you a GREE employee, or do you receive compensation from GREE or any of its subsidiaries, clients or agencies in any form?

Zendfrim
01-31-2014, 09:43 PM
They are trying to kill off crime city slowly to focus on other exciting games by GREE.the App Store says "Funzio Inc."

therealbengie
02-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Are you a GREE employee, or do you receive compensation from GREE or any of its subsidiaries, clients or agencies in any form?

I've been here as long as him if not longer and have heard the same crying since day one with the same claims of this game being a sinking ship and is about to fail. It's all childish BS.

djonny88
02-01-2014, 04:03 AM
Give us 40 of em

Iron Mike
02-01-2014, 04:41 AM
I've been here as long as him if not longer and have heard the same crying since day one with the same claims of this game being a sinking ship and is about to fail. It's all childish BS.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but there is a law behind the question.

Armalg-the-Good
02-01-2014, 05:49 AM

That is exactly what people said about the passenger pigeon before it went extinct...... So, if there isn't anything wrong how come nearly all of the player based fan support for Crime City has dried up? If we get info now, it is delivered by GREE employees. I guess there isn't anything wrong..... nothing to see here people.... move along

dribblin todger
02-01-2014, 06:10 AM
The general intent that we are looking for is for folders to be special as drops but not prohibitively rare. The goal is to have most factions have enough of the things to make good progress and/or complete the goal chain with the folders collected, assuming everyone in the faction is generally active and out doing map jobs the rest of the time. We don't want to have people swimming in thousands and thousands of the things (without intentionally doing that as a goal, anyway), making them basically another concrete drop.

The goal is NOT to encourage people to have to buy them in the store. Those are in the store to help accommodate less-active players who still want to come in for the big events (so convenience, basically), and also for factions who want to go all-out on extensively farming a given raid boss at the start of the event (it happens). That is the goal with those, convenience and going beyond the necessary.

and what would be the stance on CC.... cos the uzi drop rate on here definately falls into the same realm as the MW folder issue..

azgrunge
02-01-2014, 07:39 AM

um, drop rate is horrible in both but worse in the one. I don't remember being able to buy these folders/uzis/chips, etc. whatever you call them in each game before when the drop rate was higher. Me thinks there may be a correlation to earning $$$ from selling gold and reduction of drop rate from normal play.

It's your company Gree and you can do what you want. I just know I play a lot more CSR lately and others play other games. In other words, there is correlation between how players feel they are being treated and the time (and eventual gold) they spend on games. As long as you understand the full implications of your actions and fully understand the profit curve, then keep doing what you think is right.

*Profit curve. If you charge nothing, you will earn nothing and have negative profit. If you charge 10,000 per month, most quit and you can't cover expenses with the few who will pay. But, there is an optimal charge where you charge y and many players pay and profit is maximized. I can say that I think you are on the far right side of the profit curve now.

therealbengie
02-01-2014, 09:35 AM

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but there is a law behind the question.

you don't sound like a broken record, it makes you sound bitter and childish is all, and no, I'm not a Gree employee.

therealbengie
02-01-2014, 09:39 AM
That is exactly what people said about the passenger pigeon before it went extinct...... So, if there isn't anything wrong how come nearly all of the player based fan support for Crime City has dried up? If we get info now, it is delivered by GREE employees. I guess there isn't anything wrong..... nothing to see here people.... move along

stupid comparison, you're comparing progress of technology with people whims and fancies.

where did I say there is nothing broken with the game? all of your fan provided info that has disappeared came from a very small number of players that where around from the start and some have moved on after a few years, this doesn't mean the game is on the brink of failing.

Zendfrim
02-01-2014, 09:47 AM

They're different games. They might similar and in some ways play similar (the basic "base building/raiding/attacking" core mechanic) , but the costs for a lot of things are different and what players end up doing as groups of individuals across the board ends up being different, in a lot of cases.We care not about your metrics or how different you think the game is. There are equivalent items that need to operate equally across the games. The prices and drop rates should be identical. Why you chose to favor MW over the other games is simply beyond me. You could very easily have made CC the proper flagship it should be. It appears that effort never even crossed your minds.

Iron Mike
02-01-2014, 07:09 PM
you don't sound like a broken record, it makes you sound bitter and childish is all, and no, I'm not a Gree employee.

Ha. Not bitter. Just hoping to wake people up. You said you weren't a gree employee. That's nice, but bill Clinton also didn't have sex with that woman. You could still be receiving compensation from gree as an agent, but to not disclose that would be illegal in the US.

Interestingly, trigger never replied one way or the other.