PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion to improve the game

Armalg-the-Good
01-31-2014, 10:36 AM
Stat inflation has caused a crisis in this game. We have lost a few key players in our syndicate because of frustration over it. They have watched new players and even mini players catch up to their stats in a few months what took years to build. God forbid I actually post something constructive in this forum since there are only trolls left but I thought I would give it a shot. Silly me.
These are not original ideas. Other GREE games use similar mechanics to augment against the downsides of being of high level.

The first (I’ll post more later) is to skew stats upwards with a percentage based investment leveling system. As a player levels they will receive 1 investment point per level and can invest it in a 5 prong investment ladder. A level 250 would have 250 investment points to invest in the ladder. Parts of the ladder could have level restrictions. Below is an example of such a ladder. The key is to give higher level players “breadth” in the their stat boosts and bonuses to offset the disadvantages of being of large level (mainly being a point target during wars). Stat inflation would still happen but it would benefit higher level players more than lower level players. There would be more horizontal competition and less vulnerability from lower level players. These bonuses would be stackable and there will be some variation based on player choice.

Armor Specialization (1-10%) -->Armor Expertise (1-20%) --> Armor Mastery (1-50%)--> Strongman (5x5% influence)
Vehicle Specialization (1-10%) -->Vehicle Expertise (1-20%) -->Vehicle Mastery (1-50%) --> Taskmaster (Energy regen 5x5%)
Explosive Specialization (1-10%) --> Explosive Specialization (1-20%) --> Explosive Mastery (1-50%) --> Shock and Awe (5x5% boss damage)
Melee Specialization (1-10%) --> Melee Specialization (1-20%) --> Melee Mastery (1-50%) -->Extortion (5x5% IPH)
Firearm Specialization (1-10%) --> Firearm Specialization (1-20%) --> Firearm Specialization (1-50%) --> Intimidation (5x5% building reduction time)

I would suggest putting a level cap on the last “tier” of bonuses to something like level 150. That would give vulnerable higher level players an extra edge in battle. For example a level 170 could afford 2 full bonus tiers, so during a syndicate war they could score higher (influence bonus) and more often (energy regen bonus) to offset the amount of point scored against them because of their high level. You could also give away prizes that add extra skill points to the mix (up to 5) so that at level 250 could afford 3 full tier bonuses. When you extend the level cap, you could add another layer of specialization with a cap to give those players ultra high level players another edge.
You could sell and give away (as prizes) tier reset kits. Gold players will buy these to optimize their experiences during different events. Intimidation + Extortion for LTB, Shock and Awe + Taskmaster for bosses, etc. Free players will have to make an investment choice that best suits their long term goals. Taskmaster will help gain stats through events, Strongman would have big consequences during wars. You could also invest your points widely and just go for extra stat points. This system will only work, however, if the bonuses are not calculated into the cost of events and remain real investment choices with real value.

The over arching issue with the stat inflation changes is that GREE does not value their players past investments. This needs to stop. GREE needs to inject back into the system real value for commodities, whether that is IPH, gold, respect, or simply player time investment.

ant1greeny2
01-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a great idea!

Guisseppe17
01-31-2014, 10:59 AM
*skims through in two seconds*
I love it!

PoopyPants
01-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Too long and I'm too lazy to read it

RealTeflonDon
01-31-2014, 01:08 PM
There's no room for constructive threads here. Move along.
Jk. Sounds good. Sorry though, it won't be implemented. If it is, it will be nothing like what you thought it would be.

kitten
01-31-2014, 06:36 PM
I havent heard from GREE support in almost 5 days about a simple account transfer....
I had to do a master reset on my phone and have emailed them with all the correct information. This is hueting my entire syndicate and my stats. I've lost so much! Is there anyone on here who works with GREE who can help my support ticket get looked at? 5 days is too much for all of the gold I spend.
Please help....message me if u can.
Thanks

N41LZ
01-31-2014, 07:12 PM
Don't waste your time, don't think gree listens/cares

kitten
01-31-2014, 07:24 PM

No way! I want my game back. My syndicate is hurting!

Armalg-the-Good
01-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Probably not the right thread to bring this up in. I've had really good response from GREE when using the in game "help" feature to set up the email and absolutely no response from any of the issues I have directly emailed them about. Not sure why that is. Have you tried going through the help menu in the game?.... then add your character info to that "email"

kitten
01-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Probably not the right thread to bring this up in. I've had really good response from GREE when using the in game "help" feature to set up the email and absolutely no response from any of the issues I have directly emailed them about. Not sure why that is. Have you tried going through the help menu in the game?.... then add your character info to that "email"

Yes...that's how I initially created the ticket...now I'm on day 5 almost. I was hoping a GREE worker would jump on and save me...lol.

TxSpike
01-31-2014, 09:04 PM

+1 Gree doesn't care about our 'petty whining'. :mad:

Armalg-the-Good
02-04-2014, 11:09 PM
The second part of this has to do with re-establishing the value of money and respect and favoring players who have played longer and invested wisely.

The part of this is to re-establish the value of having a large hood. Large hoods take time to build and require large financial investment. Investing deeply into expanding your hood size offers little to no benefits under the current game model. So, how do we accomplish this?

I think the first part of this must be to establish some defense buildings that are actually worth investing in. In one of your update post a GREE employee eluded that this may be coming. I dearly hope so. But, even if you do add another layer of defense buildings to invest in there still is the problem of building limitations. If one had to choose an income building upgrade (or an LTB upgrade) vs investing in a defense building, it is always more beneficial to build the income building. Higher income = greater ability to go deeply into LTB events = more stat increases in the long run. Defense buildings take way too long to risk building and to upgrade and their investment is static/does not grow with time. Currently all defense buildings are a waste of time. They waste space that can be used for LTBs and they waste time you could be using to build your income. What needs to happen is the establishment of a separate building and upgrade slot for defense buildings alone. Players would start with a single extra build slot for these sorts of buildings and that capability could be expanded upon with gear from events etc. The normal building slots can remain universal (for money and defense). Players with large incomes would then be able to use extra hood space for building their defenses up and eventually would need to expand their hoods to keep up with a new defense arms race based on buildings. Those that don't have the money and space to keep up will fall behind in their defenses.

The other change that needs to happen is a new tier of respect and game cash weapons that are on par or better than minor event prize weapons. These new weapons should be level capped to give higher level players an advantage. They can also be very expensive, so long as they are worth saving for. What matters is that players feel that with hard work they can keep ahead of players that play passively and camp. Currently you can do a few epic and raid boss events and/or camp through a group LTQ and collect a plethora of mid range weapons that make anything you can buy with any commodity (even gold) look like a waste of resources. Players who have been playing for a long time need a way of using the investments they have made to keep ahead of new players who are flooding their inventories with easily obtainable mid range event weapons. Respect, except for brand new players, is an almost useless commodity now. People don’t even really care about the high end respect explosives anymore. Game cash is only useful for syndicate upgrades and the most expensive LTBs. When’s the last time GREE has sold a large amount of game cash which didn’t have a ticket assigned to it claiming the player meant to buy gold and accidentally bought cash?

In the last few months we have seen the complete erosion of anything but camping as being a viable way forward. In some ways we've come full circle. Players understand the need to keep things fresh. But, there needs to be balance. Long term investing used to be one way smart players distinguished themselves from the rabble. That is all gone now and it needs to be re-established. There is something terribly wrong when a veteran player feels they can gain far more from restarting their character than to continue to try and keep up with the changes they see around them. If they are feeling that way, there is also no reason for them to not walk away from the game in general because they see no value in the investment in their time other than the friends they have made long the way. When those friends are also frustrated, you start seeing players leaving in clusters. That is exactly what is happening now.